Our Richmond VA based Product Development group is looking for talented, passionate, high-energy software developers to join the AgilQuest team. If you’re looking to get lost in a large organization or enjoy working on one tiny piece of some huge application, then this isn’t the job for you. We’re offering the right person the unique opportunity to help us build our next generation product - a massively scalable multi-point solution delivered from the cloud. At AgilQuest, you will be challenged in a high profile, visible position that will enable you to gather a wealth of experience working alongside other smart dedicated people. Your primary role will be to develop software in Java and to define the new product architecture. We’re seeking someone who has a wide-range of technical experience and desires to work on all aspects of the product.
- Design and create commercial software to be deployed both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Provide software architecture guidance rooted in real-world experience.
- Develop backend and middleware logic/structure using Java.
- Define and implement a web services layer to integrate application interfaces for web and mobile clients.
- Work on a team that develops software in an iterative, customer-driven Agile process.
To be a good fit for this role…
- You’ve most likely been developing software in a professional capacity for more than seven years.
- Proven is a word that describes your past work, and you can point to a solid track record of developing production-ready applications through the full SDLC.
- You have a strong familiarity with the development of services to support multiple application interfaces.
- Testing your code isn’t something you believe is someone else’s responsibility.
- You possess a strong understanding of database design principles.
- You are mindful of performance when designing solutions and understand the challenges of building a multi-tenant solution with thousands of concurrent users.
- You can handle making the occasional trade-off in order to meet a delivery schedule and are disciplined enough to make refactoring part of the development process.
- Creative, inventive, and proactive are all words that describe you. You love learning new things and working to solve problems.