Agilent Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  MANESAR, INDIAJuly 17, 2017
A best place to work, team work, participated in many activities along with work.Ex. Agilent premier league, festival celebrations.Loved my work, good people.
Amazing Place to work
Direct Channel Manager India (Current Employee) –  DelhiJuly 14, 2017
One of the best place to work with a lot of learning and amazing culture. people love to work here and get a guidance from all seniors.

perfect work life balance
Pros
Work Life Balance
Workplace Culture
Research Librarian Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at this place. My boss was so awesome and understanding. We worked really hard to provided the services our Engineers needed in a timely manner. Loved the cafeteria, staff picnics, vending machines, and most of all caring and kind employees.
Pros
great flexibilty and benefits
Cons
Loved working at Agilent!
Proposal/Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 7, 2017
Incredible team of people and a great environment. Unfortunately, I was one of the last hired and one of the first to be laid off. Eventually, most if not all of Colorado divisions were closed. I had a great manager and was able to hone my project management and proposal writing skills. Awesome opportunity!
Loved this job, great company to work for
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 26, 2017
Over the many years...
I created quotes for equipment for T&M customers
I entered orders off of customer's purchase orders.
I investigated and negotiated discrepancies in invoices and lack of payments.
I created the same documents for support of the same equipment.
I negotiated deliveries with manufacturing sites and renegotiated customer expectations.
I assisted in company audits and peer groups to make systems work better. I also was a trainer and assisted in the consolidation of the Mexico and Canada sites to the Colorado site.
Pros
Fun flexible alwas changing
Cons
Being laid off
Materials Manager for production
Materials Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 22, 2017
Agilent Technologies was great in the early 2000's. I was there for three years, and I really enjoyed my job. The training was not the best, but the job was interesting.
This is a good place to work
Precision Machine Deburrer (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 28, 2017
Good place to work, learn and full of challenge. Unfortunately the business was down therefore a lot of employees got laid off and I was
the last term to get that. I hope one day I can come back.
Nice place to work
Vendor Payables Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2017
Great work life balance and nice place to work
Good atmosphere to work and I really enjoyed working there.
Valued their employees and diversity. I look for other companies that have similar values.
Pros
Make their employees feel appreciated
Cons
Na
Positive culture - products are helping create a better world
Marcom (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 25, 2017
Autonomy to introduce new ideas and run with them.Extensive training opportunities available. Good pay/profit sharing/benefits.Due to specific role, certain periods of the year are quite intense.Volunteer time off given to assist non-profits.Frequent sales or special occasion celebrations with food, drink.Bureaucracy and processes to resolve simple issues can be challenging.
Pros
Flexible schedule; telecommunting
Cons
Little to no live support for issues/questions.
typically a good place to work
Production/Logistics Manager, Expert (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 25, 2017
Agilent is a pretty good place to work. Good work-life balance and close to home. However, little job growth or advancement. This can get a little frustrating.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
little career growth
Very unprofessional work place.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAMay 18, 2017
Agilent was a fun place to work. Very busy office, which made the day go by quick. I grew very quick being at Agilent. I loved the responsibilities i had and assisting with my team mates.
Co Workers are great and fun to be around
Technical Marketing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 10, 2017
Much of your work environment is your team; co workers and immediate manager. I was lucky and to have a great team. There were plenty of opportunities.
Pros
My team
Cons
High tech layoffs are common
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2017
Great work environment, with a work hard play hard atmosphere. Team environment with a family oriented team. I would still be there if the economy didnt crash in 2008
Pros
Fun place, and great compentation
Cons
Downsized
Best Place I've ever worked...like family
Customer Care Technician- shipp/rec. (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 22, 2017
As long as your are an effective hard worker, you have nothing to worry about. People are nice and easy to get along with. Some departments have unlimited overtime available. Other departments do not allow overtime. Everyone basically polices themselves, making sure that they're on top of their duties. Managers step in to tell you of their expectations and upcoming projects or new procedures. Team work is crucial for most departments. I've had the great opportunity to work with mostly every department on the first floor, at Little Falls. I started off in Receiving, then moved to Stores and helped in Shipping, then I moved to Field Repair, and ended in the Refurb department. Although I was only a contract worker they made me feel a part of the family.
Pros
overtime, flexibility, friendly people
Cons
was a contract worker for over 10 years....
loved the people I worked with
Tactical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 10, 2017
I had just started this position when they decided that the site was going to be closed and the manufacturing was going away. I was disappointed because I really enjoyed the group I was working with and the work I was doing.
Pros
great people, never boring
Cons
plant closed
Interesting Work Environment - Always Challenging
Global Marketing Program Manager (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMarch 2, 2017
Liked this biotechnology work experience. Worked with a lot of very smart people and enjoyed learning from them. Every day presented new challenges, and I was usually engaged.
Pros
Nice work campus, good cafeteria, fun work environment
Cons
Challenging, cut backs made it tough.
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 28, 2017
Liked the challenges and the people. Technically, the job was top notch, but the overall environment was rough due to continuous cut backs over the years. Management was always trying to do more with less and the compensation/benefits moved toward the middle of the industry versus the top that it had been. This was especially tough as Agilent spun off of HP and the company began its focus on the medical analysis / equipment business.
Pros
Learned a lot about network protocol analysis using C++, RMON agents, Java and other techs.
Cons
Scheduling was aggressive, always over committed for the staffing levels, no management accountability, marketing always chased the deal/customer of the day.
the enjoyable part of the job
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  TaiwanFebruary 26, 2017
The enjoyable part of the job is to travel around asian countries to work with different peoples under different cultures..
Great for scientists, not great for business people
Services Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Agilent likes you if you have a bio, chemistry or some other kind of science background. They also like secondary (masters or higher) degrees. If you are a PhD, you will be fine. If you are not, better plan your networking strategy and get some recommendations to go back to school!

I found a lot of bias against those who have (only) a business degree.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
short sighted management
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 1, 2017
Great place for work
Excellent management style
latest technology
free college classes
team building, open door management
Pros
Free Breakfast on Fridays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agilent. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2