Agilent

Agilent Employer Reviews

Company in transition
Engineering and Project Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 16, 2014
Agilent has changed from focusing on hardware solutions to providing general solutions for the life sciences market. This has led to some restructuring and change. The management culture values honesty and integrity and people are very fair and professional.
Good place if you're an engineer
Business Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: flexibility, compensation, results oriented culture.
Cons: lack of clear job growth, not a lot of room for non-engineers
Great place to work if you are an engineer and not overly social. Some very intelligent people work here, and it's a great place to learn about tech and complex business processes.
work experience
Software Engineer (Current Employee), santa claraNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good location with easy access to freeway main street
Cons: lack of benefit or compensation
You get to evaluate new technology and manage the source code, design and create the tool, collaborate with cross functional team. Co-workers are friendly and nice, hard working team. I have opportunity to learn new technology and new programming languages, especially how to communicate with different level of people.
Overall good job
Laborer (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: great hours, management and co-workers
Cons: short lunch break
My typical day at work was good, I did clean room cycle counts, drove the forklift, did flow tests, worked on automated filling stations. The Management was great along with my co-workers. I did not find any part of the job to be the hardest and the most enjoyable part of this job was my co-workers.
no actvities or use of facilities allow for temporary work
Machines Operator (Former Employee), Santa Rosa,CAOctober 30, 2014
A typical day at work are always relax and work at your own pace.
As a temp worker I leaned that I should only come in and prepared to work get things done and go home. Managements are very nice, they leave their people a lot of space to do their jobs, typical day you hardly see them around. Co-workers are nice depending on the days.
The hardest part – more... of the job is knowing that I never going to become permanent at this company.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the works and instructions are very clear and well written. I worked alone and very big space. – less
I Like working there but i'm a contractor
Contractor Design Engineer (Current Employee), santa clara CAOctober 26, 2014
I like my job there however it is really hard for a contractor to become full time at agilent.
Great place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee), Newport DEOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great experience.
Manufacturing & Assembly of Gas Chromatograph test computers (main board & pcb board & sub assembly). Work in electro static free clean rooms to test and repair units as well as shipping & receiving. Also, trained new employees.
Long term contract
Sr. Quality Process Engineer (Former Employee), Loveland, CoOctober 16, 2014
Contract was completed successfully. Client was satisfied with requirements having been met
I worked for HP for Many Years in numerous positions
Global Business Manager- Project Management Office (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: technology, customers, employees i worked with, management
Cons: commercial airlines
It was an extraordinary experience. I worked with the greatest people, technology, and had a world wide exposure few people ever get.
Slow paced, no room for advancement
First Point of Contact Agent (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 12, 2014
The pay is not good, it is very slow paced, mamagement is not that well. Benefits are the absolute worst.
unable to review well, contractor for a short period of time
Manufacturing Control Coordinator (Former Employee), sacramento, caJuly 28, 2014
I was a temp to hire.It always felt like there was only a small chance of being hired after your contract.
Great company all-around
Executive Assistant/Event Planner (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, working with great people.
This was hands-down one of my favorite positions. I gained much knowledge and was able to expand my current job role by taking on more responsibilities.

I enjoyed the people, culture and management was exceptional and had the opportunity to work within three different organizations while employed.

The most enjoyable parts of the job were working with – more... the amazingly brilliant and fun people. – less
Will suck the life out of you
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 1, 2014
This company will set the bar very high, and will only reward you with more work. Decent rewards and base pay early in career, but leveled off quickly at the mid range of experience.

Be prepared to lobby politically to get anywhere in the company. Management was very misleading about opportunities for advancement.
Great work life balance
Applications Management Associate (SAP) (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 13, 2014
Great work life balance...lots of nice people...good benefits...
Average Place to Work
Financial & Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 21, 2014
Company was broken into several small companies which created more volatility.
Great company legacy
Global eMarketing Strategic Program Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 9, 2014
This is a proud company with deep engineering and innovation roots. They expect long hours and fast results with limited budget. Willing to invest in systems and quality process development. This is a good place to work with folks working hard to deliver great products.
shipping lead (Current Employee), lake forest ca.April 21, 2014
Pros: bonuses real good
Cons: very expensive health plans
Being on schedule, great team management ,co-workers we got along pretty good, I don't think I ever had a hard job to do because I always enjoy it so much and I what I enjoy most it is work with people.
Great companys to work for
Manufacturing Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 16, 2014
Pros: great pay and good benefits and nice people to work with
Really great company to work for: component procress down sized in 2007.
varin/agilent went over seas 2013 of last year...
Fantastic people and supportive of innovation.
Manager, Online Technical Support (Current Employee), Englewood, COApril 5, 2014
As a manager of team of RF/microwave engineers in a non-typical contact center, the daily challenge keeps me coming to work each day.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: wonderful atmosphere, great staff
Cons: n/a
I grew to love Agilent Technologies and the people that worked there in my short time as a contracted worker.

I'd have to drive an hour to work and back, and my car couldn't take it sometimes. The management was very understanding of my situation and would have my shift covered with no problem. Everyone there was a pleasure to work with and I have – more... zero complaints.

The hardest part about Agilent Technologies was leaving the job when my contract was up. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Agilent

Products from Agilent Technologies have a measurable effect on the┬áscientific world. A leading┬ámaker of scientific testing equipment, – Read more

Agilent Photos