Agilex Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaNovember 15, 2015
Good place to work. Good people too! The support is there to succeed if you are motivated and looking to contribute to the teams success.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Growth
A Toxic Management Environment in J&H Sector
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 30, 2014
I worked on my Sector's largest contract and was the 5th Scrum Master to leave within a year. Working on the client side was good and I enjoyed working with the client organization.

It's the corporate-side practices that are questionable. The Deputy PM once stated in front of the PM and other people that she doesn't see the value of an independent Scrum Master role and that it she viewed it as an additional duty to be assigned to one of the core team. The PM never disputed here statement.

I never felt valued and was never recognized for my accomplishments even when the recognition came from the customer. So after almost 3 years on the contract, I finally decided that things would never get better and left the company.

Sector Management may talk about their dedication to personnel retention but how did they miss this problem? The Scrum Team was never larger than 6 people and yet 5 people leave in within a single year.

Sector Management is either clueless or personnel retention is just lip service or middle management has done an excellent job of covering it up.
Pros
decent work-laptops provided to all employees.
Cons
little or no opportunity for advancement for scrum masters
Used to be employee owned but now they are all about profit and are not taking care of the employees.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 9, 2015
My day starts with a Scrum. We briefly talk through issues and start the day. My developers work in a SCIF and I touch base with them a couple of times a day to see if they have any roadblocks or need my help. I work on burndown charts and other Agile paperwork until the day is out. We gather requirements as needed from the stakeholders and incorporate them into the backlog.
A Rapidly Growing Company - Significant Growing Pains
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 13, 2013
Ultimately this company needs to decide what they truly want to be.

If you want to be known for technical expertise, investment in employees is critical. Training, development and real career paths are needed. Right now the company seems to be on a path to being being known as just another body shop. This wasnt the approach that made them successful but what they seem to be drifting towards, if that is what you want then just admit it, embrace it and stop trying to pretend otherwise.
Pros
lots of free lunches, nice facility.
Cons
pto is low and out of step with market.
Was a great place to work
Sr. Automated Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VaApril 28, 2015
Until they got bought out, then the entire culture changed. They used to be concerned about their employees but no longer
Awesome Management and Vision great place to work
Senior Contract Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 25, 2014
This has to be hands down the best place I have ever worked. Everyone in the HCARE division has been a pleasure to work with.
A Typical day at work
Contact Center Engagement SME (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 12, 2012
Most be very flexible because Agilex is a Consultant company. Profit driven and you must record billable hours daily.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
about profit & opportunities misleading
Great company to work for
Lead SharePoint Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXDecember 23, 2013
I work offsite, but everything dealing with Agilex has been great

2.7