Agility Health Employee Reviews in United States

Career Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 22, 2016
• Built and maintained relationships with Vocational and Junior College schools that graduate CNA/HHA/LVN/RN
• Created Media blasts (social media, fliers, emails, text)
• Responsible for hiring an average of 8-10 Medical Professionals per month in order to meet the needs of clients.
• Responsible for new employee orientation; including the completion of all initial hiring and orientation documents.
• Oversees and develops retention plans/programs to retain 40+ Agility Health per diem and staff employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
challeging
Dishonest
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIMarch 21, 2016
Great coworkers/ great patients. Poor everything else. I am writing this review late as I have not been employed with Agility for some time but in my new position I have realized how truly negative my previous experience was. I witnessed full time employees being instructed to punch out if they were not hitting their productivity rates, however they were instructed not to go far in the case that an order came up (luckily this was never the case for me). This seems wrong to me for many reasons, including not hitting full time status even though that's what they were hired in as, I question how this effects health benefits as well for a full time employee. They do have a very high productivity rate which seems to becoming more of the norm, and of course causes stressed employees, high turnover, and non-ethical practices such as completing paperwork off the clock and/or getting to work early, not punching in to complete paperwork. I have heard positive aspects about other locations within Agility Health, I read another review about the Hillsdale location portraying a similar negative experience. The interview painted a very different picture than what i saw firsthand with the start of my employment there (is honesty not the best policy?), perhaps this particular location is just a bad seed within Agility and needs to be revamped to better suit its employees.
Pros
Patients, Coworkers
Cons
dishonesty
Office Manager
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 30, 2015
Schedule patients, cash flow, verify insurance, create patient care plans, copays, run all statistical reports daily and weekly, new patient intakes, billing, coding.
Disgruntled existing PT, site DOR on edge, indifferent to underlying chronic cultural norms, lack of site and regional support, integrity, honesty.
Team Leader, Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIOctober 6, 2015
I was so excited about the opportunity to update homecare therapy operations for rural community hospital in desperate need of PT competent in OASIS and to provide staff training and development, leaving a major medical center home health position due to lack of opportunity for career advancement.

I had caseload of ~40 patient with PTA assistance. Department staffed with a clerk, contingent SLP and OT, and a PTA. Exiting Travel PT was desperate to leave at the end of my first week, unable to orientate due to caseload, or simply stated I don't know. My therapy "team" consisted of therapists who withstood recent management take-over by Agility and were employees of the hospital for many years. The clerk was unaware of HIPAA guidelines over phone or with staff, referrals with demographics excluded, "because everyone knows that doctor, patient; we're small town folks".

I signed a contract with Agility to work 40 hrs/week and weekends on rotational basis. Week 1, I was informed I was to "correct/update" a pile of PT records as nonbillable per CMS guidelines. Weeks 1-3, I created therapy intake doc, scheduling, documentation standards of practice, visit and insurance auth logs, provided staff training and supervision in same. I reported on programming, documentation, productivity and CMS compliance progress, staff limitations/strengths, and, development of mobile IT/EMR in collaboration with their IT dept to the Director of Home Health and Agility's DOR. At the end of week 3, I was informed hospital orthopedists were promised weekend PT coverage as all joint replacements were
  more... discharged on Fridays, and, because I was salaried, this was my responsibility for at least the next 6 months. I informed Agility I could not work 6 days a week.

At the end of week 4, I was terminated by the regional manager. Reasons given: that the PTA came to them crying about my direct approach & changes I was forcing on her, and, I did not fit into the hospital culture. Agility's site DOR sat mute, looking down avoiding eye contact with me. I realized I had been used and exploited professionally. This was my first experience with a contract agency.

I question Agility's mission in the healthcare marketplace. I suggest clearly defining your role and job expectations, and, to hold Agility to your signed contract. If others have similar experience with Agility, I would suggest that the BBB is informed.
Pros
salary
Cons
Exploitation of licensed professionals, disregard of hiring contract
Cota
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 8, 2015
Provided direct pt care in LTC and Rehab settings
Supportive management
Wonderful team of co-workers
Loved to see pt get better and go home
Great work Experience
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Swansboro NCApril 29, 2015
Overall I loved my job. When management changed the company started to change and I didn't agree with certain aspects that were changing.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
compensation
This is real
SLP - CCC (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at my skilled nursing facility consists of first approving the pay-roll, checking for admissions and discharges, and then arranging the schedule for my 10 full-time therapists. I attend the Morning Meeting with all the department heads, where we discuss issues and problem-solve together. I then treat residents who are primarily diagnosed as having dysphagia and cognitive deficits.

I answer emails, assign therapists to attend care conferences, admission meetings, and to screen residents for unusual occurrences (mainly falls).

I speak with family members, meet with social services for discharge planning matters, maintain the employee documents file, including their TB tests, licenses, and continuing education. I interview prospective new hires, and continually assure that all therapy documentation is up to date and accurate.

I enjoy the variety of my job and the ability to put my two master's degrees into practice. Every day brings new challenges and unique rewards. My therapists work hard to provide the best care possible within a team setting, where everyone is valued, each with their own strengths and attributes.
Edit review
Enoyed the work environment
Clinic Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 30, 2015
I was hired in in 2004 as Medical Records Technician. I scanned charts for patients that were done with their rehab. When I started, I was told that scanning charts was only 150 per week. I proved them wrong I was able to scanned 230-250 per week with no errors. I worked in an office by myself and really enjoyed it.

I also sent out medical records request to Social Security Disability, Lawyers, physician offices and also patient request. I enjoyed this position for 4 years.

Then in 2008 they decided to have each rehab facility do their own scanning and to move me to a Clinic Business Coordinator position at a new facility they set up. I enjoyed being in charge of my own office, set up and handling all responsibility. I did this for 2 years unfortunately due to the economy in 2010 they started to close facilities and mine was closed. I was moved to a different facility but then they closed that one. I was then put on call, but couldn't make a living.

I enjoyed the patients and the type of job of running an office. I am organized, detailed and making sure it runs right.
I also worked claims for our patients, sent out bills, worked the clearing house which at the time was e-premise.

My supervisor at the time was awesome and she and I worked wonderful together. Unfortunately she got sick and had to leave her position. I also loved working with my Occupational therapist. He and I worked well together, he knew he could count on me to do what needed to be done.

I really don't have any cons except there many changes in staff at the management level and I never knew who my supervisor
  more... was.  less
Pros
handling a office management position and loving it.
Cons
management issues
good company to work
Rehabilitation Director (Former Employee) –  Grand rapids MichiganJanuary 13, 2015
Good company to work for. Good management team. Contract with different SNF. Staff are great to work with. Friendly staff and good contracts with SNF. multiple choice to choose where you want to work.
Good company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 9, 2014
Good company, good people but the CEO is a jerk ball. He is socially awkward and quirky
Pros
small family-like environment in corporate office
Cons
the ceo is socially awkward
Good Job
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIMay 26, 2014
I would verify insurance on a daily basis as well as entering patient demographics. Call to reschedule or call do remind patient of their appointments. Chart preparation everyday as well as looking through the discharged patients to see if they have been scanned in and completely discharged. \Work on sending out CMS 1500 forms to insurances.
Pros
great company, great atmposhpere
Cons
only work as needed two days a week
4 clinics in the northshore area
Clinic Director (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 14, 2014
Head quartered in Michigan, they recently purchased MPTA and are making expected changes.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
flexibility required to move to any of the clinics if needed
fun place to work
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  BurtonsvilleJanuary 4, 2014
challenging. I learned integrity and dedication from the management. my co-worker is friendly.