Agility Health Employee Reviews

Excellent staff and director
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 22, 2018
Great director, team players, and patients. Human Resources good at getting back to you. Not so great with giving raises. Benefits okay. Relaxed setting.
Agility as a whole is a great company
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheboygan, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Agility Health is a great company. They were wonderful helping me get Short Term Disability after major foot surgery. I would recommend this company just not the office that I was in. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on there. I felt harassed and targeted even though there was issues with other employees.
Cons
I never got the 15 minute paid breaks that was in the handbook.
good place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Lake, MIDecember 2, 2017
it was a nice place to work with nice people. i didn't work there long because of a contract negotiations that we out of my control. they had competitive pay and good benefits.
Agility is vey reliable.
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 22, 2017
I love my job. I'm proud to be a dedicated health care worker. My patien trust me. I come to work every day. Always on time. I fed my patient. And I gave her a bath every morning . I massage her, wash her hair twice a week , cook for her and we watch tv, play car , wash her clothes clean her room and bath . Change linen . Take blood pressure . Watch for physical change and so on..
good working environment
Outpatient Services-PRN (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 12, 2017
Agility was a PRN job for me and served well as a supplemental position. However, slightly more pay should be provided to PRN staff. Overall, great place to work with knowledgeable staff.
Pros
great staff
Cons
PRN pay
Skilled Nursing division is a mess.
Employee (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 1, 2017
Poor VP Operations in the Skilled Nursing division. The leader does not have personal skills and little knowledge of day-to-day operations. Employees would go 3 years without raises.
Pros
Very few.
Cons
Very difficult to get continued education money from organization.
A great company!
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 8, 2017
Agility Health is a fantastic company with great leadership! The workplace culture was one of teamwork, good ethics and care and compassion for the staff.
Don't work here
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 25, 2017
Horrible ethics, horrible management, no integrity. They only care about the Bottom line and not employees. HR allowed employees to be harassed, you will be sorry if you work for this company.
Great staff and continued education. Wage freeze for years.
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern MichiganMarch 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company for 5 years. They had a wonderful continued education reimbursement package even before Michigan made CEU's mandatory. There was a wage freeze when I started and over the course of 5 years I only received one 0.40 raise. They do not match your 401k either. The management was very friendly however absent much of the time. Family came first so they were very understanding when family things came up. I would work for them again if the company would give annual raises and match your 401k 5%.
Pros
Family friendly, great staff
Cons
wage freeze and no 401K match
Fun
PTA (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Been too long to have much of an opinion on this location. From what I recall it was very relaxed and fun atmosphere. Co-workers were great
Fun workplace
Revenue Cyclist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 12, 2016
Great environment, great people to work with. Very knowledgeable staff. Great benefits. Good chance first advancement. Close staff. Yearly Christmas parties gives everyone an opportunity to get to know one another. Work closely with Therapists and each sites
Pros
Family comes first
Cons
Don't get to meet sister sites outside of Michigan
Productivity is 89%, very helpful co-workers
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hillsdale County, MINovember 9, 2016
Agility is a pleasant company to work for. Everyone is always willing to assist you when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job is the patients, 9/10 patients are more than willing to corporate.
Wonderful, fun staff!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 24, 2016
I enjoyed working for Agility Health. I was impressed by the friendliness of all co-workers including management. I was equally impressed by the involvement by the founders of the company.
They demonstrated ethical and appropriate treatments of patients. They provided great compensation.
Office Work
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of filing and printing papers for therapists,made copies and ran errands for therapists. Made labels for folders and such.
Career Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 22, 2016
• Built and maintained relationships with Vocational and Junior College schools that graduate CNA/HHA/LVN/RN
• Created Media blasts (social media, fliers, emails, text)
• Responsible for hiring an average of 8-10 Medical Professionals per month in order to meet the needs of clients.
• Responsible for new employee orientation; including the completion of all initial hiring and orientation documents.
• Oversees and develops retention plans/programs to retain 40+ Agility Health per diem and staff employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
challeging
Dishonest
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIMarch 21, 2016
Great coworkers/ great patients. Poor everything else. I am writing this review late as I have not been employed with Agility for some time but in my new position I have realized how truly negative my previous experience was. I witnessed full time employees being instructed to punch out if they were not hitting their productivity rates, however they were instructed not to go far in the case that an order came up (luckily this was never the case for me). This seems wrong to me for many reasons, including not hitting full time status even though that's what they were hired in as, I question how this effects health benefits as well for a full time employee. They do have a very high productivity rate which seems to becoming more of the norm, and of course causes stressed employees, high turnover, and non-ethical practices such as completing paperwork off the clock and/or getting to work early, not punching in to complete paperwork. I have heard positive aspects about other locations within Agility Health, I read another review about the Hillsdale location portraying a similar negative experience. The interview painted a very different picture than what i saw firsthand with the start of my employment there (is honesty not the best policy?), perhaps this particular location is just a bad seed within Agility and needs to be revamped to better suit its employees.
Pros
Patients, Coworkers
Cons
dishonesty

Comment – June 16, 2016

We are happy that you have heard positive feedback about other Agility Health locations.

Agility Health, like most organizations, recognizes the need for efficiency and productivity. However, we do not condone any of our employees working “off the clock”. It is the employee’s responsibility to appropriately record their hours at all Agility Health locations, including Hillsdale, MI.

Agility Health prides itself on maintaining our integrity and reputation in the rehabilitation space.

Learned a lot about the medical field and managing people
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 26, 2016
This was a fun job and I learned a lot about medical billing, credentialing, and budgets. Although the atmosphere was a little tense at times among other employees, I was able to get along with everyone.
Pros
Exercise at lunch!
Office Manager
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 30, 2015
Schedule patients, cash flow, verify insurance, create patient care plans, copays, run all statistical reports daily and weekly, new patient intakes, billing, coding.
Disgruntled existing PT, site DOR on edge, indifferent to underlying chronic cultural norms, lack of site and regional support, integrity, honesty.
Team Leader, Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIOctober 6, 2015
I was so excited about the opportunity to update homecare therapy operations for rural community hospital in desperate need of PT competent in OASIS and to provide staff training and development, leaving a major medical center home health position due to lack of opportunity for career advancement.

I had caseload of ~40 patient with PTA assistance. Department staffed with a clerk, contingent SLP and OT, and a PTA. Exiting Travel PT was desperate to leave at the end of my first week, unable to orientate due to caseload, or simply stated I don't know. My therapy "team" consisted of therapists who withstood recent management take-over by Agility and were employees of the hospital for many years. The clerk was unaware of HIPAA guidelines over phone or with staff, referrals with demographics excluded, "because everyone knows that doctor, patient; we're small town folks".

I signed a contract with Agility to work 40 hrs/week and weekends on rotational basis. Week 1, I was informed I was to "correct/update" a pile of PT records as nonbillable per CMS guidelines. Weeks 1-3, I created therapy intake doc, scheduling, documentation standards of practice, visit and insurance auth logs, provided staff training and supervision in same. I reported on programming, documentation, productivity and CMS compliance progress, staff limitations/strengths, and, development of mobile IT/EMR in collaboration with their IT dept to the Director of Home Health and Agility's DOR. At the end of week 3, I was informed hospital orthopedists were promised weekend PT coverage as all joint replacements were
  more... discharged on Fridays, and, because I was salaried, this was my responsibility for at least the next 6 months. I informed Agility I could not work 6 days a week.

At the end of week 4, I was terminated by the regional manager. Reasons given: that the PTA came to them crying about my direct approach & changes I was forcing on her, and, I did not fit into the hospital culture. Agility's site DOR sat mute, looking down avoiding eye contact with me. I realized I had been used and exploited professionally. This was my first experience with a contract agency.

I question Agility's mission in the healthcare marketplace. I suggest clearly defining your role and job expectations, and, to hold Agility to your signed contract. If others have similar experience with Agility, I would suggest that the BBB is informed.
Pros
salary
Cons
Exploitation of licensed professionals, disregard of hiring contract

Comment – June 16, 2016

Agility Health provides adequate orientation for new hires, specifically a two-day orientation at our Hillsdale location which is required prior to treating patients.

In a majority of our hospital and skilled nursing facilities, treating patients six to seven days a week is common practice. A five-day work schedule with a weekend and Holiday rotation among all staff members has worked well in providing the best possible therapy program for our patients. In general, our preference is for employees to work no more than 40 hours per week. However, there are times when staff availability and patient census requires us to ask for additional hours from our employees.

We're sorry to hear your experience was anything short of exceptional. At Agility Health, we strive to maintain a positive and professional growth experience for all our employees, no matter the circumstances leading up to the end of their employment.

Cota
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 8, 2015
Provided direct pt care in LTC and Rehab settings
Supportive management
Wonderful team of co-workers
Loved to see pt get better and go home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agility Health. Our community is ready to answer.