Agility Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for.
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 29, 2016
Great Company to work for, always new thing to learn which is always good, learned how a logistics company runs and how to keep it running.
Fun place to work at
Import Manager (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Always busy which make my day go faster. It is a fast paste production. Decent generation computer operation system, it could be better for the size of the company.
Pros
1 hr lunch hour
Cons
N/A
Lots of Work to do and okay compensation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAFebruary 8, 2016
The work here can get suddenly very crazy sometimes. External factors such as port unions, U.S. Customs holds, and inclement weather will absolutely ruin your day when your customers come calling, asking where their shipment is at.

Otherwise, when it is smooth and the office has a reasonable amount of employees, the work isn't bad. My operating manager was very supportive and taught me a lot here. Lots of stuff to learn here regarding international rules.
Pros
Everyone's willing to teach, very helpful employees/management
Cons
Logistics is always running, sudden surges of work and slowdowns
Very demanding
Air Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Current Management strategy needs revision. Department work load assignment needs consideration.
Serious operational issue.
Pros
Challenging day to day situation
Cons
Some employees work very long hours while others don't. Backlogs
decent freight forwarder
Key Account Manager- Strategic Accounts Department (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLNovember 17, 2015
good experience but poor pay, very cut throat, high turnover. dont plan on staying long. large disconnect between upper management and the middle office
ok place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILNovember 12, 2015
ship and receive trucks prepare and label freight for airport
built ocean containers and air palllets for airport
get to do list from boss
pass it on to co workers
Stress workplace and control
Sea Freight Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TH1September 28, 2015
My boss was quite stressfull person. She always serious with the work and also no relax conversation with employees. I felt every upset here.
The company is in a constant state of transition
Current Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 21, 2015
The company is in a constant state of transition adapting to changes in policy and culture is a requirement for employment.
Good Company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 16, 2015
Good company to work for.
Good Co-workers.
Must maintian a good attitudes if you want to be successful here.
Needs more diversity
Good company but needs some shareholders from the government
Public Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Bahrain - Hidd industrial cityJuly 26, 2015
its a good company to work with but because of the political unrest in Bahrain, the company was suffering because its owned by people from the opposition.
Pros
Diversity, friendly
Cons
the pay was not up to standard of living in Bahrain
Enjoyable and Laid back Enviornment
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2015
 Managing multiple accounts and reports via Microsoft Excel creating useful functions such as V-Lookup and Pivot Tables
 Generate and bill over 100 Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) invoices weekly using AS400 (Control) Software
 Follow up with billing parties to resolve billing inquiries, disputes and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts
 Ensure that accounting transactions are properly recorded, posted, processed, and reported
 Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures and internal controls within Accounting
 Train, supervise, and review the work of colleagues to meet the goals and needs of the department; establishing a collaborative team environment
 Audit out of balance transactions and charges received from foreign internal counterparts
 Prevailing through translation barriers by interacting with multiple customers and internal team members located in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, and South America regarding compliance of associated policies per client’s agreed SOP
 Maintain good contractual relationships by serving as a liaison between internal and external clients such as General Electric Company, in the resolution of problems and any account inquiries
 Perform any special accounting projects and provide additional assistance in other departments as needed, such as Creating airway bills for global shipments to attain approval through Domestic & Foreign Air Terminal’s Government Customs department; legalizing documents
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No opportunity for growth
Productive and positive workplace
Account Assistan (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
Very good group of people to work with, employees are helpful and willing to help you succeed. I learned a lot while I was here but felt compensation could have been better.
Freight Resolutions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2014
I did multiple jobs for example I was a freight resolution clerk where I checked the product for damages, vendor errors. I also was an appointment clerk.
Awesome employer
Temporary office clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2014
This was a temporary job, assisting other employees with their filing etc.
Pros
very nice work environment
Cons
only a temp job
a good place to work, was in receiving dept.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
I loved the way you pitched in and got the job done with other people.
Pros
warehouse dept
Cons
to far to go
Ok for a job, bad for a career (long term)
Key Account Management (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 17, 2014
Great operational and middle management personnel. Most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork. As expressed by others, problem is upper management. Very poor decisions illustrate how out of touch they are with desk level operations. Once in middle management, it was clear that support would not be offered up the chain. Good place to work for those content with a desk level job (assuming good local economy) but a bad place to work if goal is to advance your career in Freight Forwarding. The trend of good people leaving over the last 18 months points to the above. At least this is the case with the LAX branch.
Pros
employees, teamwork, large company
Cons
upper management, company stability, growth potential
Healthy work environment
Account Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2014
I get there at 8:00am go thru my emails, respond to the high priority ones first. I then start seeing what shipments I have coming up and what documentation I am going to require for them. After that I work on the file that has the highest priority due to its document cut off or amount of work that it will require to get everything in order. For example for a new shipment I receive the weights and dimensions from the packing coordinator and all the MR's for that shipment, i then make a booking with a carrier, I then go thru the MR's and make sure I have the USPPI information like the Schedule B number/ HTS number, the ECCN, Country of Origin of material, a contact name and phone number, the USPPI's EIN number and the correct address. Once I have gathered all of this info, I run a Schedule B number report to see which Schedule B numbers exceeded $2,500.00 and require to be filed on AES Direct. At the same time I am also making a job on our system for that particular shipment. After i have filled all of the AES's I then start working on my Master BL, I then submit that to the carrier before the Documentation cut off, I also verify that the material makes it to the delivery point before the material cut off. The carrier then send me a proof of the BL for me to revise. After revising it I give them the ok to release the Documents to us. I then began working on the Country of Origins doc's, the Commercial Invoice / Packing List, gather Haz Docs and container docs when applicable. Once I receive the Original BL's I began working on the Pre-Alert/Transmittal Docs to send out to our  more... customer. After that I invoice the work that was done and send out the invoices to our financial office for collections of funds for the work that was done. At the same time I am working on multiple jobs, dealing with suppliers and vendors, and our customers. Ive learned all that I have mentioned in less then a year. Both managers and co workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job for me is the commute to and from work. Most enjoyable part of my job is working inside and people generally being nice and caring.  less
Pros
good benefits, healthy work environment
Cons
far from where i live
Company in troubled times
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 9, 2014
There was a lot of downsizing going on. Hard to figure out direction of leadership.
poor management and training
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 2, 2014
Poor management and training. I you are a team player this is not the place to work.
Pros
overtime
Cons
poor management
Very good ethics in business.
Air Export Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 16, 2014
Had a great time working for the years I had with this company. Every day all employees came in with a good attitude. There were times the days became long days. My most important part of the day was to contact our customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agility Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.