Agility Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of Work to do and okay compensation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAFebruary 8, 2016
The work here can get suddenly very crazy sometimes. External factors such as port unions, U.S. Customs holds, and inclement weather will absolutely ruin your day when your customers come calling, asking where their shipment is at.

Otherwise, when it is smooth and the office has a reasonable amount of employees, the work isn't bad. My operating manager was very supportive and taught me a lot here. Lots of stuff to learn here regarding international rules.
Pros
Everyone's willing to teach, very helpful employees/management
Cons
Logistics is always running, sudden surges of work and slowdowns
Very demanding
Air Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Current Management strategy needs revision. Department work load assignment needs consideration.
Serious operational issue.
Pros
Challenging day to day situation
Cons
Some employees work very long hours while others don't. Backlogs
Great company to work for.
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 29, 2016
Great Company to work for, always new thing to learn which is always good, learned how a logistics company runs and how to keep it running.
Fun place to work at
Import Manager (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Always busy which make my day go faster. It is a fast paste production. Decent generation computer operation system, it could be better for the size of the company.
Pros
1 hr lunch hour
Cons
N/A
decent freight forwarder
Key Account Manager- Strategic Accounts Department (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLNovember 17, 2015
good experience but poor pay, very cut throat, high turnover. dont plan on staying long. large disconnect between upper management and the middle office
ok place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILNovember 12, 2015
ship and receive trucks prepare and label freight for airport
built ocean containers and air palllets for airport
get to do list from boss
pass it on to co workers
Good company but needs some shareholders from the government
Public Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Bahrain - Hidd industrial cityJuly 26, 2015
its a good company to work with but because of the political unrest in Bahrain, the company was suffering because its owned by people from the opposition.
Pros
Diversity, friendly
Cons
the pay was not up to standard of living in Bahrain
Stress workplace and control
Sea Freight Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TH1September 28, 2015
My boss was quite stressfull person. She always serious with the work and also no relax conversation with employees. I felt every upset here.
The company is in a constant state of transition
Current Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 21, 2015
The company is in a constant state of transition adapting to changes in policy and culture is a requirement for employment.
Good Company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 16, 2015
Good company to work for.
Good Co-workers.
Must maintian a good attitudes if you want to be successful here.
Needs more diversity
Ok for a job, bad for a career (long term)
Key Account Management (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 17, 2014
Great operational and middle management personnel. Most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork. As expressed by others, problem is upper management. Very poor decisions illustrate how out of touch they are with desk level operations. Once in middle management, it was clear that support would not be offered up the chain. Good place to work for those content with a desk level job (assuming good local economy) but a bad place to work if goal is to advance your career in Freight Forwarding. The trend of good people leaving over the last 18 months points to the above. At least this is the case with the LAX branch.
Pros
employees, teamwork, large company
Cons
upper management, company stability, growth potential
Fun to work with a lot of give aways to take home
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 22, 2014
My everyday is like being in a wonderland as I get to work with a lot of different kind of people. I have learned that being with different kind of people is quite challenging specially that I deal with diversified communities. The manager is always out of town because of the nature of the business. My co-workers are fun and supportive in any issues in the office . The most difficult part of the work is having a lot of orders that needs to be done by the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is on Christmas being able to give and receive gifts.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
expensive medical, dental and vision insurance
Productive, organized and demanding
Packing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2013
I love my job and all the multi-tasking, demand and customer service that comes along with it. I enjoy every part of working in logistics even the every day time crunches and customer demand that comes along with it. I am a problem solver with excellent communication skills and multi-tasking skills and these are the reasons that logistics is a perfect suit for me.
Pros
awesome management and staff
Cons
no raises or bonuses due to economy
A place to gain experience
Operation Manager and Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Karachi. Lahore, Multan, IslamabadJune 23, 2013
The place to learn many of the things especilly in operational works, and while working and looking after the Road operation through out the country very intersteing, and then hiring and firing of of new operational staff, trainning and espcial assignments like theft and lost cases, it was very use full for me and it really helped me to grow more in my experience. all collegue were really nice and always ready to teach or learn.only worst things was in operation, we worked extra hours some times days but never get paid for extra hours or extra days.
Pros
just work and work
Cons
family health insurence
great company to work for with a great staff and managers
AIR EXPORT AGENT (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILApril 6, 2012
Processed an average of 12 to 15 HAWB's a day during the week and processed about 30 to 40 HAWB's on saturday. Learned more about checking DG shipments when they come into the warehouse. The management at Agility is great. They have two managers at Agility in theair export group. One as the operations manager and the other as customer service manager and their both great. The co-workers were really nice and freindly. they made you feel like your at home. The hardest part of that job was learing their accounting system. it seemed out of date. The best part of the job was the people I worked with. We all worked together to get the jobs done in a timely matter.
The compensation is good, but the place is broke and too political
Director, Carrier Relations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 24, 2012
Despite doing quality work for three years, there is no job security or upward mobility for me. Instead of being promoted when my boss retired, I had to apply for this position with external candidates. I earned that position. No loyalty whatsoever and no soul. They have this Human Resources program that is supposed to be about improving your career, but it is just a tool to break the employees down. Human Resources: just another joke and a waste of time and money.
Great Office Environment
Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2013
I have learned a great deal about exports, both air and ocean. I have been given education opportunities for Haz-Mat training and various other transportation related activities.

I work with client on a daily basis and make relationships with them to give the best quality of customer service.
Pros
free coffee, large lunch room, gym in building, room for advancement if willing to relocate
Cons
small office without much room for advancement within charlotte
Very basic pick pack and ship
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasMay 20, 2013
Agillity logistics is a 3PL logistics group to Kinetic Concepts Inc. We handeld the receiving, picking, and shipping of all disposable products for the central US and Latin America. This was a pack, pick, and ship process. Anywhere from freight LTL to parcel single cases we did it all. Agility worked under the guildlines that Kinetic Concepts created to ensure accuracy and integrity. Over the years however improvement seemed to be lacking. AGILITY does not seem to be activly trying to improve the business appoach. Holding individuals accountable was an issue, it seemed that personal growth was never much of a priority for management.
Pros
consistent work
Cons
lack of personal accountability
A place I don't mind being for 8-10 everyday
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 4, 2012
None stop work but easy because of the team work,each day is differrent so you learn on the go.Management is ok but could be better because there's always room for improvement.Known for 7years so we all work well together.There's nothing about the job that's hard the hard part is knowing you have to come and do it all over again the next day.The comradery is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Management provides emplyee of month award to best emplyee each month.
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Agility Logistics Sulaibiya Kuwait.April 5, 2013
Working in DDKS project was a really wounderful.I learn a lot about warehouse, policies and procedures. the management was really good. I enjoy a lot with my job. co-workers were very good have a good understanding about team work.I din't feel any hardness with DDKS.and most enjoyable part was quiz program annually organized by company.
Cons
30 minuts lunch break.