Agility Logistics

Agility Logistics Employee Reviews

KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM WORKING @ AGILITY LOGISTICS.
Import Agent (Current Employee), Carson, CAJune 9, 2013
VERY RELAXED WORK ENVIRONMENT. HOWEVER, MANAGEMENT IS NOT THE GREATEST. THE PAY AND BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYEES ARE ACCEPTABLE.
Very basic pick pack and ship
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth TexasMay 20, 2013
Pros: consistent work
Cons: lack of personal accountability
Agillity logistics is a 3PL logistics group to Kinetic Concepts Inc. We handeld the receiving, picking, and shipping of all disposable products for the central US and Latin America. This was a pack, pick, and ship process. Anywhere from freight LTL to parcel single cases we did it all. Agility worked under the guildlines that Kinetic Concepts created to ensure accuracy and integrity. Over the years however improvement seemed to be lacking. AGILITY does not seem to be activly trying to improve the business appoach. Holding individuals accountable was an issue, it seemed that personal growth was never much of a priority for management.
Work Place
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 16, 2013
Pros: monthly lunch
Cons: no advancement
Great Place to work
Great Culture
Great environment
No advancement in the job since it is temporary, but would love to work here full time if there was an opening.
Management provides emplyee of month award to best emplyee each month.
Quality Controller (Current Employee), Agility Logistics Sulaibiya Kuwait.April 5, 2013
Cons: 30 minuts lunch break.
Working in DDKS project was a really wounderful.I learn a lot about warehouse, policies and procedures. the management was really good. I enjoy a lot with my job. co-workers were very good have a good understanding about team work.I din't feel any hardness with DDKS.and most enjoyable part was quiz program annually organized by company.
Great Office Environment
Export Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2013
Pros: free coffee, large lunch room, gym in building, room for advancement if willing to relocate
Cons: small office without much room for advancement within charlotte
I have learned a great deal about exports, both air and ocean. I have been given education opportunities for Haz-Mat training and various other transportation related activities.

I work with client on a daily basis and make relationships with them to give the best quality of customer service.
Government Contractor (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: good work/ life balance
Cons: management
If this company expects to grow, management needs to consider it's employees ideas/ experiences.
Cramped Location. Broken promisses
Lead Air Export Agent (Supervisor) (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILDecember 27, 2012
Pros: new forwarder to the international market. (opened worldwide 2007)
Cons: small operational office for the number of people, has a "clique-ish” attitude among workers that interferes with work flow, lots of “pass the buck” work going on, promotions within the company non-existent, you may be trained for a position only to realize you have been demoted to the lowest position
Agility will make a promise on a position you are hired for. Then like clockwork, they will change business model and change the organization on the branch level so you will be reassigned a new position lower than what you were hired for. The reason for this is they like to hire ONLY managers from other forwarders that they can steal away. They promise promotions, and better pay, and then they will shake up the branch operations, so that the new hires, managers from other places, become grunt workers. Within their company on the branch level, they do not like to use the titles MANAGER, SUPERVISOR, or the like. This keeps them from being held to a conventional organizational chart and from getting sued. Jobs descriptions are kept in a grey area and it is known that the night shifts are the ones doing all the work, while those who work during the day are friends who are planning their private lives. If you end up on the night shift, then you are not part of the “clique”, and can be expected to be treated like a less of an employee. In 2007-2008, the parent company (PWC) in Kuwait was under fire from allegations of using “detained” workers from the Philippines in the Kuwait main HQ Hub. To be fair at the time, it seemed unlikely, but in hind sight being 20/20, well, maybe… The office facilities are poorly laid out, so to cater to those who want to sit near each other while isolating other who are not part of the office "clique"
a typical day at work
Export Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), east boston mass 02128December 20, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: dont now whats instore every day
very hectic trying to learn two jobs at once cross training with very little help
The compensation is good, but the place is broke and too political
Director, Carrier Relations (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 24, 2012
Despite doing quality work for three years, there is no job security or upward mobility for me. Instead of being promoted when my boss retired, I had to apply for this position with external candidates. I earned that position. No loyalty whatsoever and no soul. They have this Human Resources program that is supposed to be about improving your career, but it is just a tool to break the employees down. Human Resources: just another joke and a waste of time and money.

June 21, 2013

I couldn't even get hired on permanent at the Houston location, they make it next to impossible. Company is cut throat, too cheap, horrible environment (physically and psychologically), people with nasty attitudes, no loyalty, no soul, as stated above. Human Resources = a joke, again as aforementioned. Non-professional organization and people. Clique-ish and I experienced some harrassment (will spare the details). It's too bad I need a job so badly; however, I feel much better since being "dismissed due to the assignment being ended". I can't think of one good thing to say except I had a job for a short time and it was located 16 miles from my residence, which is a good thing in the Houston area. Very bad experience indeed and won't forget it for a long time, if ever, unfortunately. I wouldn't recommend this horrible company to anyone unless you are a glutton for punishment.

Overall, I will say that I really enjoy work, flexibility, and good peoples.
Processor/Receiver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2012
Pros: many good peoples to work with.
Cons: managment favoritism.
Very fun place to work at, depending on managment of the moment.
Dreary and no working as a team or together to resolve issues
International Logistics specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 21, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Poor management.No rule handed down from head dept in Atlanta were followed by our head managment .Our contract with G.E. was not renued and we were all let go without any warning.Our staff worked hard and worked overtime just to be told we have no more job
missing alot kuwait city DLA project
warehousemen (Former Employee), kuwaitAugust 11, 2012
Pros: free accomodation& transport
true company to work,enjoying infrastructure,missing a lot.....
Exciting environment
Director -Corporate Development /Infrastructure (Former Employee), Kuwait, KuwaitJuly 4, 2012
Pros: multinational company with 450 offices in 120 countries
Cons: us government ban on agility since pv contract law suit in 2007
Great company with job security. the Holding compnay offers transfer opportunities within the company different business units. potential
great company to work for with a great staff and managers
AIR EXPORT AGENT (Current Employee), Bensenville, ILApril 6, 2012
Processed an average of 12 to 15 HAWB's a day during the week and processed about 30 to 40 HAWB's on saturday. Learned more about checking DG shipments when they come into the warehouse. The management at Agility is great. They have two managers at Agility in theair export group. One as the operations manager and the other as customer service manager and their both great. The co-workers were really nice and freindly. they made you feel like your at home. The hardest part of that job was learing their accounting system. it seemed out of date. The best part of the job was the people I worked with. We all worked together to get the jobs done in a timely matter.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Process Associate (Current Employee), MylaporeMarch 21, 2012
Nice experience woking for Agility Logistics. Had oppourtunities to learn new things,
no support for employees
confidental (Former Employee), Houston, Texas officeFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: ask you to do too many working lunched
Cons: pressure you to work on saturdays
Did not come through with bonus, did not praise you for any good jobs you did for company. not enough training on new programs. expected you to learn on weekends at no pay for your training. Always relocating you around the office.

About Agility Logistics

From our roots in emerging markets, Agility brings efficiency to supply chains in some of the world's most challenging environments, – Read more

Agility Logistics Photos