AGILYSYS Employee Reviews

High Pressure, Poor Management
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 31, 2016
High Pressure, Poor Management. Good Work Life Balance, Good educational opportunities and benefits. Management makes poor financial decisions and has no clear route to success in the industry.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Very poor management
Lack of Guidance
Business Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 14, 2016
They held a lot of secrets and never shared knowledge when needed. They did care much about home/work balance. Too much gossip and favorites going on within this company and no matter how hard you work it never seemed to be enough.
Not a fan
Business Operations Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 8, 2016
Unrealistic goals from management. Hostile coworkers, not team work oriented. No feedback on performance, training was not thorough. Made me feel afraid to ask questions.
Upper Management is sub par to say the least.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 9, 2015
Two words...Stay away!! This company has absolutely no clue how to run a successful business. Management consistently tries to give ra ra speeches about how well the company's doing in terms of success, but the truth of the matter is is that this company is consistently losing money. There is little to no training offered/provided to employees regarding the systems used to conduct daily business transactions. The business model is just plain stupid and down-right horrible. The company is way to dependent upon third-party companies to handle key organizational operations. Any kind of issues within the organization is consistently fixed with a "bandaid". Absolutely no job security whatsoever. The turnover rate is like nothing you've seen before. Management consistently blames subordinates for their mistakes, but they do it in a way so that the employee never even knows their being blamed for anything to eliminate the ability of the employee defending themselves. This company is hanging on by a thread. Stay Away!
Pros
Very Little, If any, Maybe the fact that they'll cater in Chick fil A occasionally for breakfast, Co-workers are friendly
Cons
No Investment in Employees, No job security, No accountability on behalf of Management, List goes on and on
Managers are promoted without management experience and the employees suffer from thier lack of knowledge
Team Lead CSR HP Team (Former Employee) –  SolonAugust 27, 2015
Management staff does not have the experience needed to run the business. The employees run the day to day operations but when management is needed for input or direction the employees are left on their own and employees are let go due to miss management on the management level. Employees maintain a professional level at work and with customers, management team does not and tends to base major business decisions on friendships instead of what is best for the business.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Awful management company wide
Teammates were great; Management- not so much...
manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 10, 2015
My boss and my team work well together, but the priorities of management change frequently and product team over-promises to customers and other teams alike. It's obvious to me this company is all about the bottom line numbers and are likely positioning the company to be sold. Layoffs every 6-9 months are the norm. No job security.
Pros
Ability to work from home on occasion
Cons
Lack of commitment from management to employees, Frequent layoffs
Great Place to Work
Sr. Application Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2014
Helping Co-workers and Clients is the best experience with Agilysys.
Great Benefits
Awesome people to work with
Every day is a learning experience
Pros
Salary is Great
Cons
Product is on Sustained Developement
Finally promoted to a Senior position
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCSeptember 6, 2014
I was a Senior Account rep for a large customer. I had five techs working with me. To service 135 store grocery chain Sped across South Carolina and the Southeastern past of Georgia. I provided Technical support for my account and other similar accounts in other areas.
Oracle Master Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
My day normally starts off (at work) where I open Outlook and review the request that came through the MDM mailbox. I make sure that all request are completed before noon time. I will then work on any troubleshooting that needs to be completed, this sometimes can take from anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 or more hours.

I have learned problem solving and creative thinking, customer awareness, leadership, information communication and technology skills, and time management.
Very good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCDecember 16, 2013
The management goes out of their way to help with whatever you need. They are fair but stern. They want you to succeed.
Pros
Cons
Really aren't any

Want to know more about AGILYSYS?

Ask a question
Great Working environment!
Installation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2012
Very diverse and plenty to learn. Friendly workplace with an amazing team to be a part of.
Got to work from home.
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TexasJune 15, 2012
When I first started her we had an office and then later was told we are not going to have an office and we should plan to work from home. I thought this was not good but later on I found out it was.
Not a fun place to work
Customer Service Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 24, 2012
I was made to feal that every day was my last. Whatever I did was wrong, even if it was what I was told to do. was promised a promotion & raise that ended up going to two other people.
Pros
i got a paycheck
Cons
management, or the lack thereof.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGILYSYS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9