AGL Resources Employee Reviews

Great Company
Bilingual Customer Service II/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2017
the nature of the business sometimes difficult as natural gas can be necessary for many people but company has many programs to help its customers and really encourages employees in community outreach programs
Meter reader Union New Jersey
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 17, 2016
Possibly the worst company I have ever worked for. Micromanagement is all over the company. Most good reviews here are from the Atlanta division and are just happy to have a job.Did they mention how much comes out of their paycheck for those mediocre benefits? Don't work here for over 5 years because they won't let you. They will fire you for say taking 1 of your 5 sick days so they can hire someone new for starting rate. Don't waste your time here! If you do plan to work here make it temporary until you find a better job which won't be hard
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Managers hired who knows nothing about gas or never worked on gas.
Good company
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 30, 2016
AGL Resources or Southern Company Gas is a good place to work. It could improve on the advancement of employees. I have nothing else to say.
Very productive, interesting, stressful, caring and fun workplace
Customer Care Specialist Nicor Gas (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 19, 2016
The Call Center is typically a very busy workplace and depending on the time of season it can be extremely stressful. Management makes the workplace an enjoyable environment during schedule leisure events. The co-workers are extremely resourceful, energetic, devoted, loving, caring, responsible and accountable employees/individuals. I appreciate the knowledge this utility gas company has provided. I will benefit as a consumer and as a previous employee. This company provides the utmost professionalism, pride and knowledge in its product.
Pros
Lots of overtime, Quarterly employee appreciation day, Open-door policy with directors/supervisors and managers.
Cons
Lots of overtime, Recon season is stressful, Irate customers
Great Company
Trainer, Gas Control (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2016
Great Culture and since the merger with Southern Company it has been seamless and Southern Company has changed very little. s time goes on I am sure there will be changes, but our voices have been valued.
Retiree
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2016
Since I am retired this does not relate to the job that I am applying for. I have retired after 24,years of excellent customer service.
Pros
Great place to work. Much experience gained over the years
Typical Fortune 500 Company
Supervisor, Billing Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2016
A typical Fortune 500 company acquired by Southern Company. I would have liked to see AGL stand up for long time employees negatively impacted by the merger.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Would have liked to see AGL stand up for long time employees affected by merger
Agl
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2016
I really enjoyed interning at AGL. I was able to experience both the good and bad of corporate America. I learned so much about myself and how to manage time better.
AGL Resources
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2016
My work day would begin a review of my TOD list which would allow me to prioritize according to management to be completed by date. I learned to prepare employees who reached retirement age for their exit from AGL providing them with AGL's Retirement Checklist. Providing information regarding their benefits package at time of retirement. My manager was extremely knowledgeable and provided her team with the necessary tools to successfully complete our tasks. My co-workers provided all information to get the job done well. My co-workers thoroughly understood the term "team player." The hardest part of my job is when I was told my assignment was ending. My most enjoyable work experience was to get the job done well. Problem-solving.
Pros
Cons
None that I'm aware of
Uneducated and inexperienced managers and director
Call Center (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 26, 2016
The unhappiest time of my life. No work life balance. Micromanager who talks the talk. Constantly speaking about "company's culture" yet stabs you in the back. Inept but a master in making sure no one stands out in order for her not to look incompetent. The team of managers and director are all from the inside and have to real knowledge of how to be leaders or managers and have no other experience other than what they have learned within the walls of the company. They have built their own little world (hiring friends and family) and want a bunch a followers as incompetent as themselves. Unfortunately there are many minions that are willing to stroke egos to merely keep their job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
inexperienced management team
Great Workplace
Treasury Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
AGL is a highly professional workplace and a pleasant place to work. Management is wonderful and people seem genuinely happy to work there.
Good people... Poor pay
2nd shift dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 7, 2016
HVAC dispatcher/Customer Service. Good team of people, but the pay sucks. Good entry level, not for anyone who's trying to make real money. This position is 12-830 M-Saturday. 16 hourly. OT is available.
Pros
Family environment.
Cons
PAY
Offers opporunities to learn
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Union, NJMarch 6, 2016
The employees in Customer Service are constantly being taught new things to learn. There are constraints to working in the Customer Service Center compared to other parts of the company.
Great Place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Awesome opportunities. Management is concerned about your growth. Be prepared to hit the ground running day 1. Work life balance is practiced here. Employees own their work contributions.
Pros
location
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Great place to work and the pay is average. the benefits are the best Ive had. I wish career advancement were more obtainable by the call center agents. Overall this culture is friendly and inviting so it a great place for me.
Challenging Job
Engineer I-Model Builder/System Planning (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 8, 2016
I like to do challenging job. I learned how to analyze a problem and try find the best solution. I learned to think about safety as a first priority.
Pros
Nice Co-Worker
Fun workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 6, 2016
Working at AGL Resources is a great place to be at the atmosphere there is amazing, it makes you want to really get down to work all the managers, supervisors as well as the fellow agents make it a fun workplace.
Fun and Friendly Place to Work
CONSTRUCTION SPECIALIST/ COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2016
AGL offers a lifetime of opportunities within their many diversified departments. At this time, there are many groups being implemented for the many types of social groups, cultures and traditions. Baby Boomers, Generation X and Millenniums are all valued and welcomed!

AGL is a team oriented workplace environment.
Great Benefits
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GADecember 4, 2015
log in by your schedule time ready for customers to call and assist with any complaints on account, process payments, process orders turn-ons, turn-offs and new service for natural gas
Pros
great company paid training
Cons
shifts bids twice a yr
AGL is a very good company to work for and will help develop your skills.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2015
AGL is a great company to work your way up and retire. There are some very good employees that support your goals. That will help you focus on positive development within the company.
Pros
Great support groups.
Cons
Becareful of company click groups.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGL Resources. Our community is ready to answer.