AGL Resources Employee Reviews

Short Term role with not much exposure to company as a whole
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Role was only for a short period of time
I only had a short term role so I did not get to experience much of the company culture. My direct manager was not the easiest person to work for but he was definitely focused on the job.
Nationwide company with alot of opportunities.
Multi Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Active in the community, Career advancement, Great people
Cons: Long hours, A lot of deadlines
AGL Resources is a large company with plenty of career advancements. While working with AGL my multi tasking and organizational skills were sharpened due to the many different roles I played in the customer service sales department. Meeting a lot of people from various different backgrounds was great experience. Dealing with irate customers at times can be stressful, but coming to a result at the end and the customer being thankful is well worth it.
Reputable employer with excellent training and benefits
Field Tech C Distribution (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 25, 2015
I repair and replace gas services and respond to gas emergencies on a daily basis. AGL is highly professional and organized with a strong emphasis on safety. We furnish hundreds of thousands of people with natural gas and take pride in the work we do. AGL also has incredible benefit packages offered to its employees.
Amazing Company to work for
Bilingual Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Cons: schedule shift changes
loved working here. extensive training makes you feel very well prepared for the job and great work setting with out production pressures. allowed to truly serve the customer without being on a time constraint. very different from your typical call center
excellent company
Natural Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: take company truck home
Cons: n/a
excellent company to deal with work hard and also I approve on hands on natural gas company biggest in the united state. enjoy working there , Best company I ever worked for ,,
Great place to work with chances of advancement
Contractor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2014
There is no typical day here at AGL in the IT Department. You never know what's going to happen or breakdown. I have learned so much here while on my internship to the point that I carry on as if I am a full-time employee. Management is amazing, and my co-workers? They are a mess, a good mess, but a mess. I can have so much fun with them because they are approachable and so down to earth. The hardest part about my job is dealing with customers who want help but do not know how to recieve help when it presents iitself. Meaning, they put a ticket in regarding their problem, myself or a team member go out to check it out, the customer is unruly, defensive, or just has a horrible attitude, and we do not have a pleasent experience. I know how to deal with customers like this but I do not like it. The most enjoyable part about my job is being able to see the smile on someones face after I have resolved their issue. All I love to do is help people!
work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Naperville, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: inbound calls
Cons: mandatory ot
Not the best place to work, Mandatory over time 12 hours a day
Fast paced environment handling customer s various questions.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Sycamore, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: pay/benefits/people
Inbound calls handling various customer requests from starting/stopping/transferring services to explanation of billing & emergency related calls.
On-going training to best meet customer needs.
Great Management providing feedback to insure goals are met/exceeded.
Great Co-workers
I enjoyed assisting customers and answering their questions to make their experience positive.
Great place to work with a professional, smooth functioning environment.
Accountant I (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility with my work hours.
A typical work day entailed auditing and processing invoices to ensure proper coding and authorization. I learned that accuracy and completeness are essential in any accounting process. Management was very knowledgeable and adhered to an open-door policy. My co-workers were very professional which allowed us to develop and maintain a great working relationship.
A Day in Supply Chain
Buyer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: professional growth and no management trainee programs
A typical day of work for me is contract negotiation, sourcing purchase orders, and invoice reconciliation. I have learned a lot about the supply chain field in my three years in this role. The management and coworker environment consists of a very relaxed casual environment. The hardest part of my job would be contacting a contractor to advise they were not awarded a bid. The most enjoyable part of my job is conversing with others throughout the organization and being apart of teams seeing the project through from its initiation to its completion.
Great Internship!!
Governmental Affairs Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2013
I learned so much here! They gave me responsibilities immediately and treated me almost as if I were a permanent employee. I appreciated every bit of any pressure and I learned/grew so much as a result.
Always on the go.
Plant Operator (Current Employee), Chattanooga TN. 37406August 10, 2013
As a plant operator I stay busy either loading LNG tankers or watching and controling the plant process. With LNG being stored at -250 degrees fahrenheit along with cylinders of pressurized gases, I am always having to monitor the facility.
Ignorant Red Necks
GIS (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2013
Cons: rednecks
This place is full of ignorant rednecks especially in the Technical Departments. This is not a good place to work.
Productive Top Tier company
Data Verifications Rep II (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMay 6, 2013
A typical day in the life as an employee of AGL was laid back. There was not a lot of misro-managing. The leadership from Director and up was superb. It is very easy to stay there for awhile without knowing. The tenure there was amazing. I learned the utilities industry and worked in the billing department to ensure that there were accurate bills going out and maintaining the integrity of the gas meters to ensure proper usage and billing. My co-workers were awesome. A great bunch to work with. There job itself was not very difficult. When we were in our peak season adapting to taking calls if needed had it challenges to maintain service level and daily job functions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the push for excellence. Knowing that I was doing work that ensured accurately reported usage and troubleshooting any issues to rectify any discrepancies made it a joy.
Not a positive place to work at
Energy Sales- Nicor National / AGL Resources (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 29, 2013
Pros: location, building, benefits
Cons: unrealistic goals, no employee empowerment, negative enviornment
Training course was thorough but only taught about 60% of my actual job. The energy products I had to sell day in and day out were terrible and are a rip off for the consumer it was hard to sleep at night knowing what I was doing. Management is unorganized, negative, and unprofessional. If you have ever seen the movie "Boiler Room" that's what their sales enviornment feels like. Does not develop employees. Co-workers were pleasent and very helpful, very generous and caring people.
Terrible place to work
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Portsmouth NHApril 19, 2013
I was a temp at this company which took over NiSource Retail Services. At several meetings we were told that there were no plans to make changes to the NH office. This lie was maintained through a meeting on April 5th. Yesterday HR came in and told everyone but IT and Marketing they will no longer have a job after May 17th and now I see advertisements for open positions in a company that is closing. Not professional at all.

April 29, 2013

Not that I am well educated on this but I believe the Nisource team was moved to Naperville, or at least I know for a while the team was taking their calls.

Customer Logistics Specialist
Customer Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: annual bonus
Cons: health plan
Monitors “AM”, “PM” and priority appointments, routes filler work to field service personnel by dispatching work orders by compliance and deadline, evaluates filed service routes; provides optimized routes for service personnel based on quantity, severity of workload, and available resources, monitors field service efficiency throughout the day, assigns, dispatches, and tracks emergency orders to ensure compliance to standards are met, redirect field service resources to Service Centers based on need, investigate and take action on incomplete orders, assist area managers and supervisors by reviewing daily staffing and scheduling field service personnel accordingly

April 12, 2013

I miss this job and my peers, I really enjoyed the company in both aspects!!!

No job is safe, Micro-Management, No Work/Life Balance
Assoc. Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: competitive salary, good severance
Cons: job security, management, work/life balance, advancement opportunities
If you enjoy Micro-Managment, Zero Job Security, and 24/7 devotion to your employer, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!

This company was once known for job security and devotion to employees. It's not out of the ordinary for 20+ year employees to be let go.

Advancement opportunities are scarce. If you aren't a minority don't expect to move up.

They claim great bonuses. That may be true if they were to ever provide them.

No appreciation for education or outside experience.

Upper management comprised of Good-ole-boy Boot-strappers.
bad place
Senior Rates Analyst (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: just a job
Cons: everything thing
by far this was the worst company to work for, I was working at VNG as Sr. Analyst, and from day one I felt something was not wright about this place, I am from an Arab background, so I had enemy's all over the place, where can I start, every day I had something going on with the employees, they use to talk bad about me all day and I can hear them, I told HR, And she said I can't make people like you, and I said to her I don't want them to like me, I just want them to respect me at the place of work, any how to make a long story short, I was let go last year, March 2012, which was a good thing to happen since I was planning to leave on April any way, when my Manager sat down with HR to tell me I had to leave to company, I felt how this place was, they escorted me to my car door to make sure that I am not going to do something stupid, never defended me or took my side, I don't know really why I was offered the position.
Utilities
Temp - Project Coordinator / Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta GAOctober 17, 2012
Advancement is very hard and most of management is very set-in-there ways
Headquarters