Agnes Scott College Employee Reviews

Creativity and Openness
Student (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 29, 2017
At Agnes Scott College everyone is open to new ideas. Professors give work that let students develop different ideas in the classroom that can be used outside of the classroom as well. The best class taken was Entrepreneurship creating my own business and creating a business plan.
Agnes Scott is a very rewarding and united community
Student Senate (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 21, 2017
As a laboratory assistant, research assistant, accounting assistant, and being a part of meaningful campus organizations, I have gained nothing but valuable skills that has shaped me into a well rounded candidate.
Great Community for Women
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Agnes Scott College is unique because it is a small liberal arts women's college tucked away in Decatur, Georgia. I work as a work study student in the gallery and am very pleased with my time so far. In my short time I have worked with three seasonal visiting artists to help execute gallery shows, receiving hands on experience with hardware, visual arts and more. The faculty is very friendly and eager to offer benefits.
Pros
Great community, beautiful campus
Cons
More tasks would be welcome, pay could be improved
Management is awesome
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 13, 2016
I worked in the bookstore and the manager is really sweet and awesome. It's one of the better retail jobs ive had, and I'd definitely do it again. The other workers in the school all seem to be really nice as well.
Productive and Friendly Work Environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 27, 2016
I am a student worker at Agnes Scott College for the Office of Registrar. The Office of the Registrar handles students academic records, transcripts, enrollment verification, degree requirements, and other documents that relate to students. I assist and respond to any inquires that a student or faculty member may have when they come in the office and I help with projects given to me by my supervisor and colleagues. I also maintain and coordinate student registration forms for accuracy and edit student information in different database. I have learned to be patient and work on the task and/or problem given to me efficiently and effectively. My management is excellent. It is a very friendly work environment. I have no problem working with my supervisor. He is very friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of my job is not having an answer for the students or faculty, but I know I can always ask for help. On the other hand, when I am able to help answer a question or complete a task effectively and efficiently, I feel l have a done a great job.
Pros
Friendly, Work Environment; flexible schedule; friendly and helpful supervisor
Cons
Slow work days
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 22, 2016
This educational institution has a long standing tradition that it's shareholders maintain which is full of dignity and pride.
Great work environment
Overnight Guest Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 4, 2015
The work environment was fabulous. The people in the office were very nice. The campus is beautiful and the weather was great too.
Progressive work environment.
Overnight Guest Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 23, 2015
The work environment is supportive engaging and professional. I learned basic office, and clerical skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the staff.
Productive, fun and energetic place to work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 27, 2015
I've thoroughly enjoyed working with this company for over 8 years. Each day presents new challenges allowing me the opportunity to stay in a problem-solving state of mind. From building customer relations to crisis P.R., I've learned how to effectively communicate with the client while maintaining the company's policies and procedures.It is often difficult to pull my self away from a problem that arises, but I truly enjoy finding the best possible solution.
Pros
Reduced lunch, meeting celebrities and global leaders from around the world.
Cons
Limited chance of promotion or salary increase.
I really love working there
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2014
We assist student and teachers with computers, books, movies. etc. I check books in and out. Put books back on shelves. Assist the main librarian with different tasks.
Pros
Extra cash while I was going to school
Excellent
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Great, progressive learning environment in which to work. I had the priviledge of working with exceptional/professional supervisors, that showed a daily commitment to the faculty/co-workers of this college. The faculty/staff were always available for whatever needs might be in need of addressing, with the manner of competant professionalism that was a trade-mark of this liberal arts community.
Pros
Faculty/Staff/Students
Work study
Departmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 4, 2013
I only worked for 2-3 hours at a time for work study so I didn't have any qualms with the job. I did what was necessary to make a little over five dollars an hour.
Great People, Cheap lunches!
Support Faculty/Staff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2013
A good company to start your career. Excellent environment to teach yourself new skills, but no opportunity for advancement.
We have company parties every year.
Foodservice Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2013
I enjoy geting up everyday going to work.My boss is a good person I could go to her and talk to her about my problems and she would not judge me.
A workplace open to new ideas with dedicated faculty, staff and students
Digital Design Fellow (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 16, 2012
I did not have a typical day at work, which is something I really enjoyed about this position. The fellowship was entirely new, and a large amount of my time was spent creating resources, tutoring faculty, staff and students on Wordpress and other blogging platforms, and educating the campus community about my role as a technology resource. Everyone at the college is a joy to work with because each person values new ideas and does his or her best to help students succeed. Perhaps the downside of working with so many ambitious, smart people was that students and co-workers at times became overcommitted, and fell through on executing tasks. Overall, however, great place to work!
Pros
energetic and committed community, healthcare, reduced lunches
Cons
retirement not effective until after year of employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agnes Scott College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6