Agnesian Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 15, 2017
I love working here. A fantastic place to keep consist hours which are flexible. When ever there is an open shift, they give out an equal opportunity to get more shifts. The schedule is in the span of a month so you have more notice of when to get off. When you need off, everyone is pleased to cooperate with it and they will let you have off. All the nurses and other employees are always smiling and continuously asking to assist in other needs. In Food Service, I am able to be done with work no later than 8:30pm allowing for me to study for college courses and maintain grades! I would recommend!
Cons
No cons.
not the most flexiable place to work
Clinical Lab Processor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 2, 2017
very challenging but rewarding job, when you leave you feel like you can solve all the worlds problems. schedule is not flexible and they seem to always be short staffed.
Pros
learning
Cons
weekend, holiday, and 3rd shifts
nice people to work with
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WiJanuary 16, 2017
Overall it is a good place to work. The people are the best to work with. The CEO is a very likeable and approachable. The hardest part of the job was working with the Cerner software errors that caused unpleasant phone calls from patients who were overcharged due to these errors
Great Hospital
BSN, RN (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 3, 2017
I am an RN at St. Agnes on a very busy, demanding medical floor. Are some of my shifts exhausting? Absolutely. Patients are admitted for a reason, they are generally very ill and require medical intervention. I work with dedicated, hard working, skilled nurses who are patient advocates and are genuine in their care of patients. Our CNA's bust their butts too for our patients, they run around just as much as we do when the floor is heavy or call-lights are non-stop. Are we understaffed? No, this is just the first thing that comes to mind during peak hours of the day. House keepers and food service are equally as busy and I have nothing but good things to say because they respond as quickly as they can when we are low on something or need their services.

I have floated to other floors, the nurses are equally as hard working. Have I felt a little out of the clique when I floated? Yes but this is because those nurses didn't know me or my competency as a nurse; after a couple of visits to other floors, I have always felt part of their team. That is true of anywhere that you work, if you sub-in on a different department, the employees there have to develop trust of your abilities and feel you out as a coworker.

As for the benefits of working at St. Agnes, those are great too. The insurance is affordable and offers health incentives that cut the already affordable rate in half. We have 401k, paid time off, reserved sick leave, extra pay incentives to pick up open shifts, and paid standby when census is low. St. Agnes, like every other corporation has policies and procedures that
  more... keep staff and patients safe. I don't feel like policy or procedure infringe on my daily work-flow, they enhance it.

Not to talk back about any of the other reviews but some of the negative ones need to be taken with a grain of salt. I have watched new staff walk in the doors and stay, I have also watched a couple staff be asked not to return. This isn't your high school job at a mom and pop restaurant, this is a hospital and it has the expectation of excellence for its staff. Repeatedly calling in without an excuse is not forgotten but it can be forgiven if a manager is approached about why it is happening so they can try to work with employees. Lack of motivation is another no-no. It might be busy shift with loads of tasks but we can't close our doors or turn the sick away, hospitals are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year institutions with round the clock care from providers, nurses, technicians, house keepers, etc. As for people complaining about pay, when you add all the benefits to the hourly wage, you are getting paid much more than you think. House keepers are hired between $11.xx and $14.xx dollars an hour, that is pretty spectacular considering the job doesn't require a college education and has full benefits.

So, in conclusion, St. Agnes is a great place to work. This is not my first job, it probably isn't my last job either. For the next 5-10 years, It is a great place to advance my career while working for a fantastic organization that strives to provide "simply the best" to patients and staff alike.
Pros
Mangers who care, free holiday meals, education days, Benefits, coworkers who work hard and can be counted on.
Cons
My floor can get super busy. This isn't really a con or controllable by any means, we do our best when times are hard to provide the best care possible.
Very clicky atmosphere
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIDecember 22, 2016
Very clicky attitude towards new employees...tasks and how to do them is not logical.....things are not meant to be streamlined and straight....opposite of what would be beneficial and logical....I liked the ER and the MDs...and the ICU....but the other areas are scary..
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Bad atmosphere for the unique
very poor upper management
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIDecember 12, 2016
I loved my actual job but the upper management at Agnesian Healthcare and the Human Resources Director are not very nice people. There was a lot of favoritism from my Director and many people complained about her coming to work with alcohol on her breath.
Don't get hurt while working here
RN (Former Employee) –  Home careSeptember 16, 2016
I was an RN for home care. I was traveling to my assignment when I was T boned. Totaled my SUV, have a brain injury, and needed neck surgery. Workers comp has denied all my claims thus far and have since been fired since this employer chose not to follow my work restrictions.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
They do not treat employees according to there mission statement.
flexible
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 15, 2016
Work schedule was flexible. Staff was very helpful and friendly. They always were available by phone or email. Pay was competitive and benefits were good.
Worst place ever
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 18, 2016
The managers are always looking over your shoulder hoping to catch you doing something so they can fire you, lousy morale,
Pros
Cons
everything
Great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 25, 2016
I love to be able to work for this amazing place and I can't wait to advance. They really care about their staff and especially their residents and patients.
Great place to work!
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 26, 2016
Agnesian provides great service to surrounding communities through clinics, critical access hospitals and the surgery center. I enjoy my position at Agnesian HealthCare.
good
Director of Business Services (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 22, 2016
organization is great. the community is nice to live in. It is a progressive place. the people are nice to work with. the city is clean and well run.
Like helping the patients and love working with my provider.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 2, 2016
Management is a joke, policies are only put in place when it benefits management, lots of unethical situations with management. They want to increase number of patients seen but decrease staff amount and have more done with less time and still want the best patient satisfaction scores. Favoritism in management is huge. Act like they care about employees but really they are all overworked, under paid, and no one has your back. They will weed out all loyal employees to save money on wage and benefits.
Agnesian rakes in tons of profit but then slaps the employees in the face with a barely noticeable raise that is lower than the increased cost of living...but please keep up the good work!
Pros
Some benefits can be good
Cons
Poor management, greedy/arrogant CEO, low wages
You have been warned!
radiology technologist (Former Employee) –  HospitalJanuary 14, 2016
This is a great place if you want to be over worked and under appreciated! Staffing is kept to a minimum and the department is not staffed for an emergency shortage if something medical were to happen. The supervisor showes EXTREME favoritism and not easy to talk with. No confidentiality between management and staff. Upper management knows about the issues yet chooses to do nothing about it. Turn over rate is extremely high especially if you don't do it the older techs way, heaven forbid you try something new. And you better look a certain way really judgmental on the way you look, talk and do your hair and your scrub top better say small.
Pros
You get a tough skin
Cons
You won't be there long
Stressful place to work with negative work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 1, 2016
Lots of negativity among staff, and many staff not willing to work together to accomplish good pt care. The focus is to provide "Simply The Best" customer service, but yet they have simply the worst staffing. Nurses always working short. Tons of turnover in nsg dept. Mgmt team is quite new and young with not a lot of supervisory experience, and favoritism b/t mgmt and staff is quite prominent throughout the system.
Pros
Premium pay program, good benefits
Cons
Staff shortage, negative environment, lack of resources
Patient Accounts Review
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WINovember 3, 2015
I answer phone calls and explain methods of filing insurance to patients and counsel them regarding claim resolution. I appeal claims with third party payors for proper reimbursement. I enter payment and discount information as necessary and review payments and denial. IWork with outside vendors on claim disputes to ensure proper reimbursement per contract and/or industry guidelines. Manage on-line worklist and reports to insure timely and accurate filing and resolution of claims.

I work with a great group of women that laugh and have a good time at work while we get our work done. We work as a team so we all understand the process and help each other out when we get stuck.

The hardest part of the job is when patients call and they are angry and they swear at you and tell you don't understand their problems.
Pros
Constantly busy
Cons
not compensated enough for wages
My co workers were excellent to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Fond du LacJuly 28, 2015
The NFDL Agnesian clinic was the busiest satellite clinic. It was extremely fast paced. I stayed because I loved who I worked with, but an incident happened and I was let go. Everyone, including my doctors that I work for, will give me an excellent reference. I never had any problems with who I worked with and was very much a leader in my position. I was very skilled in my position and would often work in different locations when they needed help.
Pros
The staff and retirement
Cons
The pay was ridiculously low for being the largest employer in FDL county
fun workplace
Supply Chain Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 14, 2014
I go to meetings and learn the way contracts work and how vendors interact with the Supply Chain employees.
Very poor difficult place to work.
Nursing (Current Employee) –  AgnesianMay 5, 2014
Be very careful going into this employer. The environment throughout the system is one of threat and negativity. The administration is a bit manipulative. The hardest part of the job is the constant negative feedback. The answer to change is threat. The biggest problem is getting a day off. The float pool staff is kept to a minimum and vacation requests are constantly turned down.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Extremely threatening and negative
I enjoyed working with diferent culture.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Fond du lac WisconsinNovember 20, 2013
A typical work day at Agnesian Consisted of Answering Phone, taking Messages, and returning calls, as well as making appointment for Patients, cancelling appointment, My Job Specifically was to Interpret for the Patient, which consisted of telling the Patient in Spanish what the Doctor said in English and
vice Versa. My coworker were very Professional, I learned so many different aspect of Medical Interpreting, as well as several different dialects of Spanish.,that I didn't know before I started working for Agnesian, the Most enjoyable part of my Job, was working with many different Cultures, all speaking the same language,of course with different dialect.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
short Staffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agnesian Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7