Agnesian Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Like helping the patients and love working with my provider.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 2, 2016
Management is a joke, policies are only put in place when it benefits management, lots of unethical situations with management. They want to increase number of patients seen but decrease staff amount and have more done with less time and still want the best patient satisfaction scores. Favoritism in management is huge. Act like they care about employees but really they are all overworked, under paid, and no one has your back. They will weed out all loyal employees to save money on wage and benefits.
Agnesian rakes in tons of profit but then slaps the employees in the face with a barely noticeable raise that is lower than the increased cost of living...but please keep up the good work!
Pros
Some benefits can be good
Cons
Poor management, greedy/arrogant CEO, low wages
Stressful place to work with negative work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 1, 2016
Lots of negativity among staff, and many staff not willing to work together to accomplish good pt care. The focus is to provide "Simply The Best" customer service, but yet they have simply the worst staffing. Nurses always working short. Tons of turnover in nsg dept. Mgmt team is quite new and young with not a lot of supervisory experience, and favoritism b/t mgmt and staff is quite prominent throughout the system.
Pros
Premium pay program, good benefits
Cons
Staff shortage, negative environment, lack of resources
You have been warned!
radiology technologist (Former Employee) –  HospitalJanuary 14, 2016
This is a great place if you want to be over worked and under appreciated! Staffing is kept to a minimum and the department is not staffed for an emergency shortage if something medical were to happen. The supervisor showes EXTREME favoritism and not easy to talk with. No confidentiality between management and staff. Upper management knows about the issues yet chooses to do nothing about it. Turn over rate is extremely high especially if you don't do it the older techs way, heaven forbid you try something new. And you better look a certain way really judgmental on the way you look, talk and do your hair and your scrub top better say small.
Pros
You get a tough skin
Cons
You won't be there long
Great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 25, 2016
I love to be able to work for this amazing place and I can't wait to advance. They really care about their staff and especially their residents and patients.
Patient Accounts Review
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WINovember 3, 2015
I answer phone calls and explain methods of filing insurance to patients and counsel them regarding claim resolution. I appeal claims with third party payors for proper reimbursement. I enter payment and discount information as necessary and review payments and denial. IWork with outside vendors on claim disputes to ensure proper reimbursement per contract and/or industry guidelines. Manage on-line worklist and reports to insure timely and accurate filing and resolution of claims.

I work with a great group of women that laugh and have a good time at work while we get our work done. We work as a team so we all understand the process and help each other out when we get stuck.

The hardest part of the job is when patients call and they are angry and they swear at you and tell you don't understand their problems.
Pros
Constantly busy
Cons
not compensated enough for wages
good
Director of Business Services (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 22, 2016
organization is great. the community is nice to live in. It is a progressive place. the people are nice to work with. the city is clean and well run.
My co workers were excellent to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Fond du LacJuly 28, 2015
The NFDL Agnesian clinic was the busiest satellite clinic. It was extremely fast paced. I stayed because I loved who I worked with, but an incident happened and I was let go. Everyone, including my doctors that I work for, will give me an excellent reference. I never had any problems with who I worked with and was very much a leader in my position. I was very skilled in my position and would often work in different locations when they needed help.
Pros
The staff and retirement
Cons
The pay was ridiculously low for being the largest employer in FDL county
I enjoyed working with diferent culture.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Fond du lac WisconsinNovember 20, 2013
A typical work day at Agnesian Consisted of Answering Phone, taking Messages, and returning calls, as well as making appointment for Patients, cancelling appointment, My Job Specifically was to Interpret for the Patient, which consisted of telling the Patient in Spanish what the Doctor said in English and
vice Versa. My coworker were very Professional, I learned so many different aspect of Medical Interpreting, as well as several different dialects of Spanish.,that I didn't know before I started working for Agnesian, the Most enjoyable part of my Job, was working with many different Cultures, all speaking the same language,of course with different dialect.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
short staffed.
they are getting rid of all the good /experienced employees
RN (Former Employee) –  fond du lacJuly 7, 2013
Don't bother applying if you are over 50 y/o. They are doing a major overhaul, firing employees left and right. If they are not terminating they are stripping employees of their titles. Good experienced employees are in jeopardy of being shown the door. Don't even think of retiring from this place! They corner the market in Fond du lac county as there is not another hospital in the area. Aurora needs to get on it and build one so healthcare workers in this area have options.
Very poor difficult place to work.
Nursing (Current Employee) –  AgnesianMay 5, 2014
Be very careful going into this employer. The environment throughout the system is one of threat and negativity. The administration is a bit manipulative. The hardest part of the job is the constant negative feedback. The answer to change is threat. The biggest problem is getting a day off. The float pool staff is kept to a minimum and vacation requests are constantly turned down.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
extremely threatening and negative
fun workplace
Supply Chain Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 14, 2014
I go to meetings and learn the way contracts work and how vendors interact with the Supply Chain employees.
hospital
Environmental Services Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 16, 2013
I hate this place but patients love it. nurses are horrible at their jobs unless you are in the ICU!

2.9