Agora, Inc., an international publisher located in historic Baltimore is seeking to add an entry-level accountant to its professional team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Month-end closing procedures
- Bank reconciliation
- Prepaid expensing
- Checking for wires
- Issue decisions for Positive Pay
- Performing routine tasks such as allocations of expenses
- Working with a variety of business units, both domestic and international
- Receivable tracking - understanding journal entries so that sales transactions can be recorded
- Providing support to the general ledger accounting team as projects arise
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Accounting Degree or one to two years of general ledger experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the business accounting cycle and the ability to apply this knowledge to our specific industry
- The ability to multi-task and change gears under pressure is extremely important.
- A willingness to see no task as too large or too small.
- Confidence, but not arrogance and the ability to work independently are personal traits necessary to succeed as part of our team.
If you feel these character traits describe you then please apply. If not, please don’t. Our philosophy is to hire slow and fire fast. In today’s world we cannot afford to make mistakes. However, if you are intelligent and up for never a dull day then I assure you an incredible opportunity awaits.
This position requires a well-organized individual with excellent research and follow-up skills. The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to all levels of staff and management is crucial.
We offer a very professional yet casual environment. The accounting department is comprised of a very talented and fun team; we are interested in an individual that is personable and dedicated to achieving the high standards that we require. The keys to succeed in such an environment are to have open mind, a positive attitude and a willingness to take on any challenge.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.