AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
stressful place for non Chinese working people
Vice President, Deputy Head of Operations (Current Employee) –  Branch, NYSeptember 25, 2017
very different cultural environment, slow in adopting to American standards. Not transparent with employees in all aspects including performance evaluations.
Nice place to work
Intern, Financial Institutions Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
People there are very friendly and I have learn a lot from there. I is a good place to start your career, because you can learn everything of financing there.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
High press
Nice Bank
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Weihai, CNMarch 20, 2017
Agricultural Bank of China is one of major banks in China.
Management and culture is great.
The hardest part of the job is to process much work in one day.
Finance Intern
Private Financial Department Intern (Former Employee) –  ChinaFebruary 12, 2017
Created a ten-question survey to access customer buying patterns
Conducted data analysis in Microsoft Excel to determine top selling finance derivatives
Provided legal documentation and organized customer profiles to over 40 customers
The first working experience in my life
Interdepartmental Intern (Former Employee) –  佛山市December 27, 2016
When I was a sophomore in my undergraduate's period, I was lucky to get this internship. I learned how the bank operate.
Keep conscientious and careful altitude is important.
a fun place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  HarbinMay 14, 2016
The first day I came to work earlier than required and helped put things in order. Then I learnt about financial products and introduced them to the potential clients. I was happy that I could offer some help, learn something new, and apply what I learnt in school.
productive
Operations Management Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Yantai,ShandongFebruary 3, 2016
Provided strong support to the manager in analyzing operating income and fixed asset depreciation data.
Performed detailed bank reconciliation of seven cash accounts with 100% accuracy.
A typical bank
Assistant Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  C11October 7, 2015
It is simple work every day. Not much passion, but it was still a valuable job opportunity for me. It's system is too old, it is time for a change.
big company good traning oportunities
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  C11June 14, 2015
typical day:
• Analyzed companies’ cash flow, financial history and trends
• Implemented ratio analysis and compared with industry standards and other borrowers.
• Predicted companies’ probability of default and recommended that a loan should be approved or not
great experience on working twith people
customer service (Former Employee) –  1 Changfengxidajie, Taiyuan, ShanxiJanuary 31, 2015
I study the new financial product and sell the product to clients. Always being optimistic and be kind to eveyone no matter he is going to buy the products or not. Making friends with people is prior than selling products to them.
workmate are willing to help me when I'm in trouble, which I really appreciated them. The hardest thing is some clients are not easy to get along with. But I do think and enjoy the time explaining to these clients and trying hard in order to make them feel satisfied.
Pros
meet new people everyday
Cons
serious boss
Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  WenzhouJanuary 29, 2015
I was their for only one month
I got familiar with the daily operating process of a commercial bank
Good place for entry level
INTERN (Former Employee) –  ChinaDecember 12, 2014
I did summer Intern in ABC, and did the follow stuff
 Assisted managers to evaluation and understanding of risk associated with Institutional Financial Services transactions, foreign currency transactions (draft), fund products and borrowers
 Coordinated internal staff created basis financial statement, budgeting and cash flow forecasting
Fun working place
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  C01November 24, 2014
I used what I have learnt in the US college in this bank. My perfect English talking and writing skills had helped me to translate documents from different countries. My coworkers taught me how to talk on the phone with customers which I am using it right now in the Future agency.
assistant financial analyst
Assistant Financial Analyst/Intern (Former Employee) –  Huangshi ChinaOctober 10, 2014
Instructed customers to fill out forms used for transactions
Improved customer service through explaining the transaction policies to customers
Managed past contracts and assisted the supervisor in analyzing public financial reports of companies
Adapted data spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint presentations for staff members
Science and Technology Branch with an exhibition room
Intern (Former Employee) –  Suzhou, ChinaJuly 15, 2014
I worked in ABC as an intern during summer in 2013. Main working responsibilities included assisting in supervising entrusted loans, checking if all the money lent had been used for paying qualified expenses. I arranged in good order all paper materials submitted by enterprises applying for a loan. The office has an exhibition room. I also assisted in guiding visitors a tour in it.

The position required a good communication skills, carefulness and patience. I enjoyed working in ABC.
large
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Yantai, ShandongJune 20, 2014
It is a large company in China. Many people want to work there.
fun workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  C32May 14, 2014
Performed ETL process by SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio and SQL queries.
Wrote SQL queries and store procedures for business reports
Rotation Program
Credit Risk Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  C02February 23, 2014
I used to assist in the Credit Administration department, the Private banking department and the office. When I assisted in Credit department, my job was to collect information of a client’s material such as Organization Code, business license, and tax certificate, also to get the requirement from the client of the amount of loan, the purpose, the deadlines. Although that internship only lasted one month, I got familiar with the workflow in each department.
Pros
Comprehensive understanding on operation
Cons
No deep manipulating practice
the most useful job
Loans Department Intern (Former Employee) –  xi'anJanuary 28, 2014
▪ Collect the customer information
▪ Inspect the customer credit
Internship for here.
Loans Department Intern (Former Employee) –  xi'anNovember 18, 2013
Collect the personal information from customers, and gather the receipts, interest note.