Ahern Insurance Brokerage is one of the largest independently owned full service insurance brokerages specializing in providing insurance products to the legal community. AIB's philosophy of building long-term professional relationships with their clients extends to the AHERN team.
AIB offers an environment that provides the staff with the culture of a small family oriented business while providing large company benefits. We value our employee’s career goals as well as their lives. AHERN provides a professional, stable work atmosphere. As our agency continues to grow and stay ahead of the curve in the service and products that we offer, we are looking for additional team members who want the excitement of a continuously developing company that has the stability of a long established one.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing a broad range of administrative support to the Controller and other management team as necessary.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Accounting/Budgeting support
- Prepare various book of business reports
- Review and organize agency contracts
- Organize and maintain confidential employee files
- Assist with the administration of company benefits
- Perform related duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of experience in an executive level administrative support or the equivalent of education and work experience, preferably with a finance related degree
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication & grammatical skills
- Strong Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, email, Internet and Adobe Acrobat (Applied experience is helpful)
- Accounting experience to include Accounts Receivable/Payable, Payroll processing, Financial Reporting
- Broad range of office administration experience including basic HR experience, facilities management, marketing, special projects
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost of discretion
- Ability to work independently of continuous supervision and achieve a high-level product within requested time constraints
- A positive outlook and desire to learn and grow with us
Ahern Insurance Brokerage offers a great benefits package including medical and dental plan, life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid vacation.
Please submit resume along with a cover letter containing your name, contact information (address, telephone number, and email), the position for which you are applying, and your minimum acceptable salary.
Visit our website at www.aherninsurance.com to learn more about us.