Ahern Rentals Employee Reviews in United States

having cookouts
mechanic class b (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 10, 2016
I enjoy working with ahern rental. a lot of great people and we all enjoy helping each other out. hardest about my job is when parts don't come off easy and takes time to get out due to being in a small place. im always learning new things everyday. and im a fast learner. but I cant afford my house with their pay rate. that's the only down fall.
Pros
free lunches and great people
Cons
health benifits and pay
Extremely productive enviroment, unfortunate memebers of management
INSIDE SALES REPRESANTATIVE / COUNTER CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2016
Hard working co workers, a variety of customers, and an extremely fast paced and high effeciency work enviroment make this an excellent and extremely interesting place to work! Unfortunate aspects include, a few ill placed authoritive positions and a small group of managers.
Pros
AWESOME CUSTOMERS AND LOYAL CO WORKERS
Cons
MANAGEMENT TEAM
Poor
sales (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 26, 2016
Poor quality all the way around. this is supposed to be a family owned company and the worry about is filling up their pockets with cash. the management does not take care of the customer or the employees.
Management needs improvement
Aerial Lift Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 9, 2015
Favoritism is a major problem in management. No matter how fast you work they will still complain. The managers friends can get away with anything. NO sick or personal time. Frowned upon if you need to take a personal day while management takes days off randomly to do needless things. Upside, co-workers are always nice people.
Pros
good pay, steady work
Cons
Greedy management, greedy CEO
Not able to grow in this company.
BHR/Yardman Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2016
Overworked and underpaid, company management alway promised to write good review but always late and when raise time came always didn't receive what promised.
Great people, Don Ahern is a great person.
Sr. Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2015
I like this company, and I really like the people I work with. The benefits and pay could be much better. The culture isn't bad, and your coworkers will be cool.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Pay is too low and benefits are terrible.
good co workers,
Semi Driver (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2015
hardest part of the job was navigating San Francisco everyday. with a 51' trailer loaded with equipment. most enjoyable part was making customers happy! Ahern has a very large turn over of drivers. they will also deny your unemployment! they will also appeal your winning appeal!!!!
Pros
bbq once a month or so
Cons
cheap co.
8/10 Mostly pros for these guys, and it was only getting better.
outside sales representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 3, 2015
It was a very good experience. I was unable to continue employment with them for a few reason but would work for them again.

I would have given them higher for Job compensation/ Benefits but as of the time I was working with them they were working hard to get the benefits to be more affordable. It was a big focus of theirs and im sure they will handle it. At the time it was not attractive though. Compensation for salesman was generous for hard workers so it brought the rating up to three stars.

I was in sales so the sky is the limit as far as pay. Your paycheck was a reflection of your hard work.

People who quit here did due to poor job performance and not making the link between their work ethic and the size of their paychecks. Strictly speaking from a Salesman perspective.

Met Don Ahern and was very impressed with him and the whole upper management team in Vegas. This company will continue to grow and produce new products in the construction industry through Xtreme Manufacturing and Snorkel Global.

Ratings on job security and culture would have been higher but it would not let me give them 5 stars.
Pros
Family Culture, pay for salesman
Cons
Health Insurance
team players just like family
Construction-Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 8, 2015
New manager's still learning, fun place to work. The only place that I know of that has a ice-cream truck that comes at break and a tamale man that comes in the morning. Three tool trucks come every week MAC Snap-On and Matco.
Pros
everyone gets along
Cons
If you make a mistake look out everyone will find out and then the story get turned around
Fast Pace and lot of over time
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2015
Company does not offer sick pay or accrue vacation. Your vacation is pay out once a year for 1 week on your Anniversary, when you work 50 + hours and half your Saturdays i think the vacation could be better among other things.
Pros
lunch and breaks are taken at the same time no exception
Cons
supervisors need to be better trained
Typical Day
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2015
Enjoyed co-worker interaction, sharing my knowledge with them and learning new tricks...hints from them.
Most enjoyable part of the day...most definitely interaction with customers that could call or email me anytime and know their needs and concerns would be taken care of.
Pros
break area allowing all departments in building to it interact
Cons
short lunch periods. hard for advancement
a nice place to work
Evening Shift Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  upper marlboro,mdApril 27, 2015
worked on equipment that they rented out. did maintenance on the on company trucks when needed. follow workers were great to work with.
Pros
some fridays had lunch for the employees mostly daytime shift
Cons
management needs to treat employees better
Ahern was a fair place to work but neds much improvement
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 16, 2015
The company started out as a good place to be employed but as time went by the people they were putting in place in key roles were not suited for the positions they were being put in. Management got extremely hard to work for in my region.
Great co-wokers, horribal management!
security officer (Former Employee) –  las vegasJune 15, 2014
I have met some amazing people working for ahern but the security department is micro-managed beyond belief! If your looking at a job in security, STAY AWAY FROM AHERN RENTALS! The pay is horribal and is ran buy two former police officers who seem to be reliving their glory days in turing this place into a police department. Both are absolutely clueless when it comes to dealing with security personal. JUST STAY AWAY!
Pros
great co-wokers, easy job
Cons
management, no pto, low pay, micro-managed
Always looking over your Shoulder
Sales (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 7, 2014
The Upper Management at the Corporate office is filled with idiots that have no idea what they are doing including the Owner and his Son who is now running the business. They have limited resources and funding due to money issues with a recent bankruptcy. I would advise to stay away.
Pros
my local support staff was excellent
Cons
limited or no corporate support or backing, high turnover, limited capex and funding
High paced and a lot available to learn
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2012
I am very thankful for the opportunity to work for Ahern Rentals. I took with me the knowledge of what it takes to work in a high volume accounts receivable department. As far as Ahern as a family owned company I feel they recognized their employees were working long hours and with little resources and they did what they could to show the appreciation. That means a lot to a hard working employee.
Pros
available knowlege
Cons
the future of the company
In the summer we had BAR-Q on fridays.
Equipment Rental Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 26, 2013
It always was a place that I wanted to be at.My first run was usually a delivery,with two or three stops.I always was moven and staying bussy.My knowledge of equipment,after eight & half years is at a experience level.Management and co-workers were professional good to work with.Dealing with traffic on delivery or pick ups,was very diffacult.There was no wear to park the truck,or leave equipment.Long drives to monterey and carmel were my favorite.The drive rout was safe and at a stright shot, to and from.
Pros
10:00 am shift was the best.i still had a personal life.
Cons
2:00 am shift was the worse thing.you had know personal life.
Petty, highly confrontational, office polatics
Outside Sales & Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2013
I would not return there under any foreseeable reason. Poorly managed, frequently violate corporate policy , willing to place employees in compromising positions in violation of policies.
Pros
they are a good company to work for on the west coast, a whole different company on the east coast.
Cons
frequent long hours with little or no advanced notice. petty office politics
Excellent team work enviroment
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, Ca.June 26, 2014
There is always work no matter the weather conditions. I have learned a lot about the rental business. Management always make themselves available to hear any concerns. All co-works get along in the work place.. The hardest part of the job would have to be looking for equipment on large job sites.. the most enjoyable part would have to be training the new drivers..
Great work place
Yard Attendant/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJune 20, 2015
I enjoyed the hard work and the great coworkers. I would go back to work for Ahern any time. It was a great work experience.

2.8