Ahern Rentals

Ahern Rentals Employee Reviews

team players just like family
Construction-Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: everyone gets along
Cons: If you make a mistake look out everyone will find out and then the story get turned around
New manager's still learning, fun place to work. The only place that I know of that has a ice-cream truck that comes at break and a tamale man that comes in the morning. Three tool trucks come every week MAC Snap-On and Matco.
Fast Pace and lot of over time
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2015
Pros: lunch and breaks are taken at the same time no exception
Cons: supervisors need to be better trained
Company does not offer sick pay or accrue vacation. Your vacation is pay out once a year for 1 week on your Anniversary, when you work 50 + hours and half your Saturdays i think the vacation could be better among other things.
Ahern was a fair place to work but neds much improvement
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 16, 2015
The company started out as a good place to be employed but as time went by the people they were putting in place in key roles were not suited for the positions they were being put in. Management got extremely hard to work for in my region.
Typical Day
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: break area allowing all departments in building to it interact
Cons: short lunch periods. hard for advancement
Enjoyed co-worker interaction, sharing my knowledge with them and learning new tricks...hints from them.
Most enjoyable part of the day...most definitely interaction with customers that could call or email me anytime and know their needs and concerns would be taken care of.
fast paced, fun work environment
Customer Service, dispatch (Former Employee), Pacoima, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great staff, good industry, set schedule
Cons: management process needs to be found and put in place
great place to work, not sure what upper management is doing in the branch, mostly causing confusion. great short job I loved the industry
Company Layoff
Yardman (Former Employee), McKinney, TXDecember 8, 2014
I learned how to change oil and about the equipment on a daily basis.
Coworkers were great to work with daily.
productive fun place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks health care room to advance
Cons: if its slow the lay off
My typical day would be to test machine and equipment and get it ready to rent.I have learned how to work on tractors forklifts and trouble shoot the equipment.The co workers were all very nice to work with and helpful.
Stay away from Kansas City kansas
Field mechanic (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSNovember 22, 2014
Cons: everything
Manager is a token for upper manager and service manager needs to get back on his meds. Let's just say personality disorder. Most employees stand around while overtime is still mandatory no matter what, they just want you there even if there is nothing to do
Hard work, fast pace, year round employment, rewarding
Transport Driver/Mechanic/ Shop Foreman (Current Employee), Cedar City, UTNovember 9, 2014
Pros: year round work, fast pace, advancement, overtime
Cons: small raises, managment control issues
great working with customers, co-workers great to work with, love working at Ahern
Good company to work for. Just no time to spend your money
Counter/Driver (Former Employee), Irving TxAugust 3, 2014
Pros: pay was great but benefits need improvement.
Cons: long hours unless you work in the office.
Great company just a lot of hours as a driver. day starts at 5am and easily goes 12-14 hrs 5 days a week. Management has their days as does any company but if you know and just do your job, they pretty much leave you alone.
Good team employees
Mechanic,Maintenance and Repair Worker, General (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAJuly 11, 2014
It was a good place to work at . Had good employees that had great team skills . I learned how to work on and maintaine working on heavy duty equitment
100% commission job
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2014
cold calling on jobsites and owners of companies. sales is a customer relationship type of business.
Excellent team work enviroment
Class A Driver (Current Employee), La Mirada, Ca.June 26, 2014
There is always work no matter the weather conditions. I have learned a lot about the rental business. Management always make themselves available to hear any concerns. All co-works get along in the work place.. The hardest part of the job would have to be looking for equipment on large job sites.. the most enjoyable part would have to be training the new drivers..
Great co-wokers, horribal management!
security officer (Former Employee), las vegasJune 15, 2014
Pros: great co-wokers, easy job
Cons: management, no pto, low pay, micro-managed
I have met some amazing people working for ahern but the security department is micro-managed beyond belief! If your looking at a job in security, STAY AWAY FROM AHERN RENTALS! The pay is horribal and is ran buy two former police officers who seem to be reliving their glory days in turing this place into a police department. Both are absolutely clueless when it comes to dealing with security personal. JUST STAY AWAY!
Great company with driving force.
Purchasing / Equipment Research (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NV 89106June 5, 2014
Great management & co-workers. Attention to detail, follow through with resolution.
Chanllenging and ever changing environment
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 16, 2014
Cons: little support
Call on existing customer with adding in new potential customers on jobsite visits and offices.
Always looking over your Shoulder
Sales (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 7, 2014
Pros: my local support staff was excellent
Cons: limited or no corporate support or backing, high turnover, limited capex and funding
The Upper Management at the Corporate office is filled with idiots that have no idea what they are doing including the Owner and his Son who is now running the business. They have limited resources and funding due to money issues with a recent bankruptcy. I would advise to stay away.
Great company
Driver (Former Employee), Mckinney, TexasMarch 26, 2014
I like working for this company. The people there were easy to get along with.
Horrible experience
Administration (Current Employee), NevadaFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: everything
I have never worked for such a place in my life and hope to never again . Terrible management which is the problem, might be a decent company to work for but would never know because of the way they run the office. They paid okay for the area but benefits are a joke , why bother. Working there is the worst mistake i have ever made.
IT WAS A JOB, NOT A CAREER.
Credit Specialist/Collections (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2013
Though I enjoyed working for Ahern, it wasn't exciting and many times they would skimp out of giving the employees their bonuses. The health benefits are so terrible that we paid a 6k deductible making it pointless to pay a premium out of our checks. It cost more money to work there, than they actually paid us. It isn't a career choice, that's for sure.

1 2 3