Ahern Rentals Employee Reviews

very busy and fast pace.
Legal Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2017
the company is ever changing and improving with innovated equipment for various construction projects, fast paced and there are many learning opportunities for ambitious individuals.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
not many
Rental Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 6, 2017
Commission based position. Tools are provided to assist you in ongoing as well as upcoming projects in your area of responsibility. Strong sales team and leadership.
Pros
Building relationships.
Cons
Straight commission.
Poor Management
Service Writer/Field Service Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2017
Impossible expectations set by poor management. High emplyee turnover. It doesn't matter how hard you work or how good you are at your job, it will never be good enough.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No sick leave
Great Place to Work, not great benefits
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2017
The company is a great place to work, however their benefits aren't very good. Also, it seems they are stuck in old ways and not interested in process improvement initiatives.
Pros
Good Hours, Good People
Benefits
good place to learn talkative actions
counter/dispatch (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 20, 2017
a good place to learn to interact and talk to people and find equipment they may need and got a lot off practice on multi tasking and remember things to come to make rentals work out for the company
Pros
being like my own boss
Cons
not so many hours
tech
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 11, 2017
horrible company to work for they shorted my hours every week, and only when i was fed up with constantly being on call all hours of the night even after working a 12 hr shift no lunch or breaks. I quit and wrote the head of HR and CEO and my whole store staff and proved the were shorting many of my over time hours did they cut me a check to shut me up so i would not sue
Good place to work for a motivated individual
Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2017
Good management, good training and support. Plenty of resources. Good pay and friendly competitive coworkers. Good communication between all departments.
Terrible.
employees and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89106April 25, 2017
Typical day at BHR includes not talking, not moving, and having a manager and her side kick talk behind your back. Worst job I've ever had. This store has a higher turnover rate than a retail store in a shopping mall. The manager is so blind on how much of a bleep she is, its pathetic. I learned absolutely nothing in 10 months. I could go on and on about this place, I'd rather not bring up any more memories of this bleep hole.
My experience workinmg for A-hern
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CAApril 19, 2017
Working for A-hern Equipment Rental was one of the best working experience I've ever had, people with sense of urgency, source full, very high quality machines, very good delivery time ,
Friendly
Truck Driver/Shop Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
Drivers were always asked to make sure loads were secured and safety was a priority. Friendly management. Management make sure drivers had a necessary equipment and tools to make the drivers week go by smooth.
Fast Paced workplace with awesome people!
Inside sales rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2017
Overall working at Ahern Rentals was a good experience, the relationships I built with the people around me were amazing and the job was fairly easy for definitely keeps you busy
Team Environment
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2017
Very relaxed, non stressful work place. Excellent Management, Employees are the greatest asset. There is a lot of heavy machinery, and lots of employees crossing paths.
Cons
great schedule and hours of operation
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2017
I would not highly recommend this company, high turn over and uncomfortable environment. Manager favors specific employees. Company needs new management team members and really appreciate their employees more
Pros
snack bar and break room
Cons
higher management favors specific employees
A company that is about TEAMWORK
Service Manager/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 3, 2017
Ahern was a great place to work and pride themselves on teamwork. The benefits are sub par and salaries are below industry standards.
Family type of place
driver (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CADecember 8, 2016
Pros: great work environment and great management. Newer trucks and even newer equipment.
Cons: benefits. the insurance is a joke and the bare minimum.
A very strict and one sided point system that would trip up even the best employee.
Fine job
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2016
The benefits are pretty minimal. Health insurance is really just a credit. Paid time off is also just a credit. The work itself is fine. The management is lax, which means that if someone isn't doing their job, no one really addresses it. But they mostly let you do your job.
Ahern
CLASS A CDL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2016
Company is reasonable in work. Benefits are available. I had good co-workers. Made deliveries and pick ups throughout the day. There is no personal time, and only given a check for vacation.
Good hard working environment
Parts & Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
Long hours which make it available to receive a good wage. Company pushes hard to get business while staying atop the competitors.management can be pushy due to rentals. Everyone there works hard to get the job done. best part is getting the rental to the customer.
Pros
dental, vision, and hours.
Cons
can be stressful.
Always have to be on your toes looking for potential leads, never take a break!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73179November 6, 2016
I worked for Ahern for almost two years and during that time I met some really incredible people and made some good memories. I loved the management and all the people I worked with, however, you have to love sales and it has got to be your thing because it is an up and down kind of job, for sure!
good company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2016
great company really enjoyed working their very flexible on time off and vacation days they always have work available even if its slow
Pros
great company
Cons
pay