Ahern Rentals Employee Reviews

Fast paced always new challenges.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Competitive wages. Don't have very good benefits. I look forward to coming to work every morning. Always new challenges waiting for me.
Pros
Competitive wages. Family oriented
Cons
Benifits
Fun and family oriented
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaSeptember 23, 2017
Family first culture is a huge part of the company's success. Communication with employees is the best I've seen anywhere. Great equipment, new delivery trucks, awesome employees. Support from upper management is unbelievable, especially given the size of the company.
Pros
Great management, benefits and work environment
Cons
It's a shame for the folks that don't realize how good they have it
Great Place
Construction supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2017
long hours but very rewarding at the end of day. hard work very demanding job duties changed everyday depending on what work requests needed to be completed
okay place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAAugust 14, 2017
Great people and plenty of work, I wish I could get some time for when I needed it and get off at better times but have to do what we have to do. Great pay
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
over time can be a little too much
great learning enviroment, excellent bosses.
high reach mechanic (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 7, 2017
all high reach repairs in man lifts and scissor lifts, repairs in all varieties of heavy equipment, preventative maintenance on all types of equipment, wash bay. computer work, opening/ closing work orders, field service work, customer work. am on time if not early every day, work 12-14 hours a day.
Pros
great people, good pay. good learning environment
Cons
hours being cut
Plenty of experience
High Reach Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2017
Good job. You get plenty of experience. Most places is fast paced. Although some repairs are made too hastily and could use more attention. Management is pretty good. Upper management tend to use the buddy system to much.
Family like environment
Financial Analyst, Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  1401 Mineral Ave Las Vegas NVJuly 21, 2017
The employees are friendly and hard working. Everyone enjoys coming to work each day. It is business casual, jeans, no suits. the work is hard but everyone is willing to teach the others what they need to know to do their jobs. Most management is helpful, willing to assist with work flow when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other employees. The hardest part of the job is trying to move around or move up in the company.
Ever Changing Role
Wash/Rack Yardman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 20, 2017
The company is great, in theory, however the execution of lesser roles is constantly evolving into a role that no one wants. The wash/rack yardman position is less about the yard and more about performing tasks that no one wants to do themselves.
Pros
Outdoors, Stable Hours
Cons
Most of it.
very busy and fast pace.
Legal Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2017
the company is ever changing and improving with innovated equipment for various construction projects, fast paced and there are many learning opportunities for ambitious individuals.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
not many
Great people to work with but below average salary
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
Love working with the people here. Great team of individuals and good culture. Value brought to company as individual employee is not reflected in the amount of compensation received.
Work Home Balance
Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 10, 2017
No person here can have a home life balance. There are only 5 holidays a year that are paid and if you are an hourly employee you are expected to be here when everyone else is not, mainly all of the salary employed persons. You get no PTO, NO Good Insurance, and way under paid to wear the many hats that are expected to be worn.
Pros
Air Conditioned facility
Cons
if you have a large vehicle you have to park in the dirt not the regular parking lot!
Rental Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 6, 2017
Commission based position. Tools are provided to assist you in ongoing as well as upcoming projects in your area of responsibility. Strong sales team and leadership.
Pros
Building relationships.
Cons
Straight commission.
Poor Management
Service Writer/Field Service Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2017
Impossible expectations set by poor management. High emplyee turnover. It doesn't matter how hard you work or how good you are at your job, it will never be good enough.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No sick leave
Great Place to Work, not great benefits
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2017
The company is a great place to work, however their benefits aren't very good. Also, it seems they are stuck in old ways and not interested in process improvement initiatives.
Pros
Good Hours, Good People
Benefits
Terrible place to work
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CAJune 15, 2017
Future/soon to be employee watch out! They have horrible and expensive benefits, no loyalty to employees what so ever. Looking for a short term job go for it but if you are looking for long term with good benefits I wouldn't apply. Management is some of the worst I've worked for.
Pros
Free bbq once every blue moon
Cons
Managment, benefits
good place to learn talkative actions
counter/dispatch (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 20, 2017
a good place to learn to interact and talk to people and find equipment they may need and got a lot off practice on multi tasking and remember things to come to make rentals work out for the company
Pros
being like my own boss
Cons
not so many hours
tech
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 11, 2017
horrible company to work for they shorted my hours every week, and only when i was fed up with constantly being on call all hours of the night even after working a 12 hr shift no lunch or breaks. I quit and wrote the head of HR and CEO and my whole store staff and proved the were shorting many of my over time hours did they cut me a check to shut me up so i would not sue
Good place to work for a motivated individual
Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2017
Good management, good training and support. Plenty of resources. Good pay and friendly competitive coworkers. Good communication between all departments.
Terrible.
employees and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89106April 25, 2017
Typical day at BHR includes not talking, not moving, and having a manager and her side kick talk behind your back. Worst job I've ever had. This store has a higher turnover rate than a retail store in a shopping mall. The manager is so blind on how much of a bleep she is, its pathetic. I learned absolutely nothing in 10 months. I could go on and on about this place, I'd rather not bring up any more memories of this bleep hole.
Fun
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2017
Fun place nice people to work with joking picking up stuff sometimes hard to find equiptment at locations and have to work late sometimes for deliveries but overall not a bad place they are high on safety and wants us to be safe more than anything else and the people who work there are some really nice people willing to help each other out if you need help
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Security