Ahern Rentals Employee Reviews

Good hard working environment
Parts & Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
Long hours which make it available to receive a good wage. Company pushes hard to get business while staying atop the competitors.management can be pushy due to rentals. Everyone there works hard to get the job done. best part is getting the rental to the customer.
Pros
dental, vision, and hours.
Cons
can be stressful.
Fine job
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2016
The benefits are pretty minimal. Health insurance is really just a credit. Paid time off is also just a credit. The work itself is fine. The management is lax, which means that if someone isn't doing their job, no one really addresses it. But they mostly let you do your job.
Family type of place
driver (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CADecember 8, 2016
Pros: great work environment and great management. Newer trucks and even newer equipment.
Cons: benefits. the insurance is a joke and the bare minimum.
A very strict and one sided point system that would trip up even the best employee.
Always have to be on your toes looking for potential leads, never take a break!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73179November 6, 2016
I worked for Ahern for almost two years and during that time I met some really incredible people and made some good memories. I loved the management and all the people I worked with, however, you have to love sales and it has got to be your thing because it is an up and down kind of job, for sure!
Ahern
CLASS A CDL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2016
Company is reasonable in work. Benefits are available. I had good co-workers. Made deliveries and pick ups throughout the day. There is no personal time, and only given a check for vacation.
A company that is about TEAMWORK
Service Manager/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 3, 2017
Ahern was a great place to work and pride themselves on teamwork. The benefits are sub par and salaries are below industry standards.
8/10 Mostly pros for these guys, and it was only getting better.
outside sales representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 3, 2015
It was a very good experience. I was unable to continue employment with them for a few reason but would work for them again.

I would have given them higher for Job compensation/ Benefits but as of the time I was working with them they were working hard to get the benefits to be more affordable. It was a big focus of theirs and im sure they will handle it. At the time it was not attractive though. Compensation for salesman was generous for hard workers so it brought the rating up to three stars.

I was in sales so the sky is the limit as far as pay. Your paycheck was a reflection of your hard work.

People who quit here did due to poor job performance and not making the link between their work ethic and the size of their paychecks. Strictly speaking from a Salesman perspective.

Met Don Ahern and was very impressed with him and the whole upper management team in Vegas. This company will continue to grow and produce new products in the construction industry through Xtreme Manufacturing and Snorkel Global.

Ratings on job security and culture would have been higher but it would not let me give them 5 stars.
Pros
Family Culture, pay for salesman
Cons
Health Insurance
Great stepping stone
General rental mechanic (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2016
Ahern has taught me a large amount of useful knowledge and allowed me to expand my experience for future career advancements .
having cookouts
mechanic class b (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 10, 2016
I enjoy working with ahern rental. a lot of great people and we all enjoy helping each other out. hardest about my job is when parts don't come off easy and takes time to get out due to being in a small place. im always learning new things everyday. and im a fast learner. but I cant afford my house with their pay rate. that's the only down fall.
Pros
free lunches and great people
Cons
health benifits and pay
Not able to grow in this company.
BHR/Yardman Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2016
Overworked and underpaid, company management alway promised to write good review but always late and when raise time came always didn't receive what promised.
Poor
sales (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 26, 2016
Poor quality all the way around. this is supposed to be a family owned company and the worry about is filling up their pockets with cash. the management does not take care of the customer or the employees.
Extremely productive enviroment, unfortunate memebers of management
INSIDE SALES REPRESANTATIVE / COUNTER CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2016
Hard working co workers, a variety of customers, and an extremely fast paced and high effeciency work enviroment make this an excellent and extremely interesting place to work! Unfortunate aspects include, a few ill placed authoritive positions and a small group of managers.
Pros
AWESOME CUSTOMERS AND LOYAL CO WORKERS
Cons
MANAGEMENT TEAM
good company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2016
great company really enjoyed working their very flexible on time off and vacation days they always have work available even if its slow
Pros
great company
Cons
pay
great family owned company
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAAugust 9, 2016
Family owned company and the work environment displays that atmosphere. obtain new customer accounts and service existing accounts for the local office and sales area. Increase equipment rental and sales revenue through quality customer service.
Great people, Don Ahern is a great person.
Sr. Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2015
I like this company, and I really like the people I work with. The benefits and pay could be much better. The culture isn't bad, and your coworkers will be cool.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Pay is too low and benefits are terrible.
Management needs improvement
Aerial Lift Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 9, 2015
Favoritism is a major problem in management. No matter how fast you work they will still complain. The managers friends can get away with anything. NO sick or personal time. Frowned upon if you need to take a personal day while management takes days off randomly to do needless things. Upside, co-workers are always nice people.
Pros
good pay, steady work
Cons
Greedy management, greedy CEO
Good company to work for. Just no time to spend your money
Counter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving TxAugust 3, 2014
Great company just a lot of hours as a driver. day starts at 5am and easily goes 12-14 hrs 5 days a week. Management has their days as does any company but if you know and just do your job, they pretty much leave you alone.
Pros
Pay was great but benefits need improvement.
Cons
Long hours unless you work in the office.
Petty, highly confrontational, office polatics
Outside Sales & Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2013
I would not return there under any foreseeable reason. Poorly managed, frequently violate corporate policy , willing to place employees in compromising positions in violation of policies.
Pros
they are a good company to work for on the west coast, a whole different company on the east coast.
Cons
frequent long hours with little or no advanced notice. petty office politics
It was a job, not a career.
Credit Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2013
Though I enjoyed working for Ahern, it wasn't exciting and many times they would skimp out of giving the employees their bonuses. The health benefits are so terrible that we paid a 6k deductible making it pointless to pay a premium out of our checks. It cost more money to work there, than they actually paid us. It isn't a career choice, that's for sure.
Horrible experience
Administration (Current Employee) –  NevadaFebruary 26, 2014
I have never worked for such a place in my life and hope to never again . Terrible management which is the problem, might be a decent company to work for but would never know because of the way they run the office. They paid okay for the area but benefits are a joke , why bother. Working there is the worst mistake i have ever made.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ahern Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8