Ahold USA Employee Reviews

Ahold USA (parent company of Stop & Shop Corporation)
Legal Assistant - Real Estate Law Dept (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 22, 2015
I was employed at the Stop & Shop Support Headquarters, in the Real Estate Law Department, with daily interface with the Real Estate Development staff and executives. I assisted the Vice President of Real Estate Law and 4 other attorneys that created, negotiated and executed numerous commercial real estate leases and licenses where Stop and Shop is either the Landlord or the Tenant in hundreds of locations over 9 U.S. states. and multiple store banners.

I learned and grew personally and professionally in the areas of Commercial Real Estate and Law (generally) and the world of grocery stores.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and People
Cons
History of Layoffs (about every 5 years)
Professional work ethics. Very high standards. Our team of techs consistently outperformed all other IT field support divisions.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 11, 2015
Techs were provided with vans and extensive inventory. Working from home, we were on the road all day servicing over 200 Giant Food grocery stores in the Mid-Atlantic region. Tech support was very good and the experience level of all techs averaged at least 10 years. The most enjoyable part for me was learning new technology and equipment.

The only complaint I have is the way management downsized many employees company wide this year. A lot of good employees lost their jobs. Through no fault of our own we were laid off.
Overall, I can say I am proud to have worked for a well organized professional company and I hope to find employment with another company with similar high standards
Pros
Good pay, company van, excellent benefits and 401k. Up to date technology
Cons
on-call shift every other week
Productive environment and employee focused.
Manager, Company Intranet (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PANovember 1, 2015
The organization is supportive and focused on three key concepts:
1. Creating a better place to work.
2. Creating a better place to shop.
3. Being a better neighbor.

These ideologies were the foundation of an ongoing successful culture for employees, customers, and their communities.
Pros
Great Culture, incredible benefits, and solid work experience.
Cons
Competitive compensation and wonderful coworkers
Administrator Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 9, 2015
Ahold USA offered a competitive compensation and benefits package. The co-workers that i had the pleasure of working with acted always as a team which made for an enjoyable work day even during a heavy workload.
Flexible work environment
Competitive Surveys Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 17, 2015
Started working here part time while I raised my children. The company was very flexible with my work hours which assisted me in process of being available to my children when needed.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Long commute
Typical large company
Targeted Email and Direct Mail Execution (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 20, 2015
Large retailer with several corporate locations. Went through several reorganizations over the last 6 years. Average to below average pay. Good coworkers but senior management has no clue.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
No job security
Great Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 15, 2016
Wonderful place to work. The pay & people are great. You gain a lot of knowledge & experience. There is so much room for advancement
Long hours, low pay, little support, lousy management
Technical Support -Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 4, 2013
If you like to work hard, receive sub-standard pay, and get little recognition for a job well done then this is the place for you. Work/life balance is a joke unless you consider your life as work, then you will fit right in. Communication is almost non-existent at this place despite everyone having both company provided cell phones and laptops. Disorganization reigns supreme. HR policies are stuck in the past.
Pros
benefits were above average
Cons
long hours, low pay, anemic management
workplace is fine, management could be more supportive, benefits good,
deli clerk (Current Employee) –  midlothian,va.July 10, 2015
Very busy store with something to do at all times. Management could be more supportive to all staff, not just to their favorites. I have learned how to work with the public, and to have patience with all customers. Coworkers that are young here are just there to have a job until they find something better or finish school. The hardest part of the job is coming to work, and find out that people didn't show up and you are short handed, and customers that get upset with you for waiting to be waited on.
Pros
get vacation time paid
Cons
Management that has their favorites and don't recognize workers that do work hard
fast growing corporation
Data Mining Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day is very busy. Management has a high turn over. Fellow associates are great to work with. Customer's keep the company going strong.
Pros
our brands samples, excellent benefits
Cons
no room for advancement with no college degree
Vice President of Cost & Capital Efficiency (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PANovember 26, 2014
A good place to work and advance your career. They work hard to be very competitive and to attract and retain top people.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
powerpoint madness
Overall good place to work.
Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  Carlisle PASeptember 13, 2015
Overall good place to work.. People are friendly and willing to help each other..

One downfall is as with most corporations today, job security is an issue with constant changes, mergers, and downsizing..
Pros
Friendly, people generally work together very well..
Cons
job security, very small work stations with no privacy, very difficulty to talk on the phone, to much noise!
Productive Work place
Retail Support Analyst (Promoted) (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMay 7, 2014
My job at Ahold was very productive and fun at times. I enjoy working with my co-workers and managers. Ahold is a very good company to work for. They have charity events and fun raisers for kids.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 5, 2015
A typical day for me was checking my calls early in the morning, going to client location, resolve client's computer problem. Management and co-workers were a joy to work with, and ill have to said the most enjoyable part of my day was going out and meeting an eclectic group of clients.
Skip this company. They are trying to get sold.
Sourcing Analyst - Own Brands (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 18, 2015
My group was a good work to with. The place is not very stable right now (2015). Hundreds being laid off or asked to early retire. News reports indicate a possible merger with Food Lion.

I would be reluctant to take a job there again as office location may be moving out of state.
Decent place to work
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 12, 2015
Great people and busy work environment. Interesting work. Good location. Crowded office. Needs more space. Would recommend working here. Thanks.
Ahold - Demand Forecast Anayst
Retail Demand Forecast Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 31, 2014
Highly analytical job requiring analysis of various aspects including sales, previous turn forecasts, predicted movement in order to forecast products pulling from the distribution center to the stores. In addition working on prototype of RDF system developed by the demand forecast team by an outside company. Completeing allocations based upon historical demand. Working on various projects to increase profits within the grocery and hbc/gm departments.
Pros
ample autonomy, learning through trial and error in test environment
Cons
hard to move up, especially within team
One of the best company worked for.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2015
Joined the company when it was about to acquired other companies.

It was a challenging and exciting time to analyze prospective targets.

My boss, although very tough and demanding was a fair and a true gentleman.
Very challenging place to work .very high energy fast pace days.
Buyer/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 11, 2014
Again I am not at this position any more. I am working part time for a local supermarket Company in Merchandising.

Right now I am only looking to Caddy at a Top Notch Golf facility in either Florida or California for the months of January, February and March.

I am a very experienced Caddy and now Caddy here in the Boston area for two very exclusive Golf Clubs form April through November.
Pros
great people to work for. very rewarding job.
Cons
hours can be long but that is part of the postion in being a buyer/merchandiser.
Fast working Retail Enviroment
Merchandising and Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York MetroMay 20, 2015
Overall great company to work for. Been working there since I was 16. I have learned a lot through different positions in the company for last 14 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ahold USA. Our community is ready to answer.