Ahold USA Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAAugust 12, 2015
Great people and busy work environment. Interesting work. Good location. Crowded office. Needs more space. Would recommend working here. Thanks.
Professional work ethics. Very high standards. Our team of techs consistently outperformed all other IT field support divisions.
Field Engineer (Former Employee), MarylandAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Good pay, company van, excellent benefits and 401k. Up to date technology
Cons: on-call shift every other week
Techs were provided with vans and extensive inventory. Working from home, we were on the road all day servicing over 200 Giant Food grocery stores in the Mid-Atlantic region. Tech support was very good and the experience level of all techs averaged at least 10 years. The most enjoyable part for me was learning new technology and equipment.

The only complaint I have is the way management downsized many employees company wide this year. A lot of good employees lost their jobs. Through no fault of our own we were laid off.
Overall, I can say I am proud to have worked for a well organized professional company and I hope to find employment with another company with similar high standards
workplace is fine, management could be more supportive, benefits good,
deli clerk (Current Employee), midlothian,va.July 10, 2015
Pros: get vacation time paid
Cons: Management that has their favorites and don't recognize workers that do work hard
Very busy store with something to do at all times. Management could be more supportive to all staff, not just to their favorites. I have learned how to work with the public, and to have patience with all customers. Coworkers that are young here are just there to have a job until they find something better or finish school. The hardest part of the job is coming to work, and find out that people didn't show up and you are short handed, and customers that get upset with you for waiting to be waited on.
Typical large company
Targeted Email and Direct Mail Execution (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: No job security
Large retailer with several corporate locations. Went through several reorganizations over the last 6 years. Average to below average pay. Good coworkers but senior management has no clue.
Skip this company. They are trying to get sold.
Sourcing Analyst - Own Brands (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJune 18, 2015
My group was a good work to with. The place is not very stable right now (2015). Hundreds being laid off or asked to early retire. News reports indicate a possible merger with Food Lion.

I would be reluctant to take a job there again as office location may be moving out of state.
One of the best company worked for.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 9, 2015
Joined the company when it was about to acquired other companies.

It was a challenging and exciting time to analyze prospective targets.

My boss, although very tough and demanding was a fair and a true gentleman.
Fast working Retail Enviroment
Merchandising and Communication Specialist (Current Employee), New York MetroMay 20, 2015
Overall great company to work for. Been working there since I was 16. I have learned a lot through different positions in the company for last 14 years.
Family oriented
Asset Protection Detective (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJApril 27, 2015
Great place to work. Very up-front and outgoing managers. Always looking for better ways to improve employees training as well as making a great place to shop.
Great work life balance. Benefits are excellent. Fast paced, challenging work load. Fun and Friendly work associates.
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Typical day includes project check points, review of prior days activities, interview business for requirements, and work as a team at all times. Great team atmosphere and all associates are willing to assist, take challenges and get things done correctly.
Retail Support environment
Help Desk Analyst II (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Professional. Responsible for all daily operations within Giant, Stop & Shop retail stores. Troubleshoot all issues including hardware and software.
fast growing corporation
Data Mining Coordinator (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: our brands samples, excellent benefits
Cons: no room for advancement with no college degree
A typical day is very busy. Management has a high turn over. Fellow associates are great to work with. Customer's keep the company going strong.
Very challenging place to work .very high energy fast pace days.
Buyer/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Quincy, MADecember 11, 2014
Pros: great people to work for. very rewarding job.
Cons: hours can be long but that is part of the postion in being a buyer/merchandiser.
Again I am not at this position any more. I am working part time for a local supermarket Company in Merchandising.

Right now I am only looking to Caddy at a Top Notch Golf facility in either Florida or California for the months of January, February and March.

I am a very experienced Caddy and now Caddy here in the Boston area for two very exclusive Golf Clubs form April through November.
Vice President of Cost & Capital Efficiency (Former Employee), Carlisle, PANovember 26, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: powerpoint madness
A good place to work and advance your career. They work hard to be very competitive and to attract and retain top people.
Ahold - Demand Forecast Anayst
Retail Demand Forecast Analyst (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: ample autonomy, learning through trial and error in test environment
Cons: hard to move up, especially within team
Highly analytical job requiring analysis of various aspects including sales, previous turn forecasts, predicted movement in order to forecast products pulling from the distribution center to the stores. In addition working on prototype of RDF system developed by the demand forecast team by an outside company. Completeing allocations based upon historical demand. Working on various projects to increase profits within the grocery and hbc/gm departments.
Excellent place to work
Contracted by US Tech Solutions (Current Employee), Carlisle, PASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: people, type of work
Cons: temporary
Hired as a temporary associate and a hiring freeze was implemented.
they were okay
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 2, 2014
they were a good company to work for as well, they took good care of they people.
Productive and fast-paced environment.
Promo Pricing Administrator (Current Employee), Carlise, PAJuly 13, 2014
While Ahold USA is a great company to work for, I am just looking for greener pastures and a new view on the workforce.
Productive Work place
Retail Support Analyst (Promoted) (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 7, 2014
My job at Ahold was very productive and fun at times. I enjoy working with my co-workers and managers. Ahold is a very good company to work for. They have charity events and fun raisers for kids.
It's okay
Associate (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAApril 29, 2014
An okay place to work if you can't find anything better and are in college or high school.
progressive, focused on improvement & growth
Manager - Tenant Receivables (current) (Current Employee), Carlisle, PADecember 8, 2013
Pleasant & professional work environment, focused on getting better every day without sacrificing customer (whether internal or external)service.