AHRC New York City

AHRC New York City Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 23, 2015
its a great company to work for and to gain experience that you could use in your every day life. the clients are so amazing
DSP (Direct Support Professional) Substitute (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2015
Cons: No breaks or lunch breaks.
Working here is okay. I help the individuals with any needs they have. take them on recreations. I also interact with the individuals. play games and have conversations with them.
Dull
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Washingtonville, NYJune 19, 2015
Slow pace. Similar to caring for children between the ages of 2 and 10. Mentally draining some days. Some days the easiest job in the world.
A warm enviorment
DSP (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2015
When I first starting working with AHRC it was a very nice place to work. As years went by they started taking back a lot of things from the staff. We are still waiting on our raise that was promised since April. I like my job, but I just hope things get better for the staff and not worst. But a typical day at wok is good ,I learned a lot working with AHRC especially the trainings. My manager is a very lovely person, and my assistance. my co- workers are nice as well.
very hard work for not enough pay
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 4, 2015
Pros: astablished relationships with the consumers
Cons: severely understaffed, strenuous work, not enough pay
I loved the consumers but the work is very strenuous and time consuming. we where constantly under staff and our complaints where NEVER adressed. The most enjoyable part of the Job will be the relationship you will develop with the consumers, they are great people.
great job sucky pay
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Queens, NYMay 30, 2015
Pros: a lot of downtime on the overnight positions if you're a student and need to study
Cons: coworkers trying to navigate and get along with so many different personalities
The work we do here is awesome Although the pay sucks it's ok because it's a known fact that these jobs' salaries rarely match the responsibilities. The job would be awesome all around if it wasn't for the coworkers but... otherwise it's cool place to work
Great Work atmosphere
Job Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: N/A
AHRC is very professional and the management was A+. The benefits are super excellent! No other non-profit has matched their benefit package
Great environment Happy fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Wantagh New YorkMay 13, 2015
Helped disabled adults at the Wantagh Bowling Alley – serving them food and drinks and helping them bowl
Chaperoned dances, helping to serve the food and drinks
Helped to move wheel chair bound adults in and out of misc functions
Entertained them at misc functions
GREAT ENVIRONMENT
ASSISTANT LEADER (Former Employee), NEW YORKMay 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: short breaks
Management At AHRC is Flexible and kind. Children are Beautiful. Staff Is Friendly. There is an abundance of opportunities within the company.
good place to work if you care for others
dsp (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: co workers
helping individuals to do daily routine
take individuals to medical appointments
administrate medication
support with shower and cleaning
manageable hours
overtime
i enjoy seeing the individual happy when they get the help and support they need.
Assisting individuals with developmetal delays with activities of everyday living
Direct Support (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
I assist with laundry mel preparation and supervision out in the community. i accompany certain individuals on medical appointments
individual were nice
Developmental Support Professional/ Driver(DSP) (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free dinner
Cons: no break
Provide services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in accordance with residential habilitation plan/ plan of care to enhance the quality of life. Service as an advocate for the wants, needs, and rights of the individual.
management doesn't understand autism
CSP (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 5, 2015
Pros: short days, good experience with people with disabilities
Cons: no support
Most of the people you work with have autism but there aren't any appropriate supports for them. They people with autism end up just wandering around or you're pressured to take them outside even though they have high-risk behaviors. There aren't any psychologists or social workers or anyone like that to help you. It's a lot of responsibility with very little support.
was my first real job loved the hours
maintnence worker (Former Employee), Brookville, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: got to learn from older employers
Cons: nothing
show up at work at 745 see the secretery . see the supervisor. what ever work would come in during the day we would stop what we were doing
Will be educated in how to handle individuals with cognitive disability.
Clerical IV (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: At times, this job can be relaxing.
Cons: Employees sometimes get hurt by individuals.
Needs to do a better job in salary compensation for their hard working employees, who at times get injured from some of the individuals who they caring for.
Employees who work directly with individuals, get to take them outside on a lovely day.
Great training, in learning how to handle out of control individuals.
I've had to work at seven of there facilities and I don't like the way some of the upper management treats some of the employees. There are some very good Supervisors and Directors who are very respectful to their employees, but there are some who feel they can take their frustrations out on some of the employees who are afraid to speak up.
Some of the employees who do less than others complain a lot, so if you work there you will hear a lot of that, just ignore them.
this a great job
Direct Support Professional residetial (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: they give free cpr and amap training
Cons: you are allow to cook for the guys and your self
this is a great job to have if your are in school or just want a second job they have flexable hours so they yiu can change your days at work
Daily routine.
Behavioral Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was coming to the classroom early in the morning to help them to their classrooms. I then help set up the work schedule for the day. I help the teachers organize the schedule for the day by making copies or choosing assignments for the students for the day. I reviewed material for the reading group. I then assisted student with daily exercise activities to reduce tension. I assisted with activites depending on the particular day gym, science, ela, and etc.
Fun internship
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2015
No pay, but what you learn is amazing. they train you to be able to work with adults and kids of mental dissabilities. I do not regret doing this.
Get right to it
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Old Brookville, NYMarch 9, 2015
When arrive in my workplace I automatically get started with assisting my individuals, I am either on my way to pick everyone up from work or starting dinner,
DSP
DSP (Current Employee), BohemiaMarch 8, 2015
I work as a DSP for AHRC. I tend to the needs of the those developmentally disabled adults. From driving them around, to making meals, to making sure they have everything they need for any given day

1 2 3 4 5

About AHRC New York City

AHRC New York City is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals – Read more

AHRC New York City Salaries