AHRC New York City Employee Reviews

Okay experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
Overall it was a decent experience. Non-profit life can be dull and management can be unavailable at certain times. I would not recommend to others looking to apply.
Pros
Free time
Toxic enviroment
Sr. Procurement Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
Stressful environment with no preferences and chances of moving up. The company is out of date and doesn't like change. Management is terrible and most don't have a clue on the day to day job functions.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low Salary
productive and good workplace
Assist Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2017
it's a regular work place but it's good,productive and friendly. you have a long break while the kids are in school to go eat or finish what you got to do.
Not the best company
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2017
Employees of the company were not very good at their jobs and they needed a lot of help, however when help was offered they got angry, which made for a very unpleasant work environment.
Working with developmentally disabled individuals
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Cove, NYApril 4, 2017
I have been employed with this agency for 10 years. I have grown with the agency. Several years ago I became an Assistant Manager, overseeing 15 staff, I have since then drop back down to a DSP (Direct Support Professional). I enjoy working with the individuals supporting them with their everyday lives.
Pros
Great room for advancements
Cons
Salary is to low
have none
Residential Habilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
I only get work when they needed someone for that day. I feel that is should be a full time job. Some of the work place was not clean for a person to work.
Fun Workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2017
Worked with high functioning people challenged with intellectual and developmental disabilities who came to Long Island University to find their purpose. The program provided them with life skills and tools through many activities, classes, and job search assistance. overall a great experience!
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
I work the 3-11 pm shift five days a week full time; I'm mostly house charge so I'll stock the floors before the individuals come from their program. I cook some time, shower, give medications and login community inclusions and other reports. I work with good management team, workplace has a mix culture which I like. The hardest part of the job is went I'm only work with one staff or substitute within a 3 floors residence. I most enjoy my shift schedule on the days we go out into the community, however I looking to improve my abilities with what I had learned.
Great company to work for.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
Upon finishing my job, instead of laying me off they found a new position for me to work at. The people and the work was great. The hours were great. We had a union, and great benefits.
Pros
Transfer to new position
Cons
Under valued.
Productive and fast paced work place
Assistant Program leader (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 11, 2017
AHRC offers great salary,staff flexible hours. This is a fun and very productive work environment. The most enjoyable part is having fun with the kids
friendly enviornment
Graduate Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 9, 2017
AHRC promotes group work and community involvement. The work enviornement is very interactive. There are a lot of communtiy outings. A typical day work involves a lot of moving around with your clients either within the program or in the communtiy.
Excellent Benefits, Horrible Pay & Mangement
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
You stay because of the benefits and the population. The people that we support are the best. You end up loving them and missing them. Senior Management is the worse they promote who they want, they are sneaky, unprofessional, lie and don't appreciate good, hard working employees. Most of the Directors become Directors because of how long they were employed and who they know. Very rarely are you promoted because of talent and knowledge of the job. They also create positions for who they want.
Pros
Working with the population, benefits and people you meet.
Cons
Overworked, low wages, Sr. Management is not knowledgeable
A comfortable work environment. exercise bikes and ping pong table
Porter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
As a person being serviced by AHRC I can say that a typical workday is not stressful and the staff gives a great deal of support
Pros
can leave early if need to
Cons
Not a very staff appreciative company to work for.
Coach (Current Employee) –  Nassau County, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Days earned for vacation are very good. The management is not fair to its direct care staff who actually are the strength of the company.
Pros
Vacation time earned
Cons
Two 15 minute breaks per day are not scheduled or encouraged by management.
Greedy workers
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
I never thought that i would be experiencing discrimination from african men, i have been bullied and treated unfairly. because of over time
Pros
good started job
Cons
disrespectful, not kind or understanding
Caring environment and family oriented
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookville, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I was employed with AHRC for 8 years and acquired several vital supervisory skills. As the manager my day consisted of ensuring all resident under my care where provided with all of there daily needs. Supervising all staff to ensure all training are maintained and kept up to date.
Pros
Able to move up quickly and learned a lot
Cons
Difficult work life balance
Great experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
I learned a lot working at AHRC. It taught me a lot about drama therapy. Before I didn't really know what Drama Therapy was but, when I got the internship, I realized how you can use drama as a means of therapy.
productive and caring workplace
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Freeport, NYFebruary 1, 2017
heart felt work place , caring environment . However , unfortunately raises are in demand and workers are under paid. We work very hard there and are not acknowledged enough .
Pros
caring
Cons
underpaid
It was a great place to work
Clerical III /Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I gained a lot of experience there additionally, I established lasting relationships with the individuals, my co-workers and the families of the individuals that I served,
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lots of change.
no comment
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJanuary 21, 2017
good benefits and room for growth and effective communication with the employer and staff. no comment . Working the overnight shift can be stressful. Working with the individual is rrewarding because you can learn so much form them. Training is a good resourceful tool form this agency.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AHRC New York City. Our community is ready to answer.