AHRC Suffolk Employee Reviews in United States

Day program
Community integration specialist (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYJuly 25, 2016
If you are thinking about applying to this agency do not work in day program, management is poor and loves to micromanage. Short staff but expects you to do everything from tolieting to working on tasks with the individuals. You will do the work for 3 people and get poor pay. I started off in the iras and when transferred to day program I got a pay cut and they took away my raise.
Pros
Hours, staff, the people we serve
Cons
No breaks, micromanaging, poor pay and moral
Fair place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYAugust 18, 2016
Staff is over work and underpaid. Higher management makes 400,000 a year and never comes into the world of direct care. Direct care staff never get raises or any incentives other than a cheap health insurance plan.
Pros
Flexible if you are in school
Cons
No raises, no appreciation, higher management doesn't care about anything other than billing and how they can get paid
From an employees perspective
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, NYJune 8, 2016
Terrible. Unorganized, to many chiefs and not enough Indians. The company needs to revamp many things considering this position means you give up your entire life to be the ICF personal slave.
Pros
Cons
No days off. Work 7 days a week. Constantly remanded
Nice Place To Work and Gain Experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  West Hampton Dunes, NY/ Mount SinaiMay 21, 2016
Overall I learned a lot working here. It is fun at times but my joy is in people who actually live there. It is rewarding at the end of the day to know you are the one to get them through their day.
enjoyable
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYMay 8, 2016
enjoyable, good benefits
good people
few raises if any
awesome population to work with
needs more funding
best part is working hands on
a lot of paperwork in certain positions
a lot of deadlines
management is decent
everyday is different
Amazing and humbling environment
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Shoreham, NYApril 16, 2016
Working for AHRC is a humbling and a learning experince,not only am i learning who my clients are as an individual but i learn a lot about myself. Management and my co-workers are wonderful and very caring. I can honestly say i enjoy coming to work.
Supportive home living for our individuals
Direct care counselor (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYApril 22, 2016
This is more than work to me, the individuals I support are like family. I love what I do with the people I get to work with and with the individuals in the houses across AHRC.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYApril 27, 2016
AHRC is a good place to work. It is a rewarding job with good benefits good hours, vacations and holidays, however, the salary is low.
AHRC Suffolk
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYApril 8, 2016
It is an okay agency. Be very careful of back stabbers. I love the individuals and their families/advocate I serve.A typical day at work is very busy.
ok
Summer Business & Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYOctober 6, 2015
An unexciting poorly run place to work. The management is in need of change and unqualified to lead anyone. Changes at the top needed.
Management has no respect for their employees
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJanuary 12, 2013
Wages are extremely low compared to other companies in the field. Employees have not received raises in years. If you ask for raise you are told by administration that you can find another job. Moral among staff has deteriorated since changes in upper management two years ago.
Cons
no increases in wages.
company moral very low, staff are over worked and under paid
manager (Former Employee) –  bohemia, nyFebruary 15, 2014
Since changes in management in past few years, there have been cut backs in every aspect of the job. Everyday demands are more and more there is no compensation or gratitude from administration. Its sad.
Pros
paid holidays if your full time, but you will definately work for it
Cons
administration does not care about the direct support profesionals
Hard job with very low salary compensation
Community Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYAugust 13, 2012
No day is typical. Working with adults with developemental disabilities and autism can be stressfull at times. I learned many new skills working there and learned to handle difficult situations. Both team and individual responsibilities are required. Most enjoyabe part of the job is making a difference in the participants lives.
Pros
hours
Cons
salary
Respectful work place
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJuly 10, 2014
Everyday is different at AHRC Suffolk. It is a great place to work and my supervisors are extremely respectful. I love interacting with my clients and I love making a difference in their lives. I enjoy the respect I receive here. I have incredible co-workers that make the job extra special. It is very hard to keep up with the changing systems and procedures at OPWDD since the system is constantly changing. That is the hardest part of my job, working with a constant changing system. Other than that, I enjoy working here and absolutely love that I can have such a great balance between work and my personal life.
Pros
respect and a lot of time off so we can have a great balance between work and personal life.
Cons
keeping up with the changing systems and procedures at opwdd.
great individuals
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  BohemiaOctober 30, 2014
there is no growth in the agency, worked there for 7 years as a direct care and I have qualifications to grow into different positions, but there is a barrier that is unknown.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no respect, no growth.
Caring staff
Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYMarch 5, 2013
Older staff that cares about the population they serve. Not really into change.
Pros
i enjoy what i do and who the population i work for.
Cons
older staff, on long island
Great place to work.
Community Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYApril 25, 2012
I work with adults who need additional care. I assist with daily life skills, eating, walking, bathroom needs.
Pros
health care
great
direct support professional (Former Employee) –  shoreham nyFebruary 12, 2014
nice people. hard to get along with sometimes. its hard. nobody there is happy

2.9