AHRC Suffolk Employee Reviews

stressfull and overworked not a happy place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, NYJuly 17, 2017
a typical day at work is exsausting stressful day I learnedhow a job could make you very resentful because of how they treat you management is very harsh and abusive and uneducated workplace is fair the staff is tolerable the hardest part of the job is the workload and mananagement the most enjoyable is doing my job and having staff praise me for doing my job
Pros
healthcare
Cons
underpaid
great company
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  East Quogue, NYJune 26, 2017
only worked there for a short time period as I relocated to florida, pay was good and the hours were great, the management there were good and helpful at all times
Pros
vacation time
Cons
no overtime
Shoreham disaster
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, NYApril 20, 2017
DON'T. Ahrc is a Great organization, but shoreham facility is a mess. Authentic , skilled leadership absent. Directors say they care but their actions say otherwise. Whole place is overflowing with too many well-compensated, incompetent do -nothings who sit in their fancy offices all day while lower management, direct care and nurses run themselves ragged for little pay taking care of things that actually matter during a shift that never ends. Lack of vital communication harms good care for the clients.
Pros
People living there
Cons
Everything else
amazing place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Centereach, NYApril 19, 2017
I enjoy working with these individuals to help them achieve goals to functon in everyday life. The bond you build with these people are amazing and unconditional. The management works very hard to teach us all the important things needed and to always work as a team.
If you are looking for a nursing career, this is NOT where you will find one.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, NYApril 12, 2017
Successful leadership is lacking. No support for nursing what so ever! A typical day there is like running a marathon, in and out of the building, across the parking lot and to other buildings to administer medications and respond to emergencies. Nurses are putting their careers at risk with these unsafe practices. Everyone is miserable unless you are one of the few favorites, then you can get away with doing nothing and it totally be overlooked, good luck to all the honest hard workers!
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, no support, horrible morale
Worst job experience
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, NYMarch 13, 2017
Shoreham ICF was the worst job experience of my career. Morale in the toilet across the board. Totally disorganized and mismanaged. Everyone is miserable and just trying to use up their pto before they quit or are let go. What they call training is a giant joke. You will be thrown to the wolves because the staffing is criminal. The majority of the company seems pretty decent but that particular location is in turmoil.
Pros
Plenty of paid time off
Cons
Everything else
Shoreham ICF
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, NYFebruary 25, 2017
Management is the worse it's ever been. Staff are overworked and underpaid. No raises. Management doesn't care about its employees at shoreham. It's pay is average but don't expect a raise every year or every five years at that. Nurses are overworked and constantly being told they have to stay late because of lack of nursing staff. There is a very high turn over rate for employees there.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Administration
not a nice place to work
Interviewed (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, NYJanuary 24, 2017
This position has been open for a very long time because this is not a very nice or professional company to work for. Low salary with a lot of responsibility. Unprofessional hire ups.
Pros
Cons
see above
Fair place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYAugust 18, 2016
Staff is over work and underpaid. Higher management makes 400,000 a year and never comes into the world of direct care. Direct care staff never get raises or any incentives other than a cheap health insurance plan.
Pros
Flexible if you are in school
Cons
No raises, no appreciation, higher management doesn't care about anything other than billing and how they can get paid
productive work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYAugust 18, 2016
I love working with the residents they are the highlight of my job. my co workers are great. I really enjoy working in a house environment. the guys I work with have taught me so much.
Pros
getting to learn with my residents
Cons
short staffed
Day program
Community integration specialist (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYJuly 25, 2016
If you are thinking about applying to this agency do not work in day program, management is poor and loves to micromanage. Short staff but expects you to do everything from tolieting to working on tasks with the individuals. You will do the work for 3 people and get poor pay. I started off in the iras and when transferred to day program I got a pay cut and they took away my raise.
Pros
Hours, staff, the people we serve
Cons
No breaks, micromanaging, poor pay and moral
From an employees perspective
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, NYJune 8, 2016
Terrible. Unorganized, to many chiefs and not enough Indians. The company needs to revamp many things considering this position means you give up your entire life to be the ICF personal slave.
Pros
Cons
No days off. Work 7 days a week. Constantly remanded
Nice Place To Work and Gain Experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  West Hampton Dunes, NY/ Mount SinaiMay 21, 2016
Overall I learned a lot working here. It is fun at times but my joy is in people who actually live there. It is rewarding at the end of the day to know you are the one to get them through their day.
enjoyable
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYMay 8, 2016
enjoyable, good benefits
good people
few raises if any
awesome population to work with
needs more funding
best part is working hands on
a lot of paperwork in certain positions
a lot of deadlines
management is decent
everyday is different
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYApril 27, 2016
AHRC is a good place to work. It is a rewarding job with good benefits good hours, vacations and holidays, however, the salary is low.
Supportive home living for our individuals
Direct care counselor (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYApril 22, 2016
This is more than work to me, the individuals I support are like family. I love what I do with the people I get to work with and with the individuals in the houses across AHRC.
Amazing and humbling environment
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Shoreham, NYApril 16, 2016
Working for AHRC is a humbling and a learning experince,not only am i learning who my clients are as an individual but i learn a lot about myself. Management and my co-workers are wonderful and very caring. I can honestly say i enjoy coming to work.
AHRC Suffolk
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYApril 8, 2016
It is an okay agency. Be very careful of back stabbers. I love the individuals and their families/advocate I serve.A typical day at work is very busy.
ok
Summer Business & Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYOctober 6, 2015
An unexciting poorly run place to work. The management is in need of change and unqualified to lead anyone. Changes at the top needed.
great individuals
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  BohemiaOctober 30, 2014
there is no growth in the agency, worked there for 7 years as a direct care and I have qualifications to grow into different positions, but there is a barrier that is unknown.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no respect, no growth.