AHRESTY Employee Reviews in United States

ok place to work nothing special though
die cast finisher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 26, 2012
a typical day for me was running a machine and filing parts for six hours. i learned team work and to take pride in your work i also learned how to deal with different types of people. management is sufficient but could use some major improvement. for the most part i loved my co workers and worked well with all of them. the hardest part of the job was the heat in the summer. the most enjoyable part was when i got to see how many parts i could run i liked working fast and getting a lot of parts out i also really enjoyed the people i worked with including my supervisor.
Pros
good benefits and payed vacations
Cons
it is really hot in the summer and pretty miserable
Liked working here. Good place to work. They have good benefits.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMay 12, 2013
Management/supervisors are helpful. Decent working environment. Co-workers friendly. Liked working here, work was fast paced but not difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually running the machines, and working with my co-workers. Running multiple machines.
Pros
decent pay, good benefits.
Cons
they work 7 days a week a lot.
productive as long as everyone does their job
Maintenanc tech (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJune 3, 2015
Its a place to work for now, its very hot and dirty.Its very close to my home, and the insurance is good. I stay busy and Ive learned a few things since I have been there. Most of management is fair and the guys I work with are ok. It seems they have a pretty good turnover of employees. The best part is the day goes fast.
Pros
5 miles from home, good insurance
Cons
hot and dirty
love working at Ahresty just not 7days all the time... I need more family time
Assembly Line Production Worker/Inspection (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 11, 2015
I love working at Ahresty pay is good, people are nice and enjoy my work, but they work people way to much. They do have cook outs to show they care for all the hard work people do.
Pros
great beneafits and nice emplyees
Cons
they work people alot of 7 days
Overall
machining (Current Employee) –  mc2July 1, 2015
Overall i think its a good place to work unless your working 7 days a week but it is good money for overtime. I got hurt on the job so i havnt been there min a couple weeks but i did like the job and the shift i was on when i was there
avareage
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 11, 2015
Running parts and not knowing how things were running till we got to work
Learned how to assemble parts how to inspect them and how to reset machines
management is okay
you have some co-workers get along with and then theres others you don't get along with the place is nothing but drama
Very fast production. Handling large, heavy, and hot die cast cavitities.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHDecember 28, 2013
Check safety hazards, machine settings, and required tools. Fill out check sheets. Grind and file parts according to spec. Inspect critical areas for excess metal and flash.

How automotive parts are made from liquid aluminum in a die cast machine.

I feel I have a strong working relationship with all of management.

The job is very repetitious.

I enjoy gaining knowledge in a new field.
Pros
12 hour rotating shift.
Cons
finding time to learn more about trouble shooting machines.
Over worked, pay is low for how much effort you give.
Machining Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 2, 2014
Ive been full time for over a year, i'm stuck on second shift with working 7 mandated days of work a week. I feel as no employer should work their employees this way. I have a family, that yes I have to support financially but i'm seeking for something full-time that more supports my background (college, previous job history, etc.) so I can support my family financially and still have to time spend with them before they grow older.
terrible place to work
operator (Former Employee) –  wilmingtonMay 19, 2014
dirty,hot,nasty , management rude and neglectful of people and equipment. Dangerous due to neglect of equipment. I mean life threateningly dangerous but you wont realize it till you've been a couple months. IN die casting the average time on job is two months... They will use you. You will be asked to work 3rd shift on 12 hour shifts and work 8 hour shifts on your days off. A real disappointment...
Cons
almost everything, get machining not die cast.
No life except Ahresty.
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OhioAugust 7, 2012
The workers never find out if the manditory weekend shift is going to be enforced untill late Friday every week. Week end plans are down the drain 90 percent of the time. Poof engineers are a big thing there so the company can pay them peanuts for ideas. The Japan facility makes all the calls. The equipment is always breaking down and is never restored to a dependable condition., Downtime is the normal there. I always see that they are trying to hire new people due to the workers are quitting in a line up. Greasy, Hot, Smokey, and if the pay wasn't bad wenough, the mgnt is. Poof you're an engineer!
Pros
paid on pay day.
Cons
24/7 and the 6 point system.

Comment – July 2, 2013

Is not a good place to work very hot, Coolant sprays all over you there's metal shavings everywhere and not will not accommodate a shorter person. they basically throw you out on a line and nobody checks to see if your having any problems or not! your just a number, A body to fill a position and they work the heck out of you. all these people must be stupid if they think this was a good place to work!! nobody cares about the workers there!!! 11.25 wont help with the health conditions you can possibly acquire????

ok its a job
Division Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 14, 2015
its ok for the location to much of a buddy system in this factory i believe people should be judged for their job not who they know
inspected car parts
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 6, 2015
it was good at the beginning. tell they started play games on if we was gonna work or not. and not say anything til I get there
Pros
got to learn about different parts
Cons
being sent home after getting there
not the greatest when it comes to being told of problems and such
AIS (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHDecember 26, 2014
there is no communication at all supervisors are rude and my Boss didnt do anything that i seen at all
Pros
2 20 minute breaks
Cons
long walks so you waste 5 mins. of break getting to break area
friendly people
Machining Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMay 12, 2014
good pay, with chance to make money due to lots of overtime. I like the job, just miss lots of activities due to hours of employment.
Pros
money, people
Cons
hot, hours
Ahresty was a fun work place to work in
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 28, 2014
great people to work with from day to day.i leaned alot about the machines. the hardest part was force my self to clean under the machines when we had shut down cleaning.
cnc machinist
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 15, 2012
Start with part check(quality control part),machine check for fluids. Every two hour do a parts check. Every parts check you log in data. also had to do basic tool changes and adjustments.Some time use fork truck to put up product on shelves.
Pros
benifets
Cons
really wet work
Dirty very nasty work environment, heavy llifting.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Great pay for skilled trades but dirty, hot, nasty, disgusting environment, heavy lifting constantly.
Pros
great pay for skilled trades
Cons
nasty, hot, dirty, environment
Fast paced environment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 21, 2013
I enjoy working here, just trying to see if I can find somewhere to use more of my potential.
a great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 7, 2013
it was a great place to work friendly co-workers and helpful shift leaders