AHRESTY

AHRESTY Employer Reviews

Ahresty was a fun work place to work in
Line worker (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHOctober 28, 2014
great people to work with from day to day.i leaned alot about the machines. the hardest part was force my self to clean under the machines when we had shut down cleaning.
terrible place to work
operator (Former Employee), wilmingtonMay 19, 2014
Cons: almost everything, get machining not die cast.
dirty,hot,nasty , management rude and neglectful of people and equipment. Dangerous due to neglect of equipment. I mean life threateningly dangerous but you wont realize it till you've been a couple months. IN die casting the average time on job is two months... They will use you. You will be asked to work 3rd shift on 12 hour shifts and work 8 hour – more... shifts on your days off. A real disappointment... – less
friendly people
Machining Operator (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHMay 12, 2014
Pros: money, people
Cons: hot, hours
good pay, with chance to make money due to lots of overtime. I like the job, just miss lots of activities due to hours of employment.
Dirty very nasty work environment, heavy llifting.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great pay for skilled trades
Cons: nasty, hot, dirty, environment
Great pay for skilled trades but dirty, hot, nasty, disgusting environment, heavy lifting constantly.
Very fast production. Handling large, heavy, and hot die cast cavitities.
Machinist (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHDecember 28, 2013
Pros: 12 hour rotating shift.
Cons: finding time to learn more about trouble shooting machines.
Check safety hazards, machine settings, and required tools. Fill out check sheets. Grind and file parts according to spec. Inspect critical areas for excess metal and flash.

How automotive parts are made from liquid aluminum in a die cast machine.

I feel I have a strong working relationship with all of management.

The job is very repetitious.

I – more... enjoy gaining knowledge in a new field. – less
Liked working here. Good place to work. They have good benefits.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHMay 12, 2013
Pros: decent pay, good benefits.
Cons: they work 7 days a week a lot.
Management/supervisors are helpful. Decent working environment. Co-workers friendly. Liked working here, work was fast paced but not difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually running the machines, and working with my co-workers. Running multiple machines.
Fast paced environment
Operator (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHFebruary 21, 2013
I enjoy working here, just trying to see if I can find somewhere to use more of my potential.
a great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHFebruary 7, 2013
it was a great place to work friendly co-workers and helpful shift leaders
ok place to work nothing special though
die cast finisher (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: good benefits and payed vacations
Cons: it is really hot in the summer and pretty miserable
a typical day for me was running a machine and filing parts for six hours. i learned team work and to take pride in your work i also learned how to deal with different types of people. management is sufficient but could use some major improvement. for the most part i loved my co workers and worked well with all of them. the hardest part of the job was – more... the heat in the summer. the most enjoyable part was when i got to see how many parts i could run i liked working fast and getting a lot of parts out i also really enjoyed the people i worked with including my supervisor. – less
cnc machinist
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHAugust 15, 2012
Pros: benifets
Cons: really wet work
Start with part check(quality control part),machine check for fluids. Every two hour do a parts check. Every parts check you log in data. also had to do basic tool changes and adjustments.Some time use fork truck to put up product on shelves.
No life except Ahresty.
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, OhioAugust 7, 2012
Pros: paid on pay day.
Cons: 24/7 and the 6 point system.
The workers never find out if the manditory weekend shift is going to be enforced untill late Friday every week. Week end plans are down the drain 90 percent of the time. Poof engineers are a big thing there so the company can pay them peanuts for ideas. The Japan facility makes all the calls. The equipment is always breaking down and is never restored – more... to a dependable condition., Downtime is the normal there. I always see that they are trying to hire new people due to the workers are quitting in a line up. Greasy, Hot, Smokey, and if the pay wasn't bad wenough, the mgnt is. Poof you're an engineer! – less

July 2, 2013

Is not a good place to work very hot, Coolant sprays all over you there's metal shavings everywhere and not will not accommodate a shorter person. they basically throw you out on a line and nobody checks to see if your having any problems or not! your just a number, A body to fill a position and they work the heck out of you. all these people must be stupid if they think this was a good place to work!! nobody cares about the workers there!!! 11.25 wont help with the health conditions you can possibly acquire????