AICPA Employee Reviews

Professionalism of Management
Instructional Designer/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 16, 2017
While my immediate supervisor did what they could given the constraints they were working on, many of the higher up management failed to perform. Compensation issues resulted that were laid at the feet of the wrong people and made one wonder about the abilities of those in charge.
Cons
payment schedules
Great Organization
Award Recipient (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2017
Nothing to say, other than this was great volunteering experience. One should at some point give back to the community that made him. All in all, the experience was enriching on a personal and philanthropic basis.
Great stepping stone type job
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 31, 2017
Great job to get experience in but not stay at for a few years, as long as you can stand the unorganized Management and very poor inter-team communication. The most enjoyable part of the job was at least 80% of the people you work for (that are not management) are nice and kind. It does have some great benefits.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
bad management, no career advancement
Great Company
Agency Temp (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 30, 2017
Great company to work for - definitely provide work/life balance and flexibility and great job culture. Definitely have provided great working and learning experience.
A Typical day
Associate Manager, Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 26, 2017
My job is interesting in that I not only manage others but I interact with several business owners as well! It makes for an extremely fast pace environment!
Cannot Review
Systems Analyst/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 24, 2017
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants has a strict policy on employees reviewing the organization. As a result of this policy I cannot review the AICPA at this time. Check back later
nice place to work
UAT tester (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 28, 2017
work is very relaxed and give us enough time to analyse the things and create the test environment. We have to prioritize the work and work accordingly. Send daily status to lead.
Easy Place to work with
GENERAL OPERATIONS INTERN (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 16, 2016
Great people, great organization that cares about your overall success. Allows you to work at home in some departments
entry level associate advisor (Former Employee) –  durham ncMay 18, 2016
Typical Day would consist of going in and start working on memberships on different applicants for the company making sure all information in the system that corresponded to their applications that they sent in were correct.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
wanted soemthing else
Manual testing, moving toward automation
QA Team Lead, Contract (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 19, 2015
Great place to work, loved the atmosphere and my management. Great defect tracking tools. QA was part of the design coordination.
A great place to work
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 14, 2015
This is an amazing place to work. All of the employees up to management really care you. They want to see you exceed and continue to develop the organization.
....smoke and mirrors...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 12, 2015
A good place to work - work life balance is good. Talented colleagues - limited opportunities for advancement. Good evironment, few extended hours - ok office environment -antiquated tech tools/non existent.Ok benefits..Short term endeavor at best.
Pros
On site dining
Cons
No tech tools
Unprofessional and old fashioned senior managers and up
Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham NCMay 4, 2015
Total waste of time. Had 11 interviews to get the job and worked with senior managers who lacked leadership. Way too into office politics and who is CC'd on emails and who isn't. Beware! They are really old school and like it that way (hate sounding like an ageist).

No room for growth — everyone is a manager. No raises. A lot of time is spent on process and not on producing good content.
Pros
Some good folks.
Cons
Horrible upper management lacking onboarding skills for new hires.
For the Contractor, fairly high stress environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2015
The project that I was involved with at this company was high profile, and high importance. Thus, getting the work done quickly and accurately was important. However, contractors were discouraged from putting in the extra hours that seemed necessary to keep the project on track.
Great work enviornment.
Associate Advisor (member support) (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 31, 2015
I started as a temp in the summer and hired as an Associate Advisor in the fall of 2014. I would have to say that answering phones and learning the job has been challenging but the supervisors and management have been very supportive. This has so far been a job where management says they want us to be successful and enjoy our job and have actually done things to back it up.
For instance, they threw us several parties for reaching 400, 000 members, including giving us over a week off during the Christmas holiday with pay! They have an event where they give awards and recognize individuals in our department for the work they are doing. We have opportunites to work from home and they are putting into place am opportunity where we get to pick our own schedule! How awesome is that.
Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The management and even upper management know the staff by name, are very cordial and pleasant to approach. They even stop you and ask you how your day is going. I cant speak for others but that speaks volumes, i have worked jobs where upper management will walk right past you and act as though your not even there. Those have been jobs where the work morale is extremely low and employees are very unhappy.
I have heard the turn over rate in this department in the past has been very high but Ihave to say they are taking steps to make us feel valued. My co workers develop projects and have say in the changes that are taking place.
Overall my experience has been positive. I would recommend working here to others.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, positive altmosphere, encouragement to learn and move up in the company, friendly co workers and management, decent wages.
Cons
Job is challenging and sometimes overwhelming
Overall a good place to work
Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 17, 2014
Flexible work arrangements depend on the team, great work colleagues, dedicated staff. A "work hard, play hard" mentality
Too much office politics, unprofessional managers treat staff based on personal feelings
SCO Dues temp (Former Employee) –  DurhamOctober 3, 2014
I worked there twice as a temp, once in 2012 and then again in 2014.
The only thing I can say about this job is that they do pay halfway decently and it is a M-F atmosphere so you get weekends off. The temps are treated like servants and are not allowed to be a part of any social events because of 'safety protocol'. So not being invited to the Christmas party has to do with 'safety protocol'. I see.

Actual employees are nice, its just middle management that is the DEVIL. It really does depend on who you work for but middle management treats you according to whether they like you or not. They lie to your face with a SMILE on their face and tell you you are doing okay and then they have your temp agency call you after you get home to tell you that they no longer want you to come back. They make you believe that you have a shot to get a permanent job and you invest your life into that and then they pull the rug out from under you. If you wind up working for a manager that likes you you can stay for years if you want, but get with a manager that doesn't like you and then they treat you like garbage and then act like you did something wrong but will not tell the temp agency what it is you did. I learned from this job that upper management is oblivious to the struggle the temp goes through but middle management are the real power there and they are drunk with power.

Everyone wants to work downstairs in the mail room because the manager there is real cool but he also treats people on whether he likes them, he tells too much of people's business you are not supposed to know so
  more... he's no better than anyone else there is. Beware trying to get in that job, you will only have a shot at being treated like a human if you get a permanent position, and STAY AWAY FROM THE PHONE TEAM, they have an extreme high turnover rate from mangers who keep changing the rules and then firing people who canto keep up with all the freaking changes.  less
Pros
no weekends, nice employees
Cons
middle management are all inexperienced jerks with no real training
Fun place to work
Account Receivable Temp (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 18, 2014
I enjoyed working at AICAP. I have learned a lot and really good work environment.
Good job culture
MARKET & COMPETITIVE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 16, 2014
Good company that accepts various cultures and backgrounds. Also, accepts people in their 40's and 50's.
Pros
Independence, great job projects and programs
Cons
Inexperienced management
Member Services
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 20, 2014
A typical day involves answering questions regarding AICPA products, assisting members with locating products/services, placing orders for continuing education products and conferences.

Through the AICPA I have learned that the service experience I provide to our members can be the determining factor on whether they continue to allow us to have their business. I always keep in mind that membership with the organization is voluntary and although we provide a unique and necessary service, if the member doesn't feel appreciated or has a band service experience they may not renew their membership the next year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AICPA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5