AID Employee Reviews

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I am able to care for individuals who are immensely intelligent, cheerful and humorous. Not only do I help them sharpen their skill set, I get to watch them grow and prosper into the individual that they aspire to be.
very productive work place
Volunteer Aid (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 7, 2017
What I learned was patience,time management,working with a team and being productive with deadlines. The most enjoyable part is always seeing the kids that are aided grow and succeed.
Finance assistant
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day included filing, and prepping for audits. Distribution of checks and monitoring credit cards for departments through out the church.
GREAT fun place to work
Pre-school Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CANovember 15, 2016
I loved working as a preschool aid. I truly have a passion for working with children of all ages so I thoroughly enjoyed teaching and giving parents updates of each child's daily activities.
Pros
Making an impact in childrens lives
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Enjoyed the elderly
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43214November 15, 2016
Working as a health was very humbling as well. I got to work with people of different disabilities. My job was to help them be as comfortable as can be. It required a lot of patience and strong will to get me through my day. Some days were tough depending on the clients I had, but in the end the ultimate gain was the feeling of greatness by helping those who can't help themselves.
Pros
Awesome Folks
Cons
PETS
A great oppotunity to learn more about how to be of service to people
Lead Resident (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIOctober 17, 2016
This company has recently undergone a transition from one investor to another. This transition period has been a rather awkward and often disappointing one. That having been said, this position afforded me with the opportunity to offer comfort and care to those greatly in need, the elderly suffering with dementia and Alzheimer's disease. It was rewarding, but toward it became a little too political.
Pros
I felt necessary ror the residents.
Cons
I felt unnecessary to the management.
Member (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Its a great company to work for. The individuals and staff were amazing. My day consisted of me feeding,bathing and supervising the individuals.
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
no healthcare
Helping Someone is the best
Aide (Former Employee) –  Piñon Hills, CAJuly 8, 2016
I normally handled prescription medications. I helped get patients dressed and feed them. I would read to them. I met with them everyday and took care of any complaints or needs they had
Pros
got to help people
Cons
it was a sad work environment
Working with kids making them smile
Transportation Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 11, 2016
Typical day at work would be picking up the child and sitting with him, securing him because he cannot scure himself. bringing him to school and back.
Pros
no pros
Cons
low pay
Rehab
Rehab Instructor/Direct Support Personnel (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 24, 2016
Fun to interact daily with clients and be there advocate for things they need and want. Enjoy taking them out in the community.

Want to know more about AID?

Ask a question
fun job
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 21, 2016
i love working with children so this job was really fun and heart warming. I really enjoyed seeing the childrens faces as they learned new things every day. The families were also a pleasure to work with.
Wish I could still work here!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Mostly known as a Service Provider, AID Group recruited me to increase enterprise hardware sales. With myself as the only Account Executive, working very closely with our only Sales Engineer, we've sold well over $1.65 million in hardware since July 2014. My soon to be wife and I need to move and I can't commute from Minneapolis to Chicago.

- Develop relationships with Dell Inside, Outside and Technical Sales reps in Chicago.

- Contact small-mid sized and enterprise companies to identify needs and schedule follow up calls/onsite meetings.

- Our pre-sales/solution architects and I will go onsite to perform: full infrastructure health checks, determine customer needs, provide custom solutions that our services team will install, migrate and deploy.

- Negotiate pricing with Dell to maximize gross profit.

- Prepare all proposals

- Close deals.
Pros
I love every aspect of my job.
Cons
Always need more sales.
Chenango Valley
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYSeptember 14, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone was very friendly. The students were great and always listened when you would help them with stuff. Always on your feet and never sitting still.
Not the best place to work at
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2014
Typical day at work was coming in to the office making over 100 calls a morning to get business, calling all canceled clients and old clients to get business back.

I learned that a client isn't always right but we should always try our best to satisfy their needs.

Management was really poor I was lied too about my schedule most of the time being a full time student and working full time was hard but there was never any understanding.

Hardest part about the job was having to travel daily to a different location and then having to deal with an upset of a client cause by another coworker but everything always ended up working out for our client.

Most enjoyable part about my job was being able to train a new employee with no experience and seeing her grow in the company.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No days off, short pay, transferring locations daily, no communication with managers
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 8, 2013
Shift stated at 6 had to make sure that my truck was gased and I had my route sheet
Pros
went to places that I have never seen before
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAJune 11, 2013
I worked one on one with a child with down syndrome at a after school program in dorchester. I started work at 2pm the young boy arrived at 2:30pm I got him off the bus then we went into the classroom. We do homework first and then we did activities starting with playing in the gym with the other kids in the classroom. After we come down to the room and have snack then we let the kids play more. Then they have dinner and its dismissal time. I loved my co-workers we all got along great. The most enjoyable part of my job was that i got to work with a great kid he was so outgoing and always wanted to learn new things he is smart and bright.
Pros
Gaining experience with child with down syndrome
Cons
Pay per hour
Helped me out alot!
Clerical - Temporary (Current Employee) –  Pocahontas, ARMarch 27, 2013
Helped me find a job and even though it was temporary service, I got to work through them for 8-12 weeks.
Pros
Cons
temporary8.00
Very friendly and out going company
Quality Assurance Analyst(GNIS System Operator) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2012
While taking a job in a new city they helped in many ways to make you feel wanted and comfortable!
Pros
good pay
Cons
just contract