AIDS Healthcare Foundation

AIDS Healthcare Foundation Employee Reviews in United States

Need to acknowledge employees
Benefits Specialist/ Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2016
Not happy with work place my supervisor has his preferences with employees does not help me what so ever . Piles a lot f work on me
This place was great
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2016
Wonderful people, wonderful environment, great pay, regular hours. Nothing to complain about here at all. The work volume was great, and the coworkers made this experience one of my favorites.
Not what you think it is
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 12, 2016
When checking the patients in and out, creating charts, pulling charts, filing charts and making lab slips is all that you do, imagine the feeling. The girls at the office only allowed you to do what they didn't like or want to do, then so sneaky tell the dr lies and he believes whatever they say and the big crunch time is that they sign patients name on paperwork and try to get you to do the same thing and says it's to make sure the handwriting is different, it's something called forgery.
Pros
Patients were friendly and the pharmacy staff as well
Cons
To many to name
great mission but the pharmacy management has no direction
Floater Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLApril 13, 2016
I moved to Florida for this position, there was no structured training, I was traveling all over the place for them, they'd change my schedule and not let you know, didn't follow their own protocols in employee handbook, and when I asked about the inconsistencies I was deemed not a team player and was let go 2 days before my benefits would kick in- then 6 months later I learned that they had continued to use my license for a store they were building.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
No job security
$B company run by CEO like it is his private company
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 11, 2016
Bad Manager personified. The trickle down effect is terrible management throughout except for pockets of excellence.
Great message, poor management.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2016
Overall a good company to work for. Some people in the company truly care about the well being of other and helping those with HIV/AIDS. Company is always growing/expanding, which is a good thing, but they refuse spend resources on the infrastructure. Poor upper management which usually leads to bickering, rather than actual business solutions.
Great motive and mission, believing in the company you work for.
Quality Assurance Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 30, 2015
Working very independently, training and managing pharmacies nationally, 90% travel, great co-workers, creative environment, respectable, believe in our cause, working to save lives and better the world, believe in mission, and drive of the company.
Pros
salary
Cons
not enough employees
Working for this company.
Testing Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2015
The management was not the best because it was as if nobody was on the same page. My position was brand new and my boss was in California while I was working in Texas. There was some kinks that needed to be worked out. Overall it was a great learning experience.
Pros
Working at my own rate.
Cons
Management was not on the same page.
n/a
Lead Case Manager, HIV Aids & General Care (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2015
The work culture could use improvement as well management was not strategic in the direction that the company should move. Retaliation unfortunately is part of the culture and there is immense work life balance issues.
Exceptional learning environment.
Director of Operations Latin America Bureau (LAB) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2015
In my field, there were no typical days. Every day I learned something new. When I started with the company we were 75 employees and all of our services were based in Los County, by the time I left we were in 25+ countries, serving over 200,000 patients. I was fortunate enough to work with Sr. Managers, Directors and Supervisor who consistently challenged my ability to grow with the organization. My job took me to new cities, states and countries and I worked with governments, community based organizations and clients while learning about different laws, cultures and people.
Pros
Opportunities
Low wages and no room for growth
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 24, 2015
Go to glassdoor.com and read all the reviews regarding this company before considering applying for this organization. It will definitely help you during the process of whether deciding to apply or not
Cons
Low wages, no room for growth, management from the hierarchy is terrible. Turnover rate is high, they use temps from staffing agencies as a band-aid for all the major problems in each department.
Very passionate and creative
Editor/Videographer/Motion Graphics (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2015
I loved working for AHF and would have continued though a better opportunity came my way that offered a salary better suited to the costs of living in Los Angeles.
Overall good employer for any healthcare employee.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2015
Overall good employer to acquire knowledge of specialty healthcare. Good employer in terms of overall work/life balance. Very few employment positions with late night schedules.
Cons
Making a real diffrence in the world
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 4, 2015
I am able to focus my passion and complete attention on doing what is right for the patient, as apposed to worry about impressing some back room board of directors.
Pros
Worhty Cause
Cons
Some employee's take complete advantage of job flexibility
a good place to work.
CLINICAL/MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 24, 2015
a good place to work. Flexible working hours. If you're able to work well independently. Good pay, and benefits. Excellent paid time off and holiday/bonus pay.
Pros
good chance for promotions
Cons
management sucks
Caring and dedicated department
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2015
Its agreat place to work. Everyone is a team player and we all work hard to essure the satisfactory of our patients. The management is wonderful and very supportive to any problems or concerns. The enviroment is very caring and dedicated to providing services to all patients and employees.
Great co-workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 24, 2015
Met some of the brightest co-workers who care greatly of the people they served. Caring for the underserved around the world, these co-workers are angels on earth.
Pros
Short learning curve if you're job ready.
Cons
Lack of leadership
Great place to work!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 13, 2015
I learned a lot working with the patients at Aids Healthcare Foundation. A typical day would consist of me giving injections, vital signs, and corresponding with the physician.
Non-profit organization, who gives back to the community.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 13, 2015
I worked for the AIDS Healthcare Foundation in the pharmacy and managed care divisions. Both divisions were a pleasure to work for. The staff and management worked as a unity to bring top quality healthcare to our patients of AHF, and members of Positive Healthcare.

I was fortunate enough to learn a great amount of knowledge of the infectious disease community. The diversity and culture that comes with the territory is like no other, and definitely a great learning experience.
Pros
The organization is open minded and very diverse.
I love being out in the Field/Community helping people
HIV/AIDS Testing Mobile Counselor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2015
Working at AHF is a great experience when it comes to caring for

the community. It is a great place to work and practice your

customer service skills, because you are working with all types of

attitudes.
Pros
being yourself
Cons
dealing with people with stigma.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIDS Healthcare Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.