AIDS Healthcare Foundation Employee Reviews

OTC love the job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2017
i loved working for this company great benefits great customers its like a family if anything i would say so much nice things. this job gives back in thats what i love.
Pros
free lunches customers
Cons
N/a
Great Job
Lead Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 18, 2017
Great Employer.. If you enjoy working in an family environment AHF is the place. This company looks out for their employer and you will enjoy going to work everyday and contribute to the cause
June 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at AHF. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at HR@aidshealth.org

Medical assistant
Medical Assistant/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 11, 2017
Position was good the only thing is you have to be part of the click I was not part of the click so I was the one that got cut have to be close to the supervisor also depends on where you're working good place for growth.
Pros
Good place to grow
Cons
Too many clicks
Productive and wonderful location
Referral cxoordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2017
Love the staff great assistants, Manager is good so are the Doctors and NPs.

Location of practice is in a great location. close to everything. Made some new friends in the office that are great.
June 19, 2017

assisitng patients and linking patients to care
FRONT OFFICE / BENEFITS COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 2, 2017
assisting patients with their needs is very rewarding. working directly with awesome coworkers is amazing and a must. the differnet cultures in this company are very diverse.
Pros
seeing the patients get better
Cons
upper management not seeing how hard we work, they just see numbers.
Productive workplace
Front Office Clerk/Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2017
Eye-opener
Great place to work and advocate for HIV clients
Staff always go above and beyond for clients
Workplace is nonjudgmental
Working with open-minded people is always a great environment
Im looking foward to working with a company of great people
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
Im looking foward to working with a company of great people who care about others how are in need of great care and assistant to those how much need of special people who understand and are willing to do a great job
Wonderful foundation to work for
Front Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMay 24, 2017
Non profits are usually a hard balance of people who care and there ability to handle pay cuts because of it. Not at AHF. The balance between beneficial pay and passion go hand in hand. Never have I worked for a more passionate group of individuals.
Good job place
Provider Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2017
I gained much knowledge and experience
I had a very knowledgeable boss
My department was well rounded
The office was efficient
Co-workers were pleasant to work with
great place to work, but also want to be compensated for good work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2017
Great company. Awesome. However they do not offer raises for overall performance or years of service. In other words the wage you start at is the wage you will make through the duration of your employment with the company, no matter how many years you chose to work there.
April 17, 2017

Hello! Thank you for your comment-

AHF's primary consideration for determining pay is the marketplace. We benchmark our pay to comparable positions in the same geographic region. Salary surveys are done periodically as well and adjustments are made according to changes reflected in those surveys. In addition we have an annual cost of living analysis and provide COLA when needed.

Many of our positions also have performance bonus for a job well done!

Comment – April 29, 2017

The performance bonus for a job well done is not based off individual performance, but rather how well your entire team performs. This means that you can be an excellent performer and still not qualify for the bonus for a 'job well done' The pay benchmarks are also based off of the going rate for an entry level position and not based off of number of years of service with the company. This means that you could work for the company for 10 years, for example and still be making the same wage you were hired at.

May 1, 2017

Hello, no, that is not the case. You are evaluated on both individual and team performance.

Comment – May 3, 2017

Please address how you value your employees for years of service? It appears that you do not want to answer this question. Here it is. One last time. IS THE WAGE OFFERED TO YOU AT THE TIME OF EMPLOYMENT ALL YOU WILL MAKE PER HOUR DURING THE DURATION OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT WITH AHF?

Fun work environment
Customer Service-inbound (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 15, 2017
I like the independent work along with some team work. The staff is very helpful whenever I need them. Working in a pharmacy can be tight, people bumping into each other but here there is plenty of space.
Run Fast!
HIV Mobile Unit (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2017
This organization needs a serious face lift ........if your not a part of the LGBT community then forget about it!
They really would like to have Gay men run the entire organization if possible.....NO WOMEN ALLOWED... this place was so dam unorganized and the wages... why dam its like working for free.

Please do not waste your time!

THE ATLANTA OFFICE ON PEACHTREE STREET & THE HOUSTON TEXAS LOCATION IN THE MEDICAL CENTER WERE BOTH THE SAME .... A DAM MESS!

MANAGEMENT SUCKS!
POOR THANG
KEEP THEM ALL IN PRAYER
Pros
Free aids testing lol
Cons
Too messy with a lot of queens & male fish...
Productive and Professional place
RN MSN Ryan White RN Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Productive and very professional environment, As A case Manager learned new way to treat Special condition patients , coworkers are very proffesionals
Pros
free lunch
UM Management Care
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2017
The worse possibly place to work for there is a lot of favoritism no opportunities for growth. Long hour and horrible pay. Management do not know how to run their own department their HR Dept. do not response to emails or phone calls. HR will make you think they are there to help you but not true at all. Will never recommend this place for anyone to work there for. The worse place ever.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Micromanagement everyone gets in your business
Great work place.
Contract Partnership Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Great work place. Experience and education in several areas. Each and every day is rewarding and a pleasure to work for a great organization.
Pros
the people that I work with
ok place to work
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Hollywood, CAJanuary 11, 2017
A fair place to work.Management is ok co-workers are ok to work with. the hardest this about job is if your a contractor getting access to building.
Pros
prety fair
Cons
Street parking
Overall great experience
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2016
I worked there as an qa tester as an consultant and it was a great experience working with the people there.
My boss was very supportive and always appreciated everyone's work. Would like to work again if get chance.
The worst location to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLDecember 13, 2016
The pharmacy manager is impossible to work with. He treats you like an animal. He talks to you like you're a child. He has the worst attitude. Don't even bother applying you will want to quit asap. He pretends to be this nice guy then later on that's when his true color shows. Don't be fooled. Many have complained but the company continues to let this guy represent their company. He lied about everything about the job. Just don't go you'll regret it. He throws things at you and is always banging on the table just like a gorilla.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The manager sucks and so do the technicians
productive
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLNovember 2, 2016
I increased my knowledge as RN doing different ditties and increased my compassion with the patients. I learn about PCC and different type of electronic systems.
Poor
Ryan White RN Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2016
The company lacks management and you have to learn everything independently while trying to provide care to the clients. I did my exit interview, one week before leaving and then finally I got my 90 day evaluation only because the audit was the next day. The 90 day evaluation was provided after over one year!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIDS Healthcare Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.