AIDS Healthcare Foundation

AIDS Healthcare Foundation United States Employee Reviews

Great place to be if your are hired.
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Always an event with free food and the pay is great.
Cons: Most management need management training.
Very busy environment. Learned new system. Management need management training on how to treat the workers. The hardest part of the job is everyday is very busy and stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers from every department that are helpful.
Harassing pharmacist
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San FranciscoApril 1, 2015
Pros: Staff pharmacist/ Technician (coworkers) were amazing
Cons: Human Resources/ Management
I endured nothing but harassment and felt violated working for this company. my manager broke the open door policy and later retaliated. My pharmacy manager tormented me on a daily bases making it impossible for me to work there. This pharmacist is notorious for retaliating when he dislike you.He advised a former employee to quit before he fired her on his terms. The same was directed to myself. HR did nothing to protect me and my rights as an employee and the pharmacist did not get reprimanded- this company allowed the Pharmacist to harassed and torment me. I was out due to medical issues I had encountered and was later released. This non- profit is pathetic on showing what their values really are. AHF rehired a former employee that not only disrespected the whole pharmacy but actually physically put her hands on the former pharmacy manager. I am glad that I am not long working for them.
AHF
Program Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: directors
Great schedule, I worked 1pm to 9pm at different locations. Van Nuys, South LA, Long Beach and Hollywood.
Bad side is, there are no bonuses or raises here and salary workers work up to 120 hours and get paid for 80.
I enjoyed working with people more than anythingelse
employee regular (Former Employee), CarlifoniaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: support
I learned that most of the times when you are taking care of people you should not forget to take care of yourself because the companies policy does not cover the employees.
Referral coordinator
C.H.A.I.N Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: helping clinets with medical needs
Cons: going the extra mile for clients care
Working with clients on meeting their medical needs. Assisting with RN, LVN, on getting medical documents to support clients with vary difficult medical conditions for approvals. taking inbound and making outbound calls
Headhunted me then fired me for "no reason given".
Network Technician (/admin) (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2014
Pros: assigned parking, generally friendly co-workers
Cons: share your office with an aids clinic, share your bathroom with aids patients, responsibilities greater than position title, time-clock, the network is a mess
This company (with the word "compassionate" in it's corporate motto) headhunted away me from a better-paying job and then suddenly booted me a few days before Thanksgiving without any explanation at all. It was supposed to be a "real opportunity" with a "great organization". I had an Inbox full of "Great Work!", "Good Job!" emails, had received ZERO negative feedback, never had a cross word, not even a cross LOOK from anyone, completed every task assigned, had just had a MAJOR project assigned. Almost 3 months into the new job (benefits about to kick in) I returned from lunch to find the dreaded "come up to HR" email in my Inbox. They fired me, wouldn't even tell me why, said that it was a "corporate decision" and that "no reason was given".

In short form: AHF headhunted me away from a better paying job, worked me until benefits kicked in then fired me a few days before Thanksgiving for: No reason given.
Productive, fun environment, must be social.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Wilton Manors, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: joining events (apart of our advocaies) to fight hiv/aids
Cons: short breaks, not enough overtime
Typical day at AHF pharmacy, fun exciting! I loved all of my patients, my coworkers including the doctors and patient advocates. Great environment to work in to be social. Apart of our advocacy was to courteous treat all as equal individuals. The hardest part of my job is to hear about a patient dying of HIV/AIDS. The best part of my job was putting a smile on a patient's face by asking how was there day or getting to know them, so I could treat them with the best care.
AHF culture was fun. Very easy going crowd
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: no advancement or salary increases
It was great working there however no advancement or annual raises. Just only COLA increases. The moral in the department I worked in decreased.
The staff gets along well since we are a small group and I love my patients
Assist patients (Current Employee), St Vincent's Hospital on RiversideJuly 31, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: hard to get promoted
I see 7-10 patients a day who are HIV/AIDS newly dx or lost to care and set them up with benefits to be seen through our clinic
bonuses, parties, fun,
Pharmacy Biller/ Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2014
Pros: end of year party and great bonuses
Cons: some bad apples in management positions
This is a wonderful company to work for. I wish I never left it. I processed payments from insurance companies, applied for prior authorizations, aging, verified insurance benefits for patients. This company really takes good care of it's employees. Great benefits including dental and vision. Bonus programs, retreats, travel,
Registered Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 10, 2014
Everyday was a learning experience, very fast paced, always something to do not boring at all
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2014
good company, fun place to work..........................................................
horrible place to work. turn and burn company
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: everything
Uneducated upper management - unreal expectations of staff with no training.
Excellent learning environment
Research Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAApril 2, 2014
Learned the regulatory paperwork side of clinical trials. Also, learned contracts and budgets.
Good working relationship with all my coworkers
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2014
One of the best experiences Ive had in a work environment, It felt like an extended family to me. I grew to know each patient by name.
Very Pleasant work environment
Medical Assistant/Office Administrator (Former Employee), LithoniaJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: friendly office, clean
Cons: temporary physicians/staff; senior management not local
Pretty fun place to work, in Lithonia, Office manager, worked well with everyone, really cared about each person that walked through the door with a need, she really made them feel comfortable. Difficult part of this office severely under staff, and no leadership or support from senior management, unless you were doing something wrong. Another issue, rotating staff, including physicians, NO MORE LOCUM PHYSICIANS!!
Enjoyable work environment
Medical Assistant/Office Administrator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no time for lunch
Typical work day included, but not limited to, arriving 30-45min early, checking the voice-mail messages from previous night, and distribute appropriately, also assuring the patient paper work was ready for their office visit. Checking to see if there was any paper work needing to be sign or notarized in order to correctly process for patient. Call patients informing them to requested paperwork was completed and ready for pick up or mail. I learn to be a problem solver, and excellent customer service. My management team was not in the office but located in a different state, mostly spoke with them via conference calls or emails. My co workers in the office were very supportive. The hardest part of the job was finding time to assist every person with their needs, whether it was an employee or patient related. The most enjoyable part of the job, was leaving daily with the satisfaction that I help everyone in every way I could.
Great job!
Intern (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 22, 2013
It was just an internship but I loved the people and the atmosphere.
a healthcare company that truely puts the patient first before profit
Pharmacy manager (Current Employee), North Miami Beach, FLOctober 27, 2013
Pros: work satisfaction
Cons: none yet
Nice place to work. Refreshing to see that a company keeps to its word of putting patients first. Since its a non-profit, don't expect it to lavish bonuses on staff, but there are modest annual bonuses. Most (good?) staff here are on a mission to help patients. A smiling patient that found help from AHF after being let down by other pharmacies and clinics is the biggest reward to devoted workers.
fast paced innovative organization
pharmacy driver (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 23, 2013
Love working there and learned a lot about front end and the pharmacy

1 2 3