AIDS RESOURCE CENTER OHIO

AIDS RESOURCE CENTER OHIO Employee Reviews

Fun and rewarding but has lost the grassroots feel
Outreach Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioMarch 17, 2015
I love the job I do, clients I serve, and my immediate colleagues. Unfortunately, the organization has grown far too big far too fast without the proper structural and leadership resources to uphold its values.
Pros
I love my boss and coworkers
Cons
lack of communicatin between upper management and lower level staff
Review from other in Dec 2013 sums it up
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 20, 2014
As a case manger, you will enjoy working with the clients. The work can not be completed in a 40-50 hour time period. Management is weak for this location. Co-workers of the same level are excellent.
The hardest part is not being given the tools to be successful with all of your clients. The most enjoyable part is the clients that are thankful for your assistance.
Pros
helping clients
Cons
not being given the tools to be successful
Very productive fullfilling work
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron OfficeDecember 3, 2013
Akron office has management issues. The clinical Director has very minimal knowledge of the population served and has a very hard time keeping staff. The pay is very good. The paper work can be a bit much to deal with a times and the agency is constantly throwing more work on you with no more compensation. Expect a case load of at least 75 to 100.
Pros
very rewarding helping your clients get the help they need.
Cons
if your not in upper management then your not valued very much.
Program Coordinator
Mpowerment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2013
I conduct Outreach for an HIV Prevention Program as well as education for HIV Program. I manage a team of twelve volunteers. I have learned humility and interpersonal skills. My coworkers and I are very close. We are only a team of four individuals who work very closely together. The hardest part of my job is bureaucracy that comes with being grant funded. I have learned to over come that obsticle by learning the grant process. The most eenjoyable part of my job is knowing that I help others make smarter choices in life. I empower others to be healthy.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
politics
Productive work environment
HIV Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 2, 2013
Duties centered around HIV case management; intake/update forms, assisting with client access to federal/state funded treatment programs (Ryan White), etc. Good work but can get stressful due to high case loads (70-100 ppl at one time)