AIDS RESOURCE CENTER OHIO

AIDS RESOURCE CENTER OHIO Employer Reviews

Very productive fullfilling work
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee), Akron OfficeDecember 3, 2013
Pros: very rewarding helping your clients get the help they need.
Cons: if your not in upper management then your not valued very much.
Akron office has management issues. The clinical Director has very minimal knowledge of the population served and has a very hard time keeping staff. The pay is very good. The paper work can be a bit much to deal with a times and the agency is constantly throwing more work on you with no more compensation. Expect a case load of at least 75 to 100.
Program Coordinator
Mpowerment Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: politics
I conduct Outreach for an HIV Prevention Program as well as education for HIV Program. I manage a team of twelve volunteers. I have learned humility and interpersonal skills. My coworkers and I are very close. We are only a team of four individuals who work very closely together. The hardest part of my job is bureaucracy that comes with being grant funded. I have learned to over come that obsticle by learning the grant process. The most eenjoyable part of my job is knowing that I help others make smarter choices in life. I empower others to be healthy.
Productive work environment
HIV Case Management Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 2, 2013
Duties centered around HIV case management; intake/update forms, assisting with client access to federal/state funded treatment programs (Ryan White), etc. Good work but can get stressful due to high case loads (70-100 ppl at one time)