Aiken Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

icu
Adult ICU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 28, 2016
this was an ICU but there was not a great variety of patient diagnosis and skills. vent experience was great and most pt were post op open heart. this was night shift position, which was hard for me to adjust
Pros
icu
Cons
management was poor
Challenging 21 bed ICU
Registered Nurse/ Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 28, 2016
ARMC offered a medical surgical ICU experience. Experienced staff with many years of experience served as preceptors. The staff was a close group that made work fun and enjoyable
A nice place to work..healthcare
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 9, 2015
I worked in the emergency room, and lab when needed. This was a great place..In the ER I went from room to room registering people..very interesting..had to make sure I had demographics on each patient.
produtctive working place
ob scrub tech (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 17, 2015
Was very nice working there an being part as a team for Aiken Regional Medical Center Learned a lot of different skills there being an ob scrub tech then from where I lived .. Learning experience
Excellent source for learning
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 25, 2015
Learned everything regarding ultrsound techniques and protocols in the General Department, its radiologist were always extremely helpful and eager to teach.
Pros
learning resources
Cons
no management
My job
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 18, 2015
My job duties include daily maintenance of assigned number of patient rooms, responsible for maintaining required inventory of cleaning supplies, trash removal, and delivering clean linen.

The result of this position and the training I received I am able to work independently and accomplish the required tasks.

There was frequent turnover in the management staff, sometimes creating problems in communication and clear understanding on what was expected.

There was also frequent turnover in my fellow co-workers which created multiple problems due to short staffing and poor training.

Meeting and exceeding level of service that sometimes was not clearly defined making my job more difficult.

The most enjoyable part of my job, was when I was recognized for Employee of the Year and for my "Great Catch" award for my observations of unsafe conditions.
Pros
opportunity to have acquired new skills.
Cons
lack of benefits, low hourly wage.
Busy days
Care Team Technican (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 28, 2014
A typical day at work is very busy. I meet new patients offer them our services and assistances where needed. I have learned to hone my skills by assessing the patients to see if they are the same, improving or not improving. Management is very demanding, but very helpful with improving my skills. The hardest part of my job is the redundancy and repetitiveness. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the patients improve and go home to be with their families.
Productive and working hours were good. I enjoyed traveling with the company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  AikenOctober 30, 2013
It was a seasonal job and I to be off with my son. Interesting place to work.
Pros
seasonal and fun place to work
Cons
long drive for me.
Work staff was great but management was poor.
Cardiothoracic Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 3, 2013
Generally working in the OR was decent because of the dedicated staff there but because of heavy turnover in managment there was no continuity of leadership which led to low morale and that was hard for staff to deal with. Enjoyed my co-workers there and developed good lifelong friendships.
Independent contractor
Registered Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 26, 2013
Perform vascular ultrasounds on inpatients bi-monthly on inpatients. Have to be an independent worker.
Pros
independent contractor
Cons
pushing heavy equipment around the hospital, exposure to communicable diseases
aiken regional
Registered nurse on the Post-Partum unit (Former Employee) –  aiken, scJanuary 21, 2013
My typical day consisted of direct patient care with a total of 4-5 patients. Patients were either surgical patients or postpartum patients. I would care for patients after surgical procedures. I would provide personal care as well educating the patient during their hospital stay. I would do the monthly staff schedule and also do relief charge as needed. The management was fair and they would listen to concerns and comments provided by staff. The hardest part of my job was helping some staff to keep a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job was caring for the patient.
Very productive and busy
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 17, 2013
A Typical day at work was very hard. I liked it because it was constant and made the hours go by faster.
lots of variation in the job
RN (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 5, 2013
working in the emergency department allowed me to learn all aspects of giving care to all levels
Pros
worked three 12 hour shifts, great team work
Cons
long hectic shifts
Very fast paced and exciting work environment
Care Team Technician (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCDecember 11, 2012
ARMC is a good place to work for if you are looking for fast paced, excitement. It is never boring and will always keep you on your toes!
great learning experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 22, 2012
around 10 patients daily.great learning experience, very fast paced,most enjoyable part was meeting great people.
benefits
Cons
next shift employees not showing up
Great place to work for high school/ college student
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 22, 2012
Typical
Day total customers prices, totaled taxable items, and balanced drawer at the beginning and end of work shift
Pros
great part time hours
Cons
working every weekend

2.9