Aiken Regional Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Rewarding
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 17, 2017
I loved working at Aiken Hospital and being a part of the nursing department was exciting and rewarding. I worked with a outstanding group of nurses and it was more like a family than a regular group of nurses. We all had to pull together to make sure our patients and family member's were well taken care of and we did this with a group effort. The 5th floor Cardiac unit was one of the best floors and was known for being one of the most stressful floors but when you hit this floor, your worked from the moment you hit the floor and it was never boring and after 12 hours on this unit you went home knowing you had but in a full day and praying your give the best possible care to each and every patient on that unit.
Pros
A great learing experiance and an outstanding group of nurses.
Cons
long hours, little time for luch or even bathroom breaks.
Manager
Care Team Tech/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 13, 2017
I love the coworkers but the manager of 5 was very picky and I feel she was racist........she did not acknowledged the techs at all just terrible..She allowed certain people move forward
First Nursing Job
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 13, 2017
I was a psych nurse on a locked geri unit. It was violent and dangerous. I became disillusioned and sought employment in the home care sector. I do not regret leaving.
First Job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 11, 2017
My first job here was on 4th floor-med/surg floor. Excellent team work, nurses always willing to help. Floor was however short staffed on daily basis. Not unusual to take 7 patient load, including charge nurse. Made it mandatory at one time for full time RNs to be scheduled for 4 days/week.
A very negative environment
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 6, 2015
This job is by far the worst I have ever experienced. To start there were so many "clicks" on the floor I worked on. They don't make you feel welcome on the floor because you are a new employee. Constant harassment all shift long by other employees. When you try to go to management to see if they can solve the problem, there is no result. All the manager does is take sides with the staff and make the situation worse. Some nurses don't help AT ALL. Some of them are too lazy to take a patient a cup of water. All some of the nurses do is sit down and play on their cellphones. They burn out the good nurses out with hard assignments all the time and let their friends sit down and do nothing. Management needs to step in and get rid of those lazy negative workers so that the company can give the best patient care they can. As long as they keep these "clicks", then there will continue to be extremely high turn overs and complaints from unsatisfied patients and family members. I would not recommended to anyone until they make great changes.
Pros
making a difference in patients and their family lives
Cons
Lazy employees, Favoritism, Poor team work and poor management
behavioral health unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 27, 2015
I have enjoyed the experience I have gained working at this hospital but feel I would like to broaden my skills by working outside of a hospital setting. I work with a variety of diagnoses and typically have around 8 patients daily. Since I am currently working in behavioral health and mainly work the geriatric unit, I see diagnoses from dementia to schizophrenia to bipolar disorder and others. Many of my patients are being treated for behavioral disorders but also have underlying medical problems that I treat while they are under my care. For example, I often work with patients who require colostomies, PEG tubes, catheter care,etc. One of the main things I have learned is that you treat the patient, not the condition, because each patient is different. The hardest part of my job to me is working long shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing when I make a difference in one of my patient's lives.
Lack of management
Tech in the Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  RadiologyAugust 19, 2015
The schedule was made by coworkers (vast majority throat cutters), no cooperation from the lead tech AT ALL (who always had an excuse to avoid scanning), the pay is really good if you have your credentials but you better have no life outside the hospital. Will be forced to work for days in a row by yourself or be ready to get fired. Have to manage ER, OR & L&D simultaneously by yourself and please all doctors so if you are planning on applying to be a tech in the radiology department, think that sometimes the benefit of a good income simply does NOT outweight hurting your resume and your professional reputation, particularly in such a small town in such a tiny state as South Carolina.
Pros
compensation
Cons
refer to my review...
Very busy business office
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 26, 2015
Weekly quotas had to be met for billing purpose. Friendly office staff and enjoyable place to work. I learned how to meet deadlines and how to bill Medicaid claims along with Medicare secondary. A typical day at work would consist of getting billing out.
Armc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 26, 2015
I work on the cardiac/tele/stepdown unit at ARMC. The unit has a cohesive team that works well together, but we've had trouble keeping a manager. We also haven't gotten any compensation adjustments for the last several years.
great
lpn ob gyn (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 22, 2014
some of the nurses were great......there is always a few who ruin your day.i have learned many things and seen many changes for the good over the years
Pros
strives to be a world class hospital
Cons
need more improvement in er
Good place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 9, 2014
Enjoy working here at ARMC. Difficult to advance. When I applied for a position within the hospital, I was told that it would "cost to much to train me." How do you expect for me to gain the experience I need to "advance!"
Pros
Great teamwork on most floors, benefits
Cons
If you are a dedicated RN, you barely get lunch breaks. 12 hour shifts. Pay should be more for what we have to put up with .
It is a busy place with good people.
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 5, 2013
I enjoyed the people I worked with. I liked doing puzzles and working in microbiology is like that. I sometimes had to be a detective with some of the cultures we got. I always liked it when the physicians would come to get advise and/or suggestions from us concerning a problem case they had. I have been through several laboratory remodels, including one that I had major input ( with the approval of my supervisor).
Pros
free meals on holidays and special events
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for and loved the job.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 9, 2012
Working at a hospital was always exciting and it made me feel good to do my part of being there for the patients in the way that I could. My co workers and management were great. I enjoyed the job, and had to move away. I have been seeking healthcare positions since I moved, but have not been successful. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for patients and there families. The hardest part of that job was seeing families lose loved ones.