Aiken Standard Employee Reviews

Stressful work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 4, 2017
I was hired at this company to be an inserter. I did that for a while it was very stressful to deal with I managed to work my way up to be a machine operator. It then became worse. The environment is very negative and the supervisors were of no help in anyway
Low pay, long days
Inserter (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 7, 2017
This is a minimum wage job. There is no possibility of a raise or moving up in the company. You are given a time to clock in, but you can't leave until the job is finished, whether it takes 5 or 25 hours. There are no scheduled breaks or lunches during your shift. The shift supervisors try to make sure their employees are not overworked, but that is hard to do.
Pros
good shift supervisors
Cons
low pay, no breaks
fast-paced, friendly environment with creative friendly people
Internship (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 21, 2017
I checked advertisement for the newspaper and made special sections for the newspaper like a section for father's day or graduation. I learned about working with a team and that a workplace is not all work. It can be fun, but there is a balance between fun and work. Also co-workers can be you trusted allies.
nice place to work with limited experience
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  aiken, scSeptember 24, 2015
it is demanding. 7 days a week. pay is decent. It is a good place to work if you have limited job experience not a long term job.
A hetic day getting the paper out!
Inserter / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at work very hetic, you deal with alot of problems like the machine breaking down, employees not showing up for work and your boss expecting you to perform miracles with no help from him. Management doesn't know how to do his job and expects you to do his and yours. The hardest part is motivating my employees to stay untill the job is done even though everyone is under paid, over worked and stressed. There is not an enjoyable part of this job i can think of.
Fast paced.
Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 26, 2014
Flexible, family friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job was my clients!
workforce
Lead Pressman (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 26, 2013
Good place to work learned to be a team leader and team player. Management was really good working with co-workers was fun. Hardest part of job meeting strict deadlines. Best part of job was the printing part.
Pros
Learning experinces
Cons
Hard to have family life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aiken Standard. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7