AIM Integrated Logistics Employee Reviews

Good company
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 23, 2017
Aim overall is a good company there seems to be a difficulty getting a good competent dispatcher in place which results in waiting for loads on occasion. This is a good company if you want to be home weekends
Pros
decent pay, Good lanes, good hometime
Cons
dispatch issues
Good place to work need some improvements give it a try I did working out so far.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 11, 2017
This is a good job with a little work on routes and management it could become a better job. I've been here for a good time haven't had any problems except with the routes and days off but they are getting better. You don't know when you working or what routes you have until late afternoon the day of. You don't have no one breathing down your back to get stops done you just go make delivery and pick up a backhaul if assigned. Truck's are nice brand new Volvo and some late model freightliners ( not new). Most of the trailers are in good order. I would recommend this job to anyone who wanna make good money with ok benefits and a relaxed work place. Home time depends on how you run you get a 34 hour reset. They have regional runs with some local stores you are not garented to be local it's a mix of both. The routes are usually overnights home the next day some can be turned same day. There's is some slip seating (boo) probably lost half of you with that. Hope this helps you enjoy your day.
Pros
Good pay, laid back environment.
Cons
Management, days off, schedules
Good Place to Learn
Dispatch Logistic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 26, 2017
A typical work day is meet the Expectations and being Pro Active with:

Plant Manager, Plant Comptroller, Shipping Managers, Sales, Director of Accounts, Director of Operations, Director of Safety, Shop Foreman, Drivers and Carriers.

Keep the plant flowing smoothly with safety as a priority and keeping up with the loads and reports on a daily basis of scheduling, CPP and CPM.

There is a lot of multi tasking and organizing as you deal with a lot of driver paperwork from their daily trip logs. Must be able to identify customer issues with in the bill of laden and proof of deliveries with daily trailer use and units. keeping in mind of the industry changing DOT laws and regulation.

Also assist the Directors in the Quarterly Safety Meeting with the drivers in promoting the Peoples Net, Safety and Company Policies.

Everyday you are learning new challenges with in the industry or the customer demands and how to best approach different challenges.

The workplace culture is very Driver Oriented but in the end the Customer will dictate everything. The hardest part of the job is leaving the job despite the many challenges.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customer, drivers and management and meeting the challenges and the friendship built over the years with the brokers/carriers.
Pros
Very flexible with your hours as long as you work hard
Cons
Career advancement and security is not there unless your a driver
New regional management is clueless
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 12, 2017
New regional Management does not know how to run an account. Constantly not supporting employees instead of helping directly with local management. The attitude is that the company does not care about you.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor New Regional Manager
Excellent Company, Lousy management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 18, 2017
The company is wonderful. The benefits package is great, and the corporate office really does care about their employees.

The office I worked at, however, was mismanaged and made very poor choices about 'higher ups'. This place is worse than Jr. High when it comes to drama and office politics.

To keep it short, I had to resign over a text message because my boss would not take or return my phone call.

As a clerk, there is a lot to learn but it is a busy and fun job if you like meeting and helping a wide variety of people.
Pros
12 hr shifts mean you're only there 3.5 days a week
Cons
on site management is ineffective and makes no effort to communicate with all employees
Busy
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHOctober 7, 2016
Very busy work days, checking in truck drivers for almost the full 12 hour shift. Good pay starting out, if you are willing to do the work and like to stay busy, this is a good place to do it. The management isn't always the best, but they are usually fair and helpful with any issues or complaints you might have.
Good place to start your truck driving career
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHAugust 1, 2016
I've learned a lot in a short time period . Good place to start your career learning the ropes on being a truck driver. The money is there once you get your feet wet. Typical Mon thru Fri work schedule with weekend off.
Dead End Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 16, 2016
As a line haul driver on a dedicated account I had the same schedule every day. That was the only good point. No increase in pay at all, what your paid when you start is all that you will ever make. The equipment is horrible. In 22 years of driving I was broke down more with this company in 3 years than in the preceding 19 years combined. Absolutely no communication in this company.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Equipment, no pay increase, no communication.
Don't bother
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHMarch 25, 2016
They say no weekends but you do work weekends. 65000 is a joke they forget to tell you you have to load on your 10 hour break. Management is non existent you are just a number. And safety is a joke
Pros
Pay check every week
Cons
Work your butt off for nothing
Personaly I wouldnt recommend this company to anyone.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cressona, PAFebruary 27, 2016
One month ago this job advertised 65000 a year, 55 is a maybe. The equipment is one problem after another. Your treated like your an idiot. There are other jobs, don't waste your time here.
Pros
Home daily, mostly
Cons
Constantly waiting to get in/out of plant, trailer to get loaded, majority of days only pay $150
pay is only thing good about this company
driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
Pro to this company is your pay is always on time after 2 weeks other than that don't expect much absolutley no communication with them,they don't appreciate their drivers it's all about the customer.Safety is a joke cause there is none no mechaincs to fix equipment just a horrible company. And to boot now they use the people net against you on speed, This is no lie their CSA scores are a 68% they're close to review, All and all don't waste your time
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Late model daycab trucks
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2015
I drive on a dedicated account for PrimeSource Building Materials. As a flatbed driver, I normally start my day as a live-load at 8 am and run 3-10 stops per day.
Pros
Very good Manager, very good pay
Cons
Give customer (PrimeSource) too much control over drivers, issues with paperwork reaching the corporate office and blaming the driver.
Enjoyable but lacking management
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHApril 25, 2014
Totally enjoy my job but managment is a joke. Serious issues are not taken seriously and stupid issues are spent more time on. Good work environment otherwise.
Pros
Awesome schedule and coworkers
Cons
managment sucks
just anouther job
Truck Driver. (Current Employee) –  ClevelandJanuary 20, 2014
Just your average lease company all they really care about is there equipment. I'm a current driver for a dedicated account and I can tell you all they care about is the truck thats it! Such a self serving company.
Pros
you know what your gonna make
Cons
bad management. Colon is a good boss and it stops there
normal
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHJanuary 8, 2014
4 day work week the hardest part would be the early morning start but my day ends early
Pros
day ends before 3 pm
Cons
day starts early
Overall working for AIM was a good experience
Class A Truck Driver, Singles, Doubles (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHOctober 1, 2013
Typically I worked a 12 - 14 hour day, generally home every day or every other day. My days differed according to the delivery point. Logistical support was adequate. The hardest part of my job was dealing with problems with equipment left by other drivers. the most enjoyable part of my job was the driving. I liked the lanes that we drove.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIM Integrated Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9