AIM NationaLease Employee Reviews

Poor Company Culture
Administrative Assistant/Rental Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 30, 2017
Aim Nationalease is stuck in the old ways of doing business. This is making them go out of business very slowly. They don't like change. They don't keep up with the changing times with how companies will be approved for credit to be able to lease from them. It is easier to go to Penske or Rider to rent a truck then from them if you own a company.
Pros
8 work day
Cons
The company sucks, makes employees backstab each other
Solid Family Company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2017
Very good company to work for. Has a good reputation in the commercial vehicle lease and rental industry. Expanding and growth in the Dedicated Logistics division.
Logs and Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHAugust 22, 2017
When hired I was on suppose to do one thing and things keep changing here. They will add more to your plate if you let them. I will never bring another person in this build EVER
I liked the job, but didn't like that we don',t get paid by the hour.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 5, 2017
.We got paid by the mile and piece.We also wouldn' find out our start time until that day.I liked that our trucks were pre loaded but sometimes overfilled and would have a pallet collapse.
Pros
Good equiptment, newer trucks and they were loaded for you.
Cons
got payed by mile and piece, didn't know start time until that day, sometimes truck overloaded.
good company
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  AZJuly 27, 2017
this is a good company to work for. there is ample training available . the only downside is no OT. but it is a 4 day work week working 10 hr days. which is a nice benefit.
I enjoyed my job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHJuly 6, 2017
I only worked for this company for a short period of time and enjoyed driving for them. I was a regional driver and delivered construction materials. I left due to being called back to my previous employment after being laid off.
Good place to Work
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILJuly 5, 2017
Good company to work for. Plenty of training opportunities. Decent benefits and pay. Good management. Aim has a great apprenticeship program. Overall one of the better companies I have worked for.
Former Fueler Washer
Fueler/Washer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and would still be working for the company had I not been laid off due to loss of contract. Got along well with the customers and shop crew, would go back to the company if the opportunity arose.
not the best compensation for amount of experience
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2017
There were really no advancement opportunities. The compensation compared to various other places were not competitive. I did not feel that my compensation matched my experience and I also felt trapped in my current position with no hope for advancement.
just a job
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 16, 2017
There's always work to be done and busy, good start for someone whos starting out and learning, training is good, don't see myself being here for the rest of my life. Lack of respect from coworkers, no sick days and the times you work aren't good, lacking shop equipment
Pros
Training, pay
Cons
lack of respect, working hours, shop equipment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHMarch 16, 2017
My co-workers are fun to work with and will help if you have any questions. Company provides training to keep up to date with latest technology. Fast paced working environment.
Pros
Fun working environment and great co-workers
Cons
Communication between management and workers needs improvement
Great Training
Apprentich Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYMarch 16, 2017
Its a good company to work for. I don't see my self working here for the rest of my life though. The training that you are supplied with and have access to is amazing. They do not rebuild air tools or offer any kind of tool allowance. No boot allowance yet required to have steel toe boots. You do not get any sick days. Vacation and pay is on par with other companies in this field. If they had better retirement, sick days, and the possibility of getting 4 weeks of vacation. I would consider working here for the long haul.
Pros
Training, pay, support
Cons
sick days, health insurance, retirement, boot allowance
Good place to get a start in this industry
Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 16, 2017
A good company to start at if you are new to the industry. Ample opportunities for training and to stay up to date on equipment. Also, a good place to stay and move up if you're seeking advancement.
Pros
everything.
Cons
service maneger
Good place to get a start in this industry
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILMarch 16, 2017
Pros
everything.
Terrible Management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILFebruary 23, 2017
The benefits of this company are great however it doesn't outweigh the negatives. The management of this company makes up things that works in their favor. You personal file doesn't seem to have any truth to it. You get hired for one thing and then suddenly the job requirements change after they get you in the door. This company does not care about anything but themselves and wanted me to put them before my kids.
managment needs redone throught company
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHFebruary 15, 2017
the only good thing about working at aim was the pay and benefits, the managers lie to you to get you in the door and the corporate office loses some of your personal file when upper management wants them too. they do not stock parts for any repairs that a daily repair.
Pros
benifits
Cons
managment
A job that served a purpose.
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Their pay was fair and good benefits package. The job and co-workers were good. Very humble surroundings. Pace was hectic but such is the nature of the business. I learned even more about the mechanics of the trucks. Hardest part of the job at times was having to pick up and deliver customers equipment.
Cons
Company shop equipment lacking.
Great Co-workers
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 31, 2017
The employees were the best. Upper management was helpful. I didn't see advancement opportunities. The hours didn't work for me. The lunch times were acceptable.
good but needs improvment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHOctober 5, 2016
good work environment but the management need improvement in the fact that they do not really listen to the workers when they have ideas that could improve the productivity of the shop and need to get the appropriate tooling for the equipment that they service.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lunch time could be longer
Poor Moral
Heavy Truck Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 27, 2016
This company has too many Chiefs & not enough Indians. There is an insufficient supply of essential shop equipment. (One shop computer, one set of tire irons, one set of jack stands, etc. The bare limited shop equipment is old and boarder line unsafe. There is little to no room for overtime pay or to excel. This is a great place for someone with little to no mechanical work experience to learn the basics. Pay incentives are very poor. Employee moral is at an all time low.
Pros
Apprentice mechanic friendly
Cons
Shop equipment, moral, incentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIM NationaLease. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5