AIM NationaLease Employee Reviews in United States

Great staff and facilities
employee (Former Employee) –  ohioDecember 16, 2015
Aim is a great employer who seems to try its best to support its staff and their decisions. the days are fast paced and often hectic, but usually ends with a sense of accomplishment. the training program is great and you are provided with a lot of hands on resources.
Good local job with few overnights.
Local/OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 11, 2015
They had nice trucks and fixed them if there were any problems quickly. The work was easy and steady through the slow season.
Cons
Colorado winters, chaining, and empty loads on the trip home
great employment
Driver/ fueler (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 9, 2015
great company that treated you with respect and great pay they are the reason i have my class A cdl because they took the time to train me.the pay was great and so were their bosses.
Pros
paid training
Cons
It was a great place to work for
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Nazareth,paOctober 11, 2015
I worked for this company for almost 5 years. New management took over and is running the shop into the ground. All the mechanics in the shop complained to higher management and nobody does anything in this company. There is a lot of favoritism and if your not on the good side you are nobody and that's how they will make you feel. Nothing but a bunch of empty promises. I was told I could take over shop when the old service manager retired and all they did was give me the run around. The new service manager is lazy and don't care about anything but himself. Stay away from this company
Cons
Poor management
poor management
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAJune 25, 2015
I 'm second shift so I normally catch up anything first shift doesnt get, do a pmi, after that handle any break downs, then pack tools and head to our one customer who has about 30 straight trucks and about 6 tractors and maybe 10 trailers which they destroy nightly and must be repaired on site by end of my shift.
This could be a great company to work for it's now a four man shop,
instead Aim is running it to the ground , they (give) a sign on bonus -
2,500. in realilty is 100 dollars every 3 months after completing your 90 days. .
Pros
other mechanic's good to work with.
Cons
poor management
good placed to work provides training. etc
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  garfield heights ohioFebruary 23, 2015
at the biggining of day major job assignment was given. then during the course of the day, I was given minor assignments. general assignment were given with minimum supervision.
Pros
personal time off, vacation, some benefits.
Cons
none.
productive
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  OHFebruary 2, 2015
Each day was good, as long as they had product up and ready to go
At both Shipper and Receiver. Management was not very good at Aims for things we needed to get done, just about the money.
Co Worker were very good, were close. Hardest part of the job was securing down doors on trailers and securement of load' I worked 4 days on 3 days off each week.

Aim started out to be a caring company, but as days went on, it was all about the money. I had to take medical leave, I came up with frozen shoulders, due to many years driving and hard work that came with the job. Aims terminated me for being off over 21 days. Took my insurance away and all that was with it.
Pros
only fuel points from fuel cards
Cons
not standing behind there drives
Professionalsim with a strong company strive for acheivement to put the customer's needs first.
Service Manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, PAOctober 3, 2014
My current employer/position. Manage my repair shop with a great group of hardworking technicians. The nature of the job allows for new challenges everyday whereas myself and my technicians have to work together diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing the problem in order to keep our customers happy and their business moving - the managers job to make the right repairs and keep cost down is recognized by upper management.
- in order to keep a positive work environment I distribute the work load amongst my crew in order to give all opportunity to learn more at the same time keeping their interest. I enjoy working the garage when I can with my techs and motivating them with challenges to think for themselves and use others to assist without hurting their pride.
The management staff above me puts trust in me and is there for any of my needs in order to better improve productivity and keep cost down. I am held accountable for the production and accomplishments of my terminal, at same time constantly striving to improve the work environment for employees to have a well organized and positive place to come to everyday.
I come to work in the morning reviewing the prior nights work orders and make any corrections and order any parts and maintain a morning active schedule with my morning/daylight crew. My regional manager will discuss equipment status with me and will spend the day managing operations of the terminal.
I am responsible for all operations with my facility and have a great support staff in our corporate office/terminal. we have many locations and share reciprocating service
  more... with all other AIM shops and other NationaLease affiliates.
My days are long and I thrive in the high pace challenges that I am presented daily -
Pros
healthcare
Cons
salary compensation
Local position
Truck Driver-Local-Bridgeville (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PA at Clover Mountain FoodsMay 15, 2014
Good local position if you can polish up your people skills toward Management. Then at that its a shot in the dark. Co workers were great, however I didn't learn much from them. I guess they were to busy trying to keep there own jobs. The most enjoyable part of the day was going home.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
having to deal with management and the heavy boxes
Look else where first
Diesel Technicain (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 15, 2014
The typical day to day operations are the same as anywhere else, with the expection of having to drop what your doing for accounts that are upper managements "special accounts". Was told that they take care of their employees which wasnt the case at all. Its profits, customers and then employees. The employees that I worked with on a day to day basis were very friendly, knowledgeable and I would work with them again anywhere else. Management on the upper levels leave a bad taste in your mouth. I did recieve some training that was helpful. They do not have a boot allowance, healthcare benefits are decent as long as you dont have a family. There was alot of time wasted running around town to pick up and drop off vehicles for customers as well as picking up parts that any other shop Ive worked in had in stock. The most enjoyable part of the day for me was going home. The hardest part of the job was dealing with being micro-managed everyday.
Pros
nice shop and big on training
Cons
micro-managing and lack of respect for employees
its just a job
Driver (Current Employee) –  clevelandJanuary 7, 2014
I've been driving for them for a while through a dedicated account thats a good thing but the company will not back you up and the service shop isn't good. Butt all and all they would like to be live that the are the best but they are really just average at best. Pay is always their though.
Pros
pay is always on time
Cons
no company support
Extremely discriminative
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHNovember 22, 2013
Discriminative, double standards and disfunctional is the only way this family owned business, that has been around for approximately 30 years, can be described. A place where the Human Resources department is supposed to be neutral, but are close friends with management and a select few employees. A company that creates, thrives on and promotes bad behavior and inefficiencies. They allow and encourage employee attack employee. A hostile work environment is how the service department can be characterized; to include foul language, temper tantrums, abusive and very unprofessional. Nobody is held accountable. It is a thankless job where you are made to feel unappreciated everyday, especially if you are of female gender. The best part of the job is always being busy and the customers.
Pros
the customers
Cons
very low pay for the female gender and not treated equally
constantly busy, multitasking is a must!!
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Anywhere, OHJuly 30, 2013
over all, not a bad place to work. Much is expected of you - not for everyone!
A Job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Garfield Hts, OHJuly 9, 2013
Great service manager, lousy training department, ignorant drivers.
Pros
service manager
Cons
the company itself
Good company to work for.
Shop Foreman/ Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 29, 2013
Good company. Small shop with only two tech's. Good overall work place.
The worst of the worst
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 8, 2013
This company is so unethical in their business practices it's not even funny. I was a model employee (driver) and I still got fired even after I did everything I was told to do by my supervisor. They need to appease their clients, so if one of their clients doesn't like you for whatever reason, then they will simply dispose of you rather than trying to work the situation out.

This was the only company that I have ever been fired from, and it's been difficult to find work because of that on my record. Avoid AIM at all costs. It's a revolving door.
it was a fun and productive place to work, just was a long drive to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJanuary 23, 2013
*opened the shop, checked work load for the day, prioritised what need to get done for that day, occational breakdown
*did not learn anything there, I did alot of teaching
*management- the service manager is a good guy, has some experience, but his boss, mean person that is negative
*I got along with all of the guys in the shop, taught alot of them a few things
*the drive, was 100 miles round trip for me
*having fun joking around with the other guys in the shop while doing our work
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
the commute to and from work
duties
Lead Second Shift Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  canton, ohioOctober 25, 2012
managed all 2nd shift work
performed refrigeration trailer/ truck repairs
Pros
great place to work with tons of training available
Cons
2nd shift
Great place to work for the right person..able to fit in with the overal social climate...
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2012
Typical day at work...never know what to expect...got to keep an opened mind
What I learned...that every job comes with its own set of problems...do your best to solve them...
Management...it just like people...management makes mistakes too...
Sometimes...no matter how hard you try...you can't make them like you...
The hardest part of the job... is resolving matters of conflict resolutions...
The most enjoyable part of the job...when I was busy.
Pros
sometimes the manager would take you out to lunch or buy lunch for everyone...
Cons
aim had an excellent health care benefit's package
Trucking Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 29, 2012
Typical day,Answering phones,Greeting customer, processing fuel sheets. ordering supplies,Billing,ordering larger lunch for classes. making travel reservations.Co-workers easy to work with. I really enjoyed the job.
Pros
business casual
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIM NationaLease. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4