Aim Services Employee Reviews

Don't recommend
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Poor management, poor management training, does not hold poor managers accountable for actions. I have been forced to change my work schedule 4 times since starting here in order to make it so my manager does not have to cover openings. Lack of proper support for individuals as well as employees. Supposed to be a "linear" work environment but a lot of managers talk down to you, don't listen to your concerns or ideas. Has a high employee turn over. Pay is decent. Healthcare and paid time off are the only advantages to the job as opposed to other agencies
Pros
Paid time off, healthcare
Cons
management is the worst i've ever seen
Self rewarding as skills improved.
Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 13, 2017
I worked with a individual with developmental disabilities. I worked on personal care and hygiene, along with chores and responsibilities. I sometimes had to work on behavior issues and go out into the community for social outings. I enjoyed working on daily tasks and safety in and out of the home. I enjoyed spending time with the individual I worked with. It is self gratifying to see skills gained with creative times spent with my client.
Pros
To help improve someones life for independence.
Cons
It can be stressful at times but the end results are worth it all.
Comfortable environment with a variety of places to work at for example : Military bases, schools, hospitals
Asbestos Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 3, 2017
The relations with the employees were excellent as well as the manager and CEO.
We celebrated holidays in the workplace . Our birthday’s were noticed .
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, provided work materials and protection, etc..
Cons
Had to work on roofs in Nocturnal hours
No goal
Fire Alarm Technician/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2017
You looking for a career in this company don't because there's no career achievement there.
Customer service is bad communication is bad everybody think they better than each other it's always competitive.
Place for fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 14, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Fast paced. Need to be able to lift 25 or more pounds at a time. Lots of demolition work. Good for someone who has a lot of construction skills.
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
did not learn enough
Great team
Broker (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 12, 2017
AIM Services is very dedicated to the disabled individuals and their staff. I enjoy speaking to the teams and love being a part of a great company. Great work environment.
Pros
Everyone is helpful
Cons
Person centered professional work environment
Office (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Since working at AIM I have received multiple advancement opportunities as well as fair pay and raises. AIM has an employee recognition committee that puts a lot of effort into making employees feel recognized for their hard work. Aim has a work environment that centers around supporting people and there are lots of sincere shows of appreciation for the hard work of each employee. AIM is not an agency driven by regulations and the bottom line. There is responsible management of these aspects but the work environment feels good to be a part of because the focus is on the people supported. Like any organization in this field, there are ongoing challenges to maintain staffing ratios and provide the best services possible. However, AIM administration has had success with thoughtful approaches to minimize these issues and focus on driving the best outcomes for people.
Pros
Fair compensation and benefits, professional work environment, clear mission and dedicated employees
Cons
Limited time off in first year of employment
Awesome place to work for.
Temporary File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 4, 2017
My employer and coworkers were awesome. I loved going into work every morning. Never had an issue with anyone that worked there. Learned a lot about the job and anytime I had a question someone was always willing to help.
Love the JOB
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 6, 2017
Great people to work with. The com[any seems to be a great company. I admire a company who is will to give you opportunities. I would love to come back to work. But the work is slow.
Great place if they had the hours.
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHApril 30, 2017
Management needs more experience was no hours to make a living.Owner was great man to work for had a open door policy they did what they could to help you out just did not have enough work to go around.
Pros
great company
Cons
no hours
Horrible place to work
Com hab (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 26, 2017
Agency is extremely unprofessional, hardest people to get in contact with and extremely disorganized. When it comes to their employees their actual support as an employer is awful. The amount of unprofessionalism this agency consists of is a disgrace to the direct support staff who enjoy their work. Getting the pay you have worked for has never been so hard to receive by such an agency.

I feel sorry for the family of the individuals supported by this agency along with the individuals themselves, as no adequate employee would enjoy working for this agency.
Pros
The individuals you support
Cons
The agency and especially the payroll department
Do not apply here
direct support professional (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 12, 2015
I've been working since I could have a job and have had some pretty terrible jobs. Nothing compares to this place. You have ZERO guidance, no support from the main office, you have to call and leave multiple messages and write multiple emails to finally reach someone, this is usually after you call their boss. Poor training, pretty much non existent. This is not a place you want to get started because they teach you nothing. You learn everything on your own.
Pros
Pay was chosen by clients family so it could be good
Cons
Everything else
poor management
direct suppot (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 5, 2015
I loved my job, but did not enjoy working for this company. Very rude and not helpful. Make you work when you can not. Long hard hours.
Hardworking dedicated small team. Comradery second to none
EMR Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Work day starts at 8:00 a.m. finishes at 5:00 p.m.
A good variety of support issues to keep the mind challenged .
Co-workers are awesome and very supportive.
Pros
Able to work from home, Diversity of working with multi specialty medical clinics
Cons
only 5 vacations days a year until you have worked there 10 years, No 401k because its a small company
its an ok place to work..
direct support personal (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 2, 2014
I loved working with the consumers its a very rewarding job. They have a lot of staff who are not there for the right reasons. Its a job in which you shouldn't be there for just a pay check. These are people who have rights and should be treated with respect. It was very hard to work with people who weren't respecting the consumers rights.
Training is great
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Saratoga, NYSeptember 6, 2014
They provide you with great training. It would be better if there was more variety
Pros
Training is great
Cons
Long hours, Mandatory twelve hour shifts.
Fun
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 5, 2014
Loved working with the young adults with developmental disabilities. Had a great time taking them on different recreational actives everyday.
Humbling and rewarding experience
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 3, 2013
The consumers were wonderful to work with! Absolutely loved the job! The hardest part of the job was management; the company is managed poorly and no care given to employees. The consumers were not given sufficient staffing to accommodate their daily needs, and therefore somewhat neglected by the agency. The direct care was fun and rewarding; assisting consumers with daily activities in a home environment. We often went out into the community for activities and several of our clients worked in the community. My co-workers were some of the best people I have ever known; very giving and caring people.
Pros
fast pace, home environment
Cons
mismanagement of company caused great losses to staffing
I loved Aim!
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 29, 2013
Loved working at Aim. Being a not-for-profit I expected the pay to be a little less then it would have been at a for-profit but the benefits really made up for it! Loved my co-workers and the whole feel of the company. Would have loved to stay there long term but I relocated to CT and had to say goodbye.
Poor
Title Maintenance Generalist (Former Employee) –  saratoga nyOctober 29, 2013
Miss managed and poor maintenance work. Work consisted of all aspects of residential work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aim Services. Our community is ready to answer.