AIM Specialty Health Employee Reviews in United States

fun work
JAVA/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2016
work life balance is good . apt for ladies and people who wish to go to onsite and be ready to wait for years .
Cons
very low salary when compared to all other software companies . this is why people resign and go for other offers .
Advice to Management
increase salaries or else everybody will resign and you will end up in some huge loss
Productive and fast pace invornment
Referral Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILApril 6, 2016
Answered incoming calls from doctors offices and hospitals to authorize diagnostic imaging procedures for Anthem insurance. Answered any emails. Also up kept my calls to the best customer service quality as known on monthly audits.
Trainer II (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 11, 2016
AIM Specialty Health is a great place to work. I enjoy working for the different levels of management. I have been afforded the opportunity to work with Operations to prepare the Contact Center with implementations for new clients and products.
Great Company
Benefit Referral Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 11, 2016
Plenty of work to do and opportunities. Excellent training. Lots of team work. Management was always there to assist if needed. Lots of diversity in positions.
Growing company with great benefits.
Claims Operations Expert (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, IllinoisJuly 7, 2015
I have worked at this company for almost 21 years. The claims department has been closed down and the company is going in different directions.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Not able to place me in a position with my current salary.
Stagnating work environment, limited time due to call center culture.
Customer Service Referral Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILApril 22, 2015
Company advancement is slow and stagnating even for hardworking talented employees. Career advancement appears to be based more on who you know and age (early careerist).
Pros
job security, perfect for older employees who are not seeking career advancement
Cons
short breaks, critical attendence policy
Great People to work with
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJuly 20, 2015
The people are great, and the training is great. Training is two weeks in classroom, and two weeks with mentor. Money is so-so.
Pros
people, training
Cons
pay
Not a very nice place to work
Utilazation Review (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 20, 2015
It started off well enough, until you were nit picked into insanity.
The program was ever changing, and they would try and tell you ahead of time, but most of the time that did not happen.
The culture in the office became very strained when they had you punching in and out to go to the bathroom.
Managers definitely had their favorites, and if you were not one of them watch out!!!!!!
Pros
wonderful coworkers
Cons
everything, from going to the bathroom to blowing your nose.
nice enviroment
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ilMay 27, 2015
I have learned to communicate with people on all levels. I have learned to practice patience and use my communication skills to help someone in need.
Cons
15 min breaks and 30 min lunch
uncommitted to employees
Oncology Nurse Reviewer- Per (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILNovember 3, 2014
This job was not what I expected and did not received what was promised upon hire. Company as a whole is not open to education advancement you have to pursue a higher education on your on time they will not accommodate you going to school. And if you have a sudden life change or situation they are not loyal to there employees or compassionate.
Cons
not employee orient or loyal to empolyees
SR. Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Aim is good place to work in terms of work and personal life.Management is good.Coworkers are supportive.I learned healthcare and analytic skills there.
Summary
Sr. Technical Manager of Development (Current Employee) –  Deerfield ILApril 16, 2014
fun place to work. Innovative.
good co-workers.

With over 35 million members covered across 50 states, D.C. and US territories. AIM is a national leader in specialty benefits management. Through an innovative approach, AIM promotes the appropriate, safe and cost effective use of clinical services including: radiology, cardiology, oncology, specialty drugs, and sleep medicine. For over 20 years, AIM has helped clients and their members realize proven results through its solutions while maintaining superior service.
Productive, hard-working, team players, informative
BENEFITS REFERRAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILApril 14, 2014
A typical day involves handling clients calls from physicians, member and health insurance companies from all over the U.S. I have learned more about diagnosis, ICD-9 codes, and patient demographics here than in any other benefits job previous. There are team assignments given throughout the month with different task to preform and goals to meet as well.

Everyone plays as a team but can handle individual work as well. This job involves problem solving, quick -thinking, alertness, and outstanding customer service at all times.
Fun place to work with various paths to advancement
Health Care Customer Service (Referral Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILOctober 22, 2013
I typical take on average about 60 calls a day; while a 3rd of those calls are pre-authorization. The other calls taken are typical members that cannot get pre-authorization, changing facilities of services, and addressing customer inquries. Your knowledge will be tested periodically with various exams to test you knowledge.
Pros
great benefits, pay is ok ( if your out of school), health club reimbursement, bonuses, and light call volume
Cons
the breaks can be longer and lunches can be higher (30 min break), have to meet a lot of performance metrics to keep job
Challenging and Fun Work place
System Performance QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, IL USAApril 7, 2013
Very challenging, interesting and know what I am working on business/technology.
Get an opportunity to work and learn various QA technologies and tools.
Management given opportunity to work Agile Software Development process, automation and performance test tools like Test Partner, QTP, Silk performer and Quality center.
Nice people around IT and/or Non IT.
hardest part - if the dependent resources not available and some thing required from to perform my job and will be delayed will effect time lines.
Production releases and working to meet the release timelines are more enjoyable.
A good entry level company
Compliance Department (Current Employee) –  ILOctober 26, 2012
I cam to AIM looking for a change and I definitely found it. I had never worked in a call center environment before and I excelled pretty quickly. But it seems theirs not much room for advancement and politics play heavy into what positions are held. Theirs only few people in this company that were promoted based on merit, that I know of. Overall, it's a great place to be and your co-workers are like family, but theirs definitely a glass ceiling in this organization.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
limited to non-existent altitude.
I'm not writing a review as this company isn't worth the words
Referral Specialist I-Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJuly 26, 2014
Don't waste your time working here, management is less than experienced and immature as is their parent company
Pros
got my drivers license and cars because of this job, finished most of my college credits
Cons
no room for advancement, no second chances
Fine if you are 1-2 levels removed from senior management
mid-level management (Current Employee) –  illinoisMay 7, 2014
Truly dysfunctional senior management team, with one or two bright spots. Run for the hills if you think you can get anything pushed through this group.

On a positive note - most of the people below the senior management level are amazing and fantastic people to work with.
Educational and flexible workplace
Claims Examiner 2 (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 7, 2012
Thanks to several perks of the dept I was working in, I was able to learn and grow as an employee and professional. The management team I worked under was amazing and always willing to help whenever possible.
Work here and see how you like it
Referral Specialist I-Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILJune 11, 2013
While I have enjoyed some success here at AIM, I feel the work culture has severely changed due to being acquired by a corporation. A typical day at my job? 8 and a half hours a day authorizing medical exams for doctors offices. I've used medical terminology that will help me in my degree in Psychology. While I believe management has been effective in the past, the recent changes has made our positions unbearable to come to, to say the least. Most of my coworkers have been stressed out by the constant micromanagement we go through on a daily basis, but some are just downright immature and are hanging onto a high school mentality which has no place in a workplace. The hardest part of my job is sitting through some verbal abuse from callers who are just as ignorant when they call us to get medical exams authorized. The most enjoyable part, is some of the downtime between calls I have to work on my class work or reading.
Pros
benefits, educational assistance
Cons
management and micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIM Specialty Health. Our community is ready to answer.