Aimbridge Hospitality Employee Reviews

Underwhelming company.
Guest Services Rep (Current Employee), IndianaMarch 6, 2015
Cons: negligent management, lack of opportunity for advancement
This company seems more driven in its acquisition of small, run down hotels than cultivating what it currently has. Many property renovations are left half completed by underpaid work crews who did not do the job as well as one would hope.

Upper management is difficult/impossible to reach when serious work issues arise. Basic company policies are passed over and not adhered to (i.e. favoritism, bullying, unprofessional management interactions with staff).

Very high turnover of management and hourly employees makes this company difficult to stick with. You will always be fighting for a raise. The answer will always be "corporate hasn't approved it yet."

If more effort were put into making their employees feel less disposablen, or even appreciated in general, they might have a fighting chance.

Aimbridge is definitely falling behind the pack of greater companies to work for.
Bad Company
housekeeper (Current Employee), Richmond VirginiaMarch 5, 2015
This job has no good things to say about them. The managers are all so unprofessional even the head GM. Its a lot of favoritism and unfairness...who wants to deal with that. Aimbridge recently took over our company and I thought it was already bad well it just got WORSE. They are so cheap beautiful hotel with cheap quality inside the rooms I wouldn't recommend someone paying so much for a room when they are providing cheap hard toilet paper and tissues. Never have I ever worked in a place with such bad management. Its so much more I can say but I'll be typing forever we never can keep any housekeepers because they don't know how to treat us I guess they look beneath us because we clean but we also are the reason why they have guest. This job is only for a college student that need a job until they either graduate or get a job that matches their career never settle for a BS housekeeping job like this one
It's a Job that's it
Room attendant (Current Employee), Birmingham al.February 27, 2015
Cons: hours, short breaks
They took over one of the Hyatts in Birmingham, it's has went from Ok to horrible. We I first started here n July of 2014 it was a pretty ok place. It had its problems but it was still an ok place to work. Once Aimbridge took over it went down. Supplies are cheaper quality, our score went to sh**, we were promise a bonus that we have yet to receive. On top of that fact they cut hours, now there only willing to pay for 30-35 hours and where suppose to be full time employees with 40+ hours. Also the general manager does a lot of calling housekeepers off witch also effects your hours as will. And with that being said its a job but most definitely not a place to make permanent(career).
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE
FRONT DESK (Former Employee), TEXASFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: $3-$5 FOR LUNCH....
Cons: NON
Poor culture, poor training, poor pay.. NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK..... THEY DON'T TRUST NO ONE....
Do I really have to rate them 1 star??
Guest Services (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: nothing.
Cons: literally, everything you can think of.
RUN. Do NOT work for this company. Poor company structure, they treat employees like grunts, benefits are horrible, you are better with government healthcare, NO opportunity for advancement, and their hotel employee discount sucks. Oh, and no holiday pay, which is a big thing considering hotels never close.... Oh, the pay is below average as well.

They took over Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast, which is in Mason, OH. It was a change for the worst. The hotel structure was pretty bad already, and Aimbridge was the final nail in the coffin. The job was seriously turning me into an alcoholic. Not worth the stress. Please, RUN from this company.
Poor Corporate Leadership
... (Former Employee), ...March 24, 2014
Cons: poor culture
Corporate leadership is inept and have little support for the field. Dedication and loyalty are not respected and there is little or no value for individual contributions. RVP's are pompous and self indulging.
Inept, lying management.
Night Audit (Current Employee), Lake Oswego, OregonNovember 6, 2013
Cons: lying management
Can't really say anything new to what has already been said from the earlier reviews. With all the negative reviews about the management from multiple properties, the lying in particular, the question has to be raised if whether or not Aimbridge actually stands behind such detrimental and illegal behaviour from supposed leaders. There's a reason the Phoenix Inn Suites of Lake Oswego, Oregon ranks LAST in customer satisfaction amongst all 8 other properties in the area.
Want to live a real life nightmare? Then work here...
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Embassy Suites Market Center, Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2013
Cons: no job safety.
I have been in the hotel business for more than 20 years. Never had I worked in a place as horrible and miserable as this one. Management is unorganized and unprofessional. They only seemed concerned about saving their own face. Stunts are pulled behind your back constantly. I worked here for only four months and during that time the hotel lost two front office managers, two controllers, two sales managers, one front desk supervisor, several desk clerks (they're now down to only 3 clerks - including the night auditor) Managment does not take any responsiblity for mistakes, and instead put the blame on hourly employees. Honestly, I have never worked for such a bunch of arrogant idiots in my decades long career in this industry. STAY AWAY! STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!!
Used and Abused
Sales (Former Employee), DallasMarch 23, 2013
No integrity from the top to the bottom. You can't trust management because they lie. Beware!!! There are PLENTY of great hospitality companies out there. This one is not!
Very little training and very unorganized
Sales (Former Employee), Dallas (market center)February 23, 2013
Very disappointed with the "training" I took this position to further my career instead I found an environment where all I learned were bad habits. Management drops the ball a lot and then looks for someone to blame. If you are looking for management that will take you the distance I would keep looking.
Solid and Supportive
Business Travel Sales Manager (Current Employee), OklahomaAugust 29, 2012
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: cap on incentive plan :(
Aimbridge has set the bar for top managment companies to work for. EXTREMELY supportive. Have been persued by other hotels and would never consider leaving. Work hard - play harder.
under appreciated, over worked
Front Desk (Former Employee), Chicago IlAugust 26, 2012
Pros: decent insurance
Cons: under appreciated
You can tell management your problems and nothing will be done about your problems. A lot of talking behind your back and never to your face and always one excuse after another. You work hard and get no acknowledgment .
Unfair, Unrealistic, everyone is miserable
Director of Sales (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2012
Cons: management only complains
Its bad when everyone in the hotel hates their job, and hates coming to work. Guest can even notice it.
Aimbridge Hospitality is a nice & active workplace
Senior Tax Specialist, Accounting Department (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMay 21, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: too much drama
Very busy & growing company. No commend on management level.
Hospitality MGMT Co
Business Transient Sales Mgr (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2012
Pros: trans
This is a company with strong focus on the bottom line. The corporate culture is work hard and play even harder and they strickly abide by that motto