Aimbridge Hospitality Employee Reviews

Very low pay, management doesnt care about you.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2016
Very low pay, pending on where you go. Management is never around, and when they are, they seem to really not care about any of the employees below them. Everything can sometimes be a "joke", as in nothing is taken seriously when it really matters. Broken/faulty/never replaced equipment or tools. Scheduling can be a doozy. Call offs? Forget about it. I worked with a good group of people, but unfortunately management overshadowed them, making it hard to cope with them at times. Not bad job when it comes to what you will do, not physically intensive, mostly standing for entire shift, really no breaks unless there is another person with you.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Pay, benefits, hours, management
Great hourly pay raises, every 12 months
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Worked for aimbridge for 25 years and received 25 cent raise, not bad that's a penny a year and you won't get that type of pay increase i don't care where you work!!
Pros
Great pay increases
Cons
Notta
Great Company/Not Great property managers
Assistant Concierge Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 2, 2016
Working for Aimbridge Hospitality and benefits has been a great experience. The managers at the property not so much, but then again; the property is owned by a great enterprise that specializes in the fixture of great and historical buildings managing a Hilton brand that is unionized.
Great opportunities are expected from this Aimbridge which I know they can accomplish
WORST job EVER
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 3, 2016
Unfair management, lots of favoritism to certain employees by management, no room for advancement, extremely high turnover rate, rarely have enough supplies to get the job done or even started for that matter, mold in the walls behind wallpaper and in some rooms behind the curtain, stained linen, guests are allowed to check out whenever they please instead of when they're supposed to and front desk nor management does anything about it so you'll have to just wait until the guest decides to go so you can get your job done while having 17-18 rooms per day so good luck getting that done in 8 hours, no more free lunch if you order something they take it out of your check, no holiday pay, and as for a raise...forget about it, needs to have a union because company will not fight for its employees, I wouldn't recommend working for this company to my worst enemy.
Cons
not very good place to start a carrer
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  bwiFebruary 22, 2017
this has been by far the worst place that I have worked in the last 5 years. they are short on all staff specifically for the work to fall back on hard working people.
Pros
shuttle from airport
Cons
no meals, barley any breaks, low pay, and demotions before promotions
Save your time look elsewhere
Frontdesk/bartender (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJanuary 25, 2017
I worked here for a year. Horrible management could careless about the employees. They treat everybody like they are replaceable and under appreciated. Never willing to work with schedule and they allow harrasment and innapropiate behavior but do not tolerate gossip. Too many double standards.
Good learning experience. Would not recommend
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2016
I enjoyed my little time there. Just had a problem reaching call goals in an area that was already very well covered. Then was placed in an area which made no sense for companies to utilize our hotel but did it anyway.
Pros
Good Pay, Great bonus structure, Upper Management only cares about DOS's to promote.
Cons
Expected to work the entire day without any break, Working lunch everyday, Very High Call goals
Company
Host (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 12, 2016
From what I can tell from this company is that , they don't treat their workers fairly unless you are in management and even then it's a truffle.
Scheduled stink you could end up working 8-9days straight according to how the week falls .
Poor training..... All of management fraternize outside of work going to bars coming in the next day hungover .
Then if you need them and call them they don't answer .
They don't pay holidays either ....
Pros
People are fun to work with
Cons
Overworked and poor management
Never Work for Aimbridge Hospitality
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 2, 2016
This company is an awful company to work for. The gm, managers, and every employee is horrible. When you interview with the gm and your promised a position amd that position is given to a a child just because she is best friends with the agm. They hire within a housekeeping manager who doesn't do his job let alones cares about his position. The management staff can speak to however they want and when you say something your treated like dirt and let go. Nothing is kept between managers either. Gm is never on property and doesnt care about how her so called managers treat people. Hire people that have no idea what they are doing. Racist company. Awful training, if you recieve any at all, cant answer any questions about corperate.

THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!!
Pros
NEVER WORK FOR AIMBRIDGE HOSPITALITY!!!
Cons
Horrible company
Aimbridge was a good company to work for.
PURCHASING & SHIPPING/RECEIVING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 15, 2016
I was thankful to be the purchasing and shipping/receiving manager for the Crowne Plaza Hotel, in Addison. I learned so much in 9 years.
Pros
job security, loyal employees, great group of managers to work with, and learn from.
Cons
no cons
Biased company
Bartender/slave (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2016
Started out very well. But turned into a nightmare when other people from other depts tried to manage thing they have very little knowledge of. Short staffed and under appreciated as well. My co workers were amazing and I have made life long friends
Pros
Friends and co workers night shift
Cons
No support
Underwhelming company.
Guest Services Rep (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 6, 2015
This company seems more driven in its acquisition of small, run down hotels than cultivating what it currently has. Many property renovations are left half completed by underpaid work crews who did not do the job as well as one would hope.

Upper management is difficult/impossible to reach when serious work issues arise. Basic company policies are passed over and not adhered to (i.e. favoritism, bullying, unprofessional management interactions with staff).

Very high turnover of management and hourly employees makes this company difficult to stick with. You will always be fighting for a raise. The answer will always be "corporate hasn't approved it yet."

If more effort were put into making their employees feel less disposablen, or even appreciated in general, they might have a fighting chance.

Aimbridge is definitely falling behind the pack of greater companies to work for.
Cons
negligent management, lack of opportunity for advancement
Glass ceiling is visible, they hire you and talk about you,
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
Management is idiots, really. They are outrightly biased, discriminating, You WILL BE over worked and LITERALLY underpaid. They forgot to pay me TWICE. And when I complained to HUMAN RESOURCES. She said she was to busy to deal with me.. She called me the devil. For knocking on her door while she was in prayer.
You will work everybody shift.. Including yours and they will forget to pay you. Then when you decide not to work EXTRA shifts because they forget to pay you.. They look at you like you should be replaced. Or like your last.. Without reprimanded the people who called off in the first place.
Pros
Cons
You will be conned by management.
Do not wish to comment
Director of Sales & Brand Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2017
N/A - do not wish to comment. Overall is hit and miss based on individuals - no set standards. Work - life balance is missing
Do I really have to rate them 1 star??
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioFebruary 18, 2015
RUN. Do NOT work for this company. Poor company structure, they treat employees like grunts, benefits are horrible, you are better with government healthcare, NO opportunity for advancement, and their hotel employee discount sucks. Oh, and no holiday pay, which is a big thing considering hotels never close.... Oh, the pay is below average as well.

They took over Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast, which is in Mason, OH. It was a change for the worst. The hotel structure was pretty bad already, and Aimbridge was the final nail in the coffin. The job was seriously turning me into an alcoholic. Not worth the stress. Please, RUN from this company.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Literally, everything you can think of.
great workplace
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 24, 2016
Loved working there. I expanded my career and was able to gain a deep understanding of the revenue management side of hospitality industry.
Pros
free bagels every friday
Inept, lying management.
Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OregonNovember 6, 2013
Can't really say anything new to what has already been said from the earlier reviews. With all the negative reviews about the management from multiple properties, the lying in particular, the question has to be raised if whether or not Aimbridge actually stands behind such detrimental and illegal behaviour from supposed leaders. There's a reason the Phoenix Inn Suites of Lake Oswego, Oregon ranks LAST in customer satisfaction amongst all 8 other properties in the area.
Pros
Cons
Lying management
Finally made it...
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 19, 2015
Not so much Aimbridge, but the hotel is amazing. I've tried for years to get hired here, interviewed 6 times over 4 years. Finally after a management change I was hired, and I couldn't be happier. We work hard, but have a lot of fun. I can't wait to see where this company goes next!
Pros
Great advancement opportunity
Cons
Long hours in management, but that's just part of the job sometimes
Engaging company to work for
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 6, 2016
Any old typical day at work, sometimes fun, sometimes stressful all depends on your outlook and personality. Fun staff at times, clean clean clean is the motto here. Good luck
Bad Company
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Richmond VirginiaMarch 5, 2015
This job has no good things to say about them. The managers are all so unprofessional even the head GM. Its a lot of favoritism and unfairness...who wants to deal with that. Aimbridge recently took over our company and I thought it was already bad well it just got WORSE. They are so cheap beautiful hotel with cheap quality inside the rooms I wouldn't recommend someone paying so much for a room when they are providing cheap hard toilet paper and tissues. Never have I ever worked in a place with such bad management. Its so much more I can say but I'll be typing forever we never can keep any housekeepers because they don't know how to treat us I guess they look beneath us because we clean but we also are the reason why they have guest. This job is only for a college student that need a job until they either graduate or get a job that matches their career never settle for a BS housekeeping job like this one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aimbridge Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4