Aimbridge Hospitality Employee Reviews

Excellent!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDDecember 4, 2017
Great company to work for. The Minot, ND Hyatt house property has excellent management. She is engaged and truly cares about the staff and the guests. GREAT place to work.
Pros
opportunities for growth
Cons
n/a
Cut throat and dishonest
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Padre Island, TXDecember 1, 2017
Was an existing employee when Aimbridge took over. Their SVP of Operations came in and had a meeting with all the managers, and told them that their jobs were safe and that they "never let anyone go when taking over a hotel." This was a flat out lie. On take over day 5 managers were terminated and told that they decided to go a different route. Took everyone by surprise and killed the moral of the entire Hotel.
If management had a clue, things might have been better
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2017
Poor communication, poor planning, poor staffing, management refusing to take responsibility. Upper management either doesn’t know or doesn’t care. That being said, our sister location seemed to be doing just fine and did not seem to be experiencing the same issues. The position itself was really quite enjoyable but management wouldn’t take the extra time to ensure anything was running smoothly. When it came to training everyone followed the “figure it out on your own” policy but, when a business is being ran, that type of methodology cannot work and someone has to step up and make a difference. Or at least compensate those who are putting forth the effort so it doesn’t seem to be for naught.
Pros
Employee Luncheons, Paid Time Off
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Scheduling
Always had problems with my checks
Bartender and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 11, 2017
I worked in 2 different departments and got paid 2 different amounts. In the 5 months I worked there there were problems with the amounts I was being paid more than 5 times. I tried to contact corporate and was never able to reach anyone. They would eventually fix the amounts on my checks and pay me what I was owed on the next check, but it was a recurring thing.
Pros
There was one manager that actually cared about her employees.
Poor Management
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
My experience working at the Sheraton at Keystone Xing was horrible. The f&b manager was always in competition with me and made my job impossible to do. Another lady that worked there was her bestfriend so it was always them vs me. She was very unprofessional and wanted to be more of a friend. Everybody hated each other and some of them were racist towards others. It was a terrible experience
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours, over worked under paid, worked multiple positions in one shift, disrespectful manager, favoritism towards employees who have worked longer, everything else
Enjoyed working here
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2017
I had to move away so i couldnt stay at this job, but i miss working here a lot. It was fun, busy during peak seasons, and a lot of benefits. You felt like apart of a family here.
Horrible management
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
I worked with Aimbridge at the Home 2 Suites in Willowbrook and the main issue here at this property is favoritism and lack of knowledgeable management. The GM is the smile of the property but doesn't genuinely care about anything that's not dog related (she's a competitive dog trainer) and the AGM is lazy and isn't qualified for the position with the handwriting of a 4 year old, and uses his size, race, and loud voice to establish his power. They delegate down responsibilities which should be a managers responsibility to the Front Desk Associates and hold them responsible for tasks unfinished even if we weren't trained. I never received formal training nor have I ever worked a shift with my supervisor due to him having a set 3-11 availability schedule which is far-fetched to me. I've always known Supervisors to be required to have open availability due to them being the first point of contact when it comes to guest issues. I really hope this location seeks new more qualified management. the property is beautiful and the staff is very family oriented. There is a clear divide between management and the rest of the staff due to scheduling issues, low pay and unreasonable work load.
Pros
The property is beautiful and with the help of Cliff it's shaped up to be a very nice place
Micro Management
Sales (Former Employee) –  No commentOctober 9, 2017
Very Stressful. Could not sleep at night
They practice the OEM (Overtime Exempt Manage. This practice was stopped by a Court ruling. However the company continued and this is their standard. If you were Salary as a Manager, OEM took that away unless your manage someone. You had to now clock in and out and maintain a certain amount of hours to reach your salary pay which you use to make. So, of you have a doctors appointment or something else you MUST clock out and back in. No more paid Holidays. You have to use your PTO time for Holidays.
Great Company
Social Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 9, 2017
Aimbridge Hospitality has been a great company to grow with and work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with clients and vendors.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Hours
Horribel
Houskeeping (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 27, 2017
Abridge is the worst place to work at, trust me, they will cut you try, more I'd you're new, everything in this place stucks. The company doesn't care
Pros
Free food and cofee
Cons
No breaks, they want you out as soon as possible once you're done with your rooms. Not enough hours
Great hotel management company to work for.
AGM and GM (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2017
I began working with Aimbridge in January 2010 and benefitted from working both hard and smart. I what promoted several times and had the opportunity to relocate from Florida up to South Carolina. I left the company only when my hotel sold in Myrtle Beach that Aimbridge sold.
Pros
great managment and vision
Cons
really none!
Great coworkers and work environment
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
Great coworkers and work environment. The job and the people are what makes this company thrive. Good benefits and good salaries. Enjoyable place to work.
Productive and positive workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be managing check-ins and check-outs. Helping customers with travel, meals and extra curricular activities. Managed phones, emails, and the hotels computer systems. Ordered supplies for food, customer, and hotel needs. The workplace was very positive, everyone had a good personality and it was easy to interact with anyone. Hardest part of the job would be if a system were to go down but the most enjoyable part would be interacting with customers and coworkers.
Totally amateur run company.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 10, 2017
Each hotel operates like an unsupervised child. No Aimbridge hr on properties so made up lies and out of control managers are not held in check. And, they keep getting more hotels to manage! RUN
not a good management company to work for
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2017
I used to work at the hotel, managed by this (aimbridge) management company worst of the worst. Trying to save their money on everything and everything. Very cheap company. My impression.
Bad company run dont walk away
Food and Bevrage Department (Former Employee) –  Flint MichJuly 27, 2017
Poor management skills laid off all the people who make any money only what eom managers so they dont have to pay. Laid off due to age and disablity. Stay away.
Fun and vibrant workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 4, 2017
Fast paced, competitive environment with many opportunities for growth and advancement. Vibrant, big company with a small company vibe. Lots of tenure amongst executive leadership team.
Business Casual
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 3, 2017
90% of hotels have bed bugs
Check-In at night, Check-Out at day
Fold Laundry (a lot on Sat-Mon)
Fosse computer system
Fresh baked cookies
Fresh coffee
Pros
free lunches, free coffee, free snacks, great co-workers
Cons
Might not get full break, 90% of hotels have bed bugs
Director of Sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 2, 2017
They set unrealistic goals for people. Management is horrible and thinks you should be like used car salesmen. This company micromanage you. If groups cancel due to not making a tournament it's your fault and hound you if there is going to be more groups to make up for it.
Pros
The salary is great but the have to pay people higher wages to get them in there
Cons
No holiday pay, insurance is high, management is awful
It's a job
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJune 29, 2017
So called retired chief engineer constantly interfered with my position. I was hired as chief engineer but former one always interfered with my position. Haven't been able to order supplies since Jan 2017. Was told no weekends but worked everyone. Management is a joke
Pros
Cons
Everthing