AIMCO

AIMCO Employee Reviews

A company that appreciates you
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2015
I am proud to work for Aimco. This is a company that truly cares about it's employees. They are fair in every aspect. I have applied my HVAC experience at this company in many ways.
Excellent place to work
Community Manager of Biltmore Towers (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 20, 2015
I truly love my job and the company I work for, AIMCO. They have an excellent upper management staff and are quick to respond to questions or concerns.
Great Job
Office Assistant/Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 4, 2015
This is a great company to work for. The job placement and advancement within the company is outstanding. There are various work hours to fit each persons individual needs.
Miscommunication
Maintenance Employee (Former Employee), Rolling MeadowsMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good people, tan
Cons: bad communication
As a pool monitor, there was not enough communication and direction that was given to me from management on what the job entailed.
Building Superintendent / Service Manager (Current Employee), newarkMay 11, 2015
my typical day at work consist of work orders, building inspection for hazardous condition and building upkeep. Trash removal. Making sure apartment vacancies are on schedule to rented
Property Manager (Current Employee), Bethesda MDApril 22, 2015
Good work life balance, Great RM managers. Wish the pay was more, good training, but they really need to update their product.
Great Place to Develop and Grow
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Training, Benefits, Development, Advancement
Cons: Location
At my time with AIMCO I've been so impressed with how awesome they treat their employees. From the continual training opportunities to the competitive salary and benefits, I feel like I'm part of a large family. They strive to help me grow and develop so that I can be the best at my job. I continually feel challenged and encouraged by both my coworkers and upper management. We're provided with opportunities to advance within the company as well as transfer to other sites within our network if that's our goal. My only complaint is that they don't offer many opportunities in the South where my close friends and family reside.
fantastic work place
Turn Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 25, 2015
always room to grow and encouraged, lots of training and great people to work for and with. will always be busy and encouraged to do your best and driven to do more.
Long days as a leasing consultant
Leasing Consultant II (Former Employee), VAMarch 17, 2015
Long days, need to know how to Balance life with work. No evaluations given in two years. 11-7 Hours and every weekend, Manager did not like working weekends therefore we are stuck by ourselves
Aimco Call Center
Leasing Agent (Current Employee), Greenwood VillageMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great values and culture, really nice managers
Cons: computer issues, sitting for long periods
I have worked at a few call centers in the past but never worked at a place that I enjoy coming to work. The people make the difference at Aimco. I appreciate that they listen to me and want me to grow in the company. Working here you can see that people really enjoy there job. I love talking to people on the phone and helping them find homes and I like that Aimco let's me be myself. casual dress, jeans are ok to wear any day.
Great starting point, but not the final destination job!
Central Leasing Agent (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free popcorn
Cons: high turn over.
Great as a starting point, but no real place to take the next step. A typical day is where you taking about 40 calls per day if not more from prospective tenants looking for their next apartment home, or from former tenants seeking help with questions following their moving out. The turn over is very high, so your colleagues come and go; which is sad because it would be nice to see a solid team remain in place. The most difficult part of the job is the inability to meet your clients face to face, and the best part is helping people to find a new place to live.
Not bad
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great training and managers who care
Cons: commission structure and multi-site leasing
AIMCO is a good company to work for but it does need to improve. The commission structure is absolutly appalling! As a Leasing Consultant, you can't even afford to live where you work!
They do have some amazing training programs and trainers that give you the confidence and skills to be successful in the field.
There is a huge disconnect from the Corporate offices to those in the field. While their day is consistant day to day, the life in the field is always changing. Being Multi-Site sounds fun but you soon realize that noone wins in the situation. The biggest downside to Multi-Site is that you're not able to build relationships with those you serve.
the best thing about AIMCO was their management team
Assistant Community Manager/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: no room for advancement
The company was blessed with a strong management team. My manager was AWESOME. All my co-workers and I had a great time working together.
Innovative
Property Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 5, 2015
Learned another housing program section 236. Had furnaces and gas connectors bouth up to the local fire department's standards.
Great company to work for but very little chance of career advancement.
Service Technician III (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILDecember 25, 2014
A typical day of work at the property level consisted of a morning meeting to discuss work that needed to be completed, followed by the assignment of work. The workload would be balanced by order of importance, then by order of request. This job relies heavily on excellent customer service, and great knowledge of your trade. I learned a lot of new skills while working for Aimco, and most were through company paid training, which was a really nice feature of the company. Management and Co-workers were great, friendly and driven. The hardest part of the job was knowing that there was no room to move up. On the service side, the average manager makes a career out of their current position which makes it almost impossible for a seasoned Service Tech to move up because there are no vacancies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you worked with and the strong business relationships that are built with them.
Great Place to work
Community Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 11, 2014
Great Place to work. Fun and exciting, fast paced environment, with lots of training and support to help deal with the day to day challenges.
Great and Challenging
Leasing Admin Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2014
Pros: team outings
Cons: insurance not great
My typical day at work is taking residents phone calls, reviewing their ledgers, processing move outs and final account statements. I work with a team of great people who is willing to give all the support you need. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult residents and the most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my residents say "thank you".
Caring company to the residents
Clerk I (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2014
Pros: love working with the elderly
Cons: can only work 35 hours a week
Working at Aimco is exciting and fast pace. Working here has taught me to be patient and caring to older community. Just talking with some of the resident and have learned a lot that will help me to handle certain things with my old aunt that I take care. Learning about all the program and guidelines that are out there to help our community.
No communication
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 12, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: forced beliefs and micro managing management
Micro managed and lack of communication led to leaving of company.
Back in High School,Very Poor Management
LEASING CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: meet people for future endeavors
Cons: management, bullying, back stabbing.
Worked for 3 years with AIMCO, Worst management ever, It is like been back in high school with the gossiping, finger pointing and Bullying that Management will always tolerate because they don't want any "Drama"...RPM thinks He is on charge but he is the joke of the Property when he leaves, from the General Manager to the Receptionist will make fun of him and if you are not part of it problems will start. Management will tolerate all type of behaviors from Leasing Agents.

1 2 3 4 5

About AIMCO

AIMCO Properties' aim is true. The company is the operating arm of multifamily real estate giant Apartment Investment and Management – Read more

AIMCO Salaries