Aimco Employee Reviews in United States

Waste of time
SERVICE TECH (Former Employee) –  NORTH ANDOVER MA.May 7, 2016
Poor management, only allow you to work a maximum of 35 hrs. Per week. No incentive for on call. Your called in at all hours and have to take any additional hours worked off the following week. No chance for advancement. The managers are only concerned with keeping under there budget so they get bonuses. There are no bonuses for the service techs
AIMCO DOSENT CARE
Cons
Residents are like family!
Doorman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2016
The residents at the building where I was previously employed were the best people any doorman could ask for. Through the years there, I was blessed to have known such caring and beautiful people who considered me as part of their family. I will forever remember and cherish the years I spent there.
Pros
Residents are like family, they are so warm and friendly
Cons
Superintendent does not live in the building and is slow to respond to service requests
Great learning experience
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 19, 2016
I enjoyed my job. And the residents were great. However, they told me my job was being eliminated one day and I had 24 hours to decide what I was going to do. My options were take part time, or be released. I couldn't afford a part time job. And I needed benefits. I felt it was unfair how they chose to let me know. A company doesn't make that decision overnight. They could have given me more notice so that I could find something else. I was unemployed for 9 months trying to find a job. Most enjoyable was touring with prospective tenants. The office work was great. I did learn quite a bit.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
felt deceived due to manner it which I was let go.
Great place to work.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 20, 2016
This was my first job in property management. It was a long time ago, but I remember I loved it. They always did fun contests and created friendly competition amongst sister properties. They were a reasonable company and paid well from what I can remember.
Good Company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2016
Good pay and Great People. They are very heavy on processes and auditing, not a ton of critical thinking because it is very top heavy with onsite getting limited empowerment. However, work with great people and Job is just making sure you follow their exact process. Get the processes down and job is good.
Aimco needs a major overhaul
Executive Assistant / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2016
The company doesn't listen to their employees, management think that they know everything. The corporate culture is terrible. In the Chicago area, they let the residents run the resident office. That is whats wrong with their affordable properties in Chicago. Management take the resident's side and doesn't support their employees or the management team.
They Need To Stand By Their Values Not Just Preach Them
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2016
Review and summary title speaks for itself! No onboarding, they make it sound like you work 35 hours a week and you def do not! They tell you everything is great and easy because of this centralized office. They might be a great company if you have never worked in property management before, otherwise I do not recommend! You cant press a button without needing someones approval.. No way to run a business or a property!
Pros
Pretty Good Pay, Free Manager Apartment, Apartment Discount
Cons
No work life balance, no freedom to make your own decision, micromanagement, alot of turnover
Awesome company
Community Manager III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL and Bridgewater, MAMarch 7, 2016
Aimco was a great company to work for. They embrace their attributes of integrity, collaboration, respect and customer focus. There not just words to them. I would still be with them if I had not relocated to Arizona.
Pros
Training, accolades. happy enviroment
Assistant Manager/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2016
I began my career in multi-family with AIMCO and they gave me the knowmledge which led me into my further career with another company to become a regional.
Pros
Benchmark strength
Cons
Sundays
Productive and fun place to work.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 11, 2016
AIMCO was a fun place to work. I enjoyed the community events. I learned a lot of marketing and sales techniques. The residents were amazing.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no training
very fun place to work
Leasing Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2016
the company is a great place to work, they never put anyone that is not trained on the floor. It is very good on the training aspect as well as gives you all the tools you need to be very good at what you do.
Pros
lots of great class to take if needed for help.
Cons
they sold all the propertys in AZ
Great Place to Work
Resident Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2016
I love working for AIMCO. I have grown in a personal level and professional level as well. My coworkers are great to work with. My personal life - with my work life is very balanced out.
Overall a good company that let me set my own schedule.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas, OK., and NE.February 19, 2016
A typical day consisted of calling on customers and growing the business. The company had several rules about demo tools that made it difficult to get new business.
Great career
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 25, 2016
Everyone from the Vice President to local site team supported and encouraged each other. Skills learned in training and mentoring was extremely extensive and rewarding.
My Day
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDOctober 14, 2015
Day at Aimco was walking show list apartments in the morning checking for damages and cleanliness of the apartment following up with new and current leads. Showing apartments an also helping current residents with their issues and questions that they may have.
Me and my co workers worked every well together we worked as a team in order to makes goals. I learned from that company to be able to work with all types of people and to deal with issues differently. The best part about that job was working with my co workers and getting to know different people resident and new leads.
company was a top one.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLFebruary 10, 2016
It was a comfortable place to work.Everyone was so enjoyable and helpful.I did learned a lot there.The hardest part of the job was not able to get a part on time to complete a job.
CNC Cell Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2016
Set up job following set up sheet
Make adjustment and editing program
fill out first Act. on first piece
run production
learned and worked different materials
worked well with others
Does nothing to develop their empolyees
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indian Harbour Beach, FLNovember 11, 2015
There is not really a lot of support for their property managers. Once you go through your initial training that is all the development you are going to get. This company does not really do anything to develop you beyond the role that you were hired for.
Busy workplace
Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 4, 2015
Poor Management, Not enough materials to get work done. Manager was not nice. There was no respect or appreciation for employees.
Pros
Moved me to different property after being robbed.
Cons
No 40 hour work week only 35.
horrible place to work , the wrong place to work
occupancy specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2015
Great company , but the staff was horrible with a capital H.wouldn't wish the staff on anyone.it was one of the places I ever worked. Aimco is a great company it was just the staff