Aimco Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Company
COMMUNITY MANAGER 2 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Great company to work for.Good employees and staff. Fun place to work and they train you all the time.The RPM's are all great and willing to help on the spot.
Love Working at Aimco
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2017
I've worked at Aimco for a little over a year. I love the culture, as it's something that is lived, not just preached. They talk a lot about "owning it" and while that is not for everyone, I love that we are held accountable for our actions. We depend on each other, we support each other, and we work together for a common goal. As a publicly traded company, revenue is important. Those who are successful at Aimco understand that and appreciate that. We are goal-driven and we like to succeed. We like to set goals and crush them. We work hard and we make good decisions.
Pros
Flex schedule, casual dress
Cons
401K match could be more competitive
AIMCO Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Aimco Management was a property management company that managed several buildings in New York City. I was a property manager for several buildings. My job was to do apartment inspections and generate work orders for maintenance work. I also supervised over forty workers in total. Working as a property manager was a lot of fun and I also learned alot about building structures and inspections.
Competitive
Property Manager - Redevelopment (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Better than average corporate culture.

Divisions & competitions were fun but rewarding.

Knowledgeable management and encouraged Professional Development.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, It, Structure
Great Company
Escrow Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Was a good company to work for. It became my stepping stone for getting positions as A/P specialists.

The people were very courteous, polite and willing to assist.
This company no longer exists.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 6, 2017
This company no longer exists. i dont know quite how else to say it, but I have to fill this review with a minimum of 150 characters so here goes here goes
Pros
no longer exists
Cons
no longer exists
Wonderful staff and environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 5, 2017
A typical day at work is always busy but fun. I learned more in a year than any other job. The relationships you create with your coworkers, leads and management are outstanding. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. There's always room for improvement, moving up or around in other departments, fun activities, food, and friends.
Pros
Great staff and management/fun
Busy Work
Online Leasing Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2017
Processed on-line application for the Atlanta and Orlando ROC. Ran FAR reports and posted payments on Property Bridge. Answered phone calls from customers regarding the status of their approval. Employment and residence verification. Processed 5-10 leas application per day through FOCUS.
Pros
Days went by fate
Cons
Needed more staff in the department
Used To Be The Best Place To Work
Internal Support (Former Employee) –  Aimco Corporate OfficeSeptember 1, 2017
Bean counters took over & destroyed the best company anyone could ever hope to work for. To those still there, I say: *YES* There is life after Aimco!
Pros
Incredibly great work environment until 2010
Cons
Senior/Top Management caved in to greedy shareholders
False representation
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 28, 2017
You are stretched to your absolute limit. Aimco was a great company several years ago but you now have a culture of higher level management greed. Apartments are filled with roaches and rats but they wont give the funding to correct these items. Team on site is awesome but not worth the stress.
good company
Senior Director of Construction (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2017
good company to work for
good people to work with
good benefits
good management
good job security/advancement
good corporate culture
good work/live balance
Growing Corporation with Some of the Perks of a Start-Up
Resident Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 14, 2017
The thing I like most about Aimco is the company culture. We have some type of food almost every week, a ping pong table, and a popcorn machine. They describe movement within the company as a jungle gym instead of a ladder. I really like the people I work with, but I wish the pay was higher. 401k could be better, too.
Pros
Free food a couple times a month, great company culture, paid volunteer time, opportunity for bonus
Cons
Very low 401k matching, below average pay, turnover
Fun company
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 10, 2017
Company was involved in many volunteer opportunities and worked with the community. They offered great pay and competitive bonuses. Had wonderful insurance and plenty of room to advance.
Great benefits, family oriented and strive to live up to its core values
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2017
Great benefits, family oriented and strive to live up to its core values.
Dedicated to providing excellent customer service while delivering quality products.
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 25, 2017
8-4 time to be at work was great. Working with the residents was the best. Pay was great. Nothing hard about the job management was differcult sometimes.
Pros
benefits, paid vacation, hoilday pay
Great Company....... But
HAP Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
There is a lot of turn over. Due to the new management/supervisors taking a place of another. It most often makes work life hard. Trying to adapt to the new way of doing things, when you are just now getting into the way of doing things, based on the last supervisor/ Manager. The company is known for putting more of a work load on you,but not raising your pay

But overall the Company is really a great place to work.
Good corporate structure
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 26, 2017
8-10 hr day.
Good culture
Work life balance tough
Great team members with a respectful environment
Great marketing support and very knowledgeable
Proactive maintenance team
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Work life balance challenges
Very productive and family goal oriented
Executive Assist Development/Office Man (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
AIMCO is an awesome company. It's sad the office closed when the economy when through the recession or I would still be there. My manager was a great man and we worked as a team. The office employed more than 50 people in corporate and managed more than 300 offsite. There was never any injustice and always an Open-Door opportunity for suggestions. Management listened to ideas and sometimes used them. I truly miss this company and the atmosphere.
Pros
Great family/friends created
Cons
Office closing
Residents keep you going
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2017
Okay place . Great to gain experience located downtown always something going on. Residents take care of you nothing major really happens ...............
My experiance with this company was horrible
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 17, 2017
I can say that they pay well. However, in my first year of employ with Aimco, I was sexually harrassed by my female manager, singled out and disrespected and harrassed on a daily basis. Nothing was ever done to correct the issue. I had leases & bonuses taken away from me, they owed me thousands in bonuses which they refused to pay. They put my leases under a different name so that I would not recieve my proper pay. My assistant manager was well aware of the harrassment and did nothing to assist me. I was basically driven pout of my job which I loved doing however out became so hostile art work that out affected me physically & emotionally. I was not treated t all week with this company.
Pros
Bonuses for sales goal incentives
Cons
Hostile work environment, poor product, does not care about its employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aimco. Our community is ready to answer.