Aimco Employee Reviews

General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 26, 2017
8-10 hr day.
Good culture
Work life balance tough
Great team members with a respectful environment
Great marketing support and very knowledgeable
Proactive maintenance team
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Work life balance challenges
Very productive and family goal oriented
Executive Assist Development/Office Man (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
AIMCO is an awesome company. It's sad the office closed when the economy when through the recession or I would still be there. My manager was a great man and we worked as a team. The office employed more than 50 people in corporate and managed more than 300 offsite. There was never any injustice and always an Open-Door opportunity for suggestions. Management listened to ideas and sometimes used them. I truly miss this company and the atmosphere.
Pros
Great family/friends created
Cons
Office closing
Residents keep you going
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2017
Okay place . Great to gain experience located downtown always something going on. Residents take care of you nothing major really happens ...............
My experiance with this company was horrible
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 17, 2017
I can say that they pay well. However, in my first year of employ with Aimco, I was sexually harrassed by my female manager, singled out and disrespected and harrassed on a daily basis. Nothing was ever done to correct the issue. I had leases & bonuses taken away from me, they owed me thousands in bonuses which they refused to pay. They put my leases under a different name so that I would not recieve my proper pay. My assistant manager was well aware of the harrassment and did nothing to assist me. I was basically driven pout of my job which I loved doing however out became so hostile art work that out affected me physically & emotionally. I was not treated t all week with this company.
Pros
Bonuses for sales goal incentives
Cons
Hostile work environment, poor product, does not care about its employees.
Lots of Traveling - Very interesting to work for.
Dir. Info Analyst/Performance Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2017
I learned about Property management and CRMDB software - very interesting, could not believe how much I learned. Since I was a trainer my management expected a 6 day work week and we were expected to travel to 2 cities a week. The class we taught was 2.5 to 3 days in length - there were some unrealistic expectations. Zero work life balance and why I left.
Pros
Amazing what you'll learn about this business.
Cons
I was married and it was hard on the relationship or any relationship!
Very Productive, fun, excited and closed many leases
Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 13, 2017
A typical day at work was renting atleast 4-5 apartments a day. I learned that working together as a team we can close at least 25 application a day. The hardest part of the job was leaving the job on time and the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers working together.
Not there too long
Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 7, 2017
It was OK to work there, but not what I do for a living. They fired our boss and we all quit because of that. The boss was really good, but black not Hispanic which was the management team.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Racist managment
Loved it
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 1, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The training that I have received with this company I have taken with me to other companies as well.
This is one of the only companies that at actually willing to train you for the job.
Loved my job but it relocated
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2017
Great management, benefits, PTO and room for advancement. I loved working there, but unfortunately they merged with a new company and corporate jobs moved away.
Pros
I loved everything about working there
Cons
They moved to SC
Competitive & Performance Environment
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2017
To succeed in this company you need to be ready to deal with fast-paced environment and to train well your team. Great opportunities to growth and training is often offered for team members.
Pros
Recognition and bonus
Cons
Work Life balance
Wasn't my fit
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAApril 20, 2017
When I worked for them they were trying out a new program and I got the short end of the stick. They took away the title and left me with all the work. I had done all the work of the Property manager but no authority. They had a traveling A/P& A/R , then a traveling turn team that was horrible. I ended up leaving after having a fire in my hallway and had to work 70 hours of overtime and these "traveling" people were no help.
Pros
On site apartment
Cons
No staff support
great place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
great I love Aimco great place overall to work awesome company
anyone looking for challenges and growth would love it Aimco. great benefits and great leaders here
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 30, 2017
Some clients were rude. The work was done quick wasn't as much problems as i thought it would be. People did some of the most nastiest things in the buildings.
Many Opportunities
Property Manager and Customer Service Division (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 22, 2017
Company Closed , Was a great company while operating. Some of the sites were old and in need of renos this was a difficult obstacle to over come. I believe its still operational in some states.
Nothing really bad, but nothing good
Reinventing Operations Process Admin (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 9, 2017
I do not really have much to say, but the benefits are good. They treat their employees ok when it does not affect their bottom line. Aimco needs to realise employee and resident lives are more the just an expense that hurts the bottom line.
great place
great place to work there is work life balance. (Former Employee) –  great place to work there is work life balance.February 4, 2017
great place to work there is work life balance. i love it and the people as well. Very supporatve and balance of like and work
Great Company
Great Company (Former Employee) –  Great CompanyJanuary 26, 2017
Great Company to work for. Learned a lot and loved it. Management is very supportive. Never had any issues and the people are great
Great office environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for aimco. The staff were great management did very well with training. The work environment was empowering and friendly. My job offered several resources and options for advancements. They paid well offered great benefits and took great care of their employees.
Pros
Pot lucks bonuses
Cons
Early morning shifts
Great Co-workers
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 7, 2016
Loved the job. The quality parameters were strict and often micromanaged. There was no room for mistakes and meeting the quality parameters was not enough.
Resident Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 2, 2016
I am a hard working woman who enjoys dealing with the general public. My typical day is interacting with my clients and satisfying their needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aimco. Our community is ready to answer.