AIMCO Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 16, 2015
AIMCO was a great company to work for. I left because both of the properties that I worked at were being sold and I thought it might be good to make a change to something new.
Pros
Working with people, good benefits, bonus opportunities
sucks
Service tech II (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 24, 2015
what a joke of a company.......................
cheap wont put $$ into a property..
they run it down and sell it and screw over their employees
Pros
Cons
dead end job
Do it if you have to
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  PhillyAugust 3, 2015
It is an ok company but you are a number and no one really cares about you as a human being. The pay is ok but they cut back from 40 hours a week to 35 for hourly employees just to save money. They didn't care what impact this had on staff.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Too many to write
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 2, 2015
The office opens at 10:00 am, print your availability, get the rental prices for the available apartments, call all new leads on prospective residents, confirm all appointments for the day, make sure available apartments and grounds are clean and ready to view by all prospective residents, call or email any previous visiting prospects or residents that might need something resolved as in renewal offers, renting a garage or adding a roommate.I learned that everyone has different opinions on what is important in their home, just because someone says they need a 2 bedroom, doesn't necessarily mean they need a 2 bathroom as well.Every person that walks into the office has a different ideal home, my job is to discover as much as possible to make sure I can find a perfect fit for them.
Challenging and Rewarding
Leasing Manager II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2015
Challenging and rewarding company to work for.
Growth potential is available for those with great work ethic.
Competitve pay with health benefits.
Volunteer opportunities within company.
Personal development within company.
Pros
growth potential
Cons
work / life balance
A company that appreciates you
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2015
I am proud to work for Aimco. This is a company that truly cares about it's employees. They are fair in every aspect. I have applied my HVAC experience at this company in many ways.
Excellent place to work
Community Manager of Biltmore Towers (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 20, 2015
I truly love my job and the company I work for, AIMCO. They have an excellent upper management staff and are quick to respond to questions or concerns.
Miscommunication
Maintenance Employee (Former Employee) –  Rolling MeadowsMay 21, 2015
As a pool monitor, there was not enough communication and direction that was given to me from management on what the job entailed.
Pros
Good people, tan
Cons
bad communication
Building Superintendent / Service Manager (Current Employee) –  newarkMay 11, 2015
my typical day at work consist of work orders, building inspection for hazardous condition and building upkeep. Trash removal. Making sure apartment vacancies are on schedule to rented
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda MDApril 22, 2015
Good work life balance, Great RM managers. Wish the pay was more, good training, but they really need to update their product.
Great Place to Develop and Grow
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 20, 2015
At my time with AIMCO I've been so impressed with how awesome they treat their employees. From the continual training opportunities to the competitive salary and benefits, I feel like I'm part of a large family. They strive to help me grow and develop so that I can be the best at my job. I continually feel challenged and encouraged by both my coworkers and upper management. We're provided with opportunities to advance within the company as well as transfer to other sites within our network if that's our goal. My only complaint is that they don't offer many opportunities in the South where my close friends and family reside.
Pros
Training, Benefits, Development, Advancement
fantastic work place
Turn Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 25, 2015
always room to grow and encouraged, lots of training and great people to work for and with. will always be busy and encouraged to do your best and driven to do more.
Long days as a leasing consultant
Leasing Consultant II (Former Employee) –  VAMarch 17, 2015
Long days, need to know how to Balance life with work. No evaluations given in two years. 11-7 Hours and every weekend, Manager did not like working weekends therefore we are stuck by ourselves
Aimco Call Center
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenwood VillageMarch 11, 2015
I have worked at a few call centers in the past but never worked at a place that I enjoy coming to work. The people make the difference at Aimco. I appreciate that they listen to me and want me to grow in the company. Working here you can see that people really enjoy there job. I love talking to people on the phone and helping them find homes and I like that Aimco let's me be myself. casual dress, jeans are ok to wear any day.
Pros
great values and culture, really nice managers
Cons
computer issues, sitting for long periods
Great starting point, but not the final destination job!
Central Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2015
Great as a starting point, but no real place to take the next step. A typical day is where you taking about 40 calls per day if not more from prospective tenants looking for their next apartment home, or from former tenants seeking help with questions following their moving out. The turn over is very high, so your colleagues come and go; which is sad because it would be nice to see a solid team remain in place. The most difficult part of the job is the inability to meet your clients face to face, and the best part is helping people to find a new place to live.
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
high turn over.
Not bad
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
AIMCO is a good company to work for but it does need to improve. The commission structure is absolutly appalling! As a Leasing Consultant, you can't even afford to live where you work!
They do have some amazing training programs and trainers that give you the confidence and skills to be successful in the field.
There is a huge disconnect from the Corporate offices to those in the field. While their day is consistant day to day, the life in the field is always changing. Being Multi-Site sounds fun but you soon realize that noone wins in the situation. The biggest downside to Multi-Site is that you're not able to build relationships with those you serve.
Pros
great training and managers who care
Cons
commission structure and multi-site leasing
the best thing about AIMCO was their management team
Assistant Community Manager/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
The company was blessed with a strong management team. My manager was AWESOME. All my co-workers and I had a great time working together.
Pros
management
Cons
no room for advancement
Innovative
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 5, 2015
Learned another housing program section 236. Had furnaces and gas connectors bouth up to the local fire department's standards.
Great company to work for but very little chance of career advancement.
Service Technician III (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILDecember 25, 2014
A typical day of work at the property level consisted of a morning meeting to discuss work that needed to be completed, followed by the assignment of work. The workload would be balanced by order of importance, then by order of request. This job relies heavily on excellent customer service, and great knowledge of your trade. I learned a lot of new skills while working for Aimco, and most were through company paid training, which was a really nice feature of the company. Management and Co-workers were great, friendly and driven. The hardest part of the job was knowing that there was no room to move up. On the service side, the average manager makes a career out of their current position which makes it almost impossible for a seasoned Service Tech to move up because there are no vacancies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you worked with and the strong business relationships that are built with them.
Great Place to work
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 11, 2014
Great Place to work. Fun and exciting, fast paced environment, with lots of training and support to help deal with the day to day challenges.