Aimco Employee Reviews in United States

Not bad
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
AIMCO is a good company to work for but it does need to improve. The commission structure is absolutly appalling! As a Leasing Consultant, you can't even afford to live where you work!
They do have some amazing training programs and trainers that give you the confidence and skills to be successful in the field.
There is a huge disconnect from the Corporate offices to those in the field. While their day is consistant day to day, the life in the field is always changing. Being Multi-Site sounds fun but you soon realize that noone wins in the situation. The biggest downside to Multi-Site is that you're not able to build relationships with those you serve.
Pros
great training and managers who care
Cons
commission structure and multi-site leasing
the best thing about AIMCO was their management team
Assistant Community Manager/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
The company was blessed with a strong management team. My manager was AWESOME. All my co-workers and I had a great time working together.
Pros
management
Cons
no room for advancement
Innovative
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 5, 2015
Learned another housing program section 236. Had furnaces and gas connectors bouth up to the local fire department's standards.
Great company to work for but very little chance of career advancement.
Service Technician III (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILDecember 25, 2014
A typical day of work at the property level consisted of a morning meeting to discuss work that needed to be completed, followed by the assignment of work. The workload would be balanced by order of importance, then by order of request. This job relies heavily on excellent customer service, and great knowledge of your trade. I learned a lot of new skills while working for Aimco, and most were through company paid training, which was a really nice feature of the company. Management and Co-workers were great, friendly and driven. The hardest part of the job was knowing that there was no room to move up. On the service side, the average manager makes a career out of their current position which makes it almost impossible for a seasoned Service Tech to move up because there are no vacancies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you worked with and the strong business relationships that are built with them.
Great Place to work
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 11, 2014
Great Place to work. Fun and exciting, fast paced environment, with lots of training and support to help deal with the day to day challenges.
Great and Challenging
Leasing Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2014
My typical day at work is taking residents phone calls, reviewing their ledgers, processing move outs and final account statements. I work with a team of great people who is willing to give all the support you need. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult residents and the most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my residents say "thank you".
Pros
team outings
Cons
insurance not great
Caring company to the residents
Clerk I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2014
Working at Aimco is exciting and fast pace. Working here has taught me to be patient and caring to older community. Just talking with some of the resident and have learned a lot that will help me to handle certain things with my old aunt that I take care. Learning about all the program and guidelines that are out there to help our community.
Pros
love working with the elderly
Cons
can only work 35 hours a week
No communication
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2014
Micro managed and lack of communication led to leaving of company.
Pros
good money
Cons
forced beliefs and micro managing management
Back in High School,Very Poor Management
LEASING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Worked for 3 years with AIMCO, Worst management ever, It is like been back in high school with the gossiping, finger pointing and Bullying that Management will always tolerate because they don't want any "Drama"...RPM thinks He is on charge but he is the joke of the Property when he leaves, from the General Manager to the Receptionist will make fun of him and if you are not part of it problems will start. Management will tolerate all type of behaviors from Leasing Agents.
Pros
meet people for future endeavors
Cons
management, bullying, back stabbing.
Motivating and challenging
Area Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 24, 2014
Very variable on a day to day basis, busy, challenging enjoyable and good team members.
Balanced
Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2014
Aimco is a place to develop communication skills and time management.
Pros
learned a lot about leasing.
Cons
lacked of guidances
National REIT with and extensive and growing portfolio
Community/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
I began my work at AIMCO as a leasing specialist but, was soon discovered to be well suited as a property manger for their newly acquired Harlem portfolio. This project consisted of taking old, run down, low income housing apartments and turning them into market rate units. I learned a lot about the rehabilitation process of existing units as a result and worked closely with the construction department. I had a great working relationship with my co-workers and was consulted on the rehab work from a management perspective. The most difficult part of the job was that this was a neighborhood in transition. It wasn't always safe the existing tenants weren't welcoming to new management. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was making a significant contribution to the changing landscape of the area.
Pros
constantly growing portfolio
Cons
failure to understand the ny market
Not the best, not the worst
Community Manager II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2014
No break, no lunch, no paid overtime, very littler help from management.
Too invasive into personal beliefs
Cash Receipts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2014
Too much into their culture and beliefs and push on employees.
Great place to work if you can servive the layoffs
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2014
Assisted internal departments, such as Purchasing, Warranty, Accounting, Closing and Human Resources with technical inquiries.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
layoffs, pay is low.
Productive Work Place
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJuly 29, 2014
Typical day I walk the property. Tell the janitors what we need to do for the day, talk to associates about we need to do for daily and a sign weekly projects. Meet with the Property manager talk about what they need to get done daily, talk about our expenses and how to bring in revinue, manage service request to make sure they are not over due. Manage make ready truns, to make sure they we complete them in seven days, manage and schedule vendors to make sure we meet daily goals, complete computer task , outlook onesite, time keeping. Repair all mechanical equipment, respond to all janitorial and maintenance challenges that happen, make all operation orders
Pros
efficiency
Cons
cut backs
An Okay Company
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2014
This is just an okay company to work for. They tell you it is a jungle-gym for career growth, but most people that you will talk to will tell you that's a lie. The pay and benefits are not good. A new culture was rolled out, but not everyone believes it. Coworkers are nice, for the most part. There is a great program where they have events that are really enjoyable. Also, they have a great philanthropic program, which has great activities to participate in.
Pros
fun events
Cons
terrible pay and benefits, poor management, little advancement
Poor management/ excessive work load
N/A (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2014
By far one of the worst companies I have worked for. The managers are NEVER around but LOVE to bark orders to you through email. They don't train their employees efficiently, resulting in angry/disgruntled residents. You are required to do all this work but only given 35 hours a week to do so. The pay is terrible, and the commission is lowered every year. The only people paid well are leasing consultants who are required to do absolutely NOTHING but sell a dream through model apartments. Meanwhile, the people who actually do work get to leave the office overwhelmed and saggy eyed.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU HAVE ANY SELF RESPECT!!!!!!
Pros
weight-loss due to stress
Cons
overworked/underpaid/under appreciated
Productive and Fun
Leasing Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
I loved what I did for Aimco. I was constantly out meeting with clients showing them apartments throughout New York City. Among other things, I would prepare lease packets, follow up with inquiries.
Amico
Director of Construction (Former Employee) –  DenverJune 10, 2014
Great company to work for, sorry I quit. I left to be closer to my children who were still in school. So I let this great opportunity go.
Pros
allowed to make decisions that would benefit the company.
Cons
not ennough training for position