AIMCO

AIMCO Employer Reviews

Modern day Slave Masters
Leasing Consultant II (Lazy Hollow Apartments) (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 9, 2013
Pros: paychecks were on time
Cons: 35 hour work week, micro managed, lack of respect for residents and employees, no work/life balance
During my year at AIMCO, I saw 3 regional managers come and go, 3 property managers come and go and 2 assistant property managers leave. That was all in a period of 8 months. The turn over ratio is amazing, I've never worked at a company with such a HIGH turnover. There is a lack of respect for its employee and residents, the company seems to be run – more... by HR. Little to no stability and no real room for growth. I honestly believe AIMCO sets its employees up for failure. – less
Variety, challenging environment, contact with residents, staff, and vendors
Community Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 8, 2013
Pros: ability to have pleasant working conditions for all staff.
Cons: can be stressful during rent collection.
Typical day is unpredictable, challenges involve meeting quotas for budgets and company expectations. Resident issues, directing staff for daily schedule, sales/leasing of apartments, working with vendors, paying bills, balancing budgets, planning capital expenditures.
AIMCO is a country wide property management
Occupancy Specialist/ Leasing Coordinator (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 29, 2013
Pros: sometimes we have free lunches.
Your schedule can be change any time.
Co-workers are awesome.
Lots of pressure and lots of goals to meet for you to be able to get a bonus.
You learn to work with pressure.
Aimco was a good Company
Property Manager (Former Employee), Pearsall, TXMay 30, 2013
I left in good standing, but I got a job offer in the Housing Autority.
They are trying hard to be the best, But many mistakes get made.
Administrative Operations Support (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaMay 27, 2013
Pros: site teams that really care about the customers, paid volunteer hours 10 per calandar year, lots of paid lunches
Cons: always changing directions and focuses, most people are afraid they may loose thier job, high heathcare pre. and no 401k match offered
Hardest part of the Job is never feeling stable because AIMCO tends to restructure YoY and sometimes QoQ. eliminating positions that never go under valued by Aimco's competitors they are viewed as the life line of the business such as Admin Staff, Assistant Community Managers and HR Managers.

AIMCO runs very lean on staff 100% of the year not just – more... slower seasons. – less
Unethical!
Community Manager (Former Employee), FLApril 15, 2013
Pros: free apartment.
Cons: if you manage a small property you will work 7 days a week
I had an elderly resident move out because he was close to passing away. They were in their apartment for at least 7 years. The carpet had not been touched that whole time. When they moved out we needed to replace it. I was told to charge them the entire cost of the carpet. I had to fight with upper management to remove the fee. To me that is unethical, – more... charging for a carpet that is past it's 5 year life span.

I miss my residents and my staff, but I couldn't deal with it any longer. – less
Terrible Experience with Aimco!!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Towson, MdApril 5, 2013
Pros: good starting rate, i had awesome co workers, nice benefits
Cons: property is a dump, hard to sale, manily a college community, upper management is cruel and sets you up to fail, 35 hr work week
I was brand new to leasing. I started last June during peak season. Please spare yourself the stress and stay away from the Colony at Kenilworth in towson. My co workers and I received NO formal training and were left to figure things out. You feel like a idot when a resident walks in and you can't answer there question because you were not trained. – more... Since it is mostly college kids that office is crazy from april-aug. You work sooo hard you barely have time to think! The month of august is the hardest month! We did about 15-20 move in's per day. Most of the students are rude and immature. They make the leasing process hard then you have to deal with their rude parents who baby them! That office has the highest turn over rate so do not get to attached. During the busy season management will beg you to come in on days and work over time! However once its the slow season you can ONLY work 35 hours per week. Which really cuts into your pay. Also the commission structure is terrible. Upper management once promised us $100 dollars per lease and that never happened! On top of it being a college community. The place is literally falling apart. It was bulit in 67 and the last update was done in 68. The grounds look awful your marketing path is sooo embarrassing. They do not have a "model" apartment so you have to show prospects the actual apartment which usally looks and smells bad. Go and look at the reviews they are terrible. The community has serious maintenance issues, bed bugs, roaches, mold! I constantly heard terrible stories from residents that were suffering. The company did nothing for them and does not care! I heard other Aimco properties are not that bad. So please stay away from the Colony!!!!!!! – less
AIMCO is a career oportunity company.
None (Former Employee), noneMarch 23, 2013
Pros: good health benefits.
Cons: relocations.
Hi, I am Simon and i can only say that AIMCO has created jobs for individuals who in bad economic times are being able to sustain their daily supporting lives and there families even in Puerto Rico where i am from. Great Company'
Career Russian Roulette
Senior Director of Construction (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: big company
Cons: bad work culture
Awful experience at this company. Manager ranted and yelled at people like a child, very dishonest person. Company was under litigation in the bay area under the same manager for pitting racial groups against each other, ultimately being sued for it.

Subcontractors I had at other firms for over 14 years, refused to do work for this company because – more... they burned up relationships and did not pay bills timely.

Decentralized human resources put people in jeopardy of no representation. Immoral horrible, very divisive, nasty group of people.

Worst organizations I have ever worked for. High Turnover. – less
Diverse and Engaging Workplace
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 4, 2013
I learned a lot here and had the opportunity to engage many different types of people.
very professional work enviornment
TELEPHONE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMarch 1, 2013
typical day check messages return calls,view daily goal and specials,answer telephones and deliver messages. I learned proper phone ettiquette. Management was encouraging and determined. very motivational. My coworkers were very compettitive. Hardest part was taking a break with knowing how much work was there for me to accomplish.The most enjoyable – more... part was just knowing that i helped someone throughout the day. – less
A job that gets the bills paid
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: decent pay, learning about real estate industry
Cons: open 7 days a week, bonus structure
My job consist of helping everyone with their job plus accomplishing what I need to get done in a timely manner. I have learned how to observe different peoples personalities. The management is ok. I love my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is telling someone they are do not qualify to move to my property. The most enjoyable is providing someone – more... with a home. – less
Wish Management were more hands- on
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2013
Enjoyed the actual job however, rarely saw management. More like a number that a name. They really could have benefited from listening to the employees more.
A good company to work for.
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: beautiful property
Cons: slightly micro manged
AIMCO was a good company to work for. Lots of room for advancement.
first 3 years at company, it was great; corporate made changes making it hard to have work/life balance
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee), College park,MDFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: seeing smile on someone's face when helping them find a new home
Cons: work/life balance
A typical day at work included posting rent, managing leasing staff, reviewing daily availability report, leading an informative tour of community.
I learned how to be assertive and firm but fair.
My coworkers were awesome to work with, we were like family and worked together in helping each other obtain sales goals.
The hardest part of the job would – more... be having to evict someone when you have tried your best helping them and they have children.
most enjoyable part of the job is when an application is approved and you see the look of "THANK YOU" on someone's face – less
wonderful job
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: excellent company
Cons: few job openings
They are an excellent company. They have good benifits. I would work for them again. I have applied to jobs with them since I left.
Great place to work near home
Property Manager (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: traveled to many places
Cons: great benefits
I loved my position as a property manager. The fact that I helped people in need of residency gave me pride when I leased them their apartment. My coworkers were wonderful and we got along very well.
The hardest part of this job was when I had to evict tenants,

My 21years working at Verizon began as New York Telephone. I was an overseas operator then – more... moved on to customer service representative where I got all my experience. I loved meeting and talking to all different types of people and dealing with big corporations. – less
Web based orientated
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Burke, VADecember 15, 2012
Pros: bonus are good, starbux points
Cons: benefits are not that great...401k is not matched by employer
Fasted paced work environment at times very stressful and difficult balancing work and home life.
Run fast overworked and underappreciated
leasing (Current Employee), chicagoDecember 6, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no support from upper management
Poor senior management RPM's are horrible in the chicago area. Currenly employed and looking else where hoping to land a position with a company that cares about people and respects team members.
A Nice Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Yardley, PANovember 28, 2012
Pros: days off for birthdays and anniversaries
Cons: short notices when a major project is due
My years with AIMCO were good ones. My co workers were hard workers and we got along.....most of the time. Servicing the residents while were there was rewarding and interesting as well. Kinda sad that the property was sold to another.

About AIMCO

AIMCO Properties' aim is true. The company is the operating arm of multifamily real estate giant Apartment Investment and Management – Read more