Aims Community College Employee Reviews

great school, excellent teachers, plenty of computers
Model (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 14, 2017
I learned a lot at aims, got my associates there. mostly took computer and history classes. The teachers were excellent and understanding. the only hard part was figuring out if I was still on call or not.
Pros
access to computers, great coffee, free tutors
Cons
short breaks
Alot of politics at Aims Community College
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 30, 2017
It was ok to work here but the job I was in required many, many hours. The college culture there controls everything. There was a lot of in fighting and they would not listen to much in put, even from outside people who controlled their future, like the FAA.
Pros
good pay, over time, if your full time benefits are great!
Cons
Management is terrible
Unfair Supervisor, no opportunities for advancement
Adjunct Faculty, English (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 18, 2017
The English department's manager is sexist and judgmental, assuming students are right before listening to the teacher's point of view. He hires more men than women, which is odd considering the ratio of men to women seeking this type of position.
Wonderful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 17, 2017
I loved working with Aims, only problem was that I was a work-study and we were not paid a livable wage. I loved the people that I worked with, and I hated to see my time with them end.
Full time Student
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 7, 2017
I did not work at Aims, I was a full time student and had a very excellent experience. Great support from the teachers and academically sound. Fun place to learn and get great education
Pros
great support
Under a lot of changes
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 21, 2017
Amazing staff that is like a family, but upper management is very poor. They recently elected a new president of the college that then hired outside consultants to review and reorganize the school, Business process review. All departments now do the jobs of 2 - 3 people because they cant hire back the people lost. AIMS lost half the IT to other jobs and so now Cam*****rks runs from the CIO - the DBA and programmers. For the past couple years now they've been spending more on consultants, remodeling things that where just remodeled, and buildings they didn't budget for that turns out smaller and incomplete. Overall morale is pretty bad and most are actively looking for another job. Salary isn't competitive and kept up with with the current cost of living in Greeley.
Pros
Pera, benifits
Cons
Overworked, pay, workspace
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 7, 2017
Great school to go to if you are a stay at home parent. Most of the professors are knowledgeable and understand how to teach non-traditional students in a non-traditional format.
Unique to say the least
Internship (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 14, 2017
My Internship was unconventional. We had needed to get one last minute so we had me working with the chair of the department. I learned a lot and did a lot of...odd projects? Odd as in they weren't projects. I went to the school events on behalf of the department.
Pros
some creative freedom
Cons
last minute events
Amazing opportunities
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 7, 2017
Scanning and filing documents.

Depending on the department, can learn a lot about that department, as well as many others

Management was very friendly, open door policies.

Workplace was Laid back and very stress free.

The job was fairly easy, the hardest part was learning the computer programs.

Independent work on your own, deadlines were simple and extremely achievable.
Pros
Weekly potlucks, lots of advancement opportunities
Cons
lack of benefits for partime
Fantastic Place to Work!
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 1, 2017
Aims, unlike UNC, as been able to balance the importance of student success with faculty/staff success. They focus on professional development, offer competitive pay, and have a larger margin of retention for adjunct faculty. Their student population is also extremely diverse and the school works very hard to be a place of welcoming inclusion. I highly recommend this to both employees and students!
I have worked around better employers
Instructor - CAD224-Revit, CAD227-Advanced Revit (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 20, 2017
Let us say that it is an interesting place to work if you can withstand the political environment. Administration is more concerned about their own agenda and not the employees.
Pros
Pay is on time.
Cons
No benefits for part time instructors
Great School
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 1, 2017
I was able to work here while going to school. It balanced my days evenly and was convenient for me to attend class and still make some money in the same building. I love the environment and wish I had never had to leave.
Pros
Amazing people and place.
Cons
Work study ended at graduation and not much pay.
Fun place to work
WELDING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 8, 2016
Fun place to work with much satisfaction in teaching youth the skill of welding technology. Great folks to work with! Very knowledgeable staff!!!
Aims Community College
Part-time Administrative Assistant B Center (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 24, 2016
I worked at Aims while I was in school there, as a work study. I was able to work in the field I was studying and therefore earn money and experience at the same time. I also was able to use my work study position as my internship.
Pros
Working and studying at the same establishment.
Cons
I was unable to secure a full-time position.
creative and helpful with students
Ceramics Lab Tech Work Study (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 18, 2016
On the job you make and recycle clay while assisting students. You also mix and make glazes as well as process students pieces through the kilns. As well as basic cleaning details extra tasks can be given as a side project from the instructors. It is a creative and understanding work environment.
productive, builds one's future
Financial Aid Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 24, 2015
As a work-study student, I learned values of commitment to my job, and always smiling.It is a wonderful place I would love to work in all my life
Grat place to work and learn at the same time
IT helpdesk Support (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 8, 2015
Begin my day with opening up the ticket database to see what was a priority. I learned to have patients with staff that wasn't to technical. I work along side with the IT manager she was very easy to get along with and very knowledgeable. My co-workers all had different areas of the college that they worked at so shadowing them from time to time helped me learn so many different things. This was the most enjoyable part of my job for the new things I learned.
Data Entry/Clerical/Coffee Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 8, 2015
I enjoyed both of my positions within Aims! It was very exciting to be selected to be the very first employee of the coffee cart! Both positions provided me with learning experiences to add to my skills. I enjoyed the variety of duties the security/Maintenance position required of me! That position was physical often times and I loved it! Working here allowed me to leave my classes and start work all in the same place!
Pros
school
Awesome management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 29, 2015
This was a great second job.
The management was awesome. A woman that understands scheduling and works magic to accommodate many.
Best place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 17, 2015
this was the best place I have ever worked. I enjoyed everyone who worked there and was able to move up quickly in positions here. I loved my boss and everyone else I worked with.