Aims Community College Employee Reviews in United States

productive, builds one's future
Financial Aid Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 24, 2015
As a work-study student, I learned values of commitment to my job, and always smiling.It is a wonderful place I would love to work in all my life
Grat place to work and learn at the same time
IT helpdesk Support (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 8, 2015
Begin my day with opening up the ticket database to see what was a priority. I learned to have patients with staff that wasn't to technical. I work along side with the IT manager she was very easy to get along with and very knowledgeable. My co-workers all had different areas of the college that they worked at so shadowing them from time to time helped me learn so many different things. This was the most enjoyable part of my job for the new things I learned.
Data Entry/Clerical/Coffee Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 8, 2015
I enjoyed both of my positions within Aims! It was very exciting to be selected to be the very first employee of the coffee cart! Both positions provided me with learning experiences to add to my skills. I enjoyed the variety of duties the security/Maintenance position required of me! That position was physical often times and I loved it! Working here allowed me to leave my classes and start work all in the same place!
Pros
school
Awesome management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 29, 2015
This was a great second job.
The management was awesome. A woman that understands scheduling and works magic to accommodate many.
Best place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 17, 2015
this was the best place I have ever worked. I enjoyed everyone who worked there and was able to move up quickly in positions here. I loved my boss and everyone else I worked with.
great atmosphere for learning and growing
ESS Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 12, 2015
I enjoyed helping students do research and finding information on the computers. Also, helping customers to find books and dvd's. My boss was reasonable with the workload assigned as well as giving her additional support with her job. My co-workers were helpful and pleasant to work with.
I didn't like shelving books too much.
Great Learning Opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 6, 2015
The Financial Aid Department was dedicated to getting the most benefits possible for each individual student. Working with people who cared so much about "their" students was inspirational.
Good colleagues, excellent environment
Assistant Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Greeley, ColoradoFebruary 8, 2015
Aims is a friendly place to work with good colleagues, excellent students, and an excellent environment. Management needs a little help, but that's probably true of any workplace. The president is retiring this year, so it will be interesting to see how that changes things in the years to come.
Pros
excellent colleagues
Cons
administrative hassles
Fun place to work
Tutor/Computer assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 27, 2015
I worked with students on various programs. I found individuals have their own learning type and worked with them to find their best learning technique. The management was friendly and helped me to learn the various systems. Co-Works were friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students on their projects.
Pros
scheduled around your classes
Cons
only a tutor, so i didn't see any cons
Help desk at community college
Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 6, 2014
A simple help desk job that mostly consisted of helping students print, study, find files, and other simple tasks. Was also tasked with updating the database used to keep track of student use of the computer lab. Got to rub shoulder with some of the higher ups and gained a little insight about those job positions.
Pros
simple job
Cons
not a lot of skill required
Great learning facility
Student (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 1, 2014
Spent 2 years earning Associates Degree, great classmates and instructors
Pros
excellent tutors, and instructors
It's a really nice school and I really enjoy going to school
Student (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 23, 2014
The teachers are very helpful and the class sizes are good sized. Sometimes it's hard to balance life and school since when I'm not in school I'm at home studying, but the rewards when I'm done will out weight the hard parts I'm going through now.
Pros
getting a degree, enjoy the school and teachers
Cons
it's taken me a long time to get through school, juggling family and school
Student Focused!
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 17, 2014
If you love students, you will love working here. Interaction with students is the most positive thing about ACC.
it was a lot of fun
Campus Bistro (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 18, 2014
i mostly enjoyed being around other people i learned a lot about cooking particularlly cooking different types of meat
Pros
i got a discount on food
Great Community College
Student (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 20, 2013
U have attend aims for 4 years now and I absolutely love being a student at such a grown but at the same time little community college. The reason i say little is because I literally have one on one meetings with my professors without an issue and I feel like I understand the course much more, I have struggled but for that reason I have had the best support from all the advisers and professors at Aims.
Pros
growing to become what i want to become
Cons
quizes!!
Loved working there
Support Technician; Mainframe Operator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 19, 2013
Worked with wide range of users. Customer service was very important.
Work Study rocks!
Computer Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 20, 2013
Work study is awesome! Too bad time there is limited. I really enjoyed working with students and helping with any issue they may have had. The professors were great. Staff was accommodating and helpful. Pay was adequate.
Pros
working with people
Cons
limited employment
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant for EMS (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 1, 2013
This is such a great place to work. There is tons of support every where, recognition, and this was one of the best jobs I have ever worked at.
Pros
support
Cons
no room for advancement
A knowledgeable place to work
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 5, 2013
A very knowledgeable staff in the IT department I learned a lot while I was there.
Wonderful environment to work in
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 28, 2012
The community college setting is fun and varied. It's nice to be in an environment where you are helping people.

4.3