Aims Community College

Aims Community College Employer Reviews

It's a really nice school and I really enjoy going to school
Student (Current Employee), Greeley, COJune 23, 2014
Pros: getting a degree, enjoy the school and teachers
Cons: it's taken me a long time to get through school, juggling family and school
The teachers are very helpful and the class sizes are good sized. Sometimes it's hard to balance life and school since when I'm not in school I'm at home studying, but the rewards when I'm done will out weight the hard parts I'm going through now.
Student Focused!
Data Specialist (Former Employee), Greeley, COJune 17, 2014
If you love students, you will love working here. Interaction with students is the most positive thing about ACC.
it was a lot of fun
Campus Bistro (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 18, 2014
Pros: i got a discount on food
i mostly enjoyed being around other people i learned a lot about cooking particularlly cooking different types of meat
Great Community College
Student (Current Employee), Greeley, CODecember 20, 2013
Pros: growing to become what i want to become
Cons: quizes!!
U have attend aims for 4 years now and I absolutely love being a student at such a grown but at the same time little community college. The reason i say little is because I literally have one on one meetings with my professors without an issue and I feel like I understand the course much more, I have struggled but for that reason I have had the best – more... support from all the advisers and professors at Aims. – less
Loved working there
Support Technician; Mainframe Operator (Former Employee), Greeley, CODecember 19, 2013
Worked with wide range of users. Customer service was very important.
Work Study rocks!
Computer Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Greeley, COAugust 20, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: limited employment
Work study is awesome! Too bad time there is limited. I really enjoyed working with students and helping with any issue they may have had. The professors were great. Staff was accommodating and helpful. Pay was adequate.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant for EMS (Current Employee), Greeley, COAugust 1, 2013
Pros: support
Cons: no room for advancement
This is such a great place to work. There is tons of support every where, recognition, and this was one of the best jobs I have ever worked at.
A knowledgeable place to work
IT Support (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 5, 2013
A very knowledgeable staff in the IT department I learned a lot while I was there.
Wonderful environment to work in
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Greeley, CONovember 28, 2012
The community college setting is fun and varied. It's nice to be in an environment where you are helping people.
Had many tasks on a daily basis
Studio Technician (Former Employee), Greeley, COSeptember 23, 2012
I learned many things about the way that a Ceramics lab is run and had the opportunity to even make some artwork myself.
poor upper management
administration (Former Employee), greeley, coAugust 25, 2012
Pros: it's the only community college in weld county
Cons: faculty run the shop and the administrators follow their lead.
I learned a lot about how not to treat people from the upper management at this college. If you can get a job where you don't have deal with the senior executives it can be a pretty good place to work. Otherwise it can be pretty tough.
A very nice community college worked independantly with new nursing students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Greeley, COJune 27, 2012
Pros: working with students
Cons: limited supplies in lab
Instructed nursing students in the lab or at a clinical site. I learned that you must have a good relationship with the director of the nursing program. I worked independently at the clinical site, and enjoyed working with other instructors in the lab. The hardest part of my job is getting information second hand. Most clinical site managers would go – more... to the nursing director if they had a problem with me, I wish they would have come directly to me. I enjoyed teaching nursing students new things. – less
Productive workplace, great co-workers, great learning experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Aims Community CollegeMarch 28, 2012
Pros: training, co-workers
Cons: work-study position
My time as a work-study with this department was great. Everyone was helpful, answering all my questions and being really supportive. Learned a lot about the college I attended the people who helped me.
It all depends!
Former employee (Former Employee), Aims Community CollegeMarch 18, 2012
Pros: good benefits, friendly front-line staff, student centered
Cons: culture in some departments, part-time staff do not get benefits
How one rates Aims Community College depends quite a bit on the department they work for. I would encourage any applicant to fully research the department in which they will be working, including talking with former employees. Doing a quick job search online, Aims starting pay for the Testing Coordinator is considerably lower than other testing centers – more... around the country. – less
Fun, relaxed, easy-going atmosphere
Administrative Support B (Current Employee), Greeley, COMarch 15, 2012
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers, helpful supervisors
Cons: temporary position
Working at Aims has been a great experience. Everyone is very helpful whenever I have a question or willing to help. Everyday you can hear laughing and everyone's always willing to help student with any questions they may have. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Aims Community College.
Very low pay
Staff Associate (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 3, 2012
Good benefits but low pay. Overall not a great place to work.