Aims Community College

Aims Community College United States Employee Reviews

Great Learning Opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greeley, COApril 6, 2015
The Financial Aid Department was dedicated to getting the most benefits possible for each individual student. Working with people who cared so much about "their" students was inspirational.
Good colleagues, excellent environment
Assistant Professor of English (Current Employee), Greeley, ColoradoFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: excellent colleagues
Cons: administrative hassles
Aims is a friendly place to work with good colleagues, excellent students, and an excellent environment. Management needs a little help, but that's probably true of any workplace. The president is retiring this year, so it will be interesting to see how that changes things in the years to come.
Fun place to work
Tutor/Computer assistant (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: scheduled around your classes
Cons: only a tutor, so i didn't see any cons
I worked with students on various programs. I found individuals have their own learning type and worked with them to find their best learning technique. The management was friendly and helped me to learn the various systems. Co-Works were friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students on their projects.
Help desk at community college
Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Greeley, COOctober 6, 2014
Pros: simple job
Cons: not a lot of skill required
A simple help desk job that mostly consisted of helping students print, study, find files, and other simple tasks. Was also tasked with updating the database used to keep track of student use of the computer lab. Got to rub shoulder with some of the higher ups and gained a little insight about those job positions.
Great learning facility
Student (Former Employee), Greeley, COAugust 1, 2014
Pros: excellent tutors, and instructors
Spent 2 years earning Associates Degree, great classmates and instructors
It's a really nice school and I really enjoy going to school
Student (Current Employee), Greeley, COJune 23, 2014
Pros: getting a degree, enjoy the school and teachers
Cons: it's taken me a long time to get through school, juggling family and school
The teachers are very helpful and the class sizes are good sized. Sometimes it's hard to balance life and school since when I'm not in school I'm at home studying, but the rewards when I'm done will out weight the hard parts I'm going through now.
Student Focused!
Data Specialist (Former Employee), Greeley, COJune 17, 2014
If you love students, you will love working here. Interaction with students is the most positive thing about ACC.
it was a lot of fun
Campus Bistro (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 18, 2014
Pros: i got a discount on food
i mostly enjoyed being around other people i learned a lot about cooking particularlly cooking different types of meat
Great Community College
Student (Current Employee), Greeley, CODecember 20, 2013
Pros: growing to become what i want to become
Cons: quizes!!
U have attend aims for 4 years now and I absolutely love being a student at such a grown but at the same time little community college. The reason i say little is because I literally have one on one meetings with my professors without an issue and I feel like I understand the course much more, I have struggled but for that reason I have had the best support from all the advisers and professors at Aims.
Loved working there
Support Technician; Mainframe Operator (Former Employee), Greeley, CODecember 19, 2013
Worked with wide range of users. Customer service was very important.
Work Study rocks!
Computer Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Greeley, COAugust 20, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: limited employment
Work study is awesome! Too bad time there is limited. I really enjoyed working with students and helping with any issue they may have had. The professors were great. Staff was accommodating and helpful. Pay was adequate.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant for EMS (Current Employee), Greeley, COAugust 1, 2013
Pros: support
Cons: no room for advancement
This is such a great place to work. There is tons of support every where, recognition, and this was one of the best jobs I have ever worked at.
A knowledgeable place to work
IT Support (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 5, 2013
A very knowledgeable staff in the IT department I learned a lot while I was there.
Wonderful environment to work in
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Greeley, CONovember 28, 2012
The community college setting is fun and varied. It's nice to be in an environment where you are helping people.
Had many tasks on a daily basis
Studio Technician (Former Employee), Greeley, COSeptember 23, 2012
I learned many things about the way that a Ceramics lab is run and had the opportunity to even make some artwork myself.
poor upper management
administration (Former Employee), greeley, coAugust 25, 2012
Pros: it's the only community college in weld county
Cons: faculty run the shop and the administrators follow their lead.
I learned a lot about how not to treat people from the upper management at this college. If you can get a job where you don't have deal with the senior executives it can be a pretty good place to work. Otherwise it can be pretty tough.
A very nice community college worked independantly with new nursing students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Greeley, COJune 27, 2012
Pros: working with students
Cons: limited supplies in lab
Instructed nursing students in the lab or at a clinical site. I learned that you must have a good relationship with the director of the nursing program. I worked independently at the clinical site, and enjoyed working with other instructors in the lab. The hardest part of my job is getting information second hand. Most clinical site managers would go to the nursing director if they had a problem with me, I wish they would have come directly to me. I enjoyed teaching nursing students new things.
Productive workplace, great co-workers, great learning experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Aims Community CollegeMarch 28, 2012
Pros: training, co-workers
Cons: work-study position
My time as a work-study with this department was great. Everyone was helpful, answering all my questions and being really supportive. Learned a lot about the college I attended the people who helped me.
It all depends!
Former employee (Former Employee), Aims Community CollegeMarch 18, 2012
Pros: good benefits, friendly front-line staff, student centered
Cons: culture in some departments, part-time staff do not get benefits
How one rates Aims Community College depends quite a bit on the department they work for. I would encourage any applicant to fully research the department in which they will be working, including talking with former employees. Doing a quick job search online, Aims starting pay for the Testing Coordinator is considerably lower than other testing centers around the country.
Fun, relaxed, easy-going atmosphere
Administrative Support B (Current Employee), Greeley, COMarch 15, 2012
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers, helpful supervisors
Cons: temporary position
Working at Aims has been a great experience. Everyone is very helpful whenever I have a question or willing to help. Everyday you can hear laughing and everyone's always willing to help student with any questions they may have. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Aims Community College.