Air Canada Employee Reviews

Fun at a fadt paced job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2017
Working for a airline is a fast paced stressful job, but I enjoyed it very much. Was able to travel a lot. Benefits were great and the pay was very good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working long hours, holidays, and weekends
Stressful
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Don't ever get sick or need to call in. You'll get a warning after the first time and a second call in will get you fired. Not worth the stress for possible airline benefits.
Fun fast paced at times multi tasking meeting great passengers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Last location Chicago IlAugust 4, 2017
Flight cancellations were sometimes an issue but I made certain that all passengers were accommodated.

I did ticketing not many agents wee trained to do this. I also baggage in World Tracer.
Pros
When it was a down time we got coffee & chatted
Cons
No cons
great place
Lounge attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
Great place to meet a lot of new people from all over the world friendly enviorment great customer service extremely clean always maintaining the GRADE A for health inspections
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJuly 24, 2017
Enjoyable workplace. Lots to learn. Room for advancement. The job can be stressful at times, flight cancellations, irate passengers, but there is a joy when people are rebooked and sent on their travels.
Fast paced environment full of challenges and opportunities!
Airport Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 19, 2017
Working at AC for over 15 years provided me an opportunity to meet and interact with many people from various cultures, languages and nationalities on a daily basis. This enabled me to develop a better understanding of dealing with different customs and enriched my experience in human relations especially when difficult situations arose.
Pros
Ability to travel, meet people, health benefits
Cons
Extensive delays at times cause irate passengers
Air Canada Review
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2017
Overall my experience with Air Canada has been a good one. Working for the airline industry has opened my eyes to what really goes on behind the scenes of a ticket counter.
Great Work Enviorment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
Awesome airline to work for, my first airline job and I've learened a lot of great information, because it was a international airline it was very intense in learning everything about visa's and different requirements for different countries, but the bes part that kept me going were the customers.
Stressful, but can be fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 17, 2017
Working for this airline is cutthroat and just plain brutal. Often times, you're working with minimum staff, triple the work load, and in hardly no break during peak season. Colleagues were full of drama, not to mention, loves and thrives for other people's drama. No, thank you!!! Other times, it's not so bad. Fun people to work with, the rapport between coworkers, and meeting new people are just perks aside from the flying benefits, which by the way, isn't worth it, sometimes, with all the stress of being a standby.
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
bad management, drama, lazy coworkers
ok
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2017
job can get stressful a lot of hustle and bustle but time flies working there. Management is nice wished pay was more so people would be more excited to come into work
Normal
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2017
very normal job. As I did not stay to long, the only thing that
I can say about this company is that everybody is normal in this company. Few people are not as well as everybody working as supervisor, they are few not everyone. Coworkers are good helpers once you start at work. My job was pretty easy and good. That is all what I have to say about my experience working in Air Canada as a customer services agent.
very good
customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2017
i don"t want to write a review about my last job. that is personal. I really don't have much to say. all I can say was that I loved working with Air Canada and I enjoyed what it had to offer me. I have been with them for 10 years and I would love to go back and work with them again. I love flying with them I love visiting Canada and I love their culture. I felt very privilege to be part of a great airline as Air Canada.
Pros
i had a great team in LA
Cons
I work a lot of hours but it was fine
Great to fly with Jazz Aviation
Captain of CRJ-900 & CRJ-200 & DHC-8 . . (Former Employee) –  CYVR & CYYC pilot baseMarch 29, 2017
Good company ; Good people . My favorate aircraft was the CL-65 ( CRJ-900 ) . I enjoyed many of the destinations . Excellent Safety culture . Too bad I turned 65 & had to retire .
Customer Rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
I enjoy working for this company. I do believe that this company values the employee. There needs to be a commitment to the employees families as well as an understanding that the work life and home life must have balance
great place
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2017
Like this job but the pay is not great especially if you're the only breadwinner but they do offer overtime which is great but you basically won't see your family a lot. People are great and supervisors as well. Overall is a great place and benefits are awesome.
Challenging Fun work
Airline Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CaliforniaFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to start in the airline industry. Quick advancement if you are willing. Low ceiling for promotion after a certain level. Becomes very cliquey.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
slow union pay scale, cliquey
Really good Airline
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 18, 2016
. Benefits are amazing
. training is very quick and easy
. management some work, but they're decent
. you get a profit sharing every year
. and you get a 2 percent raise
Its a step up from retail
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2016
I love working for the airlines this is not a job it's a career pathway. Focus only on the task at hand don't worry about what others are doing to push yourself to the next level.
Pros
part time not enough hours
Cons
health benefits, flight benefits
Terrible manager
Air canada customer agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 23, 2016
Terrible management.
The job in itself would've been fun.
Travel benefits are good , however The manager is terrible, and sarchastic. People never stay, so we were always short staffed. Leads repeat everything you say or do, even if you are in the break room. Major tyrany and huge limitation In shift trade, so good luck finding time to travel !
It could have been nice again if the manager was more intelligent and kept his employees happy. Instead of angry.
There is great airlines out there. I am glad I left
Pros
Cheap flight
Cons
Macro management . Terrible atmosphere
I Loved this job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2016
Always learning something new. Great people to work with. Positive work environment. Hardest part of the job was clocking out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.