Air Canada

Air Canada Employer Reviews

Amazing career, Loved to travel, passionate to meet new people
Purser Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Montreal, Toronto and Halifax basedMay 2, 2014
Pros: it changes constantly, strong customers skill required, travel, benefit
Cons: no cons
Get ready for flight, review procedure and service with staff, welcome guests and ensure that they would enjoy every minute on board our flight, best customer service, and safe travel, following safety regulation and policy.

First started as a flight attendant and was promoted to purser flight attendant for strong leadership skills. The love of people – more... makes this career the perfect one as we meet new crew and customers on almost every flight. Simply delightful.

The unpredictability of traveling makes this career exciting and so rewarding when you step up to the plate and turn everyone's experience into the best of their life.

When I had my interview when first hired by Air Canada, I had been asked what was my fear...I answered: If someone wants chicken at 35,000 feet, what would I do to satisfy this guest. Now I know that their is always a way, we must simply be creative.

I loved to travel, enjoy culture and rewarding life of Flight Attendant. – less
clients satisfaction driven
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2014
Pros: nice hours
Cons: short break
I work part-time at the checking counter at hours when there was flights for Montréal, so I was able to use my French language.
Air Canada has planes to move from point A to point B and that the main concern: to get the plane to leave on time, so the work can be stressful at time, especially during summer and holidays.
good
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2013
good airline, good company to work. Heavy work load. Employees are very helpful.
Exciting work enviorment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), East Boston, MAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: exciting, great benefits, travel benefits
Cons: commuting into boston, and parking cost.
A typical day was filled with various duties and assigments. I learned all aspects of airline operations. Management was supportive and co-workers have become life long friends. The hardest part of the job was the commute into Logan Airport.
Worst Place I have worked at
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 21, 2013
I was an agent out of EWR Newark, NJ it was the worst place to work at. The co- workers there are cut throat an out for self. Management in no way wants you to succeed. Unrealistic probationary period of 6 months where you can not be late and or call out sick from work. Union can't and will not represent you if you don't pass probation. But you are – more... paying the union initiation fees and union dues out of your check. This was no way a great company to work for, not even there flight benefits are not as great for a main line airline. Would not ever recommend any one to work for this company!!!!! – less
GREAT CO-WORKERS AND EXCITING DAILY ACTIVITIES
Customer Service Ticketing Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: travel discount
Cons: bounced between 2 airports management unsupportive
MANAGEMENT ARE NOT TEAM PLAYER CENTERED BUT QUITE AN EXPERIENCE
Great colleagues!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), MIA & FLLJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: space available travel
MIA and FLL airports attract the BEST, smartest, friendliest customer service agents .... they continuously shine is a rough environment!
Good Company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2012
Pros: good management
Cons: lack of permanent positions
Worked for them as a seasonal Customer Service Agent in Miami. Loved working there. They have some problems as all companies do that have employees protected by unions, but overall it is a good place to work. The station manager is an exceptional individual and I would work for her any day.
Unfortunately, the position was just for the season as permanent – more... opportunities are limited with Air Canada in Miami – less
Challenging yet interesting assignment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2012
Pros: great benefits, travel priveleges
I have the privilege of interacting with people from all nations and cultures.Atypical day at work begins very early with my passengers, I have learned a lot about the needs of various cultures from around the world. Management is very supportive anf my co workers are always available to assist. i really cannot place my finger on any part of my job – more... that is hard. it just rquires careful adherence to Aviation compliance. the most enjoyable part of my job is the daily interaction with the different cultures from all around the world – less
Amazing coworkers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 29, 2014
It is a great company if you are looking forward to advance, but there are so many restrictions that also applied. Overall, the co workers are absolutely amazing where they are helpful.
Proffesional, productive, dynamic work environment
Concierge and Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), TLV, IsraelSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: dynamic environment
My days are extremely enjoyable both as a Concierge and as a Passenger Service Agent
nice place to learn and grow
Cargo Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: no weekends or holidays off
weather was half your day
place did not stop or close
24/7 365
mis-managed
Lead Station Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
This is a job that is based solely on how long you have been there...Management is completely out to lunch (half of them are not even trained for the job they are trying to manage)..

Flight benefits? Don't even try to fly in the summer or during the holiday peak period unless you have a ton of seniority..Union and management do not get along, don't – more... even know why there is a union, they really don't help with anything.

Pay is low for the work, and the pension is on the brink of collapse.. – less
about the role
Employee Communication Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: start up opportunity
Cons: no personal career growth
• Developing and executing communication initiatives to engage employees in the operations divisions.
• Providing communications counsel to management colleagues.
• Overseeing development, layout and maintenance of intranet content.
• Evaluating communication failures and developing/implementing solutions. Conducting quality assurance and surveys to – more... measure effectiveness.
• Launching Air Canada’s enterprise social media network and driving community engagement.
• Benchmarking industry trends. – less
fun place to work at
Station Attendant (Former Employee), calgary, albertaSeptember 10, 2014
the day would be productive and great, i learned many skills that helped me do my job even better
Amazing job
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Pearson airportSeptember 8, 2014
Love this job working with aeroplanes and amazing people. Doesn't even feel like a work.
Customer Service
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), toronto, ONAugust 20, 2014
-dealing with many upset customers, very fast paced, repetitive work,
-early hours and changed positions and hours
great coworkers and lots to learn
management is reasonable
Hectic work environment
Ancillary Services Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OnatrioAugust 18, 2014
Very fast paced environment and must be able to problem solve and make quick accurate decisions.
service aircraft ground surport equipment
MILLWRIGHT (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 13, 2014
Pros: aircrafts
great job loved working around aircraft. latest equipment new tooling to use.
lots of traveling benefits for kids and parents if safety is your top priority and you are disciplined person this is the best job in the country
station attendent (Current Employee), yvrJuly 31, 2014
Pros: salary benefits traveling job security
Cons: weather
Enjoyed the best life, me and my family could think of because of air Canada

1 2 3 4 5