Air Canada

Air Canada Employer Reviews

clients satisfaction driven
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2014
Pros: nice hours
Cons: short break
I work part-time at the checking counter at hours when there was flights for Montréal, so I was able to use my French language.
Air Canada has planes to move from point A to point B and that the main concern: to get the plane to leave on time, so the work can be stressful at time, especially during summer and holidays.
good
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2013
good airline, good company to work. Heavy work load. Employees are very helpful.
Exciting work enviorment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), East Boston, MAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: exciting, great benefits, travel benefits
Cons: commuting into boston, and parking cost.
A typical day was filled with various duties and assigments. I learned all aspects of airline operations. Management was supportive and co-workers have become life long friends. The hardest part of the job was the commute into Logan Airport.
Worst Place I have worked at
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 21, 2013
I was an agent out of EWR Newark, NJ it was the worst place to work at. The co- workers there are cut throat an out for self. Management in no way wants you to succeed. Unrealistic probationary period of 6 months where you can not be late and or call out sick from work. Union can't and will not represent you if you don't pass probation. But you are – more... paying the union initiation fees and union dues out of your check. This was no way a great company to work for, not even there flight benefits are not as great for a main line airline. Would not ever recommend any one to work for this company!!!!! – less
GREAT CO-WORKERS AND EXCITING DAILY ACTIVITIES
Customer Service Ticketing Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: travel discount
Cons: bounced between 2 airports management unsupportive
MANAGEMENT ARE NOT TEAM PLAYER CENTERED BUT QUITE AN EXPERIENCE
Great colleagues!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), MIA & FLLJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: space available travel
MIA and FLL airports attract the BEST, smartest, friendliest customer service agents .... they continuously shine is a rough environment!
Good Company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2012
Pros: good management
Cons: lack of permanent positions
Worked for them as a seasonal Customer Service Agent in Miami. Loved working there. They have some problems as all companies do that have employees protected by unions, but overall it is a good place to work. The station manager is an exceptional individual and I would work for her any day.
Unfortunately, the position was just for the season as permanent – more... opportunities are limited with Air Canada in Miami – less
Challenging yet interesting assignment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2012
Pros: great benefits, travel priveleges
I have the privilege of interacting with people from all nations and cultures.Atypical day at work begins very early with my passengers, I have learned a lot about the needs of various cultures from around the world. Management is very supportive anf my co workers are always available to assist. i really cannot place my finger on any part of my job – more... that is hard. it just rquires careful adherence to Aviation compliance. the most enjoyable part of my job is the daily interaction with the different cultures from all around the world – less
mis-managed
Lead Station Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
This is a job that is based solely on how long you have been there...Management is completely out to lunch (half of them are not even trained for the job they are trying to manage)..

Flight benefits? Don't even try to fly in the summer or during the holiday peak period unless you have a ton of seniority..Union and management do not get along, don't – more... even know why there is a union, they really don't help with anything.

Pay is low for the work, and the pension is on the brink of collapse.. – less
fun place to work at
Station Attendant (Former Employee), calgary, albertaSeptember 10, 2014
the day would be productive and great, i learned many skills that helped me do my job even better
Amazing job
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Pearson airportSeptember 8, 2014
Love this job working with aeroplanes and amazing people. Doesn't even feel like a work.
Customer Service
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), toronto, ONAugust 20, 2014
-dealing with many upset customers, very fast paced, repetitive work,
-early hours and changed positions and hours
great coworkers and lots to learn
management is reasonable
Hectic work environment
Ancillary Services Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OnatrioAugust 18, 2014
Very fast paced environment and must be able to problem solve and make quick accurate decisions.
service aircraft ground surport equipment
MILLWRIGHT (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 13, 2014
Pros: aircrafts
great job loved working around aircraft. latest equipment new tooling to use.
lots of traveling benefits for kids and parents if safety is your top priority and you are disciplined person this is the best job in the country
station attendent (Current Employee), yvrJuly 31, 2014
Pros: salary benefits traveling job security
Cons: weather
Enjoyed the best life, me and my family could think of because of air Canada
Worth it for a little while
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), montrealJuly 24, 2014
Not worth the stress, extremely underpaid for the work done.
productive
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE CLEANER (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJuly 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job if you know that we satisfy our customers needs.The unity of working together and sharing suggestions for the improvement in our workplace,
Great life style, lots of time off.... But no recognition
SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 13, 2014
As most of big companies, the benefits are great, medical, pension,etc... Beside that, this is a customer service job like any other, meaning customers are rarely greatful, management is useless and incentives non-existent. I worked with great employees, and the overall experience is good (not great); but the maturity stops at age 25.
The future for – more... employees is not looking so good, Rouge is taking on more flying away from Air Canada (the so-called main line); which means less work for Air Canada employees. Some bases are seeing 20 years sitting on reserve (on call), and it will just get worth.
Do not believe what the news are saying, Air Canada is one of the best company to work for (2013); this is clearly based on the performance of the stock only. Also do not feel compassionate for managers or executive managers. Their goal is to squeeze as much as possible from the employees so they get bigger bonus.
Top Executives have seen unjustified increases in compensation in the last years, while employees are barely seeing pay increase at inflation rate.
This airline would be profitable if less management and smaller payouts. But this is not going to happen. – less
great place to work
Ramp Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
I enjoy working here, wish it paid more. the benefits are great. flight passes for myself and family.
Dream Job
Ground customer service agent (Former Employee), Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 Station, ENGJune 29, 2014
In all honesty I wish I could have stayed but family did not work well with shift patterns.
Enjoyed every minute and the air port atmosphere was exciting.

1 2 3 4 5