Air Canada Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, Productive, Work environment
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJanuary 8, 2016
Meet new people everyday, your always learning something knew, and you meet some great people. I wish they overed benefits. I techincally don't work for Air Canada. I work for ASIG, we are contracted with Air Canada. I tend to 4 flights a day, which are 18 seat Beachcraft 1900's.
Air Canada
Retired Airline Pilot (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 10, 2015
During my entire career with Air Canada has been the highlight of my life. I have fulfilled a dream come true in aviation. As my employer I have always been treated with dignity and respect as an employee as they are in my opinion the global leaders in the aviation and aerospace industry striving to achieve and maintain the highest standards possible.
I Loved this job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2016
Always learning something new. Great people to work with. Positive work environment. Hardest part of the job was clocking out.
Personal safisfaction that passengers are happy with the service that was provided
Passenger Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2015
Sucessfully completed Air Canada passenger service training to further develop professional skills. Performed a multitude of tasks as required for the airline industry. Heavy public contact, customer service, strong communication . Worked in team oriented environment with a set goal to ensure that flights are in and out on time . Difficult part of the job is providing alternate flights and lodging with flight interruptions and irregularities.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Irregular hours with flight interruptions.
worst job ever
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa airportAugust 25, 2015
worst company to work for ever!
they do not care about their employees and treat them like dirt!
The pay is awful and the responsibility tremendous.
Passes have black out dates-no travel from Nov to April out of the Tampa station this is Tampa's rule-and in the summer there are hardly any flights so very difficult to travel
When the flight is late you could be there all night and they dont care!!!
Pros
passes if you can use them-healthcare
Cons
sometimes no breaks or super short breaks-hard work-long hours
Air Canada
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2015
not very good pay only making $10 an hour. But great people to work with, not much room for advancement but was steady nice work
Pros
good people
Cons
pay
Diligent and Social Work Environment
Kiosk/Lobby Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2015
My goals as a kiosk agent included working prudently with passenger needs and providing quick and versatile service. I had learned to check passengers in, assist in boarding passengers at gates, and maintain a strict clock in-and-out schedule. The kiosk agent position has allowed me to practice and develop skills with providing exceptional service and prudent assistance in a diligent and interactive work environment.
great co-workers
CSA (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2015
love to interact with customers, help resolve problems, and make the work environment better.
I learned great customer skills, dealing with customer problems.
Loved working with my co-workers, they were very helpful and had great personalities. most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers. the hardest part of the job was standing up for long periods of time..
Pros
great co workers
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work if you like to travel
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2014
Summer is not your typical summer. It's busy, stressful, lots of broken planes, airport constructions, passenger traffic, and not to mention hurricane season in the lower east coast, and thunderstorm in the upper east coast. Although airline travelers are notorious for their "weird" behavior, there are also customers who makes this field fun and enjoyable.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
stressful, early start
Enjoyable work place.
cabin service agent (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 8, 2014
A typical day at work would be grooming the aircraft, supplying and security sweep. I've learned to having time management skills, organizational skills. Management was goo, everything was fine. My co-workers, I get along with everyone, we are a team. When the gates are changed we are not notified about it. I enjoyed my job in general; I loved everything about it and the experience I had.
Worst Place I have worked at
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 21, 2013
I was an agent out of EWR Newark, NJ it was the worst place to work at. The co- workers there are cut throat an out for self. Management in no way wants you to succeed. Unrealistic probationary period of 6 months where you can not be late and or call out sick from work. Union can't and will not represent you if you don't pass probation. But you are paying the union initiation fees and union dues out of your check. This was no way a great company to work for, not even there flight benefits are not as great for a main line airline. Would not ever recommend any one to work for this company!!!!!
Good Company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2012
Worked for them as a seasonal Customer Service Agent in Miami. Loved working there. They have some problems as all companies do that have employees protected by unions, but overall it is a good place to work. The station manager is an exceptional individual and I would work for her any day.
Unfortunately, the position was just for the season as permanent opportunities are limited with Air Canada in Miami
Pros
good management
Cons
lack of permanent positions
Challenging yet interesting assignment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2012
I have the privilege of interacting with people from all nations and cultures.Atypical day at work begins very early with my passengers, I have learned a lot about the needs of various cultures from around the world. Management is very supportive anf my co workers are always available to assist. i really cannot place my finger on any part of my job that is hard. it just rquires careful adherence to Aviation compliance. the most enjoyable part of my job is the daily interaction with the different cultures from all around the world
Pros
great benefits, travel priveleges
Honest and serious Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2015
I really enjoyed work in this Account, everyday was a challenge because the schedule we had staring very early and leaving very late,
but the pleasure to do a good job and to keep my team happy is the best part of my job
fun
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 12, 2015
I loved it except they was low on staff and didn't have the right people running it as far as supervisors.Things would have been a lot better if they gave incentives to employees that did good.
Pros
exciting
Cons
mangement
clients satisfaction driven
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2014
I work part-time at the checking counter at hours when there was flights for Montréal, so I was able to use my French language.
Air Canada has planes to move from point A to point B and that the main concern: to get the plane to leave on time, so the work can be stressful at time, especially during summer and holidays.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
short break
Exciting work enviorment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAOctober 9, 2013
A typical day was filled with various duties and assigments. I learned all aspects of airline operations. Management was supportive and co-workers have become life long friends. The hardest part of the job was the commute into Logan Airport.
Pros
exciting, great benefits, travel benefits
Cons
commuting into boston, and parking cost.
benefits yes, salary sucks, lack of advancement and leadership.
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoDecember 30, 2014
The company has alot of potential but doesnt invest enough into the front line staff. Great airline, but not a great us company.
Social activities with other airline employees
Supervisor, Customer Service & Operations (Former Employee) –  Bradley International, CTOctober 21, 2014
A normal work routine; passenger handling, operational functions, and other safety and security assignments.
Pros
free air travel
Cons
poor benefits
Fast pace. Interesting.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2014
Learned a lot about flights, bookings, cancellations. I did paperwork for the different airplanes that would leave our airport. I got to practice my French with passengers.