Air Canada

Air Canada Employer Reviews

Social activities with other airline employees
Supervisor, Customer Service & Operations (Former Employee), Bradley International, CTOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free air travel
Cons: poor benefits
A normal work routine; passenger handling, operational functions, and other safety and security assignments.
Good place to work if you like to travel
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: stressful, early start
Summer is not your typical summer. It's busy, stressful, lots of broken planes, airport constructions, passenger traffic, and not to mention hurricane season in the lower east coast, and thunderstorm in the upper east coast. Although airline travelers are notorious for their "weird" behavior, there are also customers who makes this field fun and enjoyable.
Amazing career, Loved to travel, passionate to meet new people
Purser Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Montreal, Toronto and Halifax basedMay 2, 2014
Pros: it changes constantly, strong customers skill required, travel, benefit
Cons: no cons
Get ready for flight, review procedure and service with staff, welcome guests and ensure that they would enjoy every minute on board our flight, best customer service, and safe travel, following safety regulation and policy.

First started as a flight attendant and was promoted to purser flight attendant for strong leadership skills. The love of people – more... makes this career the perfect one as we meet new crew and customers on almost every flight. Simply delightful.

The unpredictability of traveling makes this career exciting and so rewarding when you step up to the plate and turn everyone's experience into the best of their life.

When I had my interview when first hired by Air Canada, I had been asked what was my fear...I answered: If someone wants chicken at 35,000 feet, what would I do to satisfy this guest. Now I know that their is always a way, we must simply be creative.

I loved to travel, enjoy culture and rewarding life of Flight Attendant. – less
clients satisfaction driven
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2014
Pros: nice hours
Cons: short break
I work part-time at the checking counter at hours when there was flights for Montréal, so I was able to use my French language.
Air Canada has planes to move from point A to point B and that the main concern: to get the plane to leave on time, so the work can be stressful at time, especially during summer and holidays.
good
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2013
good airline, good company to work. Heavy work load. Employees are very helpful.
Exciting work enviorment.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), East Boston, MAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: exciting, great benefits, travel benefits
Cons: commuting into boston, and parking cost.
A typical day was filled with various duties and assigments. I learned all aspects of airline operations. Management was supportive and co-workers have become life long friends. The hardest part of the job was the commute into Logan Airport.
Worst Place I have worked at
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 21, 2013
I was an agent out of EWR Newark, NJ it was the worst place to work at. The co- workers there are cut throat an out for self. Management in no way wants you to succeed. Unrealistic probationary period of 6 months where you can not be late and or call out sick from work. Union can't and will not represent you if you don't pass probation. But you are – more... paying the union initiation fees and union dues out of your check. This was no way a great company to work for, not even there flight benefits are not as great for a main line airline. Would not ever recommend any one to work for this company!!!!! – less
GREAT CO-WORKERS AND EXCITING DAILY ACTIVITIES
Customer Service Ticketing Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: travel discount
Cons: bounced between 2 airports management unsupportive
MANAGEMENT ARE NOT TEAM PLAYER CENTERED BUT QUITE AN EXPERIENCE
Great colleagues!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), MIA & FLLJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: space available travel
MIA and FLL airports attract the BEST, smartest, friendliest customer service agents .... they continuously shine is a rough environment!
Good Company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2012
Pros: good management
Cons: lack of permanent positions
Worked for them as a seasonal Customer Service Agent in Miami. Loved working there. They have some problems as all companies do that have employees protected by unions, but overall it is a good place to work. The station manager is an exceptional individual and I would work for her any day.
Unfortunately, the position was just for the season as permanent – more... opportunities are limited with Air Canada in Miami – less
Challenging yet interesting assignment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2012
Pros: great benefits, travel priveleges
I have the privilege of interacting with people from all nations and cultures.Atypical day at work begins very early with my passengers, I have learned a lot about the needs of various cultures from around the world. Management is very supportive anf my co workers are always available to assist. i really cannot place my finger on any part of my job – more... that is hard. it just rquires careful adherence to Aviation compliance. the most enjoyable part of my job is the daily interaction with the different cultures from all around the world – less

About Air Canada

Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air – Read more