Air Force National Guard

Air Force National Guard Employee Reviews

Awesome Air Power
Alert Force Supervisor (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 26, 2015
Fun exciting workplace, working as a team to achieve a common goal of providing air power and security for the american people and american way of life
Great place to serve
Aircraft Armament System Specialist (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Family friendly, great added benefits
Cons: Part time, good as something extra
Serving in multiple branches, the ANG has been great. Very easy to be around people, very professional, and tons of experience to be had.
Demanding, challenging
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Apprentice (Current Employee), Buckley AFB, COJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Military experience
Cons: Hard to obtain full-time positions.
Very challenging work and you learn a lot. Team oriented environment. Great for former active duty military members looking to continue service.
Typical Fast Food
Temporary Technician-Materials Handler (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVJuly 15, 2015
This workplace was just like your typical fast food workplace. The co-workers were fun and most got along. Everyone helped everyone when the workday got really busy. Management had their good and bad days.
Great Place
Power Support Systems Mechanic Training Leader (Current Employee), March ARB, CAJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work. Very laid back and everyone works very hard. No one expects anyone else to do their work for them like many other places.
Great
Recruiting Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 27, 2015
I enjoy the military lifestyle and working in teams. The benefit of working in a team environment is the positive outlook on developing others.
Military
Administrative Support (Current Employee), March Air Reserve Base, CAJune 19, 2015
Proud to serve! I enjoy coming to work and knowing that I'm making a difference. I've learned many valuable skills in the Air Force from clerical to being a material handler. My unit has made me an overall well rounded person.
Productive and a structured workplace
Air Traffic Control Specialist (Current Employee), Kapolei, HIJune 13, 2015
Always being kept on your toes as it is an airport not to be underestimated. On a typical work, operations can be counted within the hundreds and can be rather complex.
A World Apart
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, great training, skills to last a lifetime
Cons: May take you places you didn't particularly want to go
A great place to work where you can see new things and visit new places. You will earn trust and responsibility and be appreciated. You will learn at least one career path. You will develop a stronger tie with your community. You will have confidence in yourself, and those you work with. Integrity First. Service before Self. Excellence in all we do. These are the Tenets of the United States Air Force.
Air National Guard
Management Analyst (Former Employee), Ventura County CaliforniaMay 16, 2015
Pros: See the world
Cons: Go some places that are not much fun
What can I say, working for the Guard was a privilege and a great experience.

For most it is a weekend a month and two weeks a year. But for a select few it is a full time job. I was lucky to make the Guard a full time job for many years and still miss it 15 years after retiring.
Military
Contracting and Vehicle Maintenance (Current Employee), New Castle, DEMay 13, 2015
Enjoyed defending our country! Enjoyed defending our country! Enjoyed defending our country! Enjoyed defending our country!
Not as good as it may seem
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 8, 2015
Pros: Knowing your job made a difference.
Cons: Knowing that the harder you worked that more work would be waiting for you.
Typical work day was very busy with many tasks to accomplish. I learned how to multi-task and that I deserved better treatment than I got. Management was the worst. My last supervisor was looking for any reason to write me up and usually did. Most of my co-workers were worried about themselves and their careers. Management fostered conflict and caused little to no teamwork. The hardest part of the job was having the motivation to go to work. There was absolutely no chance for advancement unless you spent time not doing your job and telling the supervisors how great they are(even though they were far from great). The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the people who were truly dedicated to getting the job done and trying to work as a team. When I left the bosses were trying to phase out those who wanted to work as a team.
My second Family.
TSgt E-6 (Technician) (Current Employee), North Highlands, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Comraderie
Cons: Only work one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer.
Close knit. Hard working. Great atmosphere. Senior leadership truly cares about those they supervise. Love who I work with and who I supervise. Everyone is working towards the same goal of supporting the Air Force as well as responding to assist in the event of state emergencies such as earthquakes, wildfires, etc. I feel like I make a pivotal impact each and every time I attend drill weekends.
Great place to work for and the benefits definitely outweigh the costs
Client Support Technician (Former Employee), Joint Base Pearl Hbr Hickam, HIApril 16, 2015
Pros: Gaining valuable working experience
Cons: Excessively long working hours
You serve your country and your country gives back to you by paying for your college tuition. Also the TDY's provide you with trips to exotic places you would usually never go to on your own.
It served its purpose
Senior Airman (E-4) (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 10, 2015
I joined the National Guard to help pay for college. And I was able to do this. But like any organization, there are things that are uncomfortable and seemingly unfair. It is a solid organization, but it is difficult when you only work once a month.
Provides great travel and work experiances
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOApril 7, 2015
I have had the opertunity to Travel and work with several different people and in several different places, I have a job that is very rewarding.
EXCELLENT POSITION
SECURITY FORCES (Current Employee), VANDENBERG AFB, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: REWARDING
Cons: DANGEROUS
WE WORK LONG 12 HOUR DAYS AND COULD BE DEPLOYED AT ANYTIME, BUT GIVEN ABILITY TO MENTOR AND SUPERVISE YOUNGER AIRMEN. THE POSITION IS MILITARY AND OVERSEEN BY A MSGT.
Greatest Experience
Knowledge Operations Manager (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOMarch 19, 2015
Pros: serving your country
I grew as my time in the military went on. I have had some of the greatest experiences of my life and met some life long friends.
Great place to learn job skills and teamwork.
Aerospace Ground Equipment Maintenance (Current Employee), Knob Noster, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great training
A typical day consist of the morning meeting, where the day is layed out, then the work part of the day kicks in, and last is the clean up and debrief.

I have learned how to manage people and time.and resources. I have advanced my knowledge of the technical skills needed to repair and troubleshoot many types of equipment.

The hardest part of the job is when I come to a problem that I have not seen before and have to figure out the reason for the symptoms to fix it properly.
One weekend a month
Services Journeyman/FSRT member (Current Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2015
This is the same as the Colorado Air National Guard.

Basic Training was in 2011 where I came back and performed duties for one weekend a month.

1 2 3 4 5