Air Force Reserve, Headquarters

Air Force Reserve, Headquarters Employee Reviews

Rewarding experience for a young airmen
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Charleston AFB, SCMay 18, 2015
The Air Force Reserves was a great experience for anyone wishing to learn a few things before entering college or while attending college. I have gained a great number of leadership skills through by working with my coworkers or accomplishing tasks of maintaining the aircraft such as replacing parts or fixing those parts. The weekends were great if you lived nearby but the hardest part was when you had to take a flight to your job site. I loved the air force and I hope to re-enlist soon.
Great opportunities.
Aerospace Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Overworked sometimes
This is a great opportunity to travel and do things you wouldn't typically do in the civilian world. You make great friends and memories while serving your country. Best part of the job is being apart of the mission and ensuring the aircraft are prepared for a successful flight.
Active Duty
MAINTENANCE SUPPLY LIAISON (Former Employee), March Air Reserve Base, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Steady pay
Cons: Commitment of employment
Great for those who share the Air Force Core Values, Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence in all we do. Opportunity to travel, health care coverage, training, and retirement.
excellent
Training /Volunteer (Current Employee), new jerseyMay 14, 2015
I am very happy with my experience as a reservist. I have been with my unit for approximately 4 years and plan to stay until retirement age.
Great Job
Network Defense Operator (Current Employee), Lackland AFB, TXMay 11, 2015
Training once a month and two weeks a year. Great leadership! Must stay in good physical condition. Coworkers are all pulling in the same direction.
Productive work place
Logistics Planner (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDApril 27, 2015
The Air Force Reserve is a wonderful place to work. The people care about you and your well being. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I'm being able to serve the country while also living a regular civilian life.
Just as any other workplace, the people make the job.
Flight Engineer Instructor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, ARApril 24, 2015
Most places and people that I have dealt with have been great. Unfortunately, the mission is changing and so are the people. The Reserve is moving towards a more Active Duty mindset.
Good workplace
Aircraft Electrical and Environmental Systems Tech (Current Employee), Patrick Afb, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, keeps you busy, great people
Cons: Needs more man power
The Air Force Reserve is a great employer. Aircraft Maintenance is a very busy career field in the Reserves, but is well worth it. Superiors are very willing to help train you on the proper ways to do things. While the job can be difficult and extremely busy, it is one of the most rewarding jobs you can find.
Great co workers and a fun and productive place to work
Aircraft Fuel Systems Specialist (Current Employee), March ARB Moreno Valley CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great people, free lunches and great teamwork.
Cons: Work can be very physical sometimes and deal with loud, heat, cold environment.
A typical day at work would be tools and equipment accountability. Computer based training and mission readiness have to be a priority. My co-workers are great people. We have fun while getting the job done on time.
The premier place to learn discipline and leadership skills
AIR FORCE RESERVE OFFICER TRAINING CORPS (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAApril 8, 2015
My two years in Air Force ROTC was a positive experience, despite the ups and downs that I experienced. The most important part of my time in ROTC was learning discipline that I definitely did not have coming out of high school. Paired with mandatory PT to keep me in shape and leadership skills that are taught in true military fashion, I took as much out of this experience as I could. Unfortunately I decided that the military path was not the way that I was meant to go and left after being granted my Enrollment Allocation, which would have allowed me to become an Officer in the United States Air Force.
Its Great
Air Trans (Materials Handler and MHE Operator) (Former Employee), Camp Springs, MDApril 7, 2015
The USAFR is an excellent place to work. Excellent opportunities for growth, fosters team work and team environment. Training is second to none and opportunities for growth are endless.
supervise and manage base amenities
Services Specialist (Current Employee), Homestead, FLApril 6, 2015
Manage, supervise, work and direct programs and operations in food services, lodging activities, recreation and sport programs.
Best Life Decision Ever
Airman 1st Class (Current Employee), Keesler AFB, MSApril 2, 2015
There are benefits and structure that would change your everyday life for the better. Not to mention that everyone respects you just for wearing the uniform. The military discount comes in handy, especially when looking for apartment homes. Best part is, THEY HELP PAY FOR SCHOOL!
awsome
Flight Paramedic C-130 and UH-60 (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 30, 2015
A normal day would be sCetting up the career. Co-workers would not help on certain days. You would think they would help you, but instead they won't help.
MSgt
Food Services Manager (Current Employee), McGuire AFB, NJMarch 27, 2015
Great place to start your work experience. Lots of room for advancement. Good balance work and lifestyle. There is no other job with such benefits and job security.
Productive and exciting place to work and advance.
Knowledge Operations Manager, E-4 to E-5 (Current Employee), Travis AFB, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Fun enviornment
Cons: Not full time
A typical day at work -Challenging yet rewarding

What I have learned -Time management

Management -Supervising lower ranking personnel

Your co-workers -Fun and exciting to work with

The hardest part of the job -Having to deal with some not so
professional people

The most enjoyable part of the job -Seeing the hard work I put in help complete the mission
Professional and efficient
Air Transportation Specialist (Current Employee), Travis AFB, CAMarch 23, 2015
My duties include loading/ unloading military and commercial aircraft with specialized cargo which includes hazardous materials and highly classified equipment. In addition, I perform various office duties which include working with various computer networking programs to ensure mission capability.
Great place to work with little bumps.
Avionics Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great supervision, great wingmen, great work enviornment
Cons: working in extreme heat/cold for long hours.
A typical day at work is nothing less but enjoyable. Everyone from the low man on the totem pole up to supervision has a great personality and is pleasant to be around. I learned a great deal from my fellow airmen and supervision. Supervision does typically goes out of their way to ensure that everyone is taken care of and is following protocol. Though supervision is easy to approach, they know when it is time to be serious and isn't afraid of putting their foot down. The airmen that you work with are outstanding individuals with a variety of personalities. With different cultures and backgrounds, you are working in a melting pot of personality. Even when there is lots of work to be done, the airmen know how to make it enjoyable and pleasing. The hardest part of the job is still relatively easy and that is ensuring your training doesn't go overdue. There are days that get relatively busy where you can't find time to check on training, but there is ample time before and after shifts to check on your own time. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being at the job. It's never a dull moment working with fellow airmen.
Its a great place to work for.
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Jacksonville, ARMarch 15, 2015
Pros: protectinf the people and country i love.
Cons: being away from my loved ones
Its a fun place to be and I work with wonderful people, And i get the chance to serve my country. Ive learned how to repair aircrfts. The Management are good people and are good to everyone around them. The hardest part of my job is knowing that peoples lives depend on my work being correct accurate and complete.
Military Medical Enviroment
Health Care Sergeant (Current Employee), MacDill AFB, FLMarch 14, 2015
The Air Force has not provided the career that I expected. I would not make the same decision again, ever. After receiving extensive training in the health care field and patient care, a typical day consists of sitting in front of a computer and not patient care.

1 2 3 4 5

Apprentice
$20,000 per year

Air Force Reserve, Headquarters Photos

1st day of 9/11
Working together to grow food for the homeless
Graduating basic training with my brother Connor