Air Force Reserve, Headquarters

Air Force Reserve, Headquarters Employee Reviews

Air Force
Staff Sergeant Denny (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAJuly 25, 2015
I have been in the military for 7 years and have loved every minute of it. The military has shown me significant leadership and management skills.
Productive, exciting place to learn and work
Radio Communications (Former Employee), Andrews, AFB, MDJuly 21, 2015
• Performs Combat Crew Communications functions. Researches, builds, and briefs wing agencies on Single Integrated Operations Plans missions. Maintains authentication systems, aircraft identify- friend-or-foe codes, and peacetime and wartime encryption and decryption documents, and assembles these into mission-specific kits for issue to aircrews
• Receives, tracks, and destroys COMSEC material as directed by the Base COMSEC account. Manages the Flight Information Publication (FLIP) account and builds FLIP kits based on each mission's route of flight and issues to crews.
• Trains and certifies aircrews on COMSEC and communications procedures. Deploys with aircrews to provide all Crew Comm services at several deployed locations worldwide.
THE WORLDS GREATEST TEAM
Firefighter (Current Employee), Barksdale AFBJuly 21, 2015
its a great life accomplishment for me. giving me a lot of knowledge for my civilian life. the military gives great benefits for health and school.
Great job, wish supervision looked out for airmen more.
Maintenace Management Production Specialist (Former Employee), McChord AFB, WAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, benefits, BAH
Cons: Little freedom, higher supervision more concerned with numbers than people.
A typical day in my field included working with Excel and Powerpoint in preparation for two or three meetings throughout the day, then managing aircraft part data on G081 for the rest of the day. I learned excellent time management, how to speak with higher officials about tasks in a way that underlined the importance of ensuring their timely execution, and how to be detail oriented. Small details, if not noticed, could end up grounding an aircraft, which is one of the least desirable things that can happen at an air base. The hardest part of the job was definitely in getting multiple offices and the flightline crew to work together when something did go wrong. Everyone has their own agenda at that point, and getting everyone to focus on the root of the problem and work our way up was often a challenge. This was made worse by the fact that each group is quite some distance away from one another, so communication can be tricky. Fortunately, my fellow airmen were supportive and we were all able to communicate clearly, so that we could split up tasks equally and get tasks accomplished quickly. That teamwork and fluidity may have been my favorite part of the job.
Best career choice i have ever made
Technical Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJJuly 15, 2015
I am currently happy because the Air force is a completely different culture and environment. There is a great amount of focus on personal improvement and assistance in achieving to the next level.
good place
Logistics analyst (Current Employee), mcguire afbJuly 14, 2015
Pros: benefits and travel
Cons: nothing
Great military organization to start your career and advancement in life. good place to start a family and get your educational benefits to prepare for the outside world.
military life
Integrated Instrument and Flight Controls (Current Employee), Seymour Johnson AFBJuly 14, 2015
if you enjoy the military and are able to join, you will enjoy this career. for my career i work on aircrafts and it is very enjoyable as well as rewarding.
Air Force Surgeon General Liaison Team
MEDICAL SUPERINTENDENT- CMSgt (Retired) (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Service to the US
Cons: None
Retired after 39 years of military service. Last assignment was working with the Air Force Surgeon General's office. This tour included travel to several medical treatment facilities from Montana to Arizona.
Great opportunity to serve country and be part of something bigger then myself.
Airman First Class I (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasJune 30, 2015
Everyday I learn something new about my job because I have only been in the Air Force for about 2 yrs, looking forward to traveling and learning more.
Not bad for starters
Intelligence Technician (Current Employee), Northern CaliforniaJune 25, 2015
Working in the Air Force is a great way to serve your country and learn some valuable skills. I would recommend that people have a back up plan...You may love the Air Force, but the Air Force might not love you.
Air Force
Firefighter/ driver operator (Current Employee), Homestead, AFBJune 17, 2015
This is an excellent opportunity to serve your country and learn valuable skills. You can keep your certifications current and enable you to be marketable to many different fire departments.
Professional working environment
Geospatial Analyst/Data Link Program Manager (Current Employee), Langley AFB, VAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits, experience
Cons: None.
The USAFR is very similar to working active duty Air Force but with a little more flexibility for the individual. Job satisfaction is high, as with active duty knowing that you are serving your country.
Great Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Travis AFBJune 4, 2015
Very flexible with your life and other work. Able to get your job done with minimal supervision. Great work environment.
Great staff to work with when I left
Financial Management Officer (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Meet a lot of people
Cons: Workers change often
Very busy work environment with customers needing information from various areas within the offices of financial management. Coworkers are professional and carry out their duties well. Having to switch gears constantly is difficult yet rewarding at the same time. Learning and working with different people and new people constantly is a unique part of the job. Also working in an environment with people you get along with makes the job easy to manage.
U.S. Military
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHMay 21, 2015
I have had many duties in the military i have done much plumbing and electrical. I enjoyed it very much and i loved it. I wish to find a company with the same family feeling as i experienced in the military.
Rewarding experience for a young airmen
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Charleston AFB, SCMay 18, 2015
The Air Force Reserves was a great experience for anyone wishing to learn a few things before entering college or while attending college. I have gained a great number of leadership skills through by working with my coworkers or accomplishing tasks of maintaining the aircraft such as replacing parts or fixing those parts. The weekends were great if you lived nearby but the hardest part was when you had to take a flight to your job site. I loved the air force and I hope to re-enlist soon.
Great opportunities.
Aerospace Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Overworked sometimes
This is a great opportunity to travel and do things you wouldn't typically do in the civilian world. You make great friends and memories while serving your country. Best part of the job is being apart of the mission and ensuring the aircraft are prepared for a successful flight.
Active Duty
MAINTENANCE SUPPLY LIAISON (Former Employee), March Air Reserve Base, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Steady pay
Cons: Commitment of employment
Great for those who share the Air Force Core Values, Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence in all we do. Opportunity to travel, health care coverage, training, and retirement.
excellent
Training /Volunteer (Current Employee), new jerseyMay 14, 2015
I am very happy with my experience as a reservist. I have been with my unit for approximately 4 years and plan to stay until retirement age.
Great Job
Network Defense Operator (Current Employee), Lackland AFB, TXMay 11, 2015
Training once a month and two weeks a year. Great leadership! Must stay in good physical condition. Coworkers are all pulling in the same direction.

1 2 3 4 5

Staff Sergeant
$43,200 per year

Air Force Reserve, Headquarters Photos

1st day of 9/11
Working together to grow food for the homeless
Graduating basic training with my brother Connor