Air Force Reserve, Headquarters

Air Force Reserve, Headquarters Employee Reviews

Not bad for starters
Intelligence Technician (Current Employee), Northern CaliforniaJune 25, 2015
Working in the Air Force is a great way to serve your country and learn some valuable skills. I would recommend that people have a back up plan...You may love the Air Force, but the Air Force might not love you.
Air Force
Firefighter/ driver operator (Current Employee), Homestead, AFBJune 17, 2015
This is an excellent opportunity to serve your country and learn valuable skills. You can keep your certifications current and enable you to be marketable to many different fire departments.
Professional working environment
Geospatial Analyst/Data Link Program Manager (Current Employee), Langley AFB, VAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits, experience
Cons: None.
The USAFR is very similar to working active duty Air Force but with a little more flexibility for the individual. Job satisfaction is high, as with active duty knowing that you are serving your country.
Great Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Travis AFBJune 4, 2015
Very flexible with your life and other work. Able to get your job done with minimal supervision. Great work environment.
Great staff to work with when I left
Financial Management Officer (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Meet a lot of people
Cons: Workers change often
Very busy work environment with customers needing information from various areas within the offices of financial management. Coworkers are professional and carry out their duties well. Having to switch gears constantly is difficult yet rewarding at the same time. Learning and working with different people and new people constantly is a unique part of the job. Also working in an environment with people you get along with makes the job easy to manage.
U.S. Military
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHMay 21, 2015
I have had many duties in the military i have done much plumbing and electrical. I enjoyed it very much and i loved it. I wish to find a company with the same family feeling as i experienced in the military.
Rewarding experience for a young airmen
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Charleston AFB, SCMay 18, 2015
The Air Force Reserves was a great experience for anyone wishing to learn a few things before entering college or while attending college. I have gained a great number of leadership skills through by working with my coworkers or accomplishing tasks of maintaining the aircraft such as replacing parts or fixing those parts. The weekends were great if you lived nearby but the hardest part was when you had to take a flight to your job site. I loved the air force and I hope to re-enlist soon.
Great opportunities.
Aerospace Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Overworked sometimes
This is a great opportunity to travel and do things you wouldn't typically do in the civilian world. You make great friends and memories while serving your country. Best part of the job is being apart of the mission and ensuring the aircraft are prepared for a successful flight.
Active Duty
MAINTENANCE SUPPLY LIAISON (Former Employee), March Air Reserve Base, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Steady pay
Cons: Commitment of employment
Great for those who share the Air Force Core Values, Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence in all we do. Opportunity to travel, health care coverage, training, and retirement.
excellent
Training /Volunteer (Current Employee), new jerseyMay 14, 2015
I am very happy with my experience as a reservist. I have been with my unit for approximately 4 years and plan to stay until retirement age.
Great Job
Network Defense Operator (Current Employee), Lackland AFB, TXMay 11, 2015
Training once a month and two weeks a year. Great leadership! Must stay in good physical condition. Coworkers are all pulling in the same direction.
Productive work place
Logistics Planner (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDApril 27, 2015
The Air Force Reserve is a wonderful place to work. The people care about you and your well being. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I'm being able to serve the country while also living a regular civilian life.
Just as any other workplace, the people make the job.
Flight Engineer Instructor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, ARApril 24, 2015
Most places and people that I have dealt with have been great. Unfortunately, the mission is changing and so are the people. The Reserve is moving towards a more Active Duty mindset.
Good workplace
Aircraft Electrical and Environmental Systems Tech (Current Employee), Patrick Afb, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, keeps you busy, great people
Cons: Needs more man power
The Air Force Reserve is a great employer. Aircraft Maintenance is a very busy career field in the Reserves, but is well worth it. Superiors are very willing to help train you on the proper ways to do things. While the job can be difficult and extremely busy, it is one of the most rewarding jobs you can find.
Great co workers and a fun and productive place to work
Aircraft Fuel Systems Specialist (Current Employee), March ARB Moreno Valley CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great people, free lunches and great teamwork.
Cons: Work can be very physical sometimes and deal with loud, heat, cold environment.
A typical day at work would be tools and equipment accountability. Computer based training and mission readiness have to be a priority. My co-workers are great people. We have fun while getting the job done on time.
The premier place to learn discipline and leadership skills
AIR FORCE RESERVE OFFICER TRAINING CORPS (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAApril 8, 2015
My two years in Air Force ROTC was a positive experience, despite the ups and downs that I experienced. The most important part of my time in ROTC was learning discipline that I definitely did not have coming out of high school. Paired with mandatory PT to keep me in shape and leadership skills that are taught in true military fashion, I took as much out of this experience as I could. Unfortunately I decided that the military path was not the way that I was meant to go and left after being granted my Enrollment Allocation, which would have allowed me to become an Officer in the United States Air Force.
Its Great
Air Trans (Materials Handler and MHE Operator) (Former Employee), Camp Springs, MDApril 7, 2015
The USAFR is an excellent place to work. Excellent opportunities for growth, fosters team work and team environment. Training is second to none and opportunities for growth are endless.
supervise and manage base amenities
Services Specialist (Current Employee), Homestead, FLApril 6, 2015
Manage, supervise, work and direct programs and operations in food services, lodging activities, recreation and sport programs.
Best Life Decision Ever
Airman 1st Class (Current Employee), Keesler AFB, MSApril 2, 2015
There are benefits and structure that would change your everyday life for the better. Not to mention that everyone respects you just for wearing the uniform. The military discount comes in handy, especially when looking for apartment homes. Best part is, THEY HELP PAY FOR SCHOOL!
awsome
Flight Paramedic C-130 and UH-60 (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 30, 2015
A normal day would be sCetting up the career. Co-workers would not help on certain days. You would think they would help you, but instead they won't help.

1 2 3 4 5

Staff Sergeant
$45,000 per year

Air Force Reserve, Headquarters Photos

1st day of 9/11
Working together to grow food for the homeless
Graduating basic training with my brother Connor