Air France

Air France Employee Reviews

Great culture and ample resources to expand your knowledge
Acting Lead (Operations Control / Ticket Desk) (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2015
Great work-life balance. The company offers training programs. Had a lot of room for advancement. I loved my co-workers and gained a great deal of knowledge working under them.
Great benefits
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: benefirs, all breaks are paid for, great benefits health, 401k dental vision
Cons: low pay for the responsibilities
A typical day at work as a rookie would be checking in passengers anywhere from the entire shift to standing for four hours long at the lobby greeting passengers or helping passengers with the kiosk checkin.

Working at Air France taught to how to interact with people from all around the world, they train you on how to interact with customers which I think taught me the core values of dealing with different situations, I've learn to deal with stressful situations from angry customers for a cancelled flight to oversold flights where people bought confirmed tickets but wait-listed on a flight (extremely stressful), be prepared to deal with that because it happens very often, multitasking and and quick thinking, verifying visas and validity of passports a must otherwise you will get FIRED if the company is fined!

There's a lot of politics as to how company operates and that's something you will have to see for yourself and adapt, managers will work with you when you have concerns, but rules are always changing so you will be learning at the same pace as management.

Hardest part of the job to me was dealing with the overselling of flights since it was out of the station control, unfortunately we are the frontline to the company so revenue management probably would never understand the extent to the hostility that arise from overselling flights. People will yell, curse, threaten you but you have to tell yourself that its only human to behave in a situation like this considering how expensive it is to fly and the start to every vacation or something important, but with time – more... it gets better because you tend to get numb about the situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the travel benefits of course. I mean you can pay 120 US for a flight to paris and you always do get the option to buy a confirm ticket as a staff for couple dollars more. Plus AF has alliance with sky team who allows you to travel with other carriers on standby but the network is awesome, Delta is sky team so just think about flying anywhere you want! – less
High stress job with constant situations to solve and four hundred people to help in a four hour period.
Airport Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 9, 2014
Pros: many benefits
Cons: not alot of room to grow.
It is a great place to work if you enjoy a lot of excitement. Never a dull moment.
Fun and intense summer job
Flight attendant, North and South America division (Former Employee), Charles de Gaulle AirportOctober 2, 2014
- Typical flight: Briefing, getting everything ready to welcome passengers (safety, security), service, resting time, service, landing.
- Learned how to handle pressure by enhancing team working.
- Management doesn't change so much you know what you have to do.
- Coworkers changing every time improving adaptability.
- Hard to handle jet lag and sleepless times.
- Awesome to travel and meet new people on every flights.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative / Sales Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great support in all aspect
Cons: af will stand by their regulated standards
One of the best airlines I ever worked for. A typical day at work was always uneventful but fun. I worked in a department that was just my manager (the best retired manager on earth) and myself. My department was a big part of AF in regards to revenue. Dealing with ethic travel trough consolidators. I had the proper training through AF to use their sales tools and they paid for training to fly me to Paris to get accustomed to the in house sales tools. Management was spot on. They was always there to help you and guide you. My co workers was the best. We was business by day and did at times socialise outside the company. The hardest part of my job as always was dealing with some disgruntled clients, but in the end you had to make them happy in some shape or form to continue to sell the AF product. The enjoyable part of my job was that I was treated as always with respect at work and that I grasp a lot of networking within the outside venue and within the airline industry.
Enjoyable Work Experience
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2014
My experience was short-lived due to it only being a temporary contract position, but I learned a lot about my capabilities in the customer service world and caught on pretty quickly with the requirements of the position as well as the atmosphere of the office. Management was always present and able to assist. Co-workers were always willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job might have been staying consistent with the market prices and offering rate quotes to clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a new field of profession and creating some life long connections.
Amazing
Customer Service Agent, Duties (Former Employee), seatacMarch 10, 2014
I loved this company too bad I got laid off. But great working environment and amazing coworkers and system.
a day at work
hostess Vip Lounge (Former Employee), DEJanuary 14, 2014
taking care of business and first class passengers.
learned a lot regarding for example the different ways of acting and gestual language according nationalities.
met a lot of interesting people ,funny or famous but always nice...
Breakfast included
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), NYJuly 18, 2013
Scheduled very demanding with quite no flexibility. Very tiring as less personel to do as much work.
A great company rewarding employees for quality service.
Web Support/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 4, 2013
Pros: christmas parties- free trips from other airlines
Cons: health insurance
One BIG happy family, great place to work. The hardest part of this job was not being able to accommodate passengers when there is irregular operations, and the most enjoyable period is always finding time time to celebrate birthdays potlucks etc,.
Custumer Service oriented
Ticketing Agent (Former Employee), Domonican RepublicFebruary 2, 2013
Very well structure, not only on upper management, but also with co-workers
the job atmosphere was friendly
Private tutoring / Language tutor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: pizza days
Cons: cigna healthcare coverage
The most enjoyable part of the job is be able to assist clients over the phone. I was speaking in three different languages : english, french & arabic. I was able to solve some customers who very frustrated in a very enjoyable and amicable way.
Fun work place,with lost of benefits
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Saint Marteen,Juliana Internation AirportSeptember 15, 2012
My first real job,I learned most of my customer service skills through on going training, to be the perfectionist that I am today.The most enjoyable part of my job was that could fly anywhere for free.
A great company to work and grown professionaly due to bad economy the operations for the Air France group Department moved to DELTA AIRLINES.
Group Sales Lead Negotiator (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 16, 2012
Pros: excellent health insurance, profit sharing 401k, flight benefits, vacations and holidays benefits

About Air France

Air France and KLM represent years of French and Dutch airline tradition, but Air France-KLM represents a first: a holding company – Read more

Air France Salaries