Air France Employee Reviews

export import knowledge
Operation Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  egyptOctober 6, 2017
Check import/export documentation to determine cargo contents, and classify goods into different fee or tariff groups, using a tariff coding system, Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage,Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, and regulations affecting shipments.
So far it has been great working here
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  John F. Kennedy Airport, NYJuly 25, 2017
Day to day activities will normally be fast and sometimes overwhelming. The people I work with fortunately make the job much better. Sometimes administrative parts of the company can be disorganized. You will get important info at the last minute. Otherwise the benefits are good.
Pros
Co workers, Fast days, first year vacation
Cons
Management, Disorganization
not very interesting career
Travel Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tunis, ARJuly 22, 2017
I am not very satisfied within my current job because of the very poor salary, the lack of evolution , the absence of advantages and of motivation.
in addition to all that, the conditions are very bad: very short break for the lunch, imposed holidays...
Pros
reduced fare tickets
Cons
short breaks and imposed holidays
una gran y hermosa familia
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  aeropuerto EZE,, Buenos AiresJune 23, 2017
una felicidad trabajar en un mercado tan excitante y a pesar que los numero de vuelos eran los mismos no eran rutina.
Pros
muy buen ambiente y trabajo muy profesional.
Cons
los altibajos en las temperaturas.
good employer
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
with nice benefits (medical, 401K and flight benefits)
not a lot of career opportunities
culture is good, and teammates are nice
training are numerous
Fun environment
Check in agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2017
Nice work environment with lots of friendly people to work with. In the winter time they only have one flight so you will only work a few hours a day. In the summer they have to fights so it's much better to work in the summer.
great place to work
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 10, 2016
cares about employees, great work life balance and top level management always communicates well with employees. Great benefits. I loved interacting with customers.
Pros
paid vacations and flight benefits
Cons
work holidays and weekends
fast paced, great benefits and secure work environment
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2016
very rewarding, career advancement if you work hard, team work, exceptional management, fun and diverse work place with family atmosphere. Pros flight benefits. You learn something new everyday about yourself and your job.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
work holidays and weekends
where to start
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 8, 2016
the company is striving from what Insaw when i use to work there... high turn over, pay is not enough for wht youbhave to do, overselling of flight happens alot even the business cabins and passenger service agent have to take the bite for it from the angry passengers, online the health care is descent
Pros
coworkers, healthcare
Cons
poor management, unfair promotion methods, snippy passengers
small place with no career
Budget Manager North America (NAM) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2016
good for flight benefices but it is less and less ;
stressful place because of layoff and outsourcing
no possibility to advance a career, place too small controlled by unions in France and Holland
Pros
laid back place ; little work
Cons
staff reduction
Great Place to Work
HR Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2016
Transparency in Management
Amazing Benefits!
Encourages work-life balance
Overall great company to work for
Coworkers were Supportive
Travel benefits
Excellent enviroment
Passenger services Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 5, 2016
All Holidays paid doble time and a half.
Free lunch every end of the month when employee passed quality control.
Twelve sick days paid every year and 3 personal days
One mont Vacation paid per year
Health Insurance paid in full
That is the reason they finished contract with all AF employees
Too Many benefits and they want to save Money.
Now Air France is handled by Swissport,no benefits at all.
Great experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2016
Great work experience over all, professional work environment.
I great opportunity to work with people from different backgrounds.
Great Company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2016
Excellent healthcare benefits
Very supportive management
Excellent coworkers
Company provided good life-wprk balance
Great place to work, hard to build a career.
Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2015
The job itself is good. Managenent, and other supervision is horrible. No support, and constant ridicule. The job is fun, but no career opportunities. You have to really know someone in order to move up, or else you will be stuck there for a few years, at the same position.
Pros
Great job challenges. Able to obtain a lot of knowledge.
Cons
Horrible management. No opportunity to advance in positions, only knowledge.
An awesome workplace to learn from the airline and its partners
Airport customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)October 12, 2015
I ow my own customer service skills to Air France.
The Air France quality of service and professionalism is recognized all around the world and the management helps you to reach your goals the best way.
Teams are supportive and friendly.
Great place to work!
Operations Agent /Check-In Agent (Former Employee) –  JFK AirportOctober 5, 2015
I've worked for Air France from 2009-2010. I was a check-in agent and I was promoted to Operations Agent in one year. I left the job because I found a higher paying job somewhere else, but to be honest I would have left the job because me and my manager didn't get along so well. BUT! I loved working there. I truly did. Yes the pay is not great, but the management is wonderful. There is a strong culture of teamwork and friendship and professionalism. We had daily meetings where managers would answer any questions and debrief us. The customers are not always first!, management would stick up for employees depending on the situtation. The work itself is hectic at times and we may be working 12-15 hours some days due to flight cancellations, etc (they do let you work overtime), but think of working there like this: It's like working a job in your favorite classroom. Where the teacher (management) allows you to do your work, and your friends (coworkers) do your work with you. I highly recommend working here and I wish the Air France company and its employees, and my former coworkers, all the best. Oh! the flight benefits is pretty good. you fly confirmed with air france for a big discount and you can fly standby at air france or certain airlines for an even bigger discount.
Pros
Culture, management, professionalism, overtime, flight benefits
Cons
unruly customers, pay not great
A normal work environment but nothing too exciting about it.
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Humble TXSeptember 9, 2015
A typical day at work is constantly interacting with customers who come in to either import/export a shipment. I handle all the paper work from the customer in order for them to pick up or drop off any freight to or from the warehouse. In this job, I learned how to communicate well with customers on the phone via in person, insert data into the computer, deal with all paper work in a timely manner, and I've learned how to multi-task. Management could be a lot better if they were more organized on how to run the company. The hardest part of the job would probably be of dealing with a lot of duties all at one time especially on a very busy day while dealing with customers every minute. The most enjoyable part of this job would be the office type of environment and bonding with coworkers.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
not enough benefits
Great Place to work
HR Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Cares about employees
Good Communication from top level Management
Good Work Life Balance
Invests in employees growth & development
Cute uniforms but unorganized management
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 25, 2015
When I first started I was asked to work there as a temporary job for a pregnant lady on leave but I could tell since another corporation had just bought airfrance/klm it was a mess with the management because they had people who obviously didn't know how to do their job. Other than that my coworkers were friendly and my boss tried their best to make everyone happy and loved others input on making the company better and policies to help the passengers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air France. Our community is ready to answer.