Air France Employee Reviews

fast paced, great benefits and secure work environment
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2016
very rewarding, career advancement if you work hard, team work, exceptional management, fun and diverse work place with family atmosphere. Pros flight benefits. You learn something new everyday about yourself and your job.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
work holidays and weekends
great place to work
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 10, 2016
cares about employees, great work life balance and top level management always communicates well with employees. Great benefits. I loved interacting with customers.
Pros
paid vacations and flight benefits
Cons
work holidays and weekends
where to start
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 8, 2016
the company is striving from what Insaw when i use to work there... high turn over, pay is not enough for wht youbhave to do, overselling of flight happens alot even the business cabins and passenger service agent have to take the bite for it from the angry passengers, online the health care is descent
Pros
coworkers, healthcare
Cons
poor management, unfair promotion methods, snippy passengers
Great Place to Work
HR Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2016
Transparency in Management
Amazing Benefits!
Encourages work-life balance
Overall great company to work for
Coworkers were Supportive
Travel benefits
small place with no career
Budget Manager North America (NAM) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2016
good for flight benefices but it is less and less ;
stressful place because of layoff and outsourcing
no possibility to advance a career, place too small controlled by unions in France and Holland
Pros
laid back place ; little work
Cons
staff reduction
Great Company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2016
Excellent healthcare benefits
Very supportive management
Excellent coworkers
Company provided good life-wprk balance
Excellent enviroment
Passenger services Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 5, 2016
All Holidays paid doble time and a half.
Free lunch every end of the month when employee passed quality control.
Twelve sick days paid every year and 3 personal days
One mont Vacation paid per year
Health Insurance paid in full
That is the reason they finished contract with all AF employees
Too Many benefits and they want to save Money.
Now Air France is handled by Swissport,no benefits at all.
constantly changing environment
Passenger Service Manager (Former Employee) –  jfkFebruary 18, 2013
Every day is a different scenario. You meet people from all ethnicities and cultures. The hardest part of the job are the hours during the delays due to circumstances that cannot be controlled e.g.weather. The most enjoyable are the people and challenge of solving problems on the spot. There are extremely stressful situations caused by the lack of being able to satisfy a customer's needs. A difficult part of this job was the divergence between the French and American approach to work. The management which was expatriot in origin was in constant flux and thus a fluid continuos way of working was not achievable since they changed every four years. Flexibility as well as adaptability are necessary in order to be successful in this environment. Working as a team is a must so coworkers must be available to step in to help members of the team at all times. Long hours , hard physical work as well as being able to manage stress on a daily basis are the basic core requirements for this company.
Pros
medical, dental and 401k
Cons
long hours and low pay
A normal work environment but nothing too exciting about it.
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Humble TXSeptember 9, 2015
A typical day at work is constantly interacting with customers who come in to either import/export a shipment. I handle all the paper work from the customer in order for them to pick up or drop off any freight to or from the warehouse. In this job, I learned how to communicate well with customers on the phone via in person, insert data into the computer, deal with all paper work in a timely manner, and I've learned how to multi-task. Management could be a lot better if they were more organized on how to run the company. The hardest part of the job would probably be of dealing with a lot of duties all at one time especially on a very busy day while dealing with customers every minute. The most enjoyable part of this job would be the office type of environment and bonding with coworkers.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
not enough benefits
Very productive fast paced environment
Checking Lead/ Gate Lead / Arrival Lead (Current Employee) –  jfk internation airport terminal oneFebruary 6, 2014
My job consists of checking in passengers all day , and dealing with delays due to the terrible winter weather here in NY . Management is very flexible and My co-workers are the best part of the job they are all very talented and hard working . My hardest part of the job is telling passengers that their flights has been cancelled or telling them that they are on standby due to overselling of their flights . The Most enjoyable part of the job is quite days and my fun co-workers .
Pros
free lunch break, health care and flight benefits
Cons
long hours, rotating shifts, and no set days off or set schedule
Great place to work!
Operations Agent /Check-In Agent (Former Employee) –  JFK AirportOctober 5, 2015
I've worked for Air France from 2009-2010. I was a check-in agent and I was promoted to Operations Agent in one year. I left the job because I found a higher paying job somewhere else, but to be honest I would have left the job because me and my manager didn't get along so well. BUT! I loved working there. I truly did. Yes the pay is not great, but the management is wonderful. There is a strong culture of teamwork and friendship and professionalism. We had daily meetings where managers would answer any questions and debrief us. The customers are not always first!, management would stick up for employees depending on the situtation. The work itself is hectic at times and we may be working 12-15 hours some days due to flight cancellations, etc (they do let you work overtime), but think of working there like this: It's like working a job in your favorite classroom. Where the teacher (management) allows you to do your work, and your friends (coworkers) do your work with you. I highly recommend working here and I wish the Air France company and its employees, and my former coworkers, all the best. Oh! the flight benefits is pretty good. you fly confirmed with air france for a big discount and you can fly standby at air france or certain airlines for an even bigger discount.
Pros
Culture, management, professionalism, overtime, flight benefits
Cons
unruly customers, pay not great
Great place to work, hard to build a career.
Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2015
The job itself is good. Managenent, and other supervision is horrible. No support, and constant ridicule. The job is fun, but no career opportunities. You have to really know someone in order to move up, or else you will be stuck there for a few years, at the same position.
Pros
Great job challenges. Able to obtain a lot of knowledge.
Cons
Horrible management. No opportunity to advance in positions, only knowledge.
Great Place to work
HR Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Cares about employees
Good Communication from top level Management
Good Work Life Balance
Invests in employees growth & development
Cute uniforms but unorganized management
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 25, 2015
When I first started I was asked to work there as a temporary job for a pregnant lady on leave but I could tell since another corporation had just bought airfrance/klm it was a mess with the management because they had people who obviously didn't know how to do their job. Other than that my coworkers were friendly and my boss tried their best to make everyone happy and loved others input on making the company better and policies to help the passengers.
Multi-tasking job in a challenging environment where everyday is different
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 1, 2014
- 3 to 4 flights within 6 hours that have to leave on time
- Be ready to any changes which occurs frequently in an airport: weather, delays, cancellation,... I learnt how to think fast, making sure that passengers know what is going on (without any information, they lose calm)
- I was the link between the checking counter and the boarding, without me finishing on time, the boarding team couldn't start, which was challenging, interesting and exciting to deal with everyday.
- When at work, you cannot plan the time you'll be leaving, as anything can happen and you might have to stay later than what the schedule says.
- The enjoyable part is that everyday is different which makes the job entertaining
Pros
healthcare, flight benefits, paid breaks
Cons
low hourly rate
French cultural company
China Financial Team Leader (Former Employee) –  CHINAMarch 21, 2013
Air France-KLM is a French-Dutch airline holding company. It is the largest airline company in the world in terms of total operating revenues. Air France KLM China is the head quarter managing 3 offices in China.
• Providing accounting technical expertise and guidance in AP,AR,GL booking
• Supervising monthly accounting closing
• Undertaking company's ERP project
• Maintaining and updating SOX documents
• Auditing internal control cash management compliance in Air France offices in China
Achievements include: Supervised technically financial team and trained new team members. Selected Air France KLM bank partner in Greater China. Automated AR, GL booking with SAP system. Maintained and monitored cash management to meet SOX compliance cross China offices.
Great benefits
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work as a rookie would be checking in passengers anywhere from the entire shift to standing for four hours long at the lobby greeting passengers or helping passengers with the kiosk checkin.

Working at Air France taught to how to interact with people from all around the world, they train you on how to interact with customers which I think taught me the core values of dealing with different situations, I've learn to deal with stressful situations from angry customers for a cancelled flight to oversold flights where people bought confirmed tickets but wait-listed on a flight (extremely stressful), be prepared to deal with that because it happens very often, multitasking and and quick thinking, verifying visas and validity of passports a must otherwise you will get FIRED if the company is fined!

There's a lot of politics as to how company operates and that's something you will have to see for yourself and adapt, managers will work with you when you have concerns, but rules are always changing so you will be learning at the same pace as management.

Hardest part of the job to me was dealing with the overselling of flights since it was out of the station control, unfortunately we are the frontline to the company so revenue management probably would never understand the extent to the hostility that arise from overselling flights. People will yell, curse, threaten you but you have to tell yourself that its only human to behave in a situation like this considering how expensive it is to fly and the start to every vacation or something important, but with time
  more... it gets better because you tend to get numb about the situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the travel benefits of course. I mean you can pay 120 US for a flight to paris and you always do get the option to buy a confirm ticket as a staff for couple dollars more. Plus AF has alliance with sky team who allows you to travel with other carriers on standby but the network is awesome, Delta is sky team so just think about flying anywhere you want!
Pros
benefirs, all breaks are paid for, great benefits health, 401k dental vision
Cons
low pay for the responsibilities
Great company, great benefits, great people, can be hard interactions.
Passenger service agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2012
Company with great benefits but sadly not enough hours to make a living with this only job. It is ranked among the top Airline Companies and is always striving to give the best customer service possible. The company treats it's employees well.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are the interactions with customers. The worst part of the job are also the interactions with customers, which can quickly turn into almost harassment. People forget that the agents at the counters have no control over company policies. That is sometimes hard to deal with. Even with that, it is a rewarding job when you can make someone happy.
Pros
great benefits, great coworkers, a company that has high standards.
Cons
not enough hours.
Great experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2016
Great work experience over all, professional work environment.
I great opportunity to work with people from different backgrounds.
Enjoyable Work Experience
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2014
My experience was short-lived due to it only being a temporary contract position, but I learned a lot about my capabilities in the customer service world and caught on pretty quickly with the requirements of the position as well as the atmosphere of the office. Management was always present and able to assist. Co-workers were always willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job might have been staying consistent with the market prices and offering rate quotes to clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a new field of profession and creating some life long connections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air France. Our community is ready to answer.