Air Liquide

Air Liquide United States Employee Reviews

Great benefits and work life balance.
FIELD SOURCING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Freeport, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management communication is a one-way street.
I was always proud to work for this company. Advancement opportunities were always available. The work day could be stressful but gratifying.
Changing for the Better
Senior Category Specialists (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Many of the processes at Air Liquide are in the process of being updated, so the work environment is a little hectic but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The improvements should make a considerable difference over the next year or so.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Specialist (Current Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Overall, Air Liquide is a good place to work with advancement opportunities possible. Salaries are competitive. If you're mobile and willing to relocate, then there are many opportunities.
Air Liquide is a stable with growth step by step
Project Procurement Manager (Former Employee), Hangzhou, ChinaJanuary 22, 2015
I like the diversity and dynamic culture of Air Liquide, we worked on projects internationally, with cooperation from different continents/countries/ cultures, we built our plants world wide distributed. I worked in Air Liquide Engineering, with 3 different departments/functions. Air Liquide itself is a good university, you learn from, you serve the company.
Fragmented and Bureaucratic
HSES Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: stable and profitable
Cons: too bureaucratic, too slow, too many contractors, too little drive.
Well established company with a long history of making money.
However, it's difficult to get anything done quickly or efficiently due to the fragmentation of all the support functions (IT, Communications, HR, Accts Payable, etc.) and the widespread use of outside contractors to perform much of that work. I find it very difficult to know who to contact about a variety of problems (e.g., computer has locked up, will my phone work overseas next week, why hasn't my exp report been paid for a month, how do I complete my mandatory training, etc.). Even when I do get a name or number, the person identified never answers the phone or respond to emails. I'm not exaggerating - NEVER on the first try, I usually end up walking around to colleagues and getting multiple suggestions about who, based on personal experience, may be able to help. Quite frustrating and time consuming.

This attitude seems to also prevail in the general management attitude of the company which can be summarized as - "let's talk about it next week". Even if you have an urgent need to get an answer now, it's put off until a more convenient time in the future. I've had multiple requests that just never seem to get an answer, many work products sent out for review/comment that go ignored, and meetings where people commit to attend but don't. And the consequences for this lack of accountability? None. This lack of follow-through, coupled with having so much difficulty getting the little (but important) things taken care of breeds an attitude of going slower and slower and putting things off until "next week". Not the right frame of mind for someone used to being productive.
Very well payed
Driver (Former Employee), Geismar, LADecember 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: time after work
This is a good place to work for if you can deal with over the top safety.
Super clean
Samsung Austin Semiconductor Contractor (Former Employee), austin, texasOctober 28, 2014
It was clean and fully protective environment. Working in clean-room environment was not ideal for my situation but I think it is good.
another great place to work
TCGM Tech 2 (Former Employee), Malta, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: always get long breaks and down to earth co-workers
Cons: its a lot to take on but you learn new things every day
every day is is the same, make sure all gas and chemical supplying the FAB is up to par and order anything at a low level. team work is a must sence you work with hundreds of new people and construction workers. overall it is a great place to work but a lot of jobs are dangerous and can get you hurt if you don't pay attention to detail.
Excellent management and co-worker
I and E Drafter (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Performed drafting duties in the I & E department.Great work environment with support from management.
poor people management
Compliance (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2014
interesting work, could be so much better if weren't so poor with people management, feel so much better since leaving
Productive and fun place to work for
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), North Branch, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: people that you work with
Great company to work for challenges you every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the management team to excel with meeting customer demands.
Fun place to work
Cylinder filler (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: no medical
Great place to work. Unfortunately the company has closed.
Great Global Company, with lack of technology
Contractor, Associate Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great people, and globalization
Cons: alot of work, disrection
This is a great global company with great people.It lacks direction as far as the workload of management vs staff employees. Also a huge backlog of technical problems that makes work inefficient.
Good company
First Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 5, 2014
I enjoy working for this company But my wife wants to be back in Washington state to be around family.
Good benefits, nice people.
Service Center Mail Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free luncheons, lots of training.
Air Liquide is a large company with a lot of diversity. Specialty gas industry is not what it use to be, therefore many areas and departments are undergoing restructuring.
productie
Truck Driver/Leadman (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
its an honest living.its hard in summer time.pay is good but the company has way to many rules not pertaning to fda and dot.
family oriented atmosphere
Production Planner (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 2, 2014
The plant was closed down , however it was a nice place to work
was able to get free sodas
CYLINDER DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 6, 2014
good company to work for with great benefits and good equipment
Operator Filler
Operator Filler (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 2, 2014
• Fill cylinders and trailers with helium, air, argon, carbon dioxide and nitrogen.
• Use forklift to load and unload pallets of cylinders onto trucks for delivery.
• Keep daily maintenance on cylinders for clients.
• Ship and receive cylinders and trailers.
Small but innovative place
Marketing assistant (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMMarch 19, 2014
The place where I worked was special because really new and tiny. but everybody was led by the same project to make it growing up

1 2 3

About Air Liquide

Air Liquide – present in 80 countries with more than 50,000 employees – is the world leader in gases technology and – Read more

Air Liquide Salaries