Air Liquide Employee Reviews

2nd favorite job I ever had, in my life!
network administrator, field-IT support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2015
My favorite job I ever had was serving my country in the USN! The company was a very close second.

My job title changed frequently but the job remained the same. Technical support, Field IT. I loved working my territory and resolving customer technical issues. A great bunch of people to work with. My manager was outstanding. He was a true leader of our technical team. He was confident, competent, fair, dependable, constant, a real honor to work with. I only left when the contract was about to end.

This company cared about its employees. After IKE, they helped their employees deal with the aftermath. Some, like me, were honored to be called on to help right after this devastating hurricane.

Great job, great employees, great management, a real honor to work with them for over 9 years.
Pros
Management, flexibility, benefits, pay, well rounded company that truly cared about its employees. It was my honor to work at this company.
Cons
Though I worked for the company for over 9 years, outsourcing the IT dept was difficult. Though I was one of the few that survived the outsourcing, it brought fear into the picture.
I received C rating
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2016
I maintain chemical and gas units at texas instruments in dallas texas as a contractor for 15 years worked shift,ordered chemical and gases as needed, hazmat trained.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
better pay raises
Great company to work for...
Process Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2016
Air Liquide is a very nice company to work for. They believe in investing in their employees and have a structured career growth plan for most, if not all employees. Work-life balance is good and for most part of time the upper management is genuinely interested in listening to what the employees have to say.
Pros
Brand new building in Houston
n/a
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2016
get week schedule
main job formulating etchans for the week
other responsibility filling nh40h mcvs
great great co-workers
great supervisor great manager
hardest part safety since we deal with chemicals
most enjoyable flexible shift
Pros
good benefits flexible hrs safety always 1st great manager exellent bebefits
Cons
Would not recommend, poor work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 24, 2015
Job is interesting, benefits are good, 8-5 position. Negative environment/shared work space in very small room. Large company in France, but extremely small in Longmont (under 10 people in office in Longmont), would not recommend this position at all. Nothing fun about working with negative people.
Pros
Good benefits and decent pay
Cons
Very poor work environment and co-workers negative
Wait a little longer i promise something better will come your way
Process operator (Current Employee) –  Houston txAugust 26, 2015
Over all- it honestly does suck. I'm a current operator.

Safety is very poor= ex.. We actually dont have a safety personnel oh wait we do oh never mind not anymore. Only when they have to have a safety person they elect a person.

Pay= thats a joke. Worse paying company ever. They have a staff if operators thats going to retire soon and decide to pay new operators $20. Yes you are an operator closing valves shutting units down the whole 9 yards. If you are a family man well 20$ isnt going to cut it.
Raises= well they believe in a no cap system. Well its a way to say they will give you 40 cents per year or less. I got lucky to get 50 cents this year.
Management is extremely poor. They are puppets.
Upside.. If you are a young person with no responsibilities and you couldn't find a job this is a good start.
Just about every new operator has left within 2 years. I plan on doing the same starting today.

Yes, im smart and a very good operator.
Pros
Not sure if there really is one
Cons
Just about everything that matters.
Pathetic management and no work/life balance
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Texas Gulf CoastAugust 28, 2016
Was a production tech for 8 years before I finally had enough. There is zero work/life balance. As management sees it, they own you. They run bare bones personnel. Averaged 1300 overtime hours per year the last 4 years. Pay was severally behind the rest of the industry. Benefits became fewer and fewer each year. Maintenance was non-existent. Equipment was always going down. Numerous 36 hr. straight shifts getting the plant back up and running. Thankful everyday I was able to get away from there and find a great job.
Pros
Laid back on nights and weekends.
Cons
Too many cheifs and not enough Indians. Poor pay and benefits. Extremely long hours
Productive work place dealing with customer accounts
Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 28, 2016
A typical day at work is fairly simple, calling/emailing customers and helping them with their accounts. I learned how to use different systems on a computer and learned more on how to use a computer and using office. The management is very fair and helpful. My co-workers are delightful people to work with and keep to themselves. The hardest part about my job is to just focus on one thing rather than multiple. The most enjoyable part about my job is that I finish things before my deadline and like to take on new projects when possible.
Pros
Free lunches when working harder than normal
Cons
Slightly unorganized
Not a good experience
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2016
AL is a good company as a whole, however I had a negative experience mostly due to my direct supervisor and upper management. I received very little training and no support from my direct supervisor. He was oftentimes a hinderence to meeting deadlines. Even though upper management say they have an open door policy, this is far from the truth. His open door is open only to his small group of friends. He didn't want to hear anything I had to say.
Pros
Professional corporate culture, pay
Cons
Management does not listen to subordinates and is not transparent, not organized, no support from direct supervisor, Management too chummy with subordinates, no training
I'm learning to swim, I like bowling and gardening in my backe and front yard.
Contract / Temp (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work is opening up my boss calendar and letting him or she know what they are suppose to do on that day.

I've also learned that showing up to work early is a must, because there always someone that has left something on my desk after I've left for home. And of course they want it the next morning ASAP the next day.

Management is a challenging sometimes, I have to take over and use my own judgement when my boss isn't around and to scheduling his meeting by having access to his calendar.

I've always been a teem play with my co-workers, If they ask for help I will assist, if I see them struggling to accomplish a project, I will just step in and help.

The hardest part is seeing some of my friends getting laid off and I can't tell them before, because of my position with my job.

The enjoyable part is I see people getting ready to go on vacation and they are excited to get away from the job.
Also I enjoy knowing when I know I've represented my company well.
Pros
Love working hard
Cons
Long boring days
Very safety conscious workplace, but still able to have a good time.
Production Technician/ CO2 Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CAMarch 24, 2016
I spend a lot of alone and quiet time at work which is nice sometimes.Typical day at work usually includes walking around the process plant and taking readings, making sure all pressures and temps are around correct areas. We have monitors in our control room where we spend most of our time where we can view and make changes to the process if needed. Occasionally we fill railcars with CO2 to ship out.
Pros
Medical, Pay, Career
Cons
Schedule is rough, Expensive area to live
Don't walk. Run away from this Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2016
The day They hire you is the day They begin to Fire you. Driver pay is UNcertain. Air Liquide purchased AirGas. Everything will change. Except Safety Choking the ever loving life out of you. Driver is the the catch all for everyone else not doing their own job. 14 hour days are common. Then your asked to work extra. Life? What Life? Only Management is allowed a life.
Pros
Equipment well maintained.
Cons
No work life balance. Benefits. Ever changing.
Dynamic work enviornment with heavy focus on corporate office
Gulf Coast Pipeline Zone Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 21, 2016
With such a large company it is hard to maintain the culture that is taught at corporate throughout the country. Every office has different views on management, work/life balance, culture, etc.
Pros
Lots of internal job opportunities, great employees, great internal networks
Cons
bad benefits, clique-ish groups at corporate, too much management
Nice
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 4, 2016
Nice company and easy going coworkers. Fast paced and heavy workload. Enjoyed customers and helping everyone out. I learned different to track orders. Also learned the different natural gases supplied by Air Liquide. Hardest part was learning the different sizes of containers. The enjoyable part was learning new things.
Pros
flexible
Cons
temporary
Growing company full of great people
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJuly 14, 2016
The job can get rough, having to wear forced air to prevent inhaling potentially toxic gasses, but the camaraderie experienced amongst the other staff is superb. You look forward to your next work day.
Assitant Facility Manager
ASSISTANT INDUSTRIAL GAS COMPLEX FACILITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 20, 2016
Managed an Industrial Gas Manufacturing Complex whose main emphasis was in supporting NASA, Hospital medical gases, electronic industry specialty gases and high pressure pipeline supply to Pratt & Whitney R&D flight line.
Pros
This was a great growth opportunity to learn every aspect of the Industrial Gas Industry.
Cylinder Preparation (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 30, 2016
Overall, not a bad place to work.
People worked together well.
Upbeat atmosphere.
No room for advancement at this location.
Relaxed but safe work environment.
Pros
Bonus program.
Cons
No room for advancement at this location.
Excellent place to work
Electrical Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJune 5, 2016
If you think building things is fun and need a temp job, the Air Liquide in Chanhassen is a great place to work. Staff is easy going. The only drawback is that there is pretty fierce competition to become a full time employee.
Air Liquide
Tanker/ Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 28, 2016
If you dare , Air Liquide's management has run there company in the ground the constant waist that has gone on for years has led to management turnover .
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Air Liquide
Perfect until AirGas purchase
Gravimetric Blender (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 7, 2016
The AirGas purchase closed many Air Liquide plants. North America is now being run by Airgas. Company will not be anything like it was.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Plant Closure