Air Methods Corporation Employee Reviews

on call with 4 days a month off
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FlNovember 2, 2017
Provided training only when training was needed. Minimum days off. You were expected to work long days and into the night to get aircraft back in service. You are on call 24 hours a day, but only reqired to be at the base when performing maintenance.
Stressful
INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 26, 2017
very poor management; free for all
company was recently sold and maybe that will help make some changes but highly doubtful. No willingness to make changes for the better; old school mentality
One bad apple ruins the whole bunch-REMOVE THE BAD APPLE
Collections (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 15, 2017
It is a great company to work for but there is clear favoritism in some departments, employee's who have been there longer tend to bully and belittle people if they don't like them. You feel like you're working in High School, the way some people act. Instead of fostering new relationships, groups are formed to bully people they don't like, its unfortunate management does nothing about it, it seems they are scared for some reason, or just don't want to deal with the problem.It would a a great company to work for if a handful of people changed departments or no longer worked there.
Industry leader, but it's not Google
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2017
The company provides a great service and everyone working there is united in doing the best they can to support the operations (to a point), but there is absolutely zero camaraderie at corporate, even within departments. The culture is very back-stabbing and every manager is only concerned about his/her department. Intra-department relationships are of a hostile nature. My manager has run off several really good quality people. It definitely is not an enjoyable or fun place to work at corporate headquarters.
Pros
Job satisfaction of making a difference
Cons
Bad culture
Good company
At Corporate Headquarters (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 9, 2017
Air Methods is a fine company to work for. It isn't the most amazing place, but it isn't bad either. I work with nice people who care about the work they do. I would say that the culture varies by department, but I feel management can be difficult to work with at times, and resistant to change/improvement.
Admin.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLOctober 9, 2017
The hours were long and never ending, had no time for family life. I Loved the people I worked with and for and truly enjoyed what I did. Benefits and PTO were outstanding and the staff members were some of the best I have ever worked with!
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Long hours every day of the week most times.
poor mangement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 4, 2017
poor management, lack of decision making and problem resolution. Staff were bullied for production and never had job security. Some management had friends and allowed poor work from those staff
Great fast paced work environment/ Bad local leadership
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2017
I enjoyed the work and the fact that I was in charge of the maintenance at my base. The problem is that the current leadership has set up a maintenance culture that pits the pilots against the maintenance.
if you know your job and do it well you'll be fine
LEAD (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 2, 2017
The office like anywhere else can be either delightful or awful it is really what you make it. come in do your job the best of your ability and you should have now problem.
Would have been a great job, had excellent co-workers
Flight Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, KYSeptember 19, 2017
Management profile is horrible, people are treated like machines with no rest for the weary. Business is so competitive that you will always take any flight at any time or suffer the consequences.
Pros
Great training, great crews to fly with
Cons
management model in the dark ages.
do not wish to review
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 9, 2017
My average work day was 15 hours a day... This would be a great company if upper management really took time to value their employees and the hard work that they do. At the same time I've appreciated being given the opportunity to make a difference for my own employees.
Na
DOT Anti-Drug and Alcohol Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 7, 2017
Air Methods is in the business to save lives at every moment of every day, with over 300 bases of operations serving 48 states. In rural communities, that kind of reach of care is crucial. Emergency air medical transport and treatment is often the only access to lifesaving emergency care they have. However the company is highly profit orientated and often over looks its own belief and mission statement to make a profit.
Pros
Life saving
Cons
Profit orientated
Company Does Great Work for Those In Need
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 1, 2017
While the service this company provides is magnificent, there is a lot of dysfunction among the leadership, and it starts with the CEO. Unfortunately, while there are lot of great people working for the company, there are many internal struggles based upon the fact that not enough money has been dedicated to updating systems. In the corporate office, accounting and finance work with multiple software systems carried over from acquisitions. The IT department is under staffed and under funded, and yet management continues to purchase companies.

But out in the field, at the multiple bases and training facilities and maintenance workshops, the dedicated people of Air Methods do a great work.
Pros
Air medical transport in 48 states; dedicated pilots, mechanics and clinicians doing their best under all circumstances.
Cons
Too much to do and not enough people to do it in the corporate office.
Critical Care in the Air
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 26, 2017
Field all incoming calls of requests of helicopters, fixed wings, critical care ground units; general company information and make notifications to sending and receiving facilities of asset departure and arrival.
Great company to gain experience, unfortunately lacks management cooperation
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 24, 2017
I worked for Air methods just shy of two years.I learned a lot in my roll but unfortunately my questions and concerns were placed on hold due to lack of management cooperation. The environment was sometimes hostile, mostly due to petty drama. Management constantly failed to stop the gossip and harassment, employees only got a slap on the wrist due to favoritism. There is tremendous talent, but again employees are overlooked due to favoritism. The most enjoyable part was helping patients and the monthly office activities, participation. The toughest part was there is not a lot of room to grow, you either have to be a "favorite" in order to move up which is unfortunate because there are really smart and hard working employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits, department pot lucks, monthly activities, over time incentives
Cons
Petty drama, lack of management authority
Classic Corporation
EMS Pilot (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 24, 2017
Get everything up front and in writing before accepting employment.

Union membership is required but it is an impotent union and offers no benefits or security, just dues.
Pros
comparable market pay
Cons
can be a hostile work environment
good people to work with
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 21, 2017
It was a good company but, I was told that my position was a temp to hire and once I was working for them, I was told my position was not in the budget to make permanent.
Pros
lots of appreciation for employees
Great place to work!
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  West Yellowstone, MTAugust 18, 2017
The company has high expectations for it's employees and provides superior training. Base closure's are always a possibility making it difficult to settle into an area. Sometimes it's difficult to get flights which makes it harder to gain the experience needed to be proficient at the job. All in all it's a great job and the people you work with are typically high caliber people.
High Stress
Data Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 15, 2017
I've learned a lot in the 6 years I've been employed here. I work virtual from home. Hardest part of job is daily changes and revolving doors in procedures.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Stress
Great balance of rewarding work and family time off
EMS Fixed Wing Captain PC-12 (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILAugust 11, 2017
In my opinion, the work is challenging and rewarding in accomplishing a simple mission: get patients to healthcare using aircraft.

Probably the best flying job with a work/life balance as you only work half the year and even then, you are home at least half of your work days! ( You just might be asleep if you worked a day shift)

One downside to working here, there is no chance for change of equipment and little advancement in salary as the job doesn't change for year to year.

The second downside is lack of flying so you aren't building significant flight time and what time is accrued isn't considered very valuable by potential employers.
Pros
feel good accomplishment
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Methods Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5