Air Methods Corporation

Air Methods Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive work place and great peers within all departments.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day at work is great, management is great, learned how to use Ulti Pro a new Payroll Software for me. Co-workers were extremely great to work with. Hardest part of job was staying late on Monday and Tuesdays of pay week, the most enjoyable part of the job was when payroll was finished and sent out to process.
Pros
Great place to work at.
Cons
Manual payroll working with and downloading spreadsheets.
Critical care
Flight Paramedic Sr (Current Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 20, 2015
Provide care, treatment, and safe transport of patients of many different backgrounds/demographics (infant to geriatric). Maintain professional standards, certifications, and best practices.
Very corporate feel
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 19, 2015
The company is run like a huge corporation. People don't get to know each other and there are no opportunities for growth. Despite being a $500MM company, we had to have pot lucks.
Pros
Financial stable
Cons
Corporate feel, no advancement opportunities
Overall Good
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 21, 2015
You arrive to work see where your machine is at and plug away at a waiting work load.

The Good: The Company is well organized and has fairly new machines most of them less than 5 years old. They pay well and allow plenty of overtime. The tooling and equipment is top notch. All programs are pulled from the same place and comes with a set-up sheet with any notes taken for the previous runs. An excellent group of employees who are actually qualified for the work they are doing.

The Bad: As with most "well oiled machines", there are a number of things that slip through the cracks. Missing dimensions on blueprint, over sites in the programming department, frequent changes in procedures from both inspections and engineering, zero stock production to reduce constant demand from the machine shop, zero scrap allowance, an unwillingness to change faults in "proven programs", more overtime than you asked for . For the most part this is easy to overlook, the only reason I'm looking for other employment opportunities is the extremely long contract period and the lack of worker befits such as health insurance or vacation/sick time while under contract. 9 months in and it is not even up for discussed yet. Covering medical, dental, and optical out of pocket for a year to a year and a half while awaiting hire is absolutely unacceptable to me.
Largest Air Medical Ambulance Company in the world.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2015
This is a faced paced environment where no two days are alike. As a Communication Specialist you are responsible for answering inbound calls from 911 agencies and hospitals wishing to transfer patients by air.

As a Communication Specialist you are responsible for following the approved intake process and notifying the closest most appropriate aircraft to complete patient transport.

The primary job function for a Communication Specialist is flight following aircraft on all legs of the flight to ensure that the crews complete each mission safely.
Rewarding work but poor middle management
Captain (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCJuly 28, 2015
The people that work at the bases, for the most part, are very interested in providing safe and reliable medical care. Working closely with them is the high point of working for this company. The problem with the company rests in the middle management area of the business side. Middle managers rarely communicate directly with subordinates and will not back up their employees if something goes wrong. I have seen managers overlook blatant rules violations for some, but when a problem can be traced back to their inaction, they are quick to assess blame to a subordinate.
Pros
Rewarding work, great team evnironment at the base level
Cons
Poor/weak middle managers
large company, you are a number and the only numbers that count are the ones on managements pay checks.
Field Mechanic (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 7, 2015
Top heavy management in company, No performance raises, very small yearly raises that do not cover cost of living increases. On call duties, with heavy responsibility's. Little employee appreciation.
Pros
leave when work is completed
Cons
poor pay compensation for job responsibility.
Company is not very good at the training process
Aircraft Maintenance Record Auditor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 22, 2015
This is a fairly good company. They did not do a very good job on training new people for the records auditor position but they are trying to improve on that.
Non-Stop growth learning experiance
Inventory Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2015
The job itself was great. Did not have a lot of communication between departments which cause trouble. Work was very intense. Hard to implement new procedures with old school mentality of company. Very good company to work for.
Pros
Location, Pay, Work load
Cons
Contract, won't evolve, Communication
Horrible company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 2, 2015
They are best known for giving people three times as much work as they should have, paying people half of what they are worth, and moving people out instead of moving people up. Save the headache and work anywhere but there.
buyer II
Senior Buyer III (Current Employee) –  englewood, COMay 18, 2015
the director was more concerned with keeping the department running as a high school and both encouraging and rewarding this type of behavior rather then growing it into a professional department.
Pros
not a single one
Cons
had to use signs to show we were on lunch if we stayed in our office...ect ect
If you want to be told your female manager is treated the way she is because she's a female - perfect place for you!
Medical Aircraft Transport Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2015
Great benefits and hours. Laid us off. They're not worried about pt care, they worry about the dollar. The good ol boy club is who hires people. They don't care to lay you off in a heart beat if it fits their agenda.
The people at the base are great
Sr. Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Springfield, Mo.March 30, 2015
I enjoyed my time at air methods, My immediate supervisors were good guys. The DOM is out standing I can't figure out how he puts up with it.
Pros
Good work envirnment
Cons
Proof you can't sleep with the Feds
The dept I work in is fantastic.
Internal Audit Contractor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 27, 2015
Like most anywhere, your department makes a difference. The Internal Audit department people are so nice and is a close group.
Pros
Relaxed work enviro
Cons
Not run into any...
Most demanding job
Chief Flight Nurse/Base Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2015
Extra certs required, one patient at a time, extra training required for flight safety, compensation well below in-hospital positions.
Pros
best job
Cons
worst pay
POST OPERATIVE CARE
Flight RN (Current Employee) –  SELKIRK NYFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day of work would be to take over the care of a post operative patient that is waking up confused from a surgery that they don't remember falling asleep for. Stabilize the patient and transfer the patient to the floor or home. Educating the patient if there are specific instructions to go home with as well as basic education material for post operative care. Management team is great. Nurse manage is well rounded and knows how to handle a large group. Co workers are transient at the moment. There is quite a few travelers in the PACU at this time. Hardest part of the job is learning all the different needed equipment post operatively and learning the acronyms for the procedures/surgeries. Most enjoyable part of the job is assisting people in achieving goals so that they can go home and be comfortable.
Pros
assistance towards education, currently going for my msn
Cons
a lot of the women have only ever worked at gfh and do not know what any other facility is like.
Fun, rewarding and stable
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Englewood COFebruary 12, 2015
A great company to work for with a fantastic safety rating. The people at Corporate are laid back and easy to get along with.
Pros
great co-workers, management is responsive, flexible for family/work balance
Cons
tough to grow with the company, don't see many chances for advancement
productive
Assistant to Vice President of Safety (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 29, 2014
Productive work place
Growing company.
God reputation
Good managers
Avoid this company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 15, 2014
I worked for this company as an Aircraft Technician for about 3 years.
The Technicians are treated like slaves and abused. This companies answer to nearly every problem they encounter or create themselves starts with three words, "have the mechanics...________" (fill in the blank).

I saw this company waste literally millions on bad management decisions yet they will make your life miserable if you need something to do your job. As a Technician you will find yourself ever increasingly doing tasks that have nothing to do with your core and most critical duties.

I can safely say I was one of their better employees and I corrected many issues with their aircraft and it's documentation while I worked there. The aircraft under my care were left in better condition than I found them. That's a fact. The first day on the job I determined the helicopter was not technically airworthy as I found it. The point is I did a good job for them as an employee, definitely above average with a significantly higher than average productivity percentage.
When I voluntarily resigned from the company in good standing, they treated me like a jilted bride and sought to harm me anyway they could, savagely dismissing my work record and contributions as well as the circumstances (personal, family) that caused me to resign.

They made significant deductions from my final pay that were essentially unjust and illegal but I could not afford to hire a lawyer to fight this.
Pros
lots of job openings at numerous locations across the country.
Cons
petty, vindictive, soulless bureuacracy, huge potential liability exposure for pilots & techs. many more cons too numerous to list...
Don't work here.
IT tech (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 17, 2014
This company is not worth the time. Poor management, no raises, revolving door with employees, Stay away from here.