Air Methods Corporation

Air Methods Corporation United States Employee Reviews

The people at the base are great
Sr. Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Springfield, Mo.March 30, 2015
Pros: Good work envirnment
Cons: Proof you can't sleep with the Feds
I enjoyed my time at air methods, My immediate supervisors were good guys. The DOM is out standing I can't figure out how he puts up with it.
The dept I work in is fantastic.
Internal Audit Contractor (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Relaxed work enviro
Cons: Not run into any...
Like most anywhere, your department makes a difference. The Internal Audit department people are so nice and is a close group.
Most demanding job
Chief Flight Nurse/Base Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: best job
Cons: worst pay
Extra certs required, one patient at a time, extra training required for flight safety, compensation well below in-hospital positions.
POST OPERATIVE CARE
Flight RN (Current Employee), SELKIRK NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: assistance towards education, currently going for my msn
Cons: a lot of the women have only ever worked at gfh and do not know what any other facility is like.
A typical day of work would be to take over the care of a post operative patient that is waking up confused from a surgery that they don't remember falling asleep for. Stabilize the patient and transfer the patient to the floor or home. Educating the patient if there are specific instructions to go home with as well as basic education material for post operative care. Management team is great. Nurse manage is well rounded and knows how to handle a large group. Co workers are transient at the moment. There is quite a few travelers in the PACU at this time. Hardest part of the job is learning all the different needed equipment post operatively and learning the acronyms for the procedures/surgeries. Most enjoyable part of the job is assisting people in achieving goals so that they can go home and be comfortable.
Fun, rewarding and stable
Corporate (Current Employee), Englewood COFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, management is responsive, flexible for family/work balance
Cons: tough to grow with the company, don't see many chances for advancement
A great company to work for with a fantastic safety rating. The people at Corporate are laid back and easy to get along with.
productive
Assistant to Vice President of Safety (Current Employee), Englewood, CODecember 29, 2014
Productive work place
Growing company.
God reputation
Good managers
Avoid this company
Technician (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: lots of job openings at numerous locations across the country.
Cons: petty, vindictive, soulless bureuacracy, huge potential liability exposure for pilots & techs. many more cons too numerous to list...
I worked for this company as an Aircraft Technician for about 3 years.
The Technicians are treated like slaves and abused. This companies answer to nearly every problem they encounter or create themselves starts with three words, "have the mechanics...________" (fill in the blank).

I saw this company waste literally millions on bad management decisions yet they will make your life miserable if you need something to do your job. As a Technician you will find yourself ever increasingly doing tasks that have nothing to do with your core and most critical duties.

I can safely say I was one of their better employees and I corrected many issues with their aircraft and it's documentation while I worked there. The aircraft under my care were left in better condition than I found them. That's a fact. The first day on the job I determined the helicopter was not technically airworthy as I found it. The point is I did a good job for them as an employee, definitely above average with a significantly higher than average productivity percentage.
When I voluntarily resigned from the company in good standing, they treated me like a jilted bride and sought to harm me anyway they could, savagely dismissing my work record and contributions as well as the circumstances (personal, family) that caused me to resign.

They made significant deductions from my final pay that were essentially unjust and illegal but I could not afford to hire a lawyer to fight this.
Don't work here.
IT tech (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 17, 2014
This company is not worth the time. Poor management, no raises, revolving door with employees, Stay away from here.
Great CoWorkers, Poor Management
Flight Paramedic (Former Employee), Missouri/IllinoisMay 16, 2014
Pros: fellow med staff, pilots, safety
Cons: management, bottom dollar philosophy
The people for the most part were great to work with. However, management wasn't the best at all. I have had better managers at fast food restaurants in high school. Definite favoritism and bottom dollar began to outweigh the patient outcome. Of the 12 people from my base I was employed at (including pilots), 3 still work at the particular base. Wasn't my "dream job" anymore.
busy workplace
Self-Pay Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 14, 2014
typical day at work was busy, and demanding. Collections between all employees to equal 100 Thousand dollars each day. Management was very demanding. Co-workers were amazing, the office environment would have been completely different if it wasn't for the office staff. Hardest part of the job was trying to collect payments from families that just lost loved ones. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist people with payments and closing accounts.
We do great work saving patients
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST III (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Typical day consist of handling employee relations issues. I enjoy assisting manager with making the right decisions.
HORRIBLE management but great product
ENGINEER (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 18, 2014
Pros: hard working capable co-workers
Cons: one of those places that you hate to get up every morning and go to.work.
Great co-workers! Management uses intimidation to get employees to work more hours.
As a pilot, great place to work
PIC - Transport medical staff and patients (Current Employee), South CarolinaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: challenging work environment, safe focused, good pilot management
Cons: poor leadership on medical side
Air Methods is a great place to work. Great safety conscious work environment, and on the pilot side, management is great with minor flaws here and there, but that is anywhere you go, and Air Methods has the fewest of those issues out of anywhere I have worked. On the medical side, I do not have nearly as many good things to say. The medical staff I worked with were great at most bases I worked at, but the upper management from base managers up were many times lacking. I saw many medical crews being treated extremely poorly from miserable management, management lying for no reason just to make it hard for medical crews and to cause unneeded stress and drama. This may have only been an issue within my state, as I did not see as much of it in other states I worked, but very disappointed that with the medical management within my state, and that they were allowed to keep their jobs, even after many complaints were filed on them.
Change of pace, different enviroment
Planner Coordinator/Tooling Administrator (Current Employee), Englewood, CoAugust 15, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: low wages
Middle Management not very knowledgeable about daily operations.
Base environment a productive one
Field Mechanic (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJuly 27, 2013
My day started by checking in with the crew (medical and Aviation) to find out any issues that may have been encountered over night or the weekend. I then checked the aircraft, aircraft records and inspection sheets to make sure the aircraft had no upcoming inspections or tracked the next inspections due. I ensured the aircraft was clean and airworthy at the beginning of each day. I ensured base maintenance work area, storage area, base consumables were clean and not expired. The company management has a goal to be safe and a culture of safety, but has a limited supporting effort for mechanic's. I had great personal relationships with all persons at the base. There was no problem we could not solve among ourselves. The hardest part of the job of the job was getting the support of the management in performing some tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships formed and cooperation between the medical crew and the pilots at the base.
Great learning experiance
Ø Parts Expediter/Update Publications (Former Employee), denver coJuly 9, 2013
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: just didnt work out
get parts from one warehouse and drop them off at the shop that ordered them. helped with any and everything I could on the aircrafts.
Large Employer, Good Benefits, paid training
Field Mechanic (Current Employee), Somerset, KYApril 28, 2013
Company is not afraid to provide manufacturer training, health insurance,vision and dental good.
Air medical profession
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: working on a helicopter, respect from peers in the medical field.
Cons: underpaid and working long hours and holidays/weekends.
Typical day at work can be very slow and boring due to no flight requests, or it can be heavy paced and unrelenting intensity. You really just never know what you'll be walking into. Management is very fluid (lots of turnoever). Co-workers are typically very Type A personalities. Hardest part of job is dealing with the very long hours, working nights and weekends and holidays. Being exhausted from a lack of sleep and a constantly disrupted circadian rhythm is also a major drawback. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing you have helped someone during a terrible crisis. Unfortunately the compensation is not comensurate to the work.
Started off great but things change
Mechanic (Former Employee), MissouriFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: fellow mechanics are great.
Cons: poor management.
I was hired about 4 years ago and things were great at first. I was the fixed wing mechanic and lead for 5 bases. Learned alot of helicopter and even went to 4 tech schools. Then everything changed. Both regional and area managers were fired. Work was added week after week until I couldn't keep up. Supposed to be one aircraft - one mechanic. Many days I had 2 to 5 to track or repair in one form or another. When I complained I was terminated for being unprofessional. If you relocate for a job here. Rent
Clean shop, corporate building and friendly atmosphere
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 9, 2013
Air Methods is the leader in medical helicopter evacuation services with over 400 aircraft. It's corporate headquaters are located on the north side of Centennial Airport, but there are bases from Alaska to Key West, Fl. The work is fast paced, but friendly in the 145 maintenance shop. I have learned to be involved in all of the day to day details of the shops and the company. The hardest part of the job has been learning the system which I use everyday. Once I learned it, it has been more enjoyable with less problems. The Co-workers are friendly and are willing to work through problems that may come up through out the day or week.

About Air Methods Corporation

Air Methods has built its reputation on a commitment to quality patient care and safety in aviation operations. Since 1980, we – Read more

Air Methods Corporation Salaries