Air Methods Corporation

Air Methods Corporation Employee Reviews

Rewarding work but poor middle management
Captain (Former Employee), Walterboro, SCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Rewarding work, great team evnironment at the base level
Cons: Poor/weak middle managers
The people that work at the bases, for the most part, are very interested in providing safe and reliable medical care. Working closely with them is the high point of working for this company. The problem with the company rests in the middle management area of the business side. Middle managers rarely communicate directly with subordinates and will not back up their employees if something goes wrong. I have seen managers overlook blatant rules violations for some, but when a problem can be traced back to their inaction, they are quick to assess blame to a subordinate.
large company, you are a number and the only numbers that count are the ones on managements pay checks.
Field Mechanic (Current Employee), UtahJuly 7, 2015
Pros: leave when work is completed
Cons: poor pay compensation for job responsibility.
Top heavy management in company, No performance raises, very small yearly raises that do not cover cost of living increases. On call duties, with heavy responsibility's. Little employee appreciation.
Company is not very good at the training process
Aircraft Maintenance Record Auditor (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 22, 2015
This is a fairly good company. They did not do a very good job on training new people for the records auditor position but they are trying to improve on that.
Non-Stop growth learning experiance
Inventory Analyst II (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 16, 2015
Pros: Location, Pay, Work load
Cons: Contract, won't evolve, Communication
The job itself was great. Did not have a lot of communication between departments which cause trouble. Work was very intense. Hard to implement new procedures with old school mentality of company. Very good company to work for.
Horrible company
Associate (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 2, 2015
They are best known for giving people three times as much work as they should have, paying people half of what they are worth, and moving people out instead of moving people up. Save the headache and work anywhere but there.
buyer II
Senior Buyer III (Current Employee), englewood, COMay 18, 2015
Pros: not a single one
Cons: had to use signs to show we were on lunch if we stayed in our office...ect ect
the director was more concerned with keeping the department running as a high school and both encouraging and rewarding this type of behavior rather then growing it into a professional department.
If you want to be told your female manager is treated the way she is because she's a female - perfect place for you!
Medical Aircraft Transport Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 14, 2015
Great benefits and hours. Laid us off. They're not worried about pt care, they worry about the dollar. The good ol boy club is who hires people. They don't care to lay you off in a heart beat if it fits their agenda.
The people at the base are great
Sr. Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Springfield, Mo.March 30, 2015
Pros: Good work envirnment
Cons: Proof you can't sleep with the Feds
I enjoyed my time at air methods, My immediate supervisors were good guys. The DOM is out standing I can't figure out how he puts up with it.
The dept I work in is fantastic.
Internal Audit Contractor (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Relaxed work enviro
Cons: Not run into any...
Like most anywhere, your department makes a difference. The Internal Audit department people are so nice and is a close group.
Most demanding job
Chief Flight Nurse/Base Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: best job
Cons: worst pay
Extra certs required, one patient at a time, extra training required for flight safety, compensation well below in-hospital positions.
POST OPERATIVE CARE
Flight RN (Current Employee), SELKIRK NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: assistance towards education, currently going for my msn
Cons: a lot of the women have only ever worked at gfh and do not know what any other facility is like.
A typical day of work would be to take over the care of a post operative patient that is waking up confused from a surgery that they don't remember falling asleep for. Stabilize the patient and transfer the patient to the floor or home. Educating the patient if there are specific instructions to go home with as well as basic education material for post operative care. Management team is great. Nurse manage is well rounded and knows how to handle a large group. Co workers are transient at the moment. There is quite a few travelers in the PACU at this time. Hardest part of the job is learning all the different needed equipment post operatively and learning the acronyms for the procedures/surgeries. Most enjoyable part of the job is assisting people in achieving goals so that they can go home and be comfortable.
Fun, rewarding and stable
Corporate (Current Employee), Englewood COFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, management is responsive, flexible for family/work balance
Cons: tough to grow with the company, don't see many chances for advancement
A great company to work for with a fantastic safety rating. The people at Corporate are laid back and easy to get along with.
productive
Assistant to Vice President of Safety (Current Employee), Englewood, CODecember 29, 2014
Productive work place
Growing company.
God reputation
Good managers
Avoid this company
Technician (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: lots of job openings at numerous locations across the country.
Cons: petty, vindictive, soulless bureuacracy, huge potential liability exposure for pilots & techs. many more cons too numerous to list...
I worked for this company as an Aircraft Technician for about 3 years.
The Technicians are treated like slaves and abused. This companies answer to nearly every problem they encounter or create themselves starts with three words, "have the mechanics...________" (fill in the blank).

I saw this company waste literally millions on bad management decisions yet they will make your life miserable if you need something to do your job. As a Technician you will find yourself ever increasingly doing tasks that have nothing to do with your core and most critical duties.

I can safely say I was one of their – more... better employees and I corrected many issues with their aircraft and it's documentation while I worked there. The aircraft under my care were left in better condition than I found them. That's a fact. The first day on the job I determined the helicopter was not technically airworthy as I found it. The point is I did a good job for them as an employee, definitely above average with a significantly higher than average productivity percentage.
When I voluntarily resigned from the company in good standing, they treated me like a jilted bride and sought to harm me anyway they could, savagely dismissing my work record and contributions as well as the circumstances (personal, family) that caused me to resign.

They made significant deductions from my final pay that were essentially unjust and illegal but I could not afford to hire a lawyer to fight this. – less
Don't work here.
IT tech (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 17, 2014
This company is not worth the time. Poor management, no raises, revolving door with employees, Stay away from here.
Great CoWorkers, Poor Management
Flight Paramedic (Former Employee), Missouri/IllinoisMay 16, 2014
Pros: fellow med staff, pilots, safety
Cons: management, bottom dollar philosophy
The people for the most part were great to work with. However, management wasn't the best at all. I have had better managers at fast food restaurants in high school. Definite favoritism and bottom dollar began to outweigh the patient outcome. Of the 12 people from my base I was employed at (including pilots), 3 still work at the particular base. Wasn't my "dream job" anymore.
busy workplace
Self-Pay Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 14, 2014
typical day at work was busy, and demanding. Collections between all employees to equal 100 Thousand dollars each day. Management was very demanding. Co-workers were amazing, the office environment would have been completely different if it wasn't for the office staff. Hardest part of the job was trying to collect payments from families that just lost loved ones. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist people with payments and closing accounts.
We do great work saving patients
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST III (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Typical day consist of handling employee relations issues. I enjoy assisting manager with making the right decisions.
As a pilot, great place to work
PIC - Transport medical staff and patients (Current Employee), South CarolinaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: challenging work environment, safe focused, good pilot management
Cons: poor leadership on medical side
Air Methods is a great place to work. Great safety conscious work environment, and on the pilot side, management is great with minor flaws here and there, but that is anywhere you go, and Air Methods has the fewest of those issues out of anywhere I have worked. On the medical side, I do not have nearly as many good things to say. The medical staff I worked with were great at most bases I worked at, but the upper management from base managers up were many times lacking. I saw many medical crews being treated extremely poorly from miserable management, management lying for no reason just to make it hard for medical crews and to cause unneeded stress and drama. This may have only been an issue within my state, as I did not see as much of it in other states I worked, but very disappointed that with the medical management within my state, and that they were allowed to keep their jobs, even after many complaints were filed on them.
Great people and a great product-terribly mismanaged
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Englewood, CONovember 27, 2013
Pros: great people, great product
Cons: ineffectual management
I enjoyed working at Air Methods because of the talented, can-do individuals working there. The product is top-notch and the core business, of configuring custom helicopter interiors for air ambulances is very inspiring, knowing that the aircraft will be used to save lives.
However; the culture is one where friendships and politics are valued above all and if you're not in the "club" you're punished. Working hours are enforced subjectively, and drawing attention to improper practices is viewed as an impediment to pushing product out the door. The Quality Manager has attempted to bring attention to the areas in which improvement is needed, yet there is no sense of urgency by senior management to correct the improper or wasteful practices.
Headquarters