Air Methods Corporation

Air Methods Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

If you want to be told your female manager is treated the way she is because she's a female - perfect place for you!
Medical Aircraft Transport Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2015
Great benefits and hours. Laid us off. They're not worried about pt care, they worry about the dollar. The good ol boy club is who hires people. They don't care to lay you off in a heart beat if it fits their agenda.
The people at the base are great
Sr. Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Springfield, Mo.March 30, 2015
I enjoyed my time at air methods, My immediate supervisors were good guys. The DOM is out standing I can't figure out how he puts up with it.
Pros
Good work envirnment
Cons
Proof you can't sleep with the Feds
The dept I work in is fantastic.
Internal Audit Contractor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 27, 2015
Like most anywhere, your department makes a difference. The Internal Audit department people are so nice and is a close group.
Pros
Relaxed work enviro
Cons
Not run into any...
Most demanding job
Chief Flight Nurse/Base Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2015
Extra certs required, one patient at a time, extra training required for flight safety, compensation well below in-hospital positions.
Pros
best job
Cons
worst pay
Post operative care
Flight RN (Current Employee) –  SELKIRK NYFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day of work would be to take over the care of a post operative patient that is waking up confused from a surgery that they don't remember falling asleep for. Stabilize the patient and transfer the patient to the floor or home. Educating the patient if there are specific instructions to go home with as well as basic education material for post operative care. Management team is great. Nurse manage is well rounded and knows how to handle a large group. Co workers are transient at the moment. There is quite a few travelers in the PACU at this time. Hardest part of the job is learning all the different needed equipment post operatively and learning the acronyms for the procedures/surgeries. Most enjoyable part of the job is assisting people in achieving goals so that they can go home and be comfortable.
Pros
assistance towards education, currently going for my msn
Cons
a lot of the women have only ever worked at gfh and do not know what any other facility is like.
Fun, rewarding and stable
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Englewood COFebruary 12, 2015
A great company to work for with a fantastic safety rating. The people at Corporate are laid back and easy to get along with.
Pros
great co-workers, management is responsive, flexible for family/work balance
Cons
tough to grow with the company, don't see many chances for advancement
productive
Assistant to Vice President of Safety (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 29, 2014
Productive work place
Growing company.
God reputation
Good managers
Avoid this company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 15, 2014
I worked for this company as an Aircraft Technician for about 3 years.
The Technicians are treated like slaves and abused. This companies answer to nearly every problem they encounter or create themselves starts with three words, "have the mechanics...________" (fill in the blank).

I saw this company waste literally millions on bad management decisions yet they will make your life miserable if you need something to do your job. As a Technician you will find yourself ever increasingly doing tasks that have nothing to do with your core and most critical duties.

I can safely say I was one of their better employees and I corrected many issues with their aircraft and it's documentation while I worked there. The aircraft under my care were left in better condition than I found them. That's a fact. The first day on the job I determined the helicopter was not technically airworthy as I found it. The point is I did a good job for them as an employee, definitely above average with a significantly higher than average productivity percentage.
When I voluntarily resigned from the company in good standing, they treated me like a jilted bride and sought to harm me anyway they could, savagely dismissing my work record and contributions as well as the circumstances (personal, family) that caused me to resign.

They made significant deductions from my final pay that were essentially unjust and illegal but I could not afford to hire a lawyer to fight this.
Pros
lots of job openings at numerous locations across the country.
Cons
petty, vindictive, soulless bureuacracy, huge potential liability exposure for pilots & techs. many more cons too numerous to list...
Don't work here.
IT tech (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 17, 2014
This company is not worth the time. Poor management, no raises, revolving door with employees, Stay away from here.
Great CoWorkers, Poor Management
Flight Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Missouri/IllinoisMay 16, 2014
The people for the most part were great to work with. However, management wasn't the best at all. I have had better managers at fast food restaurants in high school. Definite favoritism and bottom dollar began to outweigh the patient outcome. Of the 12 people from my base I was employed at (including pilots), 3 still work at the particular base. Wasn't my "dream job" anymore.
Pros
fellow med staff, pilots, safety
Cons
management, bottom dollar philosophy
busy workplace
Self-Pay Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 14, 2014
typical day at work was busy, and demanding. Collections between all employees to equal 100 Thousand dollars each day. Management was very demanding. Co-workers were amazing, the office environment would have been completely different if it wasn't for the office staff. Hardest part of the job was trying to collect payments from families that just lost loved ones. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist people with payments and closing accounts.
We do great work saving patients
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST III (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 25, 2014
Typical day consist of handling employee relations issues. I enjoy assisting manager with making the right decisions.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
HORRIBLE management but great product
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 18, 2014
Great co-workers! Management uses intimidation to get employees to work more hours.
Pros
hard working capable co-workers
Cons
one of those places that you hate to get up every morning and go to.work.
Great people and a great product-terribly mismanaged
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 27, 2013
I enjoyed working at Air Methods because of the talented, can-do individuals working there. The product is top-notch and the core business, of configuring custom helicopter interiors for air ambulances is very inspiring, knowing that the aircraft will be used to save lives.
However; the culture is one where friendships and politics are valued above all and if you're not in the "club" you're punished. Working hours are enforced subjectively, and drawing attention to improper practices is viewed as an impediment to pushing product out the door. The Quality Manager has attempted to bring attention to the areas in which improvement is needed, yet there is no sense of urgency by senior management to correct the improper or wasteful practices.
Pros
great people, great product
Cons
ineffectual management
Change of pace, different enviroment
Planner Coordinator/Tooling Administrator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CoAugust 15, 2013
Middle Management not very knowledgeable about daily operations.
Pros
job security
Cons
low wages
Base environment a productive one
Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 27, 2013
My day started by checking in with the crew (medical and Aviation) to find out any issues that may have been encountered over night or the weekend. I then checked the aircraft, aircraft records and inspection sheets to make sure the aircraft had no upcoming inspections or tracked the next inspections due. I ensured the aircraft was clean and airworthy at the beginning of each day. I ensured base maintenance work area, storage area, base consumables were clean and not expired. The company management has a goal to be safe and a culture of safety, but has a limited supporting effort for mechanic's. I had great personal relationships with all persons at the base. There was no problem we could not solve among ourselves. The hardest part of the job of the job was getting the support of the management in performing some tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships formed and cooperation between the medical crew and the pilots at the base.
Great learning experiance
Ø Parts Expediter/Update Publications (Former Employee) –  denver coJuly 9, 2013
get parts from one warehouse and drop them off at the shop that ordered them. helped with any and everything I could on the aircrafts.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
just didnt work out
Large Employer, Good Benefits, paid training
Field Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 28, 2013
Company is not afraid to provide manufacturer training, health insurance,vision and dental good.
Air medical profession
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 22, 2013
Typical day at work can be very slow and boring due to no flight requests, or it can be heavy paced and unrelenting intensity. You really just never know what you'll be walking into. Management is very fluid (lots of turnoever). Co-workers are typically very Type A personalities. Hardest part of job is dealing with the very long hours, working nights and weekends and holidays. Being exhausted from a lack of sleep and a constantly disrupted circadian rhythm is also a major drawback. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing you have helped someone during a terrible crisis. Unfortunately the compensation is not comensurate to the work.
Pros
working on a helicopter, respect from peers in the medical field.
Cons
underpaid and working long hours and holidays/weekends.
Started off great but things change
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 13, 2013
I was hired about 4 years ago and things were great at first. I was the fixed wing mechanic and lead for 5 bases. Learned alot of helicopter and even went to 4 tech schools. Then everything changed. Both regional and area managers were fired. Work was added week after week until I couldn't keep up. Supposed to be one aircraft - one mechanic. Many days I had 2 to 5 to track or repair in one form or another. When I complained I was terminated for being unprofessional. If you relocate for a job here. Rent
Pros
fellow mechanics are great.
Cons
poor management.

2.4