Air National Guard

Air National Guard Employer Reviews

Great work enviroment
Medical Tech Trainee (Former Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 23, 2014
I would go the first weekend if every month. My job would include me to sit in the clinic and help with getting vitals for physicals and also help label blood samples in the lab. I would also run errands for the doctors.
I hated it.
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlOctober 10, 2014
Wouldn't be a bad place if they would pay you on time. The co workers are fun and so is the traveling.
Family oriented
LODGING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Spokane, WAOctober 8, 2014
Friendly environment.
I was able to learn different skill. Lodging, Food, Recreational, Fitness, etc.
management and co-workers
The most enjoyable part is learning new skills and feeling important on new projects.
Great Teamwork
meteorological Journeyman (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2014
All Coworkers and managers work as one to accomplish all tasks everyday
fun work environment
117th refuelingwing (Current Employee), birmingham alabamaOctober 1, 2014
enjoy working with the air national guard, good experience and training
Productive environment with friendly people
Cyber Systems Operations Apprentice (3D032) (Current Employee), Jefferson Barracks, MOOctober 1, 2014
A great learning and working environment where the people that I work with have become almost like family.
Great learning place
Aerospace Maintenance Crew Chief (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Great place to work for. Always learning new skills and everyone is always understanding and helpful.
Extensive experience in top secret level security management
Security Police Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Dix, NJSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: exceptional growth within security field
Opportunities to work within a large network of security protection that included facilities, dignitaries, top secret clearance for various weapons systems.
Air Force Life
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INSeptember 3, 2014
The Air Force is a great lace to work. It is fun, exciting, and always gives off a good vibe to others. There is no task too small or big because we all work as a family.
Best base to work at.
Airman First Class (Current Employee), East Granby, CTAugust 24, 2014
Everyone on base is very helpful and makes it a great place to work. Great benefits, fun job, and a nice base.
Hard-working group of professional and compassionate people.
Medical Technician (Current Employee), Buckley AFBAugust 18, 2014
In the Air National Guard we are kept to high stands including continuous upgrade training, specialized courses, and progression in our career field. At work we are held responsible for ourselves and given tasks to manage others as we become more seasoned. Everyone supports and encourages each other to do their best and to accomplish tasks with integrity. – more... I've learned to be disciplined, hard working, and proactive. The hardest part of my job is that I'm often times taken away from my family and friends to accomplish the mission at hand. Even though the travel can be tiring, I enjoy taking care of people and have a great desire to learn and develop new skills. – less
Military
Customer Service (Current Employee), McGuire AFB, NJAugust 11, 2014
Pros: it's the military
Cons: there are no cons
A typical day at work is like a typical day at any other job. 8-12 hours a day with the same amount of work load. I learned about different ways and all aspects on how to do my job and I apply it. Management are also military. My co workers consists of military as well. The most enjoyable part of this job is customer service.
Fun place to work with smart co-workers.
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 6, 2014
My work day consists of updating and managing personnel files.

I learned how to be proactive with my job and to communicate with my co-workers and supervisors.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with a different commander or boss every year or two. In my 6 six years, I had 4 different commanders. With 4 different commanders came 4 different viewpoints – more... and expectations.

The most enjoyable part is networking with many people, getting to travel for free, and the co-workers. – less
Its not what I expected.
Aerospace medical technician (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: work once a month
Cons: i had to drive long distances
I was in the Army before I joined the air guard. Its not the real military. Its like working in any civilian job
Dislike Units
Cyber Systems Operator (Current Employee), New york, NyJuly 29, 2014
Dislike the organization. Expected the air guard to be better than the army guard but in the end by switching all I did was sacrifice being able to go to any school I wanted to being around a bunch of lazy geriatrics that don't feel the need to take care of their troops.
great if you like interacting with people
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Eastover, SCJuly 28, 2014
great place to work, customers are nice. job duties keep you busy and help the time to go by quickly.
Cyber Surety (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare
being able to serve your country
one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year
I am honored to be an American Airman
Personnel Specialist in Administration (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2014
My job at the 161st Air Refueling Wing takes much discipline, patience, and dedication. As a personnel specialist in administration for the Airborne Operations Unit, I answer and work straight for the Commander doing his office work that he doesn't always have time for. My co-workers range from enlisted Airman to as high as General Officers. The hardest – more... part is communicating at times. The most enjoyable part is working with the most powerful Air Force in the world. – less
Good place to work. True family feeling.
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJune 13, 2014
Worked for Mississippi ANG for 10 years and have no regrets. Great place to work with a true family feeling. They will always be my brothers.
Information Management Technician
Information Management Apprentice (3AO31) (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORMay 17, 2014
Pros: military experiences is a great place to start and gain work experience.
Cons: deployments can create financial hardships on family.
Information Management Technician
Completed Information Tech School.
Assigned as the mail room clerk
Picked up and received mail.
Inspect for contraband.
Routed mail and processed outgoing mail.
Long duty hours.
High stress environment with short amount of time.
No benefits offered unless one is on full time status.
Unexpected deployments can create – more... a hardship on family.
Experienced to work with all people in the chain of command based upon their rank and title position. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Air National Guard

The Air National Guard (ANG), also known as the Air Guard, is a federal military reserve force as well as the militia force of – Read more

Air National Guard Photos