Air National Guard

Air National Guard United States Employee Reviews

Consistent, Structure, Benefits
Comand Post (Current Employee), Klamath Falls, ORMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches on UTA.
The people are fantastic. It is nice having opportunity to promote and move up. The pay could be better. Everybody knows their place and respects each other like family in and out of the workplace.
Air Force
Aviation Team Chief (Current Employee), Buckley Air Force Base ColoradoApril 29, 2015
I am a Air National Guard member serving only one weekend a month. I lead a team of young Guard members, mentor, train, and manage.
Great Learning Opportunity
Cyber Operations Journeyman (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 27, 2015
Allowed me the knowledge necessary to pursue a career in something I love. The Air National Guard gave me the ability to lead, learn, and instruct in order to advance my career and be a productive member of society.
Productive and fast-paced in warehouse
Logistics Readiness Supply (Current Employee), Hickam, HIApril 27, 2015
A typical day of work consists of counting all inventory and assets for all military personel. I have learned over the span of 2 years serving, that you always triple check everything you count. Management is fair and respectful towards peers. My co- workers are David Isei and Jherson Arenas. The hardest part o f the job, is trying to keep count off large quanties. The most enjoyable part of this job is working well with others and supplying air craft parts to the plane.
Excellent place to go right out of high school
National Guard (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2015
If you don't have a clue when you graduate high school. Go in the military. Excellent training and learn a lot about leadership and discipline.
Productive Workplace
Cable and Antenna Systems (Current Employee), Annville, PAApril 23, 2015
This job is also fast paced that has a lot of ups and downs. All the training I made will translate over to civilian life. My coworkers are a joy to work with.
Life-long career
Senior Airman (E-4) (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 23, 2015
I will and always will do any tasks asked of me. I plan on retiring in the military.

I work at the base in Milwaukee, but I also fill in for active duty soldiers when needed.
Excellent place to work and effect change across the US Air Force
(ANG) Cyber Officer Functional Manager (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDApril 17, 2015
Excellent place to work and effect change across the Air National guard. Immediate impact for initiatives worked and results are immediately known.
Great Place
Electrical Systems Apprentice (Current Employee), Coraopolis, PAApril 7, 2015
Great place to be involved with, great co workers, not stressful very understanding of family issues. flexible scheduling if needed.
ANG Review
F-16 Crew Chief (Former Employee), MOntogmeryMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Stressful
We have dead lines we had to meet to keep jets in the air. The job had its stress but was fairly laid back and easy going. It can be fairly complicated getting into problems with the jet and other equipment we might have used on it. But the more you use it the more efficient you can become with it. Everything had to be documented, signed off by the supervisor, then logged into the computer for management overview. The people you work with will be your best assest, otherwise deadlines will never get meet and you will easily become overwhelmed. But with the military your co-workers become your family and you learn how to work efficiently together.
Love the discipline.
Logistic (Former Employee), Carolinas, PRMarch 14, 2015
It was a very proud job to do. Help my own country to move equipment safely to where it is need it. I had to work with detail information on computer basis and phone.
Great comraderie, fun atmosphere
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Buckley AFB Aurora, COMarch 14, 2015
I enjoy this job very much and enjoy working with my colleagues. While working on the aircraft we create a fun and productive atmosphere. The adherence to safety is paramount and training of the younger, newer personnel ensures these characteristics of the job is carried forward.
Go Guard
Aircraft Systems Superintendent (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 9, 2015
Best place ever. Great people working hard to serve and protect. Would, and have gone to war with these wonderful soldiers.
Great job
Cable/Antenna Journeyman (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GaMarch 7, 2015
I have no complaints the Air Force takes of care me. Joining is the best desions I ever made in my life. I have school benefits that keep money pocket plus I have my regular job.
Great Organization
Contracting specialist (Current Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARMarch 1, 2015
I truly love this place. Everyone one is friendly and you begin to fill like family. My co workers are great. Great job just be prepared for some sacrifices
Productive and fun work place great environment
Military (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 1, 2015
Day starts out learning new tasks. My co workers are really fun hard working people. My supervisors are very knowledgeable and good people to go to if i need help. I enjoy being in the air national guard.
Fun, fast, exciting, and challenging.
Fighter Pilot (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: dangerous work which makes it even more fun
Cons: dangerous work.
Few things that I have done compare to flying fighters, plus I have had the pleasure of working with the best of the best. I cannot say enough about it. If your young, just do it.
good equipment
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTFebruary 26, 2015
monitor and train troops under my supervision while training them in proper operations of loaders, dozers, concrete saws, graders, backhoe, excavators, tractor trailer, dump truck and skid steer.
Great place to work.
Fuels Labatory (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: work alone no mircomanagement.
Cons: not much training until you get formally trained.
People are not always ready to help out when it calls for them to do so.

The current section of the shop that I work in; is very demanding and they don't understand how to give you the time to balance this job with other details.
Very well structure.
Senior Capstone (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: being able to help people on a daily.
In a typical work day first step is to get the daily goals for the day. Also the target weakness area of my individual performance for the previous day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Air National Guard

The Air National Guard (ANG), also known as the Air Guard, is a federal military reserve force as well as the militia force of – Read more

Air National Guard Salaries

$30,000 per year
Training Manager
$45,000 per year

Air National Guard Photos

Triaging and preparing a patient for flight from injuries due to Earthquake.