Air National Guard

Air National Guard United States Employee Reviews

Great Place
Electrical Systems Apprentice (Current Employee), Coraopolis, PAApril 7, 2015
Great place to be involved with, great co workers, not stressful very understanding of family issues. flexible scheduling if needed.
ANG Review
F-16 Crew Chief (Former Employee), MOntogmeryMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Stressful
We have dead lines we had to meet to keep jets in the air. The job had its stress but was fairly laid back and easy going. It can be fairly complicated getting into problems with the jet and other equipment we might have used on it. But the more you use it the more efficient you can become with it. Everything had to be documented, signed off by the supervisor, then logged into the computer for management overview. The people you work with will be your best assest, otherwise deadlines will never get meet and you will easily become overwhelmed. But with the military your co-workers become your family and you learn how to work efficiently together.
Love the discipline.
Logistic (Former Employee), Carolinas, PRMarch 14, 2015
It was a very proud job to do. Help my own country to move equipment safely to where it is need it. I had to work with detail information on computer basis and phone.
Great comraderie, fun atmosphere
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Buckley AFB Aurora, COMarch 14, 2015
I enjoy this job very much and enjoy working with my colleagues. While working on the aircraft we create a fun and productive atmosphere. The adherence to safety is paramount and training of the younger, newer personnel ensures these characteristics of the job is carried forward.
Go Guard
Aircraft Systems Superintendent (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 9, 2015
Best place ever. Great people working hard to serve and protect. Would, and have gone to war with these wonderful soldiers.
Great job
Cable/Antenna Journeyman (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GaMarch 7, 2015
I have no complaints the Air Force takes of care me. Joining is the best desions I ever made in my life. I have school benefits that keep money pocket plus I have my regular job.
Great Organization
Contracting specialist (Current Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARMarch 1, 2015
I truly love this place. Everyone one is friendly and you begin to fill like family. My co workers are great. Great job just be prepared for some sacrifices
Productive and fun work place great environment
Military (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 1, 2015
Day starts out learning new tasks. My co workers are really fun hard working people. My supervisors are very knowledgeable and good people to go to if i need help. I enjoy being in the air national guard.
Fun, fast, exciting, and challenging.
Fighter Pilot (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: dangerous work which makes it even more fun
Cons: dangerous work.
Few things that I have done compare to flying fighters, plus I have had the pleasure of working with the best of the best. I cannot say enough about it. If your young, just do it.
good equipment
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTFebruary 26, 2015
monitor and train troops under my supervision while training them in proper operations of loaders, dozers, concrete saws, graders, backhoe, excavators, tractor trailer, dump truck and skid steer.
Great place to work.
Fuels Labatory (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: work alone no mircomanagement.
Cons: not much training until you get formally trained.
People are not always ready to help out when it calls for them to do so.

The current section of the shop that I work in; is very demanding and they don't understand how to give you the time to balance this job with other details.
Very well structure.
Senior Capstone (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: being able to help people on a daily.
In a typical work day first step is to get the daily goals for the day. Also the target weakness area of my individual performance for the previous day.
A fun place to work and a great team!
Art Director (Former Employee), Essex Junction, VTFebruary 12, 2015
Very flexible work schedule with a good variety of products to work on. The small team made it possible to learn new skills. The sumer season was typically the busiest and required a lot of travel.
Strong learning environment
Communications Navigations Specialist (Current Employee), Scotia, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Lots of hands on training. A lot of knowledge is needed to perform this job.
Working with aircraft and equipment
Air crew flight equipment Technician. (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: serving your country. seeing other counties.
Repairing and inspecting aircrew equipment on a typical day. The hardest part is going back to your other job. The most enjoyable part is going home after a deployment. Having a supervisor you respect is priceless.
I really enjoy working for the Air National Guard
Engineering Assistant (Current Employee), South Portland, MEJanuary 22, 2015
I love the excitement that my job brings. I've learned so much in my time here. Enlisting in the military is one of the greatest decisions I have ever made.
Great experience
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), LouisianaJanuary 20, 2015
I had many great experiences during my time there. I was able to learn a lot about various things. Also, traveling the world was a plus.
excellant place to work
Powered Systems Mechanic, Technical Sergeant, E-6 (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: travel
I got to travel outside the us and see different cultures.
Its a great way to learn and get paid for doing a job.
A lot of good people in the Air Guard.
Great experience and recommended for all
Aerospace Propulsion Technician (Current Employee), Springfield, ILDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits, life long friends, and the pride of serving in the united states military
Everything done within the military is strict and orders need to be followed. With that being said, the work atmosphere is fun and all of the men and women get along within the work environment. There are many different jobs that you can do within the Air Force. You have to stay in good physical shape because of requirements you have to pass. Over time, through promotions you gain management and supervisory experience. You also learn about higher decision making with a team and the process for these decisions.
Life changing
Electrical Power Production (Current Employee), Mansfield, OHDecember 10, 2014
Pros: school benefits, training
Cons: time away from family
I enjoy my job, I am using my GI Bill, and tuition assistance. My supervisors are great. I have learned so much. The training is a lot of hands on and some book work. I love working at the air shows and working with the guys in my shop. It is a great experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Air National Guard

The Air National Guard (ANG), also known as the Air Guard, is a federal military reserve force as well as the militia force of – Read more

Air National Guard Photos