Air National Guard

Air National Guard Employer Reviews

Extensive experience in top secret level security management
Security Police Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Dix, NJSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: exceptional growth within security field
Opportunities to work within a large network of security protection that included facilities, dignitaries, top secret clearance for various weapons systems.
Air Force Life
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INSeptember 3, 2014
The Air Force is a great lace to work. It is fun, exciting, and always gives off a good vibe to others. There is no task too small or big because we all work as a family.
Best base to work at.
Airman First Class (Current Employee), East Granby, CTAugust 24, 2014
Everyone on base is very helpful and makes it a great place to work. Great benefits, fun job, and a nice base.
Hard-working group of professional and compassionate people.
Medical Technician (Current Employee), Buckley AFBAugust 18, 2014
In the Air National Guard we are kept to high stands including continuous upgrade training, specialized courses, and progression in our career field. At work we are held responsible for ourselves and given tasks to manage others as we become more seasoned. Everyone supports and encourages each other to do their best and to accomplish tasks with integrity. – more... I've learned to be disciplined, hard working, and proactive. The hardest part of my job is that I'm often times taken away from my family and friends to accomplish the mission at hand. Even though the travel can be tiring, I enjoy taking care of people and have a great desire to learn and develop new skills. – less
Military
Customer Service (Current Employee), McGuire AFB, NJAugust 11, 2014
Pros: it's the military
Cons: there are no cons
A typical day at work is like a typical day at any other job. 8-12 hours a day with the same amount of work load. I learned about different ways and all aspects on how to do my job and I apply it. Management are also military. My co workers consists of military as well. The most enjoyable part of this job is customer service.
Fun place to work with smart co-workers.
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 6, 2014
My work day consists of updating and managing personnel files.

I learned how to be proactive with my job and to communicate with my co-workers and supervisors.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with a different commander or boss every year or two. In my 6 six years, I had 4 different commanders. With 4 different commanders came 4 different viewpoints – more... and expectations.

The most enjoyable part is networking with many people, getting to travel for free, and the co-workers. – less
Its not what I expected.
Aerospace medical technician (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: work once a month
Cons: i had to drive long distances
I was in the Army before I joined the air guard. Its not the real military. Its like working in any civilian job
Dislike Units
Cyber Systems Operator (Current Employee), New york, NyJuly 29, 2014
Dislike the organization. Expected the air guard to be better than the army guard but in the end by switching all I did was sacrifice being able to go to any school I wanted to being around a bunch of lazy geriatrics that don't feel the need to take care of their troops.
great if you like interacting with people
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Eastover, SCJuly 28, 2014
great place to work, customers are nice. job duties keep you busy and help the time to go by quickly.
Cyber Surety (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare
being able to serve your country
one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year
I am honored to be an American Airman
Personnel Specialist in Administration (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2014
My job at the 161st Air Refueling Wing takes much discipline, patience, and dedication. As a personnel specialist in administration for the Airborne Operations Unit, I answer and work straight for the Commander doing his office work that he doesn't always have time for. My co-workers range from enlisted Airman to as high as General Officers. The hardest – more... part is communicating at times. The most enjoyable part is working with the most powerful Air Force in the world. – less
Good place to work. True family feeling.
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJune 13, 2014
Worked for Mississippi ANG for 10 years and have no regrets. Great place to work with a true family feeling. They will always be my brothers.
Information Management Technician
Information Management Apprentice (3AO31) (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORMay 17, 2014
Pros: military experiences is a great place to start and gain work experience.
Cons: deployments can create financial hardships on family.
Information Management Technician
Completed Information Tech School.
Assigned as the mail room clerk
Picked up and received mail.
Inspect for contraband.
Routed mail and processed outgoing mail.
Long duty hours.
High stress environment with short amount of time.
No benefits offered unless one is on full time status.
Unexpected deployments can create – more... a hardship on family.
Experienced to work with all people in the chain of command based upon their rank and title position. – less
family atmosphere
Command Post Helper (Current Employee), battle creek, miMay 5, 2014
love it family strong air force military life

sit in a dark room
Great work place with outstanding co-workers and great job oppotunities.
Cyber Systems Operator (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVApril 20, 2014
Working in the Air National Guard has provided me with many opportunities in both the military and civilian IT career field. I've worked with many people from all over the world. The ANG provides its workers with proper training and security clearances to apply in the civilian work force as well as their military careers.
A typical day at work
Information Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 13, 2014
Pros: three days off in a row
Cons: short lunch break
I did administrative work for a large group of personnel. We worked 10 hours a day. I learned how to multitask and to get the information that is requested of me in a timely manner. I supervised three individuals. I loved my co-workers. We were like one big happy family. Sometimes work didn't even feel like work. It was a very comfortable environment. – more... I would say the hardest part was working the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with intelligent people and learning a lot from them. – less
n/a
Aircraft Armament Systems Journeyman (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 12, 2014
This is a great job and much to experience. very enjoyable..............................................................
Easy-going, relaxed atmosphere
Supply Craftsman (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2014
Pros: opportunities to learn several different areas of the career field
Cons: limited amount of advancement
In my current position as a Supply Craftsman, I provide an abundant amount of customer service. Whether it's interacting with delivery drivers, customers, or co-workers I am determine to provide whomever with a solution to whatever problem they may have. From this position I have learned how to receive, process, and order various types of parts. My – more... management and co-workers consist of individuals that are very helpful and willing to conduct training whenever unexpected circumstances arise. The type of work that I find myself most interested in are positions that allow me to help and interact with others while also challenging myself and learning new and valuable skills in the process. The most challenging part of my job is making sure that I prioritize what needs to be done for the day while also being able to manage my time and trying to remain flexible. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of accomplishment that I get when I can solve an issue that someone may be having. I also enjoy the individuals that I work with and around as well. – less
Productive work place
LAN Administrator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 19, 2014
Server and PC support. Networking. Co-workers worked as a Team.
equipment
Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee), Hampton VirginiaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: the equipment that we use is very technical, and very importment to the mission.
Cons: management lacking, getting pulled in to many directions and not completing assignments
a typical day would actually be hard describe. Because if the lack of communication, we could have a schedule planned but when we go to execute something planned we get pulled off of the assignment.

1 2 3 4

About Air National Guard

Air National Guard - ANG Information & Charitable Military-Related Link... Air National Guard - ANG Information & ANG – Read more

Air National Guard Photos