Air National Guard

Air National Guard Employee Reviews

laid back
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Camp Murray, WAJune 29, 2015
The people are great and come from backgrounds which makes for a great atmosphere. The management is very supportive and will always give 100% help and assistance in whatever you need.
Great place to work. A lot of lessons are learned right on the job.
Security Forces Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 28, 2015
Pros: A feeling fulfillment after every shift.
Cons: A lot of time is spent away from family.
A typical day at work would be guarding the entire installations against foreign and domestic threats. I learned how to take orders from people who have a lot more experience than myself. Management is – more... very helpful, they worked around my school schedules and also my second job. My co-workers are also good. The really watch out for each other. The hardest part of the job of the job is the understanding that someone out there wants to kill you because of the country you're from. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that without the work of my brothers in arms, America would not be free. – less
Rewarding
Material Management (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSJune 24, 2015
I love my Air Force! My job is very rewarding and you work with so many different types of people! Best job i've ever had! I definitely do not regret my choice in enlisting and i am very thankful that i had the opportunity.
Enjoyable career field
TACP/JTAC (Current Employee), Annville, PAJune 11, 2015
Air National Guard provides great opportunities as well as great training for the job and leadership.

Typical day consists of mission planning, briefing high ranking personnel such as colonels and majors, and control air assets and deconflict the airspace
Enjoyable job
Personnel (Current Employee), Middle River, MDJune 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: only part-time
Great place to work,
extremely flexible,
excellent room for growth
supervisors aim for excellent morale
lots of "out of work" activities to boost morale
military
Medical Technician (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 5, 2015
great way to get to travel, must be determined and dedicated. Have to sign up for 6 years. You meet many different people. Really shows you what you can do even if you didn't think it was possible.
Productive place to work at
Supply Management/Armed Reserve Conflict (Current Employee), Scott AFB, 62225May 31, 2015
A typical day at work is managing, shipping, and tracking assets from all over the world. Co-workers are very easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is tracking down assets that have been lost while in transit to there location
Perfect
Air Transportation Specialist Journeyman (Current Employee), USAMay 21, 2015
I learned things that i will carry with me for the rest of my life from here as for as jobs and personal they give you all the tools to succeed in every aspect of your life and you will never forget it.
Excellent people, good pay
Air Transportation Craftsman (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good pay and travel
Cons: family separation
Excellent part time job that exposed me to people and places I would not have experienced on my own. Provided training and reinforced my safety first attitude.
Good place
Aerospace Medical Technician (Current Employee), Belle Chasse, LAMay 18, 2015
Know your place, learn the ranks, and you will be fine. Great experience so far. Would not trade it for the world. Training and benefits are free, take full advantage of them.
Really good work environment and morale.
Cyber Transportation Apprentice (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 16, 2015
Pros: Family environment, very helpful people
Cons: A little restrictive
Stand in formation at 7:30 am. Enjoy role call and seeing friends again. Then report to our duty sections and start our training. Always learning something new at work and volunteer opportunities to help out the squadron. Then clock out at 5:00 pm.
Air National Guard
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 12, 2015
Working for the Air National Guard Fulltime is possibly the best job I have ever had. I would say work is my home away from home by choice.
productive
Aviation resource management specialist (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVMay 4, 2015
Always very productive, but still a fun environment to work in. The people I work with are great. I've learned a lot with this job. I really enjoy the work I do here.
Consistent, Structure, Benefits
Comand Post (Current Employee), Klamath Falls, ORMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches on UTA.
The people are fantastic. It is nice having opportunity to promote and move up. The pay could be better. Everybody knows their place and respects each other like family in and out of the workplace.
Air Force
Aviation Team Chief (Current Employee), Buckley Air Force Base ColoradoApril 29, 2015
I am a Air National Guard member serving only one weekend a month. I lead a team of young Guard members, mentor, train, and manage.
Great Learning Opportunity
Cyber Operations Journeyman (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 27, 2015
Allowed me the knowledge necessary to pursue a career in something I love. The Air National Guard gave me the ability to lead, learn, and instruct in order to advance my career and be a productive member of society.
Productive and fast-paced in warehouse
Logistics Readiness Supply (Current Employee), Hickam, HIApril 27, 2015
A typical day of work consists of counting all inventory and assets for all military personel. I have learned over the span of 2 years serving, that you always triple check everything you count. Management – more... is fair and respectful towards peers. My co- workers are David Isei and Jherson Arenas. The hardest part o f the job, is trying to keep count off large quanties. The most enjoyable part of this job is working well with others and supplying air craft parts to the plane. – less
Excellent place to go right out of high school
National Guard (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2015
If you don't have a clue when you graduate high school. Go in the military. Excellent training and learn a lot about leadership and discipline.
Productive Workplace
Cable and Antenna Systems (Current Employee), Annville, PAApril 23, 2015
This job is also fast paced that has a lot of ups and downs. All the training I made will translate over to civilian life. My coworkers are a joy to work with.
Life-long career
Senior Airman (E-4) (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 23, 2015
I will and always will do any tasks asked of me. I plan on retiring in the military.

I work at the base in Milwaukee, but I also fill in for active duty soldiers when needed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Air National Guard

The Air National Guard (ANG), also known as the Air Guard, is a federal military reserve force as well as the militia force of – Read more

Air National Guard Salaries

$45,000 per year
Contract Specialist
$65,781 per year

Air National Guard Photos

Triaging and preparing a patient for flight from injuries due to Earthquake.