Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 1,203 reviews matching the search
An immensely challlenging and fulfilling position
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 27, 2017
A very good place to further your skills learned in civilian life to those learned in Military life. Good work ethics required to complete jobs in some very unusual places around the world. I learned much about myself and how to deal with others in challenging and stressful environments and still get the job done.
I found the hardest part the job was the physical demands placed on yourself, but this helped give me satisfaction reaching the goals of staying in shape and being able to do the work.
I would recommend this group to anyone seeking challenge, opportunity, and the need to learn new things while helping to protect your fellow citizens and your country.
Challenging and rewarding work.
Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Westhampton Beach, NYMay 27, 2017
Great atmosphere with pleasant co-workers. The work was challenging and there are plenty of opportunities for promotion if desired.
Would and have recommended to friends.
Typical work day
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kekaha, HIMay 26, 2017
A typical day at work you could find me repairing/maintaining generator and other support systems to maintain mission readiness or studying Air Force publications to maintain knowledge on equipment. I try to maintain a positive and professional attitude toward my job task and fellow coworkers on and off-duty. I am always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right and on time. Sometimes the job can become challenging by having a close deadline for repairs on equipment or support systems.
Pros
Good work environment, able to have stable personal life, Good job location
Cons
Unable to support myself working only 2 days a month
An organization that recognizes and rewards motivation and self-initiative.
State Command Chief (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2017
With almost 28 years working for the Air National Guard in both full and part-time capacities, I can honestly say that it has been a very rewarding and extremely satisfying experience. The Air National Guard provides a ready force to support the citizens of the state in times of local crisis as well as the ability to pivot and support the needs of the US both home and abroad. As an organization that encourages innovation and promotes a strong culture of ethics and moral values, the Air National Guard stands as a ready operational reserve comprised of local residents embedded in their respective communities.
Pros
full or part-time opportunities, specific skill set training, opportunity to advance, stability in employment
Great
Gate Guard, Base Patrol and Security Controller (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 23, 2017
The Air National Guard is a great weekend way of earning extra money for your family while doing something great for your country. It is something that is a way of paying forward to your community and possibly abroad if you are activated.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Time away from family
Highly Educational
Aerospace Medicine Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 23, 2017
If you want life skills, join the air national guard and learn how to be a better human being and understand what it takes to a professional person. I have learned to be more professional and demonstrate my skills as a airman in a more profound manner thanks to the air national guard.
Pros
Trainingq
Awesome workplace
Security Forces Member (Current Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIMay 23, 2017
Protecting the base and personnel
I learned how to time manage, be professional, and take responsibility for my actions
It's such a fun unit to be in because the people are outgoing
hardest part of the job is it's physically demanding
most enjoyable part is the adventure
I really enjoyed my time in the ANG
Air Force Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMay 22, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn to maintain and repair multiple platforms including: Hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, gas turbine engines, diesel engines, and HVAC systems. Strong management made for an efficient unit.
Great Place
HVAC/R Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 22, 2017
Great environment! You can make friendships that could last a lifetime. The job security is great, especially if you make it to a specific rank you want.
A great plcae to work if you want to belong to something big
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  South Burlington, VTMay 22, 2017
Great place to work if you love to travel, appreciate discipline, and you want to meet new people. Plenty of opportunity for advancement in your career and the work life balance is great. The culture changes depending on where you are located and what job you get. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do more when needed.
Advancement
Health Service Management (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 22, 2017
It's not very difficult to advance in the Virginia Air National Guard and there are also quite a bit opportunities if you're in the right place and the right time. As long as you do the requirements which pass the physical fitness assessment every year and either on the job training or supervisor training you will succeed. Furthermore, there not many benefits in the Air National Guard the only benefit I see is college tuition getting paid for either through tuition assistance or the GI bill.
Good job, not many opportunities for growth, bad leadership.
Security Forces Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working there but when it came to leadership they didn't practice what they preached and didn't care much for their troops which mate it a less enjoyable experience. The wrong people were in charge on my honest opinion and the only way to grow was to kiss up to people.
fast pace, always evolving
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  PEASE ANGB. N.H.May 21, 2017
:set job to accomplish daily.
:local events, world events change what you do.
:teamwork and thinking out of the box to accomplish mission.
:you wear many hats besides your job at any given time you switch focus to the issue or demand at hand.
Sense of accomplishment at the end of each day!
Good transition to civilian world
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 19, 2017
Enlisting in the Air National Guard helped me transition into the civilian life that I was headed for. I was able to continue my military training in the medical field and obtain my EMT certification, but also have time to spend at home with my family.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, high stress
Red, White, and Blue
Aerial Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTMay 19, 2017
This is a great opportunity for you to make something of yourself or give your life direction. The brotherhood/sisterhood is second to none. They preach a culture of unity and go truly try to maintain that.
Pros
Travel Opportunities
Cons
4/6 Year Contracts
Air National Guard
Aircrew Flight Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2017
Air National Guard is a great career full time or part time. Great benefits if you take advantage of them! Education benefits and health benefits for you and your family members.
Typical Part-time military duty
Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CA 95903May 18, 2017
a great military environment with people who care about both your personal and military career.
minimal opportunities for advancement depending on job signed up for.
Pros
free lunches while on official military duty
Cons
stressful work
Alabama Air National Guard
Member (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 18, 2017
I enjoy being a member of the air national guard. It allows me to continue my military service, while still working on my education and civilian career.
military
Shop Supervisor Fulltime (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2017
It is military. I work as a technician (civil service) good benefits. we work a 40 hour week 4 10 hour days. love the 3 day weekends. we maintain the KC 135 air refueling aircraft.
It's the military
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  USMay 17, 2017
Getting a full time job in the reserves was awesome. Great pay, decent hours and great people. The only downside is when it is drill weekend as that means 12 straight days of working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5