Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 1,287 reviews matching the search
Good workplace with great benefits
Material Management (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 24, 2017
I worked full time for the Idaho Air National Guard for two years and recently gave up my position to move to South Carolina. On a typical day, I would work with other Airman and get them sized in uniforms, get all the required deployment items together, and get everything on order. I would also work with all the parts for the A-10s (our airplanes) and get them out to the shops that needed them.
I learned a lot about the military, about how jobs work together, about structure in the workplace, and mostly about how to stay organized and on top of my work.
The hardest part of the job was getting big groups of deployments ready at once.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing people every day and seeing how my attitude and me helping them get everything they needed made their day so much better.
Kang
FMV Analyst/Imagery Analyst/Mission Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 23, 2017
I served in the military from 2003-2012 and have no major complaints about the way I was trained or any of my managers or commanders. Good way to break into the IC.
great place to spend your working years
Maintenance Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2017
Great people and a great place to work! I'd go back in a heartbeat! If you get a full time position with the Air Guard, don't ever leave! The only challenges are with time away during deployments.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
periodic deployments
Great place to learn useful skills.
Air Craft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2017
Most days spent fueling, repairing, and maintaining C-130 Aircraft.Lots of free education and classes. Aircraft were retired and jobs moved away. Enjoyed being around aircraft and good people.
Pros
Being around aircraft and good friends.
Cons
Never know if you might get deployed.
Best place to be. Stressful yet rewarding environment
ELECTRICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 21, 2017
A typical day at work includes troubleshooting electrical components on the fighter jets, if needed and replacing needed parts or wires. I learned how to work in a face paced environment, as well as various tricks of the trade. Leadership (management) is exceptional, in that they are able lead and mentor those below and above them. The workplace culture is overall very fun, and believes in helping their people. The hardest part of the job was being put in time critical situations, where you had to produce results. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people!
Pros
Get to serve with the best, fun, Christmas parties, traveling and more
The Air National Guard is a great place to establish connections
Airman (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2017
The Air National Guard is an amazing place to establish great core values and a great work ethic.You start of with an overview of the days plan. Which depending on the occasion may very to a day of admin. work filing out forms to posting as a security detail for an event. The culture is always friendly and welcoming. My favorite part of this job is you truly feel like you make a difference in the work that you do.
Pros
Great benefits, ability to make connections, and a phenomenal work enviroment
Cons
you may work holidays
Used to be great, but now its wildly mediocre.
ELECTRONIC INTEGRATED SYSTEM SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kingsley Field, Klamath Falls, OregonJuly 20, 2017
Since the new squadron commander took over things have been on a seemingly downward spiral. The people are great though. The work is a good balance of exciting and manageable.
Air National Guard
Public Affairs/Photojournalist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2017
Provided Public Relations and Photojournalism support for members on base. I have learned all my skills form being our here. It is very diverse and must be a mutli-tasker to get things accomplished. Gave me a better out look on seeing a bigger picture. I enjoy the community relations and being able to assist others.
It's like a family
Electronic Integrated Avionics System Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2017
Awesome culture, great benefits, rank after the first few are spaced out since it is limited by shop/area, a lot opportunities to see the US/world between deployments
N/a
Cyber Transport Technician (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, IN 47803July 19, 2017
A typical day at work is doing my job
Learning how to do the job right
management here is very positive
work place culture is great
hardest part of the job is getting the speed down to fix something
I enjoy all aspects of the job
Pros
several
Cons
Few
Excellet place to work!
Client Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work consists of checking the call log for messages left by customers from the previous day and working through work orders for various computer issues. The air national guard has taught me to strive for excellence in everything that I do. Leadership is always very supportive in providing all of the tools necessary to be successful. As a whole morale is kept up by 100% precipitation in unit activities and events. The most challenging part of the job would be procedures. The jobs within the Air Force are separated to an extent where sometimes you have to wait to complete your job because there is another group that has to do something first. The most enjoyable part is also part of the most challenging. Due to the fact that we have to work together as a team to complete the goal makes it a lot more satisfying when a project comes together smoothly.
Air National Guard
Budget Officer 65F3 (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work and good culture. One of the premier Air Guard units in the nation. The high level operation temp can become very difficult though, including overseas deployments.
productive and fun
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 18, 2017
• Maintained all historical data through different computer programs specifically designed for AF use
• Planned and projected time change forecast for maintenance and coordinate with other organizations to include MAJCOM and DEPOT for planning of major maintenance to be formed
• Perform detailed review of end item inspections and time for accuracy
• Coordinated with different sections to ensure performance of scheduled maintenance on aircraft
Pros
opportunities
Cons
health care
Do your work
RF Transmissions Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 15, 2017
Well it's military life, but on the weekends. Job is fair with the right management and leadership. Can call you up for anything if they need you. Great benefits.
Work loads
Ordnance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hickam AFB, HIJuly 14, 2017
Punctuality is strictly enforced. Show up for your shift, depending on your rank and status, complete your assigned work orders/tasks for the shift. Many DoD and USAF regulations to abide and follow. Most tasks are completed using technical manuals etc. As you would expect there are many rules to follow also as the Air National Guard is, after all, a branch of the USAF. Physical fitness testing every year so keeping fit is a plus.
Pros
Generous paid vacation and sick leave
Cons
Varying shifts and weekends required.
Protect and serve
Security Forces Specialist (Former Employee) –  Selfridge Air National Guard Base, MIJuly 14, 2017
United States Air Force is where it's at. If you want to serve part time with the national guard i would highly advise it. Not you do you get to serve your country, you still get to maintain you family life and civilian job as well.
Fleet manager
Fleet/vehicle management and annalysis coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHJuly 14, 2017
I fix and manage parts for various vehicles and aircraft in the airforce. One day I could be doing computer work and looking up and ordering new parts we need and the next I could be working on that exact vehicle or aircraft.
Aircraft Mechanic and Crewchief (Former Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed my experience with the the Colorado Air National Guard. Compared to my time with the Colorado Army National Guard, it was more technically challenging and fulfilling.
Great Experience
Knowledge Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAJuly 13, 2017
Being in the Air National Guard as a reservist was a culture shock. I was used to the Active Duty environment where we follow strict(er) rules, regulations and policies.
Fast paced and very demanding
Aircraft Armament Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 13, 2017
Requires a lot of discipline and even if you enter the guard in good physical shape. You MUST maintain your fitness level to the highest standards during the entire time you are in. You cant just show up once a year for a fitness test. You have to work out several times per week. Most of that exercise needs to be cardio. Not just lifting weights. Several body builders fail the fitness test every year because they don't also maintain a above average cardio fitness regimen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5