Air National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Not bad if you want something to do once a month
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 20, 2016
Something to do while you're in college and needing some extra money. It really depends on the individual if it turns out to be a career or not.
Pros
Decent pay, Comradery, Interesting career fields
Cons
Not for everyone, sacrifice family time, skill transferability
awesome if you love the military
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYJuly 20, 2016
I have spent 30 years in the military, they have taught me from warehousing to manager. I loved the people there were we all worked as one to get the mission done.
Pros
traveling
Cons
PT.
Exhausting/rewarding
Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84116July 18, 2016
I'm in at 6am Monday thru Thursday, as well as a weekend once a month. I do get Fridays off. I sit a computer for 10 hours uploading medical records. I also help other departments out administratively. The hardest part of my job is staying motivated. The most enjoyable part of my job are my coworkers, they make it more bearable.
Counter/comm/nav (avionics) maintainer (Current Employee) –  Channel Islands, CAJuly 8, 2016
Would totally work there again, great full time positions and amazing benefits thanks to the DoD. Awesome culture, low level militaristic vibe, and a sense of family and unity beyond all else.
Challenging work environment with guideline but allows creativity
Inspector General Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 7, 2016
You must be very organized and efficient in your work day. New technologies prove to keep you in a constant state of learning and proving yourself.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
promotions
Infinite amounts of training opportunities
Power Production Specialist Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 7, 2016
The air national guard has been the most rewarding decision I have ever made. I would recommend joining to anyone who asked me. I have loved every minute of my military service.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
deployments
A review of a drill weekend
Security Forces Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Joint Base McGuire Dix LakehurstJuly 5, 2016
A typical drill weekend at the 108th NJ Air National guard is you report to the orderly room to receive your weekend assignments. As a SSgt, I have to ensure that my troops completed their tasks in a timely manner.
During my time at the Air National Guard, I have learned hand to hand combat, leadership skills and many more.
Great place to grow professionally
Airfield Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDJuly 1, 2016
Working on ground to air radios for an air traffic control entity can be fast paced and challenging. Customer service is key in supporting day to day missions and small and large force exercises.
Services (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJune 28, 2016
You never do the same thing. You are always learning always moving always on your feet. It's amazing working with so many different people from very different cultures.
Best decision I made
Cyber Transportation Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 28, 2016
You will get far more out of this than anyone will admit. Great to serve your country. Make the most out of it, and give it your all
Rewarding place to work
C-130 Crew Chief Senior Airman (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 22, 2016
Working as a team maintaining c-130 air craft. I have learned to put service before myself, Integrity in everything that I do and that there is nothing that I can not achieve as long as I set my mind to it. Management is great always there to answer questions and have my best interest in mind. My co workers are also wonderful. everyone has each others back. The hardest part of the job is on the occasions that I am away from my wife and kids. The most enjoyable part of the job is the Honor to serve my Country.
Good job solid benefits
RF Transmissions Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Douglas, WIJune 21, 2016
Only need to work one weekend a month and 2 weeks for field training. Solid educational benefits and good healthcare. great for a part time thing on the side if you want to serve your country but still live at home and work whatever other job you want
The HIANG Family was Great
Engineer Inspector (Former Employee) –  JBPHHJune 20, 2016
The people working at the HIANG were very cooperative and helpful in the execution of the overall mission to protect and serve the USA.
Its a Contract
Senior Airmen/Network Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAJune 17, 2016
So I have not had an awesome experience here, mostly due to my job. Also it seems that too many employee records get misplaced my the medical staff. You do have the opportunity to meet some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet.
Pros
great benefits (earned over a long period of time), some great people
Cons
no flexibility to transfer
Good for Some
Communications Focal Point Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 16, 2016
The Air National Guard can be a wonderful opportunity. If you are able to maintain the standards of the military and deal with the rank structure then you can get some amazing training and experience. There are also benefits like college reimbursement to take advantage of not to mention a pretty good retirement plan.
Great Work Environment and Always Something to Learn
Cyber Transport Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 14, 2016
I have not met an ANG member that did not love being apart of the National Guard. We get to serve our country while living a normal life. Being in the ANG opens up a lot of job opportunities as a technician. You can look to deploy, work full-time at the base, or simply come in once a month. It's up to you.
Pros
Great opportunities open through this connection
Cons
Giving up one weekend a month
Productive and busy workplace
Client Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYJune 14, 2016
On a typical day the help desk receives a large number of phone calls, walk-ins, and emails from the entire base requesting troubleshooting/technical assistance. We are responsible for the network, base-wide. We create, manage, and delete account or user permissions.
Pros
Strong military enviornment
Cons
upgrade training depends on time/grade
proud to serve
Aircraft Electrical and environmental specialist (Current Employee) –  MississippiJune 12, 2016
I am very proud to serve my country. I learned a multitude of skills in the military. this job teaches discipline and personal morals.
Enjoy serving the state of Texas and the USA
HVAC Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2016
Normally one weekend per month and two weeks out of the year unless I get deployed or volunteer for a temporary duty assignment. Worked and served with some great people of various backgrounds.Best part of job is serving my state and nation. The most difficult part is knowing that some of our work and sacrifice in helping other people, nations , and the defense of our nation is for naught; that just one man and administration can undue a great amount of sacrifce by so many.
Excellent place to work
Safety and Occupational Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJune 7, 2016
Excellent place to work. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Excellent benefits. The most enjoyable part of working here is the people. Its like a big family.

4.5