Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 1,076 reviews matching the search
Good start
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2017
KFC was a good place to start at. The environment depends on the current staffing. Typically good employees. Could use better enforced cleanliness standards.
Great way to serve
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2017
One weekend a month and two weeks a year. Its a great way to serve your country and it offers great benefits. You can choose from a multitude of careers.
Great company to work for
Senior Airman (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 16, 2017
I've had a great time working in the military but I'm ready to start focusing on a civilian career. Thats why I am leaving the ANG. They provided me with great work exp. and great mentors for the past 6 years.
Family Readiness Volunteer
Member of the volunteer family readiness office (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 16, 2017
This was a great experience to interact, communicate, delegate, and organize events which were created by one extremely determined powerful woman, to reward and show our respect to all those signed into the Air National Guard of Pennsylvania and to keep moral at an all time high between families of enlisted men and woman.
Extremely Professional and welcoming environment
Passenger Service Agent / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 15, 2017
While working, each day is a learning experience that is driven by professional members all driven to complete the mission on time and as safely as possible. I am in a management position currently supervising airmen and ensuring their training and mission capabilities are up to date. The job is rigorous but extremely rewarding, being a member that has transitioned from active duty to a guard position, it was a humbling experience to see the amount of professionalism and expertise my fellow members have. everyone that i work with is professional and friendly, all are extremely talented and work very hard to complete our mission. The Best part of my current unit is the travel that we all partake in on a yearly basis, new experiences are gained, we all get to know each other better and ultimately became a family, not just coworkers. All and all, a very fulfilling place to serve.
Pros
travel, pay, camaraderie
Cons
deployments, time away from family
Great life experience
Senior Airmen (Former Employee) –  Selfridge Air National Guard Base, MIJanuary 12, 2017
As a weapons load crew member and part of the stardization load crew department. I was assigned to load weapons and troubleshooting weapons release equipment. I showed higher rankings members I could preform my duties with high proficiency and was promoted to training newer members.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
NA
You get out what you put in.
Servicemember (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 11, 2017
Excellent work environment. Chances to get experiences and to promote. Expect earn these opportunities and make many personal sacrifices, willing to do that and it is a great place.
Pros
Travel. Great Experiences. Second Family and Support System
Cons
Additional Ancillary Training. Little opportunity for Senior Positions.
Proud to serve
Exercise and Inspections Planner (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 11, 2017
Military: For Official use only in Exercise and Inspections Planning for The Inspector General Inspections section. Scenario and operational exercise writing. Meeting with subject matter experts for detailed data analysis.
Pros
Working for the military
Cons
Job expired
A proud member of your state/community and for your country
Air transportation apprentice (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJanuary 10, 2017
You learn things about jobs and yourself that you never imagined you could do. You basically get a lifeline joining the military it all depends on how you use it to your benefit.
Pros
education and benefits
Cons
pt for those who dont workout all the time :)
Not just a job, it's satisfaction!!
Shop Supervisor (NCOIC) (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 9, 2017
Military life is an amazing way to live. It provides you the opportunity to serve your country, state, and offers great opportunity for college. not only will you learn a terrific trade. also a degree. benefits are second to none and provide excellent programs and facilities for taking care of your family.
Hard working
Services Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 9, 2017
I loved almost every minuet of working here with all the team work and the people. I will never forget my lessons I have learned there nor the people.
served eight years
Communications Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Rankin County, MSJanuary 9, 2017
Helped me pay for college. I would not have been able to afford my college without this help.
Memorable and valuable experiences.
Lovely people.
They train you and you will learn many new things.
Pros
education expense help, extra cash
Cons
you could possible be acitivated, serve and die in a war
National Guard
Stock Control/Customer Service Liasion (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76127January 8, 2017
It is an experience and an opportunity to serve my country at a state level. Then go on deployments with my fellow airman. The benefits have been almost like active duty status.
I enjoyed my time
Maintenance Management & Control (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 8, 2017
As with all National Guard positions, advancement is dependent on available slots dictated by command in Washington D.C., and not always reflective of the time and experience gained. Management does their best to ensure people are taken care of given the tools and scenarios they are provided with, but can be affected by political agendas. Benefits for Guard members is very lacking, especially given the mounting medical and dental requirements added regularly to remain qualified creating an unreasonable financial burden to members.
Fun
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Moffett Field, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Great place to work at, meet great people and be part of the military and still have your civilian life. Work one weekend a month. Get to travel when aircraft go training out of state.
Nice place to work
Environmental Specialist/Hazardous Waste Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 6, 2017
Co-workers are and will be lifelong friends
As long as you showed up everyday and did your job, your typical day was great
Hardest part of this job was maintaining a professional/consistent working relationship with a few of the individuals that worked in upper management
Cons
Must be in the Delaware Air National Guard
Great Opportunites
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 5, 2017
Working the front gate, patrolman, and flight line duties. As an E-5 you have the opportunities to lead and manage 5 to 10 people
Benefits
Cons
Work hours
Good organization
Electric/Environmental Specialist/154 MXS/MXMCE (Current Employee) –  Hickam AFB, HIJanuary 5, 2017
As a traditional reservist if provided me skills that I could transfer to my civilian job through computer skills and basic trouble shooting. It also allowed me to help train others in the field.
Home
Airman 1st Class (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2017
this job is great I love it here, my management is great my co workers all want to work and take care of what needs to be done I loved being apart of something that makes a difference in this world. or the county at the very least.
Pros
gaurenteed job
Great Opportunity
Avaya Trainer (Current Employee) –  Camp Robinson, ARJanuary 4, 2017
Training the Air National Guard is/was a great privilege. Contract is expiring so I have to move on. Great students. Excellent staff. I made many new life long friends.
Pros
Lunch at DFac is cheap!
Cons
Isolated as sole Avaya Trainer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6